VGC 2015: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys so I'm not sure of the Ev spreads or movesets or items yet, but so far my team consists of

Kangaskhan@ kangaskhanite
Adamant
Scrappy

Landorus-T@Choice Band/scarf
Adamant
Intimidate
-U-turn
-Earthquake
-Superpower
-Rock Slide

Thundurus-I@Life orb/sitrus berry/choice scarf
Timid
Prankster
-Thunder Wave
-HPICE
-Taunt
-Thunderbolt

Will someone please give me some ideal mons to fill in this team with? I want a fantastic team and I don't know what mons I could throw on this team.
You'll want something that resists Rock and Ice to cover your two Genies weaknesses, so Aegislash and Sylveon would be good choices. You gain good resistances to Rock and Ice as well as plenty of anti-fighting types to keep your Kang from getting KO'd.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Okay guys so I'm not sure of the Ev spreads or movesets or items yet, but so far my team consists of

Kangaskhan@ kangaskhanite
Adamant
Scrappy

Landorus-T@Choice Band/scarf
Adamant
Intimidate
-U-turn
-Earthquake
-Superpower
-Rock Slide

Thundurus-I@Life orb/sitrus berry/choice scarf
Timid
Prankster
-Thunder Wave
-HPICE
-Taunt
-Thunderbolt

Will someone please give me some ideal mons to fill in this team with? I want a fantastic team and I don't know what mons I could throw on this team.
Bisharp and sylveon are common partners with double genies + kang.

Hi! Is there any place in the vgc forum to trade pokés? I'd want to build a team but I lack some pokémons and I need to breed them. The problem is i need 0IVs in speed and I don't have any poké to breed from xD

So, I've seen this Rhyperior spread on the Nugget Bridge Damage Calculator. It is 68 HP / 252 atk / 188 SpDef, Brave Nature. I know that the 'Common Showdown' sets on the Nugget Bridge Calculator do something useful and specific if there are specific EV spreads there instead of 252 / 252 usually. Any idea about what this spread does?

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
So, I've seen this Rhyperior spread on the Nugget Bridge Damage Calculator. It is 68 HP / 252 atk / 188 SpDef, Brave Nature. I know that the 'Common Showdown' sets on the Nugget Bridge Calculator do something useful and specific if there are specific EV spreads there instead of 252 / 252 usually. Any idea about what this spread does?
If I remember correctly it survives a Scald from Cybertron's Suicune spread.

Hello! For anyone planning on participating in the International Challenge [June] Online competition. We have an ongoing giveaway in the Wi-Fi Giveaway subforum that might interest you.

Link here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/type-of-the-month-club-giveaway-june.3541577/

There you will be able to get up to 3 competitive VGC viable pokemon. Be sure to follow the rules if you are interested ;)

I have a similar spread it helps rhyperior take some special attacks like Aegislash's Flash Cannon and OHKO back. Without SpDef investment flashcannon ohkos

I haven't used Wide Guard before but have been considering it. Out of curiosity, does it protect your pokemon from your own side's moves?

for example, if I have an Aegislash and Garchomp on the field, and the former uses Wide Guard, will it be protected from the latter's earthquake if used in the same turn?

I haven't used Wide Guard before but have been considering it. Out of curiosity, does it protect your pokemon from your own side's moves?

for example, if I have an Aegislash and Garchomp on the field, and the former uses Wide Guard, will it be protected from the latter's earthquake if used in the same turn?
Yes, Wide Guard protects you from your own spread moves

Yes it will be protected from Earthquake.

Edit: Ninja's in the VGC forum 0.o

I'm wanting to build my first VGC team using as few legendaries as possible. I also want to use a Special Megamence as my main attacker. First off, what moves/EVs would I use on it? And second off, what sort of partners would be used with it? Besides maybe a Sylveon because two-type Hyper Voice combos.

I'm wanting to build my first VGC team using as few legendaries as possible. I also want to use a Special Megamence as my main attacker. First off, what moves/EVs would I use on it? And second off, what sort of partners would be used with it? Besides maybe a Sylveon because two-type Hyper Voice combos.
I can't help with EV's but special based Mence generally runs Hyper Voice, Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Protect. As for partners Aegislash and other Steels are good for covering the Ice, Dragon, Rock, and Fairy weaknesses.

If you want to run a simple special MegaMence you could just go 252 SpA 252 Spe, but if you want a specially based mixed variant with Naive nature you could put 20 EVs (iirc, correct me if I'm wrong) in Attack to OHKO 252 HP 252+ Def Amoonguss with Double-Edge. For team options Steel-types as mentioned work well, especially Aegislash as it can provide Wide Guard support to avoid incoming Rock Slide's. Bulky Water-types such as Rotom-W also make great partners, resisting incoming Ice-type attacks and Mence covering up their Grass-type weakness. Rotom-W and Water- and Ground-types such as Swampert and Gastrodon are unique compared to other bulky Water-types by not having a weakness to Electric, which is a plus.

You really only need 20 wow someone told me you needed 92 on Normal Positive Nature Gardevoir.
I have a feeling you'd like the speed tiers link in my sig. It tells you how much Speed you need to beat pretty much anything of relevance.

Also, since it's literally VGC 2015 ruleset, is discussion of the June International allowed in this subforum, or is that a Battle Spot forum thing..?

I have a feeling you'd like the speed tiers link in my sig. It tells you how much Speed you need to beat pretty much anything of relevance.

Also, since it's literally VGC 2015 ruleset, is discussion of the June International allowed in this subforum, or is that a Battle Spot forum thing..?
Why not both?

I'm perfectly alright with discussion of the June International if someone wants to make a thread about it. I've been meaning to make one myself, but laziness has gotten in the way.

I'm perfectly alright with discussion of the June International if someone wants to make a thread about it. I've been meaning to make one myself, but laziness has gotten in the way.
I could whip up a thread about that tomorrow if it's okay.

Do Tornadus and Tornadus-T see much play these days? If so, which one sees more play?
Done tons of battles for VGC15 - I've only ever seen one Tornadus (it was Therian).
That said, Incarnate is more "popular" thanks to Prankster Tailwind. The reason it's so unseen now is the array of better Tailwind mons, and Thundurus kinda does everything Tornadus does better except Tailwind, without having to rely on shitty accuracy (hurricane) or shitty power (Air Slash) for STAB. Tornadus-T... the guy I was fighting actually used it nicely, it was a bulky Tailwind / Air Slash flinch set that abused LO + Sub + Regen U-Turn. Torn-T is more of a Singles thing, the loss of Flying Gem and Defiant was devastating for Tornadus-I and left it with almost nothing. Otherwise, it'd be pretty fucking awesome right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)