Min -= Hindering nature with 31 IVs
Min= Uninvested 31 IVs
Max= Neutral 252 EVs 31 IVs
Max += Boosted Nature 252 EVs 31 IVs.

Bulbapedia
Min: -Nature, 0 IVs, 0 EVs
Max:+Nature, 31 IVs, 252 EVs
? This makes no sense.

o Min- means that it has a hindering nature with 0 Ev's.
o What your saying Min means makes no sense at all.
o Everything else seems to be in order.

I know the question as to whether or not pokemon from bw2 can be used in the October regionals has been answered, but I have a slightly more grey-area one. Can unova pokemon with dream world abilities be used? It is possible to receive a female dw unova pokemon from bw2 and breed it in a bw1 game, thus providing a completely legitimate bw1 dw unova pokemon.

I know the question as to whether or not pokemon from bw2 can be used in the October regionals has been answered, but I have a slightly more grey-area one. Can unova pokemon with dream world abilities be used? It is possible to receive a female dw unova pokemon from bw2 and breed it in a bw1 game, thus providing a completely legitimate bw1 dw unova pokemon.
No, unless like with Musharna and Darmanitan it is possible to get it through use of ONLY BW1.

No, unless like with Musharna and Darmanitan it is possible to get it through use of ONLY BW1.
Is that sourced anywhere? Not that I doubt you, but I want to be prepared for anything that comes my way. I saw an English speed boost Blaziken at regionals last year that didn't get caught by the hack check since it was "legitimate".

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is that sourced anywhere? Not that I doubt you, but I want to be prepared for anything that comes my way. I saw an English speed boost Blaziken at regionals last year that didn't get caught by the hack check since it was "legitimate".
When you trade a Japanese Pokemon to a North American cart (ie a Speed Boost Torchic), it changes to an English name when you evolve it. Completely legitimate.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
The only legitimate BW1 Unova Pokemon with their Dream World abilities are Munna, Musharna, Darumaka, and Darmanitan (of which only Musharna's is useful in VGC). And I guess that traded Basculin in-game. Which means any other Unova Pokemon with their dream world abilities are illegal in this tournament.
When you trade a Japanese Pokemon to a North American cart (ie a Speed Boost Torchic), it changes to an English name when you evolve it. Completely legitimate.
Unless nicknamed I believe. But yes, I can back this statement up.

Do you need to pay for ANYTHING (except for gas) if you go to VGC? Registration, anything?

NVM my last post, I figured it out. Now let me ask: What time does it start in EST? Like does it last from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST? Also, what is VGC 2013 format? Single Elimination, Swiss Pairings?
Per the payment thing, I've never seen a VGC with an entry fee, but you should bring a packed lunch; they have a tendency to overcharge for food.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Per the payment thing, I've never seen a VGC with an entry fee, but you should bring a packed lunch; they have a tendency to overcharge for food.
The VGC event itself doesn't serve food, rather the hotel or convention center that hosts the VGC does the food serving. And per the norm for hotels and convention centers, food is marked up 200%.

If transportation isn't an issue I'd research nearby restaurants.

The VGC event itself doesn't serve food, rather the hotel or convention center that hosts the VGC does the food serving. And per the norm for hotels and convention centers, food is marked up 200%.

If transportation isn't an issue I'd research nearby restaurants.
The little temporary Kiosks that TPCi let's em' set up there charge stuff for so much money. $220.00 US dollars for a misprint Persian card, what a rip.

I would consider it more than likely, given that the prize for 1st and 2nd at regionals is a bye and none of the top 4 get nats invites.

Is using a Pokemon that have a different OT and ID that you legal in VGC tournaments?
I always capture my Pokemon in another game and transfer it to my real one mainly because of the the boosted EXP.

Is using a Pokemon that have a different OT and ID that you legal in VGC tournaments?
I always capture my Pokemon in another game and transfer it to my real one mainly because of the the boosted EXP.
Any pokemon's legal in VGC as long as it adheres to the rules. Traded pokemon are fine (I hope!)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Traded Pokemon are legal as long as the Pokemon itself is legal for the tournament. This includes a U.S. cart consisting of nothing but Japanese Pokemon.

So, I ran a timid scarf chandelure on pretty much every one of my teams in VGC'12. However, it didn't quite hit hard enough for it to warrant use on multiple occasions and it sat on my team as a niche revenge killer and overall check to sun teams. I was wondering if switching it to a modest nature would be viable. It's basically a trade-off between ~20 SpAtk and outspeeding Scarfed Metagross & Politoed (Aerodactyl anyone?).

I would highly recommend switching to a +SpAtk nature. Unlike in OU where outrunning other scarfed Pokemon is key to a lot of other scarfer's success, Scarf is much less common due in part to the locking nature of the item being more inhibiting when switching isn't nearly as common and item clause. Switching to a modest nature sounds like a fine choice as the bonus speed isn't the best.

What is a good counter in rain teams? I have tried many of my competitive pokemon but they can't stop rain teams.
Generally versus Rain teams I like to carry at least two rain resistant Pokemon that can hit Rain for STAB neutral or super-effective damage. Good anti rain Pokemon I've used in the past include Rotom-W, Latios, Tyranitar, Abomasnow, Gastrodon, Ludicolo, Virizion, and especially Ferrothorn.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm using a rain team myself, and the two things that give me the most trouble, other than other rain teams, are Ferrothorn and Rotom-W (and Lati@s to a lesser extent if my Scizor goes down). You can't just count on one Pokémon to counter an entire team, though, especially rain with their boosted attacks, so you need to make sure the rest of your team still stands a chance if your check goes down. For instance, make sure you don't have too many Water weaknesses.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If they are heavily dependant on using rain, Pokemon like Cresselia and Thundurus can be real problems for them, due to their ability to easily throw around Thunder Waves to stop Swift Swim. Cresselia can also perform Trick Room, removing the speed advantage of Swift Swim.

Manual Weather changers, in the form of Cresselia (once again), Sableye, and Whimsicott that use Sunny Day can also throw a wrench in things.

Otherwise, the aforementioned Pokemon in the posts before me are all pretty effective at dealing with the rain, though many of them are quite heavily Bug weak.

Oh right, Togekiss and Amoonguss are two other Pokemon can give rain teams some issues.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I rolled a Zapdos with HP Grass specifically to stop Gastrodon. Tornadus and Dragonite with STAB Hurricane are also options but must beware Ice attacks. Really your best counter is Abomasnow Imo.

So, let's say I have a Trick Room team of
Marowak
Musharna
Zapdos
Crawdaunt
Amoonguss
Hariyama

Who should I use against Rain, this could come in handy in 12 days.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So, let's say I have a Trick Room team of
Marowak
Musharna
Zapdos
Crawdaunt
Amoonguss
Hariyama

Who should I use against Rain, this could come in handy in 12 days.
All of them except Marowak (for obvious reasons). Though Zapdos is an odd choice for Trick Room; I hope you're giving it a Power Band to make it Trick Room viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)