VGC 2015 Viability Rankings - Mark 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to have to disagree with both.My reasoning is this.
Sylveon.Sylveon isnt a fantastic pokemon in this metagame but it is a great one.It certainly covers some of his weaknesses with Hidden Power ground + HV + psyshock but they really dont do that much damage.Due to the rise in popularity of Gardevoir,a better fairy IMO and char y sylveon is quite useless.Heatran walls the specs set unless its locked into to HP ground.Also Kang destroys Sylveon.And Aegis is the Nr.1 Counter to Sylveon with HP ground or no HP ground.

As for Mawile.Allthough it is my favourite mega it doesn t have a great place in this metagame due to the fact that heatran + zard y exist and its very hard to deal with them even with right support.Also landorus t destroys it.I nominated mawile for A- a while back but i dont think the metagame has changed enough and i think that the one who opposed me was right about why it shouldnt be.
OK,so i kind of have to agree with you.I have seen gardevoir-mega being used more on battle spot these days,but nothing beats the kang+sylveon opening.I think sylveon is a weaker version of gardevoir mega in a way,but at least sylveon doesn't waste the mega slot.But,landorus-T and mawlie is a reasonable opening,and mawlie with protect deals with heatran and zard-y,as mawlie doesn't have to worry about a EQ hitting it.

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Char-Y has steadily been going down, with Heatran going up (usually duking it out for #3 of the top twelve with Thundurus), Salamence has gone up a bit, and Gardevoir has overtaken Charizard on the top 12 too. Going by PGL stats that is.
Azumarill... I should try, actually. I run Venusaur almost all the time so it's hard to gauge what it's like to... not have a sun boosted Venusaur in front of it. lol. But yes, I see no reason to bump it up to A at least.

imo yes, Salamence is the second best Mega right now. As much as I cringe to say it, Gardevoir may be #3 atm.
Bulky waters, well, all bar Rotom-W do much less to Azumarill than Azumarill does to them.

Cress... CM + Expert Belt sets are fucking annoying and it's not like Cresselia doesn't get free turns by virtue of just being ignored in favor of murdering its partner. It's annoying but not too hard to manuver around, A is fine. Great supporter, pretty much best Speed controller in the game, only thing it lacks is Tailwind. Just needs Thundy repellent.

Two things: Bisharp, and Hariyama.
1) Does anyone remember the last Bisharp they saw, nevermind the last one that was actually threatening? And it's still A-? B+, B imo. It doesn't suck, but much like Swampert it needs support and is absolute dead weight in a fair few circumstances thanks to its Speed and the dependancy on Sucker Punch.
2) Hariyama is not on par with Virizion, Volcarona, Swampert, Mega Metagross, and Garchomp. It cannot function outside TR. Amazingly strong CC is cool, and movepool is nice, but the meta really hates on it right now. Do drop it. Much like Machamp, it has pretty much one niche, but Scrafty puts a lot of fog over Hariyama. B-, maybe C+ if you're feeling harsh. PLus, let's think of every common redirector: Clefairy, Clefable, Amoonguss, Togekiss, and Volcarona make Hariyama nearly useless.

tl;dr: Azumarill up, Bisharp and Hariyama down. Cress I don't really care either way, as long it stays above B+.
I still see Bisharp popping around every now and then but I think a drop to B+ would be good. The main problem with Bisharp is how frail it is and it's speed tier. Because of Bisharp's speed tier he can't even check Gardevoir reliably as seen here:
252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Bisharp: 129-153 (92.1 - 109.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
Well that isn't a guarenteed chance but because of the speed again a partner could easily finish Bisharp off

I still see Bisharp popping around every now and then but I think a drop to B+ would be good. The main problem with Bisharp is how frail it is and it's speed tier. Because of Bisharp's speed tier he can't even check Gardevoir reliably as seen here:
252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Bisharp: 129-153 (92.1 - 109.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
Well that isn't a guarenteed chance but because of the speed again a partner could easily finish Bisharp off
Or it could kill itself because of LO. Or it could also just die to Rocky Helmet damage from Amoonguss, etc, etc.

one of the most common benchmarks offensively for m-garde is enough sp. atk to kill bisharp after rocky helmet damage from amoonguss, almost all garde run at least 20 speed to outrun bisharp after mega evolving, some even run enough to hit it outright

i think the thing that threatens garde the most from bisharp is life orb sucker punches because of how physically frail garde is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)