VGC11 Locations & Dates Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sick so I can walk to the UK event again :toast:

EDIT: Also think that the VGC this year is in the actual NEC, not the little building just outside, if anyone can confirm that, would be great!
The location says Hall 8 which according to the map of the NEC is in the actual building yes. It's a lot bigger than the pavilion which was used last year.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
The top eight finalists in each division from each of the five European locations will earn guaranteed competitor slots at the 2011 Pokémon World Championships. In addition to invitations to the World Championships in San Diego, top finishers in Europe and in the U.S. will receive travel allowances, special medals and Pokémon prizes.....
Players at the National Championships will battle to secure a top eight finish over the weekend, and in return, receive a guaranteed competitor slot at the 2011 Pokémon World Championships.
dangit

Well, at least we don't have to fight kids anymore.
Will we get participation ribbons too?
Bags.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Medals instead of trophies...

No stops in the midwest (or anywhere near Buffalo)...

What the hell? Why are they skimping on everything, did they NOT break a billion in revenue on Black/White yet?

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Medals instead of trophies...

No stops in the midwest (or anywhere near Buffalo)...

What the hell? Why are they skimping on everything, did they NOT break a billion in revenue on Black/White yet?
10 million dollars just can't do that much these days. :P

Jokes aside, I'd say it has to do with the earthquake in Japan. Also, with an extra division they're still giving out the same amount of paid flights/invitations.

It seems Japan is participating finally. I´m reading in the website the World Championship will have:

The 1st and 2nd place finishers from the 2010 World Championships
The top 8 players at the U.S. National Championships
The top 8 players at the UK National Championships
The top 8 players at the German National Championships
The top 8 players at the French National Championships
The top 8 players at the Italian National Championships
The top 8 players at the Spanish National Championships
The top player at each of 14 Japanese Regional Championships
The top player at each of 2 Korean Regional Championships
The top 8 players at the World Championships Last Chance Qualifier

breh

強いだね
I'm not seeing anything like that. Can you please link?

EDIT: found it; nvm

Japan is back in business!

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Keep in mind that they may have written this weeks ago and just put it up now. Unless we get confirmation from Japan about any of this, I wouldn't count on it.

Congratulations to the italians. They finally got their tournament :3

Good luck to all europeans!
A reverse troll was kinda unexpected. Really, everytime i promise to not go to a VGC again there is something that makes me change idea. But this time for a good reason.

Finally i can go within 30 minutes of car driving instead of a full paid trip. 512 spots for master division means i won't wait 5+ hours for the queue standing up all the time. Dunno if it's still "first come first serve" basis...

ps: Seems nobody has noticed there's team preview.
This year no "last secret pokemon sweep" thing hopefully...

DC + Newark :)

Not really liking the Top 8 Seniors at Nationals though, but can't complain.
As for the medals, saw that coming but I still like trophies more /:
3DS for the Top 2 finishers is great! (Wish it could be Top 4 though.)

A win at either Regionals would be really amazing; mainly because of the free hotel room. I don't know if you guys have heard yet but hotels for Nationals seems to be an extreme problem this year.

^This. Italy gets one too.
Now I have to find a way to go to Newark or Indianapolis. Erf.
Why can't we have qualifiers in Canada too?

If I actually won a 3DS that would be kinda lol because I didn't want one until the thinner model comes out sometime in the next two years.

Still looking forward to it though. Nationals should be super fun. And hopefully I'll be able to participate more unlike last year haha.

I was so excited to see it was in Newark again I completely looked over DC lol. I'll probably be at both. I've been playing on SkarmBliss's VGC server on PO and I gotta say I really like the rules this year. No insta-weather, no ridiculous ubers, no dark void smeargle, no infraggable cresselias. If only the online ranking matches were like this.

Just curious. Do you have to pay to get into these events? Or can I sign up and attend? I'm thinking about heading down to Newark.

i am flying fishy out to seattle vgc (because i am the nicest guy ever) so you will see both of us there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)