1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

VGC General Metagame Discussion

Discussion in 'VGC' started by TheMantyke, Feb 11, 2014.

1. TheMantyke

TheMantyke slow
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Hello,

So there are a huge number of individual Pokemon, moves, items, and combos that are up to discuss with VGC, but actually sitting down to create a thread about one can be a pretty monotonous task and might limit potential conversation.

So, here we have this thread. Here, you can talk about anything VGC or Play! Pokemon related in a broader sense and without the need to create an individual discussion thread. Hope this proves useful.
  2. GaboTJ

GaboTJ

After some days of playtesting on Special Battles i came up with this list based on my personal opinion, my playtesting results) and the most important part, the Winter Regional Results which you can find on youtube)

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE RESPONDING :
    -
    This list is based on a double battle kalos only format so some pokemon that are good in singles are seeing almost no play in here, this also makes some pokemon like meowstic a lot better.
    -Mega Kangaskhan is not banned and it is by far the most popular mega in the game so because of this a lot of megas are not being played, including mega lucario and mega pinsir.
    -I'm not saying that this is a very accurate list, it is totally based on the Battle Spot Special Battles online metagame (Which is the official format) and NOT based on a simulator.
    -I do not believe that this list needs more clasifications but opinions are always welcome, also if i missed some pokemon please let me know.
    -ALSO I MADE THIS LIST AND IT IS NOT OFFICIAL OR 100% ACCURATE SO DO NOT FLAME.

Tier 1: (Powerful, most of these are always good to have pokemon, sweepers, super support etc.)
    Aegislash
    Alakazam/Mega Alakazam
    Azumarril
    Amonguss
    Charizard (Mega Y)
    Dragonite
    Hydreigon
    Kangaskhan (Mega)
    Ferrothorn
    Garchomp/Mega Garchomp
    Greninja
    Gengar/Mega Gengar
    Gyarados/Mega Gyarados
    Mamoswine
    Mawile (Mega)
    Meowstic
    Mienshao
    Politoed
    Rotom Wash
    Salamance
    Scizor/Mega Scizor
    Talonflame
    Treevenant
    Tyranitar
    Venusaur (Mega)

Tier 2: (Some are support based pokemon, not always the optimal choice but it almost always depend on what do you want to counter, also some of these pokemon requiere serious support/stat increase before being good)
    Abomasnow (Mega)
    Aromatisse
    Carbink
    Charizard (Mega X)
    Chandelure
    Chesnaught
    Clawitzer
    Conkeldurr
    Bisharp
    Doublade
    Diggersby
    Espeon
    Gardevoir/Mega Gardevoir
    Gliscor
    Gourgeist
    Hawlucha
    Klefki
    Liepard
    Lucario/Mega Lucario
    Manetric/Mega Manetric
    Malamar
    Medicham (Mega)
    Pinsir/Mega Pinsir
    Rhyperior
    Rotom Heat
    Sableye
    Scarmory
    Scrafty
    Scolipede
    Slowbro
    Starmie
    Sylveon
    Umbreon
    Vaporeon
    Weavile
    Zapdos

Tier 3
    Everything Else
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)