VGC Vgc Bird jesus attempt!

Hey guys, recently completed my pokedex and now i can finally focus on the competitive scene of pokemon. One of my long time favorites has always been pidgeot and after seeing he has an awesome mega i decided to try and build a team around him. I know its flawed but i hope you guys can help me improve it. Thanks and heres the team:

@ Pidgeonite
Ability: Keen Eye
Evs: 252 Speed/252 SpAttk/4 Hp
Timid Nature
-Heat Wave
-Hurricane
-U-Turn
-Protect

The awesome mega pidgeot! Heat wave and hurricane seem pretty staple on him, both great moves with good covarage and damage. And thanks to no gaurd wont miss. Not to sure about u-turn, its been alright. Evs for max possible speed and special attack to hit hard and fast. When paired with whimsicott things usually go well.

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Evs:252 HP / 222 Spe / 36 SpAtk
Timid Nature
-Tailwind
-Energy Ball
-Taunt
-Encore

I've chosen whimsicott as my support due to immunity to spore and also to him being faster than thunderous ive gone agaisnt. Good array of support moves to help out the team. Great taunter. Evs for max speed and to boost his energy ball for maximum potential.

-wash @ Sitrus berry
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 hp/116SpAttk/116SpDef/20Speed
Modest Nature
-Hydro Pump
-ThunderBolt
-Will-o-wisp
-protect

Rotom-wash was my water choice, as he's always been pretty popular and can serve as a counter to talonflame and the like as well to hinder physical attackers such as the omnipresent khangaskan. Evs and nature to hit hard as well as being somewhat tanky with the HP and SpDef evs. Moves are pretty standard and is usually the set most people run.

Aegislash @ weakness policy
Ability: Stance Change
Evs: 252 hp/252SpAttk/4Spdef
Iv: 0 speed
Quiet Nature

-Flash Cannon
-Shadow Ball
-Wide Gaurd ( was shadow sneak )
-King's Shield

Aegislash is here to help me counter fairy types as well as to try and counter khangaskhan some more. Moveset is sorta standard, except for maybe the shadow sneak perhaps, just to try and assure a revenge kill here and there. Not too sure about the Evs, but maybe you guys can help me out with that.

Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 252 hp/252Attk/4Spdef
Adament Nature

-Close combat
-Wide Gaurd
-Fake out
-Stone edge

After looking around at the potential fake outers for my team, i've chosen hitmontop. Has decent bulk, can hit back decently and has good coverage that my team required. And he can also work agaisnt all these trick room teams decently as well.

As for my 6th spot, i had tyranitar but he's not really seeing much use, so i was wondering if someone knew who a decent addition might be. Was thinking maybe a sylveon or something such,

Last edited:
If you are using Tailwind support, i don't see the reason why not make Pidgeot a little more bulky and take some speed out of it. Try to EV it to outspeed base 145 (in my concern, the fastest speed in the meta) and give the EVs in HP and/or Defense. If you ask me, Talonflame+Amoonguss could make your life difficult, so try to find out what is the best answer to them and try to make it fit into your team. The EV spread on Hitmontop seems weird, try to make it a little more bulky and Replace Stone Edge with Protect. That will give him more longetivity and will fit a more supportive role, but with enough power to OHKO threats like Mega Kangaskhan.

As for the 6th spot i was thinking maybe a mamoswine could help fit that niche maybe with such a build as

Mamoswine @ Life orb
Ability: thick fat
Evs: 28hp/252attk/84def/140spdef/4speed
Adament nature
-Ice shard
-rock slide
-earthquake
-protect

With this set, i have some ground and rock coverage as well as that ice shard to poss 1 HKO salamence and garchomps while having enough defense to surive a brave bird from talonflame. Whats your opinion on this addition?

Not too sure about hitmontops ev spread but as for his move set, its modified a bit and is as follows:
erhaps, just to try and assure a revenge kill here and there. Not too sure about the Evs, but maybe you guys can help me out with that.

-Close combat
-Wide Gaurd
-Fake out
-Stone edge

As well as slapped on wide gaurd on aegislash to help defend pidgeot from rock slides when paired together, trying to figure out hitmontops move set

Last edited:
My opinion is.....nicely done there! Mamoswine could fit the role perfectly. If you want a more complex EV spread for Hitmontop, you could use the Damage Calculator to find out what do you want to live and what do you want to KO. I will reccomend that if you are going to use Hitmontop, put enough EVs to survive Draco Meteor from Hydreigon, survive Brave Bird from Adamant Max Attack Choice Band Talonflame and Adamant Max Attack Double Edge from Mega Salamence after the Intimidate. Maybe it sounds impossible, but look what you can do there. Also, have you considered using Quick Guard instead of Wide Guard on Hitmontop? That will prevent BB from Talonflame, Taunt from Thundurus and Fake Out from the common Fake Out users out there. That will really help Whimsicott to be able to setup before it faints. Also, what is the SpD on Mamoswine for?

Awesome, really like mamoswine so im glad he's actualy a good addition, he seems to be working out fine :D
Found this hitmontop ev spread: EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 132 Def bulky enough to survive a life orb boosted brave bird from a talonflame after an intimidate. Seems alright.
have his moveset atm as
-Stone edge
-Close combat
-Fake out
-Mach punch
Thinking about taking out stone edge for that quick gaurd though since aegislash is gonna get wide gaurd to have them both. Hitmontop has been annoying to work with :(

As for the SpD on mamoswine, thats enough special defense to allow it to survive a charizard Y sun boosted heat wave and an overheat outside of the sun

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Err one issue that seems glaring is that Pidgeot and Whimsicott aren't exactly very good partners in terms of defensive and offensive synergy. Pidgeots partner should aim to take out Electric types such as Thundurus, and to a lesser extent, Manectric (both mega and base), as well as be able to break through bulky steels such as Heatran and Aegislash. With the above criteria taken into consideration, I highly recommend you try partnering Pidgeot with Rhyperior. Access to Lightning Rod and an immunity to electric attacks, as well as significant bulk, and a slow speed, allows Rhyperior to partner with Pidgeot and redirect Electric type moves, and individually it can beat bulky steels like Heatran, as well as take out Ice types. In return, Pidgeot can take out grass types.

Hmm rhyperior with such a set as this would be decent i think

Rhyperior
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Megahorn

but i'd have 2 ground types on the team. More weaknesses to water and grass overall with both mamoswine and rhyperior here. Figured i could maybe switch pidgeot for mamo to predict the thunderbolt and such.
Or if not, do you suggest maybe replace mamo for rhyperior? I think mamo seems pretty good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)