1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

VGC Apprentice Program - Round One

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Solace, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spino55

spino55

Ok. Should I transfer my Showdown team i plan on using to Online before tutoring begins?
  2. Darth Mollux

Darth Mollux

Username: Darth Mollux
    Pokemon Online username: BabyJessica
    Timezone/hours of availability: EST 12pm - 10pm any day; have to work around
    cross country practice which fluctuates until school starts Sept 5th
    Division: Masters
    Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a smogon stalker for three years now, researching furiously to develop teams I never got around to making due to rng frustration. I just joined PO and now smogon, and have been refining a very unorthodox vgc team (has been having fairly consistent wins) that I would like some help and advice on. I suppose I could post a RMT but I plan to compete so I don't want someone stealing my team! In general I would like to learn more about doubles, so that if I can get my team together I might have success in VGC.

Also, I apologize if this is a dumb question, and for the oh-crap-double-post there, but I'm assuming we will be notified by our eventual tutor via PM and not in this thread? Is that correct?
  3. lapras6666

lapras6666

Username: lapras6666
    Pokemon Online username: lapras6666
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 pretty much at any time cause it's summer (except really really late night hours)
    Division: (Masters: born 1997 or earlier or Seniors: born 1998 or later): Masters (if I was born 11 days later I would be a senior lol)
    Tell us a little about yourself: Spanish teenager who loves pokemon and has played competitively for a year and a half now. I've always played smogon tiers, so this will be my introduction to VGC. I like playing football (soccer), tennis, hanging out with friends, and videogames.
  4. TrollFreak

TrollFreak (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Username: TrollFreak
    Pokemon Online username: TrollFreak
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 6 PM - 8 PM
    Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a senior in high school and I love Pokemon!

Also, TalkingLion is a tutor now, I call bs on everylevel
  5. BlazeCrimson

BlazeCrimson

Pick Me! Pick Me!

Username: BlazeCrimson
    Pokemon Online Username: BlazeCrimson
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: ([GMT -5] Eastern Standard Time US) Available Monday-Friday 7AM-11AM and 4PM to 8PM. All day during weekends. Flexible.
    Tell us a little about yourself: I believe I have a Beginner to Intermediate level of skill with VGC. I have some experience battling on the Skarmbliss PO server, but I know I have a lot more potential than my current level. I have never been to a regional or anything like that though since I'm still trying to learn how to do RNG abuse and such. I am very enthusiastic and eager to learn from the pros so I can maybe compete in the Winter Regionals.
  6. Espeo196

Espeo196

Username: Espeo196
    Pokemon Online username: Espeo196
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific Standard Time, 11-9ish
    Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since the first generation, but never competitively aside from against friends. I do however follow some of the metagame and have battled a bit through the GBU. I also participated in the 2012 International Challenge which is my only real taste of competitive battling. Loved it though.
  7. shogungari

shogungari

Username: shogungari
    Pokemon Showdown username: shogungari
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST; 8PM onward weekdays, any time weekends.
    Tell us a little about yourself:

I have been playing Pokemon from the moment the game arrived on American shores. I grew up with Gen I and have been with the series ever since. However I could never break into the metagame because the pokemon I love either are considered too powerful for normal use (blaziken) or considered inferior in some way (snorlax, empoleon). It crushes me when I lose a battle because even when I try to play with pokemon I hate I still fail. I'm sick of failing. I want to able to play against other metagamers and not be immediately destroyed by something as stupid simple as calm minding latias.
  8. Megamence123

Megamence123

Username: Megamence123
    Pokemon Online username: Megamence123
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST; 9-12 AM most mornings
    Tell us a little about yourself: I am going to be a high school junior so I won't have a lot of time, with school starting September 4. I can't wait to learn however!
  9. eZaz

eZaz

Username: eZaz
    Pokemon Online username: Zaz
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 6 PM - 2 AM Sat & Sun only
    Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a junior in college, I play Pokemon for an excuse to be with friends and I'd like to try for VGC 2013 so I can compete with them. I've stalked on smogon for a while but I finally decided to join the community! I appreciate this opportunity to learn!
  10. forthwright

forthwright

Username: forthwright

Pokemon Online Username: Shplam

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, pretty much any time after 2PM and before 11PM

Tell us a little about yourself: I was in another tutoring round before and I loved it. Tezon was a great help to me for standard play! Now I really want to understand the VGC metagame, and doubles in general I suppose. I'd really love to one day get to be on the Worlds stage, but I know that'll take a lot of work. I'm ready and willing to work at learning the meta and I'm determined to win some events eventually!
  11. Shurtugal

Shurtugal The Enterpriser.

Username: Shurtugal
    Pokemon Online username: Dragon (I have many usernames thou :/)
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Friday / Sat / Sun : odd hours, not available during the week cause school is very important
    Division: (Masters: born 1997 or earlier or Seniors: born 1998 or later) I'm 1997, although I admit I don't plan on entering so much as learning this year.
    Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing for a year, although I don't feel I imporved too much on my skills. I really wanted to try this tier out since I'm very bored of OU atm. I am literate, although not an english natzi. I love reading. I love offensive-based teams
  12. Solace

Solace swing from the chandelier
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Here are the tutor assignments!

speriend - Dimsun
    spino55 - kingofkongs
    Nightwalkr - TheMantyke
    bluejay8295 - Cybertron
    MCBarrett - Human
    GenCross - R Inanimate
    Thadenvy - TalkingLion
    BeastLink - Solace
    AllDayKK - Eraddd

This round ends September 6th!

Sorry to all who weren't paired. We tried to fit best with our tutors' available times.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)