1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Vgc 2014 team help please

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Devil-Lad, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Devil-Lad

Devil-Lad

So I've been making vgc teams and testing them on pokemon showdown. This is my team so far and I'd appreciate some suggestions or advice

George de Sand (Roserade) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb

Favorite pokemon on the team right now, mostly used as a finisher or as a garchomp/rotom-w slayer. All the speed is for taking out other scarf users who think they can invest a little more in offense and get away with it. Technician is crucial for hidden power, I usually don't get statused anyways

Eazy-bake Oven (Rotom-Heat) @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Overheat
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Protect

Just using him for fire coverage, I'd like to get rid of him though

Ziggy Balls (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
    Ability: Pure Power
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Fake Out
    - High Jump Kick
    - Ice Punch
    - Bullet Punch

Has been useful but I'm still working on him, high jump kick is really the only move I'm sure I'd like to keep on him

Grenigga (Greninja) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Protean
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Protect
    - Rock Slide
    - Power-Up Punch
    - Shadow Sneak

Mostly for taking out charizards and talonflames. Pretty helpful

Workrum! Workrum! (Murkrow) @ Eviolite
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 36 Spd / 252 HP / 120 Def / 100 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Quash
    - Foul Play
    - Feather Dance
    - Taunt

Extra speed is for out speeding meowstic. Mostly used for quashing, he's kinda mediocre so I'd like to replace or change him.

Vexer (Sableye) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 88 SDef / 8 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Taunt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Foul Play

The extra speed is to taunt other sableyes when I see them. Sableye has been pretty damn useful so I don't think I'll be changing a single thing about him. He can have sitrus berry instead of leftovers though.

As you can see I've tried making my team with uncommon pokemon and I'd like to keep it that way. On showdown this team does alright, usually winning 75% of the time. I'm satisfied with my Roserade, Sableye, and Greninja but I'm not sure about Medicham's build, Heat Rotom is just there as filler, I'd definitely like to replace him, and Murkrow is mostly there just to quash stuff. I'm not too worried about fighting fairies cause I don't see them too much, but dazzling gleam is pretty threatening.

And I actually plan on taking the finished team to an upcoming vgc.
  2. Nomark

Nomark

3. Devil-Lad

Devil-Lad

4. Simply

Simply

Definitely go to RMT, but I'd like to give you a suggestion. Take out Murkrow and use a good status/support pokemon that is non prankster. Reason being if you see they have pokemon with quick guard you wont be able to do anything. I've been using a klefki a lot but I also have a talonflame with taunt, quick guard, tailwind, and acrobatics. (Been experimenting with focus sash + acrobatics)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)