1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

VGC Prizes + Tournament Format

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Solace, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Solace

Solace swing from the chandelier
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

read about it

This update is just what we've been waiting for!

Format Updates:
    So we've got official confirmation that only Pokemon Black & White Cartridges can be used, so be sure to avoid BW2 moves and such!

We also get to see that there will be a top cut for the top 8. A Best of 3 top cut will definitely be interesting, but probably not feasible for big regionals due to time constraints.

Prizes:
    Prizes were cut quite a bit from last year. 3rd & 4th place Masters getting no travel stipend, and Juniors & Seniors are losing out on $100 on each (along with Masters under 18 losing out on $300 if they get 2nd). This is pretty frustrating since the prizes barely covered the trip to Indy in the first place, and especially not now. Any other thoughts?

This is also pretty interesting. Is there going to have a CP requirement for Nationals? I really hope there isn't, but we'll see how that turns out.

Feel free to discuss anything in this article!
  2. N8thePWNr

N8thePWNr

>CP requirement
    Almost lost it.

Anyways, I hope nationals runs like it did last July. That way, it broadens the opportunity of nationals to people who didn't necessarily win the regional championships.
  3. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

/facepalm

As if getting people to attend the VGC tournaments wasn't hard enough, considering the limited number of tournaments (which hopefully changes). It works for TCG because there are LOTS of tournaments.

Unless for some reason the Wi-Fi tournaments start to reward championship points too.

Also, it's interesting to see that Swiss and Top Cut are returning.
  4. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I imagine it's something to do with this?
  5. Superpokemon67

Superpokemon67

The bit about Regionals having Bo3 top cut made my day. I can't wait for Philly. I prizes downgrade really stinks though, especially masters not having a travel allowance for 3rd and 4th place. I'm holding on to the hope that it just means better prizes at nats, but it's unlikely :/.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)