VGC 2015 World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Venue: Hynes Convention Center
Dates: August 21-23

While the World Championship is invite only (and invites are already handed out), it's still free to come and watch the festivities. Last year there was an absolutely massive turnout, and it was really great getting to meet a huge variety of Smogoners.

I'm planning on being there the 20th - 24th, so if people want to meetup, let me know! Also, for the people who are of legal drinking age: Smogon Pub Crawl?? There's a ton of good bars and restaurants around Boston.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'll be there with tennisace, one of his irl friends, and (makeup)! Will probably be there the same days as tennis as well. can't do the pub crawl though

You lucky American people. I'll be watching the event from my sofa, but this is an amazing idea!
I'll be sending my cheers from Chile.

with a tourney stacked with the world's best (from other countries too) and 'only' regs CP on the line, even if you won idk if it's worth it to go out of your way for it. if you're already going to worlds for the parties and stuff you might as well attend though.

then again, if i wanted to get a head start on everyone else and it's going on while worlds people are playing...

Anyone going? It's in a little over 2 weeks IIRC. I'm not participating but I will be joining in the festivities and rooting for non-Smogon players.

I will probably attend all 3 days if possible so if you want to meet me (a moderator® of Smogon) or are just going and want nothing to do with me reply here.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Damn I want to go so badly (I love about 45 minutes away in the sea coast of NH) but I don't think I would be able to get my person there.

If only it were like 3 months in the future and I could drive myself

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I live like half an hour out from the city but unfortunately I leave for college on the 22nd so probs won't attend.

Never gonna meet faint irl, RIP.

I plan on going considering I get back from my vacation on time which is practically near the VGC Worlds 2015 date. Also, I live in East Mass + a way to get there. This is an opportunity I really don't wanna miss.

Just a thought,
Damn I want to go so badly (I love about 45 minutes away in the sea coast of NH) but I don't think I would be able to get my person there.

If only it were like 3 months in the future and I could drive myself
iirc there's a ton of buses in NH like Greyhound (a.k.a. the free wi-fi carriage), ConcordCoachLines, and Boston Express Bus that can take you to Boston and back. I don't remember the cost of the tickets but it wasn't expensive per person, maybe $40?

Here are the people I know for sure are going:

blarajan
idiotfrommars
Elevator Music
@HOWEVER YOU TAG V
Stathakis
Nails

and our very own sogeking is participating at worlds, repping smogon for the title

i believe something we can do, for people like ununhexium, is try and get a carpool thing going? i live around DC and am planning to take the train, but i wouldn't mind carpooling down with someone from that area if they were inclined, or taking the train with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)