(VGC 2015) Entei

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OVERVIEW]

Although Entei is not the most used Pokemon in the VGC metagame, it still is a threat to consider. With defensive stats of 115 / 85 / 75, Entei has solid bulk, with very few moves being able to OHKO it. Entei's Fire typing provides it a resistance to Fairy, but makes it weak to some of the most common types such as Ground, Rock, and Water. Entei suffers from a very shallow movepool, especially with the loss of Extreme Speed and Flare Blitz in the VGC metagame, making it very predictable, while its rival, Arcanine, is unpredictable because it has a better movepool. However, Entei does have a solid Speed tier, having base 100 Speed.

[SET]
name: Bulky Attacker
move 1: Sacred Fire
move 2: Stone Edge
move 3: Snarl / Iron Head
move 4: Protect
item: Leftovers
ability: Pressure
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Sacred Fire is Entei's strongest STAB move and has a 50% chance to burn the opposing Pokemon, which helps neutralize physical attackers. Snarl lowers the foe's Special Attack, making it a great move to stop special attackers from dealing too much damage. Stone Edge picks up KOs on Flying- and Fire-types, especially Talonflame and Charizard. Iron Head deals super effective damage to Fairy- and Rock-types such as Sylveon and Terrakion. Protect is a staple in VGC, as it allows Entei to avoid taking hits it doesn't want to take.

Set Details
========

252 HP EVs give Entei bulk to take hits better. 236 Attack EVs and an Adamant nature are used so that Entei can hit really hard. 20 Speed EVs make Entei peak a Speed stat of 123, letting it outspeed Adamant Bisharp, allowing Sacred Fire to secure an OHKO. Leftovers give Entei a form of recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Entei is very good at staying on the field, crippling foes by either Snarling special attackers or trying to burn physical attackers with Sacred Fire. Entei can easily deal a ton of damage thanks to its good base Attack.

Team Options
========

Entei works very well with Fake Out users, as they can make Entei's biggest threats flinch. A good Fake Out user is Scrafty. Meanwhile, Entei can go for either Snarl or Sacred Fire to neutralize the biggest threat on the other side of the field. Tailwind also helps Entei a lot, as outspeeding opposing Pokemon is always good. Entei has great synergy with Suicune, as it has access to Tailwind, allowing Entei to outspeed many threats. Suicune can also deal with Rock- and Ground-types that threaten Entei, which is a huge advantage. Entei can also form a bulky core with Fire-, Water-, and Grass-types, together with Pokemon like Suicune, Miltoic, Amoonguss, and Mega Venusaur.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Bulldoze is an option on Entei, as it provides speed control. However, Bulldoze also hits Entei's partner, making it only good with teammates that are immune to Ground-type moves. Running a Choice Band is mostly used for spamming powerful Sacred Fires, although it is not as good as it is in Singles. Substitute is an option over Protect, as it has a similar use and can be better than Protect in some situations, such as getting a free turn to set up Substitute.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Water-types**: Entei struggles against Water-types, as they resist its attack, Sacred Fire, and have super effective STAB attacks to hit Entei with. Facing a rain team makes everything worse, as Water-type attacks gain an additional boost, and Fire-type moves are weakened.

**Rock- and Ground-types**: Entei is weak to Rock- and Ground-types, especially Landorus-T, Terrakion, and Garchomp, as they have access to Rock Slide and Earthquake, moves that Entei really doesn't want to get hit by. In addition, Landorus-T has Intimidate, and Terrakion and Garchomp often carry a Lum Berry, which makes an eventual burn against them useless.

**Intimidate**: Intimidate lowers Entei's Attack, which makes it lose offensive pressure, as it is unable to hit foes as hard as it would like.

**Heatran**: Heatran resists all of Entei's powerful attacks and often carries Earth Power, which hits Entei hard for super effective damage.

Overview
########

• Bulk stats of 115/85/75 provides solid bulk
  • Fire typing makes it weak to some of the most common types in the metagame, Water, Rock and Ground
  • Losing Extreme Speed and Flare Blitz made it’s movepool very limited
  • Fire typing provides resistance to fairies, making it one of the better Sylveon counters out there
  • Solid speed tier with base 100 Speed
  • Tiny, tiny movepool
  • Faces competition with Arcanine as supportive Fire type, also with Heatran for FWG cores

Bulky Attacker
########

move 3: Snarl/Iron Head
evs: 252 Hp, 236 Atk, 20 Spd

Moves
========

• Sacred Fire is nice STAB, also burns things
  • Snarl stops special attackers
  • Stone Edge punishes Flying- and Firetypes
  • Iron Head is super effective against fairies, also good for Terrakion
  • Protect guards it from supereffective hits

Set Details
========

• Outspeeds and OHKO’s Adamant Bisharp with Sacred Fire
  • 2HKO's Sylveon with Sacred Fire
  • 252 Hp provides a lot of bulk
  • 236 Atk and Adamant nature for high damage output
  • Leftovers is nice recovery
Usage Tips
========

• Launch Sacred Fire’s on physical attackers
  • Snarl apart powerful special attackers
  • Just soak up hits and launch powerful Sacred Fire’s

Team Options
========

• Works well with Tailwind, especially with Suicune
  • Fake Out support allows it to possibly neutralize a big threat on the other side of the field with Sacred Fire or Snarl
  • Perfect as a part of a bulky FWG core

Other Options
########

• Bulldoze is niche speed control that works best next to pokemon immune to ground
  • You could run a Choice Band set made for spamming Sacred Fire, but it is not recommed
  • Substitute is an option for Protect, as it can be useful if you get a free turn

Checks & Counters
########

**Water types**: Water types have super effective STAB to hit Entei hard, whilst Entei can’t do much damage in return. Struggles especially against rain teams, as they make Sacred Fire weaker and supereffective Water type attacks stronger

**Rock/Ground types**: Entei is weak to Ground and Rock types, especially Landorus-T, Terrakion and Garchomp. Landorus-T has Intimidate, and Terrakion and Garchomp can often pack Lum Berry to protect them from burns. All of these pokemon can launch powerful Rock Slide's and Earthquake's which hits Entei hard

**Intimidate**: Intimidate makes Entei’s physical moves hit not that hard, making it not that much of a threat

**Heatran**: Heatran resists or is unaffected by all the powerfull attacks Entei can throw at it, and can hit Entei hard with Earth Power

Last edited:
looks good for the most part. sub should probably go in OO though because entei isnt the best user of it (especially since the recommended spread isn't fast) and you basically described what protect does in its description. i also think this is what the order of the moves should be (besides sub):

move 3: Snarl/Iron Head

stone edge should be staple because entei really doesn't get anything else/it shuts down charizard/talonflame/etc pretty hard and gives it coverage in general. iron head is pretty much for terrakion as you said, since sacred fire already 2hkos sylveon.

in checks/counters, lump water types in with rain and terrakion with landorus-t. also mention garchomp with landog/terrak and those mons+lum berry to block burns as well b/c it's common on chomper and terrak.

after these changes, QC 1/2

What exactly is the EV spread on Entei doing? I'm curious why there's that specific Special Defense and Speed investments.

You don't seem to be going over Entei's downsides in the overview, so I'd like to see you mention its downsides (tiny, tiny movepool, Competition from Arcanine).

Outside of those two, this is pretty solid and I'll probably QC check this once those questions are answered.

What exactly is the EV spread on Entei doing? I'm curious why there's that specific Special Defense and Speed investments.

You don't seem to be going over Entei's downsides in the overview, so I'd like to see you mention its downsides (tiny, tiny movepool, Competition from Arcanine).

Outside of those two, this is pretty solid and I'll probably QC check this once those questions are answered.
The Speed EV's allows Entei to reach a Speed stat of 123, which makes it outspeed Adamant Bisharp by one point. The Special Defense EV's don't do anything in particular, but I noticed that it survives Scald from Timid 252 SAtk Politoed under rain. The spread honestly has no specific goals other than outspeeding Bisharp. I made this spread myself, and the Attack and SDef where just thrown in as I wanted Entei to hit hard, and I saw that it had a bit lower SDef than Def, so I invested some EV's into SDef. When I was using a damage calculator to create my spread, it was also kind of difficult to find something to EV Entei for. There is almost nothing that this spread does not survive which it needs just some small adjustments to survive (except Mega Swampert's Waterfall outside of rain :P). So I can't really tell you too much about what this spread is supposed to accomplish, other than outspeeding Adamant Bisharp as earlier mentioned.

Also I added those downsides you said to the overview.

Okay. Generally, with analysis, I think it's better to only make one stat a 'dump' stat since when there are two, it gets really ambiguous on how much belongs where. I'd say unless you can think of a specific benchmark you want to see Entei always live with a Special Defense investment (I can't), then I'd say we just keep the set's EVs to a simpler 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Speed.

Once that change is made, QC 2/2. Otherwise, if you'd like to change the EVs to something else, feel free to suggest something and we can approve / reject 'em.

Add / Correction
Remove
Comment
Highlighted

**Amcheck**

Overview
########

Although Entei is not the most used Pokemon (capitalize) in this the VGC metagame, it still is a threat to consider. With Entei has a solid bulk stats of 115/85/75, Entei has solid bulk, with very few moves being able to OHKO it. Entei’s Fire typing provides it a resistance to fairies Fairy-types, but makes it weak to some of the most common types around, being such as Ground, Rock and Water. A very tiny Entei suffers from a very shallow movepool, especially with the loss of Extreme Speed and Flare Blitz in the VGC metagame. generation VI, (comma --> period) is something that Entei really suffers from. That makes it very predictable, while it’s rival in it’s role, Arcanine, is unpredictable because it has a better movepool. can be run in different ways. This is something that makes many people prefer Arcanine as a kind of supportive Fire type. (The analyses is about Entei.) However, Entei does however have a solid Speed tier, having base 100 Speed.

Bulky Attacker
########

move 3: Snarl / Iron Head (Make sure there's a space before and after the slant.)
evs: 252 Hp, 236 Atk, 20 Spd 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Spe

Moves
========

Sacred Fire is Entei's strongest STAB move, and at the same time has a 50% chance to burn the opposing Pokemon, (Capitalize) which helps neutralize physical attackers. Snarl is a great move to stop special attackers from dealing too much damage by lowering their Special Attack. Stone Edge picks up KO’s on Flying- (Add hyphen) and Fire types, especially such as Talonflame and Charizard. Iron Head deals super effective damage to Fairy- and Rock-types, and also Rock types like such as (Name a Fairy-type) and Terrakion. Sacred Fire deals almost as much damage as Iron Head on fairies Fairy-types, so Iron Head is really only for Rock-types. (Add hyphen) Protect is a staple in VGC, letting you which allows Entei to avoid taking hits you it don’t want to take.

Set Details
========

252 EVs in Hp is to give Entei bulk to take hits better. 236 EVs are invested in Attack and Adamant nature is used to hit really hard . The 20 Speed EVs makes Entei peak a Speed stat of 123, which makes it outspeed Adamant Bisharp, whilst while Sacred Fire can secure the OHKO. Leftovers are there to give Entei a form of recovery. (I'm assuming that you meant to put 20 "Spe" in the set then? It made me think 20 Special Defense. Spd = Special Defense.)
(Put a space here)

Usage Tips
========

Entei is very good at jsut staying on the field, (AC) whilst it makes opposing pokemon useless crippling foes by either snarling special attackers or trying to burn physical attackers wiht with Sacred Fire. With such a good Attack stat it can also just go for hitting the opponent hard with Sacred Fire, (This seems a bit redundant.) dealing as much damage as possible.

Team Options
========

Entei works very well with Fake Out support, as you can Fake Out flinch the Pokemon (capitalize) that is the biggest threat to Entei. (I would give an example of a great Fake Out Pokemon for Entei.) Meanwhile, Entei can go for either Snarl or Sacred Fire, (RC) trying to neutralize the biggest threat on the other side of the field. Tailwind is also something that helps Entei a lot, as outspeeding opposing pokemon is always good. A pokemon that synergizeswell with Entei and has access to Tailwind, is Suicune. Entei has great synergy with Suicune, as it has access to Tailwind, allowing Entei to outspeed many threats. Suicune is a threat to all the can also deal with Rock- and Ground-types (Add hyphens) who that threaten Entei, which is a huge advantage. Entei can also fits the role as a part of a bulky form a bulky core with Fire-, Water-, and Grass-types core perfectly. (Maybe give some examples of what specific Pokemon Entei can form a bulky core with.)

(Take out the extra space)
Other Options
########

Bulldoze is an option on Entei, being a mean of providing speed control. (When talking about "speed control," everything is lowercased.) However, you also hit your partner, making it only good with Pokemon (capitalize) immune to Ground-type (add hyphen) moves. Running a Choice Band Entei meant is mostly used for spamming powerful Sacred Fire’s, (Add comma) is also an option, although it is not as good as it is in singles. Substitute is an option for Protect, as it has a similar use and can at in some situations be better than Protect.

Checks & Counters
########

**Water-types (Add hyphen)**: Entei struggles against Water-types, (Add Hyphen) as they resist it’s its most powerful attack, Sacred Fire, and have super effective STAB attacks to hit Entei with. Facing a rain team makes everything worse, (Add comma) than it already is, as Water-type (Add hyphen) attacks gain an additional boost.

**Rock/Ground-types Rock- Ground-types**: Entei is weak to Rock- and Ground-types, (Add Hyphen and period) especially Landorus-T, Terrakion and Garchomp. All of them can launch Terrakion, Garchomp, and Landorus-T have access to Rock Slide’s and Earthquake’s, moves that Entei really don’t want to get hit by. In addition, Landorus-T has the Ability Intimidate, and while Terrakion and Garchomp are pokemon that can often carry a Lum Berry, which makes an eventual burn agianst against them useless.

**Intimidate**: Intimidate lowers Entei’s Attack, which makes it loose offensive pressure as it is unable to hit opponents foes as hard as it would like.

**Heatran**: Heatran resists all of Entei’s powerful attacks, and almost always often carries Earth Power, which hits Entei harder for super effective damage. than you would like.

Please do not implement anything yet. Tagging GatoDelFuego for a check. q.q

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ksh13

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Although Entei is not the most used Pokemon (capitalize) in this the VGC metagame, it still is a threat to consider. With Entei has a solid bulk stats of 115 / 85 / 75, Entei has solid bulk, with very few moves being able to OHKO it. Entei's curled apostrophe to straight Fire typing provides it a resistance to fairies Fairy-types, but makes it weak to some of the most common types around, being such as Ground, Rock, (AC) and Water. A very tiny Entei suffers from a very shallow movepool, especially with the loss of Extreme Speed and Flare Blitz in the VGC metagame. generation VI, (comma --> period) is something that Entei really suffers from. That makes it very predictable, while its rival in it’s role, Arcanine, (RC) is lucina you removed the first apostrophe in a pair, which is ok as long as you remove the second. Ksh either remove both or keep both, your choice unpredictable because it has a better movepool. can be run in different ways. This is something that makes many people prefer Arcanine as a kind of supportive Fire type. (The analyses is about Entei.) However, Entei does however have a solid Speed tier, having base 100 Speed.

Bulky Attacker
########

move 3: Snarl / Iron Head (Make sure there's a space before and after the slant.)
evs: 252 Hp, 236 Atk, 20 Spd 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Spe

Moves
========

Sacred Fire is Entei's strongest STAB move, and at the same time has a 50% chance to burn the opposing Pokemon, (Capitalize) which helps neutralize physical attackers. Snarl is a great move to stop special attackers from dealing too much damage by lowering their Special Attack. Stone Edge picks up KOs on Flying- (Add hyphen) and Fire-types, especially such as make sure you get both hyphens! also, keeping 'especially' is ok. Talonflame and Charizard. Iron Head deals super effective damage to Fairy- and Rock-types, and also Rock types like such as (Name a Fairy-type) and Terrakion. Sacred Fire deals almost as much damage as Iron Head on fairies Fairy-types, so Iron Head is really only for Rock-types. (Add hyphen) Protect is a staple in VGC, letting you which allows Entei to avoid taking hits you it don’t want to take. lots of problems with this ending! First, curled apostrophe, and the new version 'hits it don't want to take' is bad. Either 'hits you don't want it to take' or 'hits it doesn't want to take', please!

Set Details
========

252 EVs in HP are is to give Entei bulk to take hits better. 236 EVs are invested in Attack and an Adamant nature is used to hit really hard. spacing The 20 Speed EVs makes Entei peak a Speed stat of 123, which makes it outspeed Adamant Bisharp, whilst while Sacred Fire can secure the OHKO. Leftovers are there to give Entei a form of recovery. (I'm assuming that you meant to put 20 "Spe" in the set then? It made me think 20 Special Defense. Spd = Special Defense.)
(Put a space here)

Usage Tips
========

Entei is very good at jsut staying on the field, (AC) whilst it makes opposing pokemon useless crippling foes by either Snarling special attackers or trying to burn physical attackers wiht with Sacred Fire. With such a good Attack stat it can also just go for hitting the opponent hard with Sacred Fire, (This seems a bit redundant.) dealing as much damage as possible. with that bolded bit removed, the sentence becomes incorrect. Keep that in mind.

Team Options
========

Entei works very well with Fake Out support, as you this can Fake Out flinch the Pokemon (capitalize) that is the biggest threat to Entei. (I would give an example of a great Fake Out Pokemon for Entei.) Meanwhile, Entei can go for either Snarl or Sacred Fire, (RC) trying to neutralize the biggest threat on the other side of the field. Tailwind is also something that helps Entei a lot, as outspeeding opposing Pokemon is always good. A pokemon that synergizeswell with Entei and has access to Tailwind, is Suicune. Entei has great synergy with Suicune, as it has access to Tailwind, allowing Entei to outspeed many threats. Suicune is a threat to all the can also deal with Rock- and Ground-types (Add hyphens) who that threaten Entei, which is a huge advantage. Entei can also fits the role as a part of a bulky form a bulky core with Fire-, Water-, and Grass-types core perfectly. (Maybe give some examples of what specific Pokemon Entei can form a bulky core with.)

Other Options
########

Bulldoze is an option on Entei, being a mean of providing speed control. (When talking about "speed control," everything is lowercased.) However, you Bulldoze also hits Entei's your partner, making it only good with Pokemon (capitalize) immune to Ground-type (add hyphen) moves. Running a Choice Band Entei meant is mostly used for spamming powerful Sacred Fire’s, (Add comma) is also an option, I would change to 'powerful Sacred Fires', no apostrophe but keep s although it is not as good as it is in singles. Substitute is an option for over Protect, as it has a similar use and can at in some situations be better than Protect, such as when X happens and a situationy situation.

Checks & Counters
########

**Water-types (Add hyphen)**: Entei struggles against Water-types, (Add Hyphen) as they resist it’s its most powerful attack, Sacred Fire, and have super effective STAB attacks to hit Entei with. Facing a rain team makes everything worse, (Add comma) than it already is, as Water-type (Add hyphen) attacks gain an additional boost.

**Rock/Ground-types Rock- and Ground-types**: Entei is weak to Rock- and Ground-types, (Add Hyphen and period) especially Landorus-T, Terrakion and Garchomp. All of them can launch Terrakion, Garchomp, and Landorus-T have access to Rock Slide’s and Earthquake’s, moves that Entei really don’t doesn't want to get hit by. In addition, Landorus-T has the Ability Intimidate, and while Terrakion and Garchomp are pokemon that can often carry a Lum Berry, which makes an eventual burn agianst against them useless.

**Intimidate**: Intimidate lowers Entei's Attack, which makes it loose offensive pressure as it is unable to hit opponents foes as hard as it would like.

**Heatran**: Heatran resists all of Entei's powerful attacks, and almost always often carries Earth Power, which hits Entei harder for super effective damage. than you would like. I would say 'hits Entei hard for super effective damage' in the new version.

1/2

Good work here lucina! Not many incorrect changes, and just a few things missed. You can check over those. I'd say this is a 'stamped check', as I'd consider my minor edits enough to call it something I'd put my name on, but considering I'm the one you're submitting it to anyway, I'd like to see you take this and improve more in the future >:)

Last edited:
Think I've implemented all the changes now. This is my first round of GP ever, so from now on I will hopefully remember stuff about hyphens and capital letters.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
add
remove
(comment)
Redew or Winry. pls go over this

Hello I'm princessofmusic

Overview
########
[OVERVIEW]

Although Entei is not the most used Pokemon in the VGC metagame, it still is a threat to consider. With defensive stats of 115 / 85 / 75, Entei has solid bulk, with very few moves being able to OHKO it. Entei's Fire typing provides it a resistance to Fairy-types, but makes it weak to some of the most common types such as Ground, Rock, and Water. Entei suffers from a very shallow movepool, especially with the loss of Extreme Speed and Flare Blitz in the VGC metagame., (Period > Comma) That makes making it very predictable, while its rival, (Move space after the comma) Arcanine, is unpredictable because it has a better movepool. However, Entei does have a solid Speed tier, having base 100 Speed.

Bulky Attacker
########
[SET]
(Remove blank line)

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Sacred Fire is Entei's strongest STAB move, (RC) and has a 50% chance to burn the opposing Pokemon, which helps neutralize physical attackers. Snarl lowers the foe's Special Attack, making it is a great move to stop special attackers from dealing too much damage by lowering their Special Attack. Stone Edge picks up KOs on Flying- and Fire-types, especially Talonflame and Charizard. Iron Head deals super effective damage to Fairy- and Rock-types, such as Sylveon and Terrakion. Sacred Fire deals almost as much damage as Iron Head on Fairy-tpyes Fairy-types and is boosted by STAB, so Iron Head is really only for Rock types Rock-types. Protect is a staple in VGC, which as it allows Entei to avoid taking hits it doesn't want to take.

Set Details
========

252 HP EVs in HP are to give Entei bulk to take hits better. 236 Attack EVs are invested in Attack and an Adamant nature is to are used so that Entei can hit really hard. The 20 Speed EVs make Entei peak a Speed stat of 123, which makes letting it outspeed Adamant Bisharp, while allowing Sacred Fire can to secure the an OHKO. Leftovers are there to give Entei a form of recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Entei is very good at staying on the field, crippling foes by either Snarling special attackers or trying to burn physical attackers with Sacred Fire. With such a good Attack stat it can also go for dealing as much damage as possible. (This sentence is confusing; I would reword it to something like "Entei can easily deal a ton of damage due to it's good base Attack.")

Team Options
========

Entei works very well with Fake Out support users, as this they can flinch the Pokemon that is the biggest threat to Entei's biggest threats. An example of a good Fake Out user is Scrafty. Meanwhile, Entei can go for either Snarl or Sacred Fire to neutralize the biggest threat on the other side of the field. Tailwind is also something that helps Entei a lot, as outspeeding opposing Pokemon is always good. Entei has great synergy with Suicune, as it has access to Tailwind, allowing Entei to outspeed many threats. Suicune can also deal with Rock- and Ground-types that threaten Entei, which is a huge advantage. Entei can also form a bulky core with Fire-, Water-, and Grass-types, together with Pokemon like Suicune, Miltoic, Amoonguss, (AC) and Mega Venusaur. (Add Period)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
########=============

Bulldoze is an option on Entei, providing as it provides speed control. However, Bulldoze also hits Entei's partner, making it only good with Pokemon teammates that are immune to Ground-type moves. Running a Choice Band Entei is mostly used for spamming powerful Sacred Fires, although it is not as good as it is in singles. Substitute is an option over Protect, as it has a similar use and can at be better than Protect in some situations be better than Protect, such as when you getting a free turn to set up Substitute. (This sentence still seems oddly worded IMO.)

Checks & and Counters
########===================

**Water-types**: Entei struggles against Water-types, as they resist its most powerful strongest attack, Sacred Fire, and have super effective STAB attacks to hit Entei with. Facing a rain team makes everything worse, as Water-type attacks gain an additional boost. (I'd mention something about how Fire-type moves are weakened)

**Rock- and Ground-types**: Entei is weak to Rock- (Add Hyphen) and Ground types Ground-types, especially Landorus-T, Terrakion and Garchomp. (Remove Period) Terrakion, Garchomp, and Landorus-T, (AC) as they have access to Rock Slide and Earthquake, moves that Entei really doesn’t doesn't want to get hit by. In addition, Landorus-T has Intimidate, while and Terrakion and Garchomp often carry a Lum Berry, which makes an eventual burn against them useless.

**Intimidate**: Intimidate lowers Entei's Attack, which makes it loose offensive pressure, (AC) as it is unable to hit foes as hard as it would like.

**Heatran**: Heatran resists all of Entei's powerful attacks, (RC) and often carries Earth Power, which hits Entei hard for super effective damage.

this is an amcheck so don't implement this yet

Last edited:

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
my colors add remove comments
Overview
########
[OVERVIEW]

Although Entei is not the most used Pokemon in the VGC metagame, it still is a threat to consider. With defensive stats of 115 / 85 / 75, Entei has solid bulk, with very few moves being able to OHKO it. Entei's Fire typing provides it a resistance to Fairy-types, but makes it weak to some of the most common types such as Ground, Rock, and Water. Entei suffers from a very shallow movepool, especially with the loss of Extreme Speed and Flare Blitz in the VGC metagame., (Period > Comma) That makes making it very predictable, while its rival, (Move space after the comma) Arcanine, is unpredictable because it has a better movepool. However, Entei does have a solid Speed tier, having base 100 Speed.

Bulky Attacker
########
[SET]
(Remove blank line)

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Sacred Fire is Entei's strongest STAB move, (RC) and has a 50% chance to burn the opposing Pokemon, which helps neutralize physical attackers. Snarl lowers the foe's Special Attack, making it is a great move to stop special attackers from dealing too much damage by lowering their Special Attack. Stone Edge picks up KOs on Flying- and Fire-types, especially Talonflame and Charizard. Iron Head deals super effective damage to Fairy- and Rock-types, (RC) such as Sylveon and Terrakion. Sacred Fire deals almost as much damage as Iron Head on Fairy-tpyes Fairy-types and is boosted by STAB, so Iron Head is really only for Rock types Rock-types. (this doesn't make sense to me. Iron Head is still stronger and more accurate, so is this statement really necessary?) Protect is a staple in VGC, which as it allows Entei to avoid taking hits it doesn't want to take.

Set Details
========

252 HP EVs in HP are to give Entei bulk to take hits better. 236 Attack EVs are invested in Attack and an Adamant nature is to are used so that Entei can hit really hard. The 20 Speed EVs make Entei peak a Speed stat of 123, which makes letting it outspeed Adamant Bisharp, while allowing Sacred Fire can to secure the an OHKO. Leftovers are there to give Entei a form of recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Entei is very good at staying on the field, crippling foes by either Snarling special attackers or trying to burn physical attackers with Sacred Fire. With such a good Attack stat it can also go for dealing as much damage as possible. (This sentence is confusing; I would reword it to something like "Entei can easily deal a ton of damage due thanks to its good base Attack.")

Team Options
========

Entei works very well with Fake Out support users, as this they can make Entei's biggest threats flinch the Pokemon that is the biggest threat to Entei. An example of a good Fake Out user is Scrafty. Meanwhile, Entei can go for either Snarl or Sacred Fire to neutralize the biggest threat on the other side of the field. Tailwind is also something that helps Entei a lot, as outspeeding opposing Pokemon is always good. Entei has great synergy with Suicune, as it has access to Tailwind, allowing Entei to outspeed many threats. Suicune can also deal with Rock- and Ground-types that threaten Entei, which is a huge advantage. Entei can also form a bulky core with Fire-, Water-, and Grass-types, together with Pokemon like Suicune, Miltoic, Amoonguss, (AC) and Mega Venusaur. (Add Period)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
########=============

Bulldoze is an option on Entei, providing as it provides speed control. However, Bulldoze also hits Entei's partner, making it only good with Pokemon teammates that are immune to Ground-type moves. Running a Choice Band Entei is mostly used for spamming powerful Sacred Fires, although it is not as good as it is in Singles singles. Substitute is an option over Protect, as it has a similar use and can at be better than Protect in some situations be better than Protect, such as when you getting a free turn to set up Substitute. (This sentence still seems oddly worded IMO.)

Checks & and Counters
########===================

**Water-types**: Entei struggles against Water-types, as they resist its most powerful strongest (not necessary) attack, Sacred Fire, and have super effective STAB attacks to hit Entei with. Facing a rain team makes everything worse, as Water-type attacks gain an additional boost. (I'd mention something about how Fire-type moves are weakened)

**Rock- and Ground-types**: Entei is weak to Rock- (Add Hyphen) and Ground types Ground-types, especially Landorus-T, Terrakion, (AC) and Garchomp. (Remove Period) Terrakion, Garchomp, and Landorus-T, (AC) as they have access to Rock Slide and Earthquake, moves that Entei really doesn’t doesn't (curly -> straight apostrophes) want to get hit by. In addition, Landorus-T has Intimidate, while and Terrakion and Garchomp often carry a Lum Berry, which makes an eventual burn against them useless.

**Intimidate**: Intimidate lowers Entei's Attack, which makes it loose offensive pressure, (AC) as it is unable to hit foes as hard as it would like.

**Heatran**: Heatran resists all of Entei's powerful attacks, (RC) and often carries Earth Power, which hits Entei hard for super effective damage.
GP 2/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)