VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Professor Birch and idiotfrommars
Also which legendary pokemon have been banned when they first came out. I'm pretty sure pokemon like latias/os weren't banned and kyogre/groudon/rayquaza were banned in 2003?
And do you think they will not be banned in vgc2015/ which legendary pokemon do you think will be banned that are available in oras?

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
If I was to guess, the banlist for VGC '15 will probably consist of all the cover legends and the event Pokemon. So stuff like Dialgia, Kyrogre, and Mewtwo will be banned, as well as Pokemon like Jirachi and Celebi. Pokemon like Zapdos, Terrakion, and Landorus most likely won't be banned as they have consistently allowed those type of legends in the past years of VGC. Keep in mind that this is all speculation and it is fully possible that Game Freak could throw a curveball and have rules like 2010, but I highly doubt that will happen.

TehPlayer
The ban list usually follows this:

• 150 – Mewtwo
  • 151 – Mew
  • 249 – Lugia
  • 250 – Ho-Oh
  • 251 – Celebi
  • 382 – Kyogre
  • 383 – Groudon
  • 384 – Rayquaza
  • 385 – Jirachi
  • 386 – Deoxys
  • 441 – Chatot
  • 483 – Dialga
  • 484 – Palkia
  • 487 – Giratina
  • 489 – Phione
  • 490 – Manaphy
  • 491 – Darkrai
  • 492 – Shaymin
  • 493 – Arceus
  • 494 – Victini
  • 643 – Reshiram
  • 644 – Zekrom
  • 646 – Kyurem
  • 647 – Keldeo
  • 648 – Meloetta
  • 649 – Genesect
And then, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde were banned this season, so if they open it up to all Pokemon, this is what the ban list would most likely resemble

I was wondering if anyone knew how much or at least in the ball park of how much tickets cost for the world championships. Not to play just to go and hang out and have fun. Thank you for your time.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
You don't have to buy tickets to attend the world championships. You will still need to pay for a hotel, transportation and the like, but the actual event is free of charge.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
They give out swag bags to the competitors for free. They also have another shop set up that is open to everyone that sells a variety of merchandise. This includes plushies, world shirts, and other worlds merchandise.

Attending Jump Festa this year and they're having a little VGC Doubles event of sorts. Party has to have a Latios or Latias, but I have no idea what to even run. The few tricked out Pokemon I have (rotom-w, trevenant, scizor, blaziken, ampharos, politoed, galvantula, togekiss, aegislash, gliscor, arcanine, klefki, goodra) I don't really know what to make and with the introduction of ORAS there are new megas and I'm not really sure what kind of team to make. Most of my pokes probably aren't the prime time builds. What's a good theme to go with for VGC Doubles when I have to incorporate a Latios/Latias?

IMO you have two options:

1-) add a Mega-Salamence, before mega evolving he have intimidate and after mega evoling you can spam Hyper voice non-stop. You can add Fire blast to the mix but some people like to run a mixed set with EQ. Also protect is a must since M-Mence have a nifty 120 base speed that he can use to outspeed and kill some threats

2-) Counter Mega-Salamence, hard but doable. Priority are you main weapon, being offensive or deffensive (prankster), paralyze it, burn it, whenever to stop it.

Also, I may recomend to don't use choice items. VGC is very creative and being locked in one move is not always a nice option.

And check if Soul dew is allowed, if so with a single calm mind and soul dew latias can survive a hit and kill M-mence. Don't be afraid to use boosting move since it can take your opponent by surprise (no one likes to face a +2 mega scizor).

Does anyone know when VGC '15 rules will be announced? Like, what Pokemon we can use?
I didn't know if there was a usual time every year when they announce that.
Thanks.

Over on good ole Costa Rica we're running our first official Premier Challenges, and I've seen a prevalence of Trick Rooms, specially Gothitelle. Any suggestions for checks/counters? Running a CharY team so sun aid is on the table.

IMO you have two options:

1-) add a Mega-Salamence, before mega evolving he have intimidate and after mega evoling you can spam Hyper voice non-stop. You can add Fire blast to the mix but some people like to run a mixed set with EQ. Also protect is a must since M-Mence have a nifty 120 base speed that he can use to outspeed and kill some threats

2-) Counter Mega-Salamence, hard but doable. Priority are you main weapon, being offensive or deffensive (prankster), paralyze it, burn it, whenever to stop it.

Also, I may recomend to don't use choice items. VGC is very creative and being locked in one move is not always a nice option.

And check if Soul dew is allowed, if so with a single calm mind and soul dew latias can survive a hit and kill M-mence. Don't be afraid to use boosting move since it can take your opponent by surprise (no one likes to face a +2 mega scizor).
I didn't see anywhere that said Soul Dew was unauthorized, but I'll read through the translated site again to double check. Soft reset a few times to get myself a Modest. Probably not the beneficial Nature though. ...where do you even find Soul Dew? I think I got it in x/y, but I can't remember.

Is Hyper Voice Salamence a gen v move tutor thing? Haven't made it to the move tutor in ORAS yet. I was gonna try and get some pokes from 4chan and breed accordingly to get the pentagon thing, but seeing as how I have 9 or so days left til the event I might end up having to use the pokes I stated above. I've been getting real lazy about breeding and what not.

Probably run something like

Lead: Rotom-W/Choice Scarf - Trick, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Protect
Lead: Togekiss/Sitrus Berry - Roost, Air Slash, Nasty Plot, Dazzling Gleam
Latias/Soul Dew - Recover, Calm Mind, Dragon Pulse, Mist Ball
Scizor/Scizorite - Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, Swords Dance, ??
Goodra/Binding Band - Infestation, Toxic, Protect, Fire Blast
Gliscor/Toxic Orb - Earthquake, Fling, Ice Fang, ??

I think Soul Dew is even banned from VGCs...wouldn't make any sense to make Megas for the Latis if nobody is going to use them in any format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)