VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the best of everyone's knowledge has Nationals ever conflicted with the dates of Comic-Con?
Assuming you're referring to San Diego International Comic-Con, the answer is no. Nationals have been on the last weekend of June for 3/4 years and the first weekend in July the other year. AFAIK SDCC has always been on a later weekend in July.

didnt know where else to post this, but....

why is it that i see a strategy-dex spec for an adamant hitmontop? how it evolves is by having the same atk and def stats at 20. If that is not a mistake then can someone please explain to me how to get a hitmontop with adamant nature? the reason why i ask here is that it was the vgc 2012 strategy-dex

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
If you want your Adamant Tyrogue to evolve at level 20 into a Hitmontop, just simply give it 4 Irons(The Defense boosting Vitamin) to give it 40 Defense EVs to even out the Attack and Defense. If the EV spread that you want doesn't need the extra Defense EVs, simply give it 4 Defense dropping stat berries(Qualot Berry).

If you want your Adamant Tyrogue to evolve at level 20 into a Hitmontop, just simply give it 4 Irons(The Defense boosting Vitamin) to give it 40 Defense EVs to even out the Attack and Defense. If the EV spread that you want doesn't need the extra Defense EVs, simply give it 4 Defense dropping stat berries(Qualot Berry).
thank you so much. do i give it the iron right at 20 or at 1 if i am breeding a tyrogue

thank you so much. do i give it the iron right at 20 or at 1 if i am breeding a tyrogue
Keep in mind you'll also have to get it to level 20 without interfering with the attack or defence EVs (although small changes probably won't effect it), and depending on what IVs it has (assuming you're not RNGing/getting perfect stats) the stats might be different as well.
Personally I've always found it easier to just fight Pokémon that give it attack and defence depending on what you need to bring up until they're equal, then let it evolve, and remove the spare EVs using berries/join avenue.

Speaking of Hitmontop, I assume it's impossible to make it learn Sucker Punch in a 5th Gen game ? Can someone confirm that for me please ?

Though that reminds me of a spanish guy 2 years ago that got trolled by a Guillotine Haxorus... Hit twice in a row lol.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Worlds is in Vancouver, Canada at the Convention Center.
(http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/inde...ips-vancouver-canada-august-9th-to-11th-2013/)

Which both is cool and sucky at the same time. I used to work in one of the towers in Coal Harbor. There isn't really any restaurants within a 10-20 minute walk.
Rogue, Steamworks, Exp Bar just off the top of my head. Food court literally across the street. Also pretty close to anything in Gastown or Robson.

This is an absolute godsend after Waikoloa.

Bonus: Best gelato in the world as determined by the Florence Gelato Festival a block or so away.

I meant where the last chance qualifiers take place in.
The LCQ takes place in the same venue as the World Championships.

Rogue, Steamworks, Exp Bar just off the top of my head. Food court literally across the street. Also pretty close to anything in Gastown or Robson.

This is an absolute godsend after Waikoloa.

Bonus: Best gelato in the world as determined by the Florence Gelato Festival a block or so away.

The LCQ takes place in the same venue as the World Championships.
How long are breaks between the action for competitors? Sure, one could mosey to Robson or Gastown but I know few people can huff it in 15 minutes (each way.) I would not call EXP Bar within walking distance of the Convention Center for short breaks. Rogue is do-able. Steamworks is okay if not busy as can be.

Are you talking about that Gelato place on the corner of Burrard and Cordova? I have been wandering how their's is.

For long breaks there are plenty of places one can hit up. Sad news for any games out there. Vancouver's downtown core doesn't have any video game/board game/hobby shops. There's a bitchin' comic shop on Granville.

For those traveling looking for a cheap stay... whatever you do, do not pick the Cambie Hostel. Just trust me on that one.

I have been reviewing things for the Dream Radar and Entree Forest. Is it possible for a Nature-locked Entree Forest Pokémon? It might be Timer0 hits but I am trying to learn to RNG my first Entree Forest Pokémon. I just keep getting the same Nature (not one that I want.)

(I am having issues getting a Nurse into my Join Avenue to assist with hatching of eggs. Does anyone have any hints or suggestions?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)