1. Heat Proof Bronzong
2. Dual speed control Cresselia
3. Gengar-Mega
4. Ferrothorn
5. Mawile-Mega
6. Bulky Thundurus

Groudon:
1. TR Groudon (to go with bronzong)
2. Jolly Groudon (to go with cresselia and everything else)
3. Full Special

Yveltal:
1. LO Jolly with Knock Off
2. LO Jolly with Snarl

Last edited:
3rd slot:
Dual speed control Cress
Bulky Thundurus
Mega Mawile
Ferrothorn
Heatproof Bronzong
Mega Gengar

Groudon:
Jolly
Full Special
TR

Yveltal:
LO Jolly with Knock Off
LO Jolly with Snarl

Bronzong and Cresselia are tied at 46 points.
I will act as the tie-break here, as I haven't voted yet, and I will vote for Cresselia.

Jolly Groudon
wins with 24 points.

Knock Off Yveltal wins with 17 points.

Round 4 Nomination is now open! I will update the start post to reflect the results sometimes tonight.

For this nomination round I'll nominate Mega Kangaskhan since we're still in need of a Mega.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 172 Atk / 76 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out
So right now looking at Yveltal/Groudon/Cresselia the team can struggle against Primal Kyogre match ups, especially when the enemy team has a Skill Swap option. Mega Kangaskhan is able to hit Primal Kyogre with respectable damage especially if it successfully gets off a Power-Up Punch beforehand. It also helps a lot in dealing with Smeargle and its variants with its ability to flinch it before it can move, breaking its sash and allowing a way to knock out a Scarfed Smeargle with the other Pokemon and just being able to completely ignore a Focus Sash. It's a pretty good thing to lead against Big 6 teams for its Fake Out pressure; Yveltal teams need extra support against Big 6 teams than a lot of other cores I feel due to Yveltal obviously being weak to Xerneas. The EVs I put here survive a Jolly max Attack Kangaskhan's Low Kick 98% of the time with max Speed investment to contest going first against other Mega Kangaskhan along with outspeeding a max Speed Xerneas (unboosted) by 1. The remainder of the EVs were put into Attack for damage.

In my opinion the prinal matchup is covered pretty well as yveltal can ko any potential skilldwap mon and already scares them out in team preview. Kangaskhan is an ok pick for sure but it doesnt improve any matchup significantly. The team still struggles with xerneas so i nominate

Gengar@ Gengarnit
Ability: levitate
EVs: 20 HP / 92 Def / 172 SpAtk / 4 Spded / 220 Speed
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-o-wisp
- icywind / taunt / shadowball
- Protect

The evs are pretty standart. Takes a lo bravebird from talobflame and psychic from modes cresselia. I think wolfey used this evs too(or at least sth really similar to it) aditionay a really bulky set to take non lo dragonaccebt might work too. The only problem gengar doest solve is weaviles good mu agaibst the tean but burning it is still nice and we could fit this problrm with the other slots. Also xerb is a lot more common than weavile so definatly gengar > kang imo

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
@ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

At this point the team is still a bit weak to RayOgre and doesn't have many solid checks to Groudon (especially variants with Eruption). Salamence helps with that and more, providing Intimidate support and its great speed, allowing it to clean up in the late game if necessary.

I'm running Hasty over Naive to take Kyogre's Water-type attacks better and to live certain hits if my opponent EV'd their Pokemon to only be able to KO Naive Salamence (eg HP Ice from random tech mons). Otherwise, the set is completely standard.

Last edited:
Alright, so now that it's Cresselia/Yveltal/Groudon/Mega Gengar I see a weakness forming to opposing Yveltal. There are probably a few ways to deal with this but I'll suggest one I think is a little bit fun.

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Helping Hand/Nuzzle/Swagger
- Feint/Nuzzle
- Fake Out
EVs are just a lot of damage for Volt Tackle and to go fast. I tabbed a few options on the 2nd slot because various things can work there. Foul Play from Yveltal + Swagger = $$$$. One of my friends uses it a lot at PCs (so annoying). Helping Hand is kind of a suprise move; Cresselia also gets it and usually uses it though it could be dropped on Cresselia in favor of some other move. Nuzzle gives Speed Control and can't be Taunted. Predicting Feint is annoying. Fake Out pressure is always fantastic. I guess you could run an Endeavor variant like Wolfe/Baris/Markus/Brendan did on their Worlds team though I'm not too sure how many people have access to that. Keep in mind that Raichu adds another weakness to Primal Groudon, so think carefully about this option.

I would like to nominate Weavile.
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Feint/Swagger

Weavile provides the team with valuable fake out support, creating opportunities for our restricteds to dish out damage, for Cresselia to use speed control, etc. Weavile is particularly good at this due to its base 125 speed, which allows it to outspeed almost any opposing fake out or quick guard user (notably adamant Talonflame). Icicle Crash does huge damage to ice-weak targets like Thundurus, Crobat, and opposing Yveltal, plus it comes with a 30% flinch chance. Knock off is a strong STAB move which also gets powered up by Yveltal's Dark Aura, and removing items can be quite useful. The 4th slot is extremely flexible, the options I listed are just the two that I think would work best here. Correctly predicting with Feint can drastically swing the game into your favor, and forces your opponent to think twice about making defensive plays. As Bright Size mentioned Swagger combos nicely with Yveltal Foul Play, and of course Swagger is always God. The other main options for a 4th move are Taunt, Low Kick, and Protect.

A few calcs:
252 Atk Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 36 Def Thundurus: 174-206 (94 - 111.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 144-170 (71.2 - 84.1%)
252 Atk Dark Aura Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 36 HP / 204 Def Raichu: 126-148 (90 - 105.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
Swagger Support -
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Foul Play vs. 204 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 188-224 (93.5 - 111.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Everyone nominate a different Fake Out user go go go

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Fake Tears / Taunt

Liepard fits on the team nicely, providing Fake Out support and creating a nifty core alongside Mega Gengar. The two complement each other very well, since Liepard can weaken opponents with Fake Tears for Gengar, and Gengar's Shadow Tag forces opponents to stay in if they get Encored. It can also dish out good damage with Foul Play, especially when it's boosted by Yveltal's Dark Aura.

The set is entirely standard. Max Speed and a Timid nature allows Liepard to use its Fake Out before Mega Kangaskhan's, and the rest of the EVs are dumped into bulk. Focus Sash is necessary to give it any longevity since it's so frail. In the fourth slot I have Taunt slashed next to Fake Tears since we don't have any reliable checks to Scarf Smeargle, and Fake Tears only really works alongside Gengar. If we add a check to Scarf Smeargle next week, though, Fake Tears should stay.

On an unrelated note, I think it'd be a really good idea at the end of slot 6 voting if we'd have another week to review the team and make changes to optimize it, such as tweaking sets, EVs, Pokemon, etc. Otherwise we could end up with less of a team and more of a jumble of cool Pokemon thrown together in no particular order.

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 140 Atk / 44 Def / 76 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Feint
- Wide Guard

There's no Intimidate on this team, no Wide Guarders yet, and only one Dark resistance, being Yveltal, and Yveltal can't do a whole lot against opposing Dark types. Also free OHKO on Kang, Fake Out, and Feint. I chose Sitrus over Eject Button because Eject Button isn't necessarily reliable, especially since Wolfe won Worlds with it. The spread's just Wolfe's spread with an even HP stat because Sitrus.

Extended nominations for this one until Wednesday night, had a tight schedule past few days. We're gonna (hopefully) end the teambuilding process on the 23rd, at which point I will showcase the team the community came up with on twitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)