VGC VGC 2015 team, BEFORE/AFTER

Hi everyone, I'm new in Smogon and I made a team that I almost totally changed. Here are the two teams:

OLD TEAM:
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Dark Void
- King's Shield
- Tailwind
- Transform

I chose Smeargle because it makes a pretty good work with Mega-Kangashkan. Nature and EV spread are chosen for max speed before Transforming into Kanga and max HP for having as many HP as possible when transformed into Kanga. King Shield can punish a physical sweeper ans Tailwind to help the rest of team for sweeping. Focus Sash is evidently used for surviving despite of its mediocre bulk, so be careful to residual damage.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

I love Mega-Kangashkan, it's the main Pokémon of my team. Nature and EV spread for max power and max speed. Fake out for a free turn, Power-Up Punch is used for boosting to +2, Return for STAB. It is over Double-Edge for staying power, Return is powerful enough after +2, STAB and Parental Bond, with hits despite of Substitute, Sturdy and Focus Sash. Sucker Punch is my only way to hit Ghosts. The rest of my team is also based around this core, it is made to finish the battle as fast as possible.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast (Flamethrower?, Earth Power?, Flash Cannon?)
- Protect

I chose Hydregion because of its good movepool, its quite good speed and for ability to make many OHKOes for my team. Nature and EV spread for max power and max speed. Life Orb is used to maximise power. Protect is evident in VGC, Dark Pulse for STAB and to beat Psychics, which are a big problem for its partner Crobat. Draco Meteor 2HKOes most of Pokémon that don't resist it. Finally, I hesitated between Fire Blast for power, Flamethrower for accuracy (these fire attacks counter most of Steels), Earth Power for Heatran and Flash Cannon to beat Fairies, because they are big counters of Hydregion.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- Protect
- Roost

I've taken the original option of using Crobat to support Hydregion, because it is a counter for most Fairies and it is a good physical Pokémon to beat Gass 'mons too. Jolly nature can speed tie neutral nature Blazikien after +2 speed. Black Sludge for recovery. Cross Poison and Brave Bird are excellent STABs and EV spread for max attack and speed.

Aegislash @ Leftovers (Weakness Policy?)
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield

I prefer physical Aegislash, because it makes more powerful Shadow Sneaks boosted by SD. Shadow Sneak and Sacred Sword for perfect neutral coverage. EV and nature for max power and staying power. Leftovers is used for more bulk, but maybe that Weakness Policy would punish Pokémon that try to beat it with its weaknesses. So, any suggestions for the item?

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 252 HP / 44 Def / 208 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

I adore Rotom-W, because of it has only one weakness, a decent bulk, despite of its 50 BS in HP. Will-O-Wisp helps my team to counter big physical sweepers. I changed Rotom's EV spread for not being OHKO by M-Mawile (3HKO if Mawile's burned), which is a big threat against my team. Also, this spread guarantees 2HKO most versions of Suicune and guarantees OKHO Talonflame with Thunderbolt (in return, Talonflame has 53p100 of chance to 3HKO Rotom-W) Sitrus Berry for recovery.
NEW TEAM:

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD (More in SpAtk?)
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

I chose Amoonguss for my team because it helps for my sweepers' set up thanks to Rage Powder and Spore. 0 IV speed and negative speed nature to counter Trick Room teams and speed control. EV spread and nature for max physical bulk. Giga Drain is used for recovery and counter Gastrodon, the worst Rotom-W counter. However, I don't know if I should put EV's to OHKO 252 HP / 4 SpD Gastrodon. With a Relaxed nature, it needs 212 EV to OHKO the 252 HP / 4 SpD Gastrodon version, 116 EV with a Quiet nature. I'd also like to receive suggestions for EV spreads. Finally, I chose Rocky Helmet for item to counter M-Kangashkan because of its Parental Bond ability.

Sylveon @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 240 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Sylveon is a good Pokémonthanks to its good mono Fairy typing and its combination of Hyper Voice + Pixilate. Life Orb gives a nice boost of power without being blocked into one attack. EV spread has been chosen for being bulkier physically, Sylveon does not need 252 Sp.Atk. Finally, it outspeeds 8 EV spe Sylveon. For attacks Fairy, Psychic and Ghost make a quite good coverage. Hyper Voice for STAB, Psyshock against Poisons switching-in. Finally, Shadow Ball for 2HKOing Mega-Metagross. Protect is used, but a moveset with Calm Mind may be feasible.

Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Exactly same Kanga as in the first team it may be helped mt Amoonguss, Sylveon and Staraptor, thanks to Intimidate.

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Final Gambit
- U-turn

Yep. Final Gambit. This Staraptor is a suicide Pokémon that outspeeds Adamant Choice Scarf Lando-T with its EV spread. It is the only advantage over Talonflame, with Intimidation, to help M-Kanga and Sylveon against M-Mawile. The 252 HP is certainly used to make a maximum damage with Final Gambit, to OHKO the biggest part of the metagme. The rest is put on Attack to have some offensive presence. Brave Bird for STAB, Close Combat against Steels and U-turn for Psychics and switch.

EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 208 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Exactly the same Rotom as in the first team, it is a good partner for Garchomp, especially because of Will-O-Wisp.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Garchomp has seduced me, because it resists to Rock Slide, compared to Salamence. Its attack is also slightly better and it has access to Rough Skin, which punishes M-Kanga. Jolly Nature for more speed and max investment in Attack needed. It holds a Lum Berry for not being affected by Spore Amoonguss/Breloom, Dark Void Smeargle, Will-O-Wisp Ghosts/Rotom/Arcanine... Dragon Claw is a powerful STAB, Earthquake makes much damage and its partner, Rotom-W, is immuned (Sylveon can also Protect on Earthquakes). Finally, Rock Slide also both foes, it has about half chance to OHKO Talonflame and M-Charizard Y when it has -1 in Attack.

Thanks for reading this thread! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello Slurpuffite , and welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Edit: Reopened!

Last edited:

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, sweet looking teams man! I'm not sure which team you want rated so I'm just going to rate the new one haha. If you want a rate for the old one as well, just tag me and I'll get right to it! So lets get straight to the team. For starters, I suggest changing Amoonguss's EV spread to 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD with a Relaxed Nature and 0 Spe IVs. This spread allows Amoonguss to survive a lot more things than max/max, such as Jolly Mega Metagross's Zen Headbutt and, more importantly, gives it a chance to live Mega Gardevoir's Psychic. Max/max Amoonguss was more of a thing during beginning of ORAS when physical Salamence was a lot more popular but now that the meta as developed a lot more, max/max isn't as beneficial anymore. Also there isn't a need to invest any Special Attack into Amoonguss, considering its job is to support instead of Attack. Also Amoonguss beats Gastrodon 1v1, considering Ice Beam doesn't OHKO and Amoonguss can put it to sleep and 2HKO it with Giga Drain.

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Amoonguss: 186-218 (84.1 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 44 SpD Amoonguss: 210-248 (95 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
it's still a pretty high chance to OHKO, but its a LOT better than only having 6.2% to live (which is what the original spread did)

Your Sylveon spread isn't bad; however, Cybertron's spread of 92 HP / 116 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe with a Modest Nature is much more efficient. Not only does it have higher Special Attack and Speed, but it can also live Mega Kangaskhan's Return like the spread that you have.

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 92 HP / 116 Def Sylveon: 153-182 (84 - 100%) -- 0.4% chance to OHKO

Early Bird Kangaskhan also isn't the best. With Kangaskhan, you're most likely going to Mega Evolve as soon as possible, so the chance of Early Bird actually coming in handy will be SUPER low. I suggest replacing that with Scrappy because that is definitely Kangaskhan's best ability, as it lets Kangaskhan use Fake Out on Ghost-types.

The Smogon dex spread for Rotom-W honestly isn't that great, considering its a very standard spread and Rotom-W has much more potential than that. So I suggest changing your spread to shrop05's spread of 252 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpA / 36 SpD / 20 Spe with a Calm Nature which has been working really well for me lately. The spread allows it to survive Timid Charizard Y's Solar Beam, creep opposing Rotom-W, and OHKO 4 HP Talonflame with Thunderbolt.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 44+ SpD Rotom-W: 132-156 (84 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Rotom-W: 139-164 (88.5 - 104.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 44+ SpD Rotom-W: 133-157 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

76 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 156-186 (101.2 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Charizard Y is a huge threat to your team currently, as your only reliable way of killing it, Garchomp's Rock Slide, is shaky considering that Charizard is usually paired with an Intimidate user and that most Charizards are EVed to survive Garchomp's Rock Slide. Because of that, I suggest switching Rock Slide to Stone Edge. Stone Edge is essentially a more reliable way of checking Charizard, as it always OHKO regardless of Charizard's investment.

I really don't want to do this because I love that you're using more underrated Pokemon, such as Staraptor; however, it is the best for your team to switch from Staraptor to Aegislash. The thing with Staraptor is that it doesn't offer anything for your team whatsoever, other than Intimidate support. It makes your team more Ice weak and doesn't help with the Mega Metagross and Gardevoir problems. Aegislash, on the other hand, patches up those weaknesses while also allowing you to beat Cresselia and opposing Aegislash. Considering your inability to reliably OHKO Aegislash (Garchomp doesn't OHKO and risks setting off its Weakness Policy), I suggest using a speedy Life Orb set with a spread of 156 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 92 Spe and a Modest Nature. Max Special Attack with a Modest Nature gives it as much damage output as possible while the Speed EVs lets it outrun most Aegislash.

252+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 151-182 (90.4 - 108.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Otherwise, your team looks really great man! Watch out for Charizard Y and Sun in general and you're golden! Once again, if you want me to rate your old team, feel free to tag me and I'll get right to it! Again, sweet team; hope I helped and good luck with the team man!!! :]
-DaAwesomeDude1

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Sylveon @ Life Orb
EVs: 92 HP / 116 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpA / 36 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Aegislash @ Life Orb
EVs: 156 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard / Substitute / Shadow Sneak (if using Sneak, change Aegislash's Nature to Rash and put the 4 SpD into Attack)
- Protect

Hey there, sweet looking teams man! I'm not sure which team you want rated so I'm just going to rate the new one haha. If you want a rate for the old one as well, just tag me and I'll get right to it! So lets get straight to the team. For starters, I suggest changing Amoonguss's EV spread to 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD with a Relaxed Nature and 0 Spe IVs. This spread allows Amoonguss to survive a lot more things than max/max, such as Jolly Mega Metagross's Zen Headbutt and, more importantly, gives it a chance to live Mega Gardevoir's Psychic. Max/max Amoonguss was more of a thing during beginning of ORAS when physical Salamence was a lot more popular but now that the meta as developed a lot more, max/max isn't as beneficial anymore. Also there isn't a need to invest any Special Attack into Amoonguss, considering its job is to support instead of Attack. Also Amoonguss beats Gastrodon 1v1, considering Ice Beam doesn't OHKO and Amoonguss can put it to sleep and 2HKO it with Giga Drain.

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Amoonguss: 186-218 (84.1 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 44 SpD Amoonguss: 210-248 (95 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
it's still a pretty high chance to OHKO, but its a LOT better than only having 6.2% to live (which is what the original spread did)

Your Sylveon spread isn't bad; however, Cybertron's spread of 92 HP / 116 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe with a Modest Nature is much more efficient. Not only does it have higher Special Attack and Speed, but it can also live Mega Kangaskhan's Return like the spread that you have.

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 92 HP / 116 Def Sylveon: 153-182 (84 - 100%) -- 0.4% chance to OHKO

Early Bird Kangaskhan also isn't the best. With Kangaskhan, you're most likely going to Mega Evolve as soon as possible, so the chance of Early Bird actually coming in handy will be SUPER low. I suggest replacing that with Scrappy because that is definitely Kangaskhan's best ability, as it lets Kangaskhan use Fake Out on Ghost-types.

The Smogon dex spread for Rotom-W honestly isn't that great, considering its a very standard spread and Rotom-W has much more potential than that. So I suggest changing your spread to shrop05's spread of 252 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpA / 36 SpD / 20 Spe with a Calm Nature which has been working really well for me lately. The spread allows it to survive Timid Charizard Y's Solar Beam, creep opposing Rotom-W, and OHKO 4 HP Talonflame with Thunderbolt.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 44+ SpD Rotom-W: 132-156 (84 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Rotom-W: 139-164 (88.5 - 104.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 44+ SpD Rotom-W: 133-157 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

76 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 156-186 (101.2 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Charizard Y is a huge threat to your team currently, as your only reliable way of killing it, Garchomp's Rock Slide, is shaky considering that Charizard is usually paired with an Intimidate user and that most Charizards are EVed to survive Garchomp's Rock Slide. Because of that, I suggest switching Rock Slide to Stone Edge. Stone Edge is essentially a more reliable way of checking Charizard, as it always OHKO regardless of Charizard's investment.

I really don't want to do this because I love that you're using more underrated Pokemon, such as Staraptor; however, it is the best for your team to switch from Staraptor to Aegislash. The thing with Staraptor is that it doesn't offer anything for your team whatsoever, other than Intimidate support. It makes your team more Ice weak and doesn't help with the Mega Metagross and Gardevoir problems. Aegislash, on the other hand, patches up those weaknesses while also allowing you to beat Cresselia and opposing Aegislash. Considering your inability to reliably OHKO Aegislash (Garchomp doesn't OHKO and risks setting off its Weakness Policy), I suggest using a speedy Life Orb set with a spread of 156 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 92 Spe and a Modest Nature. Max Special Attack with a Modest Nature gives it as much damage output as possible while the Speed EVs lets it outrun most Aegislash.

252+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 151-182 (90.4 - 108.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Otherwise, your team looks really great man! Watch out for Charizard Y and Sun in general and you're golden! Once again, if you want me to rate your old team, feel free to tag me and I'll get right to it! Again, sweet team; hope I helped and good luck with the team man!!! :]
-DaAwesomeDude1

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Sylveon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Calm Nature

- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard / Substitute / Shadow Sneak (if using Sneak, change Aegislash's Nature to Rash and put the 4 SpD into Attack)
- Protect
Thank you very much for this rating! Yeah, I'd also like you to rate the old team, because my new team is from the old one, I wanted an opinion of how you would change it. For Kangashkan, I got used to ALWAYS mega-evolve it, so the ability does not really change for me, but it's a good idea. I'll surely use Pixie Plate for Sylveon, becauce Aegislash has already a Life Orb. For Aegislash, I'll try this set, because I didn't get used to this moveset, I always used it such as a Sword Dancer, the beginning of 6G moveset, becauce of its excellent neutral coverage. Also, King's Shield over Protect??!?!?! HAHAHA ;) Staraptor was an audacious moveset, Final Gambit is effective but really, really risky.

Nothing to say for Rotom-W, it makes the same job for more defense... Finally, for Amoonguss, I'm OK, with SpD investment, it totally walls Gastrodon. For Garchomp, I used Rock Slide to hit both oppements, but it's not quite useful, specially if combinated with M-Mawile of Landorus-T. Plus, it guarantees a OHKO from Charizard-Y and Talonflame.

I'll consider your modifications. However, I began school today, I could not breed these teams before a long weekend or in Christmas vacations.

FINAL NEW TEAM:

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate (Item Clause)
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard (Specially for Earthquakes and Heat Wave)
- King's Shield (Not Protect, haha)

Last edited:

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Oh haha my bad, did this while kinda tired so I forgot about a few things lol. I'll get straight to the old team too, I'll edit it into this post :)

Slurpuffite

Alright lets get straight to the other team! Pokemon wise, I think it looks fine; however, there are some moveset changes that I suggest. For starters, Tailwind on Smeargle honestly isn't needed (spoilers: I'm going to add Tailwind on one of your other Pokemon later on in the rate). Smeargle isn't the best Tailwind setter due to its low bulk and mediocre Defenses, which essentially makes Tailwind a filler move. Because of that, I suggest you use Follow Me instead, as it has much more utility than Tailwind. It can redirect a hit from Mega Kangaskhan and thus allow it to set up Power-Up Punch a lot easier, especially if Smeargle is brought down to its Focus Sash because then you can actually make use of it before it dies. Personally, I prefer Spiky Shield on Smeargle, as it can potentially allow it to break Focus Sash and it blocks Taunt, unlike King's Shield; but this is more of a personal thing so if King's Shield has been working for you, then there isn't a need to change it.

As I mentioned in the above rate, Early Bird on Kangaskhan isn't that great because you're bound to Mega Evolve as soon as possible, so the chances of Early Bird actually coming in handy is pretty low, so I suggest you switch it to Scrappy because that lets Mega Kangaskhan hit Ghost-types with Fake Out, most notably Gengar so you can break its Focus Sash.

Hydreigon definitely prefers using a Modest Nature instead of Timid. Timid Hydreigon doesn't outrun anything relevant, except I guess opposing Modest Hydreigon and Jolly non-Scarf Landorus-T, but other than that there really isn't a need to use Timid, as that tends to miss out on quite a lot of potential KOs. I'd definitely stick with Fire Blast to give your team a reliable way of hitting Ferrothorn for super effective damage.

252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 125-148 (81.6 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 244 HP / 68 SpD Thundurus: 153-183 (82.7 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 142-168 (78.4 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

vs Modest

252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 136-161 (88.8 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 244 HP / 68 SpD Thundurus: 169-200 (91.3 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 153-183 (84.5 - 101.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Crobat is a super legit Pokemon; however, offensively it is heavily outclassed by Talonflame and even by Staraptor. The one big thing that Crobat has over the other two is that its got an AMAZING support movepool. So I suggest switching your Crobat's moveset to Brave Bird | Tailwind | Super Fang | Taunt. Cross Poison isn't needed because you already have Aegislash, which is essentially a Fairy-type counter. Crobat is a much more reliable setter than Smeargle because its Speed is A LOT higher, which boosts its chances of setting it up, Super Fang allows Crobat to wear down bulkier Pokemon, such as Suicune and Rotom-W, which opens up chances for Mega Kangaskhan to sweep or set up, and Taunt allows Crobat to delay Trick Room from being set up, which currently is somewhat of a threat to your team.

Physical Aegislash is honestly more of a beginning XY kind of thing. With Intimidate and Burns essentially being on every single team, physical Aegislash has fallen really out of favor. When Intimidated, it needs to use Swords Dance in order to continue pressuring your opponent. Even with a Swords Dance up, Aegislash is pretty slow so it won't be able to pressure your opponent at all, and relying on a base 40 power move to do damage isn't the best either. Because of that I suggest you switch Aegislash's moveset to Shadow Ball | Flash Cannon | King's Shield (didn't forget this time haha) | Wide Guard with a spread of 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD and a Quiet Nature with 0 Spe IVs and Weakness Policy as the item. Standard Wide Guard Aegislash will benefit your team a lot more, as that can protect Hydreigon from Pixalate Hyper Voices and other powerful spread moves. The above spread allows Aegislash to tank a Dark Pulse from Choice Specs Hydreigon and hit it hard back with a Flash Cannon. 0 Spe IVs and a Quiet Nature is used because Aegislash wants to take a hit in Shield Forme and then hit the opponent back hard, rather outspeed and risk not OHKOing the opponent, thus leaving Aegislash open to being OHKOed because it'll be in Blade Forme.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 138-164 (82.6 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 100+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 165-195 (98.2 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

As for Rotom-W, I suggest you switch it to the spread I mentioned in the above rate; shrop05's spread of 252 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpA / 36 SpD / 20 Spe with a Calm Nature. Again, smogdex's spread for Rotom-W isn't the most efficient; Rotom-W has a lot more potential in terms of bulkiness.

Once again man, sweet team! I would definitely watch out for Terrakion and Virizion, though Aegislash makes short work of them. The Sun and Rain matchup can be a little tricky too, so I suggest trying to get up Tailwind as soon as possible against those playstyles. Hope I helped man and good luck with the team!!! :]
-DaAwesomeDude1

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Dark Void
- King's Shield
- Follow Me
- Transform

Jolly Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Super Fang
- Taunt

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD
Quiet Nature

- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Calm Nature

- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Last edited:
OKIDOKI, this analysis is really intresting, I totally agree. For M-Kanga, Scrappy can flinch a Ghost, but its ability Parental Bond is already able to break Focus Sashes. I think I'll also post my Monotype Normal team (OU) pretty soon! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)