1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Solace, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

Yep, don't forget to give it Focus Sash to hold.

Yes, they are. But trying to find a legal one could be difficult since the huge majority of them are hacked, there are some legals on Smogon just ask around.
  2. Alblupe

Alblupe

Your reply has me worried a bit
    Yesterday I got through the GTS those two pokemons. The moves are legal (no egg moves) and are male, but I suspect they are hacked because they have perfect iv's. Pokecheck says that are completely legal. Everything looks good. Should I avoid using these pokemon? :confused:
  3. tlyee61

tlyee61

you can RNG them...
  4. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

This is a common worry for us all. The perfect iV's is not a bad signal 'coz RNG is quite common these days, but keep in mind that being legal does not mean being legit. Only way to tell if is legit is to capture it yourself. In this case go with it to the Random matchup in the pokemon center if they allow it there they will allow it on VGC competitions

btw, if you would you please link the legality analysis page of those pokemons?
  5. magickzzl

magickzzl

Are the next vgc's played on X and Y? and if so why does nintendo hate norcal?
  6. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

The Autumn Regionals are the last tourney on B2/W2. From then on, it is going to transition into X and Y. Therefore meaning, if you qualify in the fall, you have to switch to X/Y for the Nationals.
  7. pokemaster649

pokemaster649

Yes, it is.
  8. VentusVictory

VentusVictory

I've got a Tailwind team featuring Tailwind Staraptor, Imprison Smeargle (to stop Trick Room), Mixed Infernape, Dragon Gem Garchomp, CB Terrakion, and a Rotom-W. I'm struggling against rain teams pretty badly. Any advice on replacing one of my members? Rotom-W is not really doing his "rain-countering" job well, and the rest of the team is inclined to perform badly against water types (I'm looking at you Ludicolo and Kingdra). Oh, and I don't like to use legendaries because this is ingame and I can't RNG anything in BW2. Terrakion is the only exception.
  9. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

Since the Dialga event is active, I will get it and RNG it. I have kind of quit using tiers and VGC is really all I care about. What nature would be best for Dialga in VGC. Sets in general would be helpful.

P.S. While I am at it, sets for Palkia and Giratina would also be nice if you have any.
  10. Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

You're playing a format where you have 2 Pokemon on the field at a time (until the late stages of a match) and you only have one Pokemon that can comfortably take a strong Water attack so it's not surprising why Rotom-W isn't "countering" rain.

Imprison Smeargle isn't exactly a great way to stop TR since it has to stay on the field for it to work and it lacks bulk. Replacing it with Amoonguss should help with both your rain and TR problems. Water resist, good bulk, and the ability to threaten Politoed makes it a good anti-rain choice and the slow Spore will keep TR teams at bay. It won't single-handedly beat well-made rain or well-made TR teams but it should at least give you a chance.
  11. Impact

Impact

Dialga is banned in VGC since 2010 until they reveal the rules for x/y
  12. tlyee61

tlyee61

Even though you can't use it, most Dialgas in '10 used Modest or Quiet.
  13. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

Thank you for actually answering my question. I know that they are all banned. I just want to have the a good nature in case they are allowed again at some point.
  14. Darpion

Darpion

Is it a good choice to use Xatu in VGC? I need a utility pokemon in my party but i am afraid to use it.Because it looking weak except its wonderful ability Magic Guard.What you guys think?
  15. tlyee61

tlyee61

Back when Breloom was common, I tested it because it walled it + MB reflected Spores. Needless to say, it was terrible because of its stats and poor movepool...
  16. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

Did they announce the locations for the all Autumn Regionals for VGC. I was happy when I saw Philly and then I realized it is only TCG.

Edit: Nvm I am a derp.
  17. JJ2000

JJ2000

Just a random question. At what time does the masters division start? I want to go to the washington regional in the spring, but it's going to be extremely hard for me to get there if it starts at 8:00am for masters.
  18. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

I am in desperate need of help. As usual, I waited for the last second to RNG my team. Well, now nothing is working and I am failing completely. If anyone can offer me these pokemon, I would greatly appreciate it. Btw, they don't need to be trained, evd, but they do need to be from the same evolutionary line.
    Politoed
    Quiet Flawless or 0 Atk Ivs
    Kabutops
    Adamant Flawless or 0 Atk Ivs
    Amoonguss
    Bold Flawless or 0 Atk Ivs
    Tbh, I dont care if they are exact but as close as you can offer. In return, I will offer whatever I can but idk what I can offer atm.
  19. Amin1366

Amin1366

Are mascot legendaries (ubers) allowed in vgc doubles?
  20. Tobes

Tobes Woo-hoo, woo-hoo, woo-hoo-hoo!
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

No. BST 670 and event-only Pokemon are banned.
  21. JimHarbor

JimHarbor

Whats a good Special Fire Tank with overheat?

Trying to get a good Malmar parter
  22. Splosia

Splosia

Greetings, I'm looking to get into competitive VGC and was wondering what anyone thought of this team so far (any/all help is appreciated): Dragonite, Blissey, Togekiss, Forretress, and Wobbuffet. Don't have my 6th yet and moves items finalized yet. Thanks in advance!
  23. Onicon

Onicon

That's a line from the VGC analysis of Slowbro. It might be just us but we think that the analysis does not exactly specify what Slowbro's unique qualities are. What can Slowbro do what Slowking cannot?
  24. Lorenz

Lorenz

Are there any local scenes for competitive Pokemon in the Hampton Roads VA area?
  25. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Payback (50) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Slowbro: 92-110 (45.5 - 54.4%)
    252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Payback (50) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Slowking: 120-142 (59.4 - 70.2%)

They was just refering to the fact Slowbro can take physical hits better. In my opinion for a dedicated Trick Room team Slowbro highest special attack and physical bulk is better than Slowking. But going full Trick Room is very risky as you may find yourself unable to set it up that's why Slowking get more usage.

(in the above calc, Slow's spread was 252HP/252 Sp. Atk)

Rotom-H is a good choice, his bulk and interesting array of resistance (4x to steel and 2x to fairy) can really help also he get good support move (will-o-wisp, Thunder wave, pain Split) just add a Sitrus or Lum berry to the mix and try it out.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)