1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Solace, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chenkovsky

Chenkovsky Hula's waifu.
    is a Pre-Contributor

Still, it might be odd if someone spotted it. I don't know, I wouldn't take the risk.
  2. CooltrainerAlan

CooltrainerAlan

Hey guys, I haven't been active arround the VGC game lately since I've been trying to pick up the tcg. Any new stuff come into the meta (highly altering) that I should know about before spring regionals? Also, anything gone down in usage a lot? I've seen Intimidate Scrafty and Defiant Tornadus and they are definetly threatful. Thanks for any advice.
  3. Anas2k7

Anas2k7

landorus-t
  4. kaps

kaps

Is there anywhere to watch past VGC finals matches, or is it just a 'search on youtube and whatever's there is what you get' thing?
  5. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

Right here
  6. hathater

hathater

any good trick room replacements for durants thats underused?
  7. Anas2k7

Anas2k7

i don't fully understand this question, but if you mean pokemon that function like durant in trick room; escavalier, rhyperior, machamp and swampert
  8. tlyee61

tlyee61

Escavalier?? I don't exactly know what you mean or want that's underused. Just look at the top 100 PS! stats and choose something that's not in the top 40 or above that looks like it could work in TR. you could also just look at a list of all the pokemon yourself instead of asking us.
  9. hathater

hathater

thanks guys would zweilous be a good eviolite user or should I stck with dusclops? I like the ablity hustle.
  10. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

We really need to know the rest of your team's layout before we can decide. But since you mentioned Trick Room, Dusclops would be great for that archetype. Zweilous is cool but is way too gimmicky.
  11. hathater

hathater

I see, would crawdaunt with adaptability be good? It has 140 bp waterfall and crunch which is good for sand and cresselia
  12. Project_Mars

Project_Mars

Considering Crawdaunt can ohko cress, i would say yes it is a good idea with TR.
  13. Branny00

Branny00

If you have a pokemon out with lightningrod and your opponent uses discharge, will it still hit both of your Pokemon?
  14. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It will give the Lightningrod mon a boost and do regular damage to the other one. Similarly, if you had a Lightningrod mon and used Discharge, it would still hit both opponents.
  15. neo1225214

neo1225214

New and would appreciate help without flak.

So, this is my first time posting in a thread on Smogon and I hope I'm posting in the right place. Anyway, my simple question is this: I have a Gameshark for GBA and I have "Wild Pokemon Modifier" codes on it. All I want to know is if I'm only using it to determine which KIND of Pokemon appear in wild battles, will they be tournament legal? I'm not altering Natures, IVs, EVs, or anything else. Just trying to catch specific Pokemon. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if I'm posting in the wrong place, I apologize and would ask someone to direct me to the appropriate thread. Thanks to anyone who can provide help!
  16. voodoo pimp

Smogon does not support discussion of AR/Gameshark codes. If you want to make sure you won't get disqualified, only use legitimate means to get your Pokémon.
  17. neo1225214

neo1225214

Alright, thanks for the help!
  18. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

Can anyone tell me a VGC Moveset for Tornadus-T? It is on my sand team and is a counter to rain. Thanks in advance!
  19. Otterz

Otterz

Where can we get VGC '13 pokemon? I'm not sure if the old thread for '12 is still active for this year. And is there a limit? I might need 12 pokes.

EDIT: And my friend is using a Venasuar, this is his first VGC. Here is the pokecheck page. It looks fine. Should he not use it?
  20. tlyee61

tlyee61

hi,
    http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/forum/3-trading-breeding/
  21. Otterz

Otterz

22. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

A good amount of the previous VGC moderators make a shift to NuggetBridge. But don't be confused Smogon and NuggetBridge are partner sites, the VGC players base have an account in both sites (like me and a lot others).
  23. voodoo pimp

Most users from the old thread that are still active will probably be willing to help; at worst they'll politely say no as long as you don't bother them repeatedly. Or you can check out the Wi-Fi forum - several trade threads there advertise free VGC Pokémon, or you can try the simple requests thread for anything you can't find elsewhere.

And that Venusaur is illegal. If your friend got that in a trade, tell him to be more careful who he trades with. If not, tell him to stop hacking.
  24. hathater

hathater

Absol or bisharp?

Absol has a higher attack stat for sucker punch, but bisharp has defiant and a higher defence stat.
  25. M. Rock

M. Rock

Bisharp. Absol is next to useless.

Bisharp has a few good uses. You can have a standard Dark Gem attacker (Adamant, max HP/max Atk), or put a focus sash on him for less power but more survivability. Or if you want maximum power, a Choice Band Defiant set can be pretty nasty.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)