VGC Practice Tourney! (Round 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved By TheMantyke
VGC Practice Tourney!
Rules:
-Smogon tournament rules apply and you must adhere to them in their entirety: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/wi-fi-tournaments-rules.3460958/
-First come first serve. If enough people join, I will continue to add from 16/32/64/128 at the maximum
-We will be following the ruleset of the VGC 14 season
  • All matches are played in Doubles format
  • Pokemon above Level 50 will be brought down to 50 for the match while those below 50 will stay as-is
  • Players choose 4 of their 6 registered Pokemon after team preview
  • Pokémon must meet all three of the following conditions to be eligible for use:
    1. Pokémon must be found in the Coastal Kalos, Central Kalos, or Mountain Kalos Pokédex (Full list can be found here)
    2. Pokémon must have been obtained in Pokémon X or Y (identifiable by a blue pentagon on the stats screen)
    3. Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are banned
  • Species Clause: No two Pokémon can share the same Pokédex number.
  • Item Clause: No two Pokémon can hold the same held item.
-For a full ruleset, refer to here: http://assets22.pokemon.com/assets/...14/Play_Pokemon_VG_Rules_and_Formats_2014.pdf
-Players will have a week to complete their battle
-It will be a single elimination up until the semi-finals
-The semi-finals and finals will be played a best 2 out of 3
-Save replays in case of any disagreements
-Matches shall be played on WIFI
-HAVE FUN!
-There will be a prize if you win ;)

ROUND DEADLINE
2/12
Pairings

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
in. sign me up!
you're already in from your post in the sign ups thread. This is round 1.

You've been placed in the second bracket (Mini Tourney) Where you will look for your name and therefore your opponent, then arrange a time to battle with them. Have a read of the smogon tourney rules outlined in the first post.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What's the point of a mini-tourney?
Wouldn't it be smarter for these players to be substitutes?

I am just doing this so you can still play. This was done so that if somebody is inactive, you will take their place but if not, you will still get to play.

you're already in from your post in the sign ups thread. This is round 1.

You've been placed in the second bracket (Mini Tourney) Where you will look for your name and therefore your opponent, then arrange a time to battle with them. Have a read of the smogon tourney rules outlined in the first post.
Thanks for explaining!

Ok so this is the deal. I can not change the names on the bracket so pay attention:
1. cossiah is now going to be done by chimchu14
2. pokemonmanchamp is now going to be Vinc2612

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You should simply drop challonge and put the pairings in the first post, it is way easier.

Otherwise, I'm contacting religiousjedi right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)