ORAS OU Vicious Storms (Victini Bulky offense peaked 1500+)

First off welcome to my rmt. Second sorry for the horrible pun...assuming you get it. Anyways The whole inspiration for this team started when i wanted to build a team around victini. It cant be pretty hard building around vic as being knock off weak and having a pretty bad typing was hard. Anyways before going into the team there is something wanna note. I'm aware of having 0 imunities to ground but that is compensated by having two physical walls in hippo and venu. Also let me know if you see any problems with spreads or moves as i might of missed stuff here and there. Hope you enjoy reading!

The team building process:

I started with vic to build the team around. I needed a fairy type to pair well with vic and azu came to mind as it resisted dark and loves the removal of steels.

After adding azu the team had next to nothing for the removal of bulky waters as vic can only finish waters off if they are weakened and azu struggles vs them. Also wanted a knock off absorbers phys def mega venu came to mind.

After adding venu i needed Another wallbreaker due to how i was using special vic. Kyurem-black filled this roll nicely as type wise vic and venu cover faries and kyurem-black can beat things vic has trouble with such as water types and the ability to break opposing venu. On top of that kyube beats non scarf tran and wont fear a burn as much as azu does.

Next up i needed a spinner as well as a steel to make a nice d/f/s core on top of that i needed a rock resist so im not screwed vs opposing sand. On top of this excas power was well needed with the team. Of course by this point using a sand core of exca+hippo works great due to 3 water resists.

Last to finish off the team hippo fit perfectly as it helped beat talonflame who destroys the team otherwise as well as deal with other physical attackers. Mega lopp was not really a problem as venu beats it 1v1 but hippo serves as a secondary answer. Not only that but hippo can set rocks up AND has the always nice Edge-quake coverage.

Now that the team building process is done now we can move on to the main part of this rmt!

Neko (Victini) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Glaciate

As i stated above the team was built around victini. I changed the set quite a bit at the start but i decided to go full special with a expert belt. Pretty much what vic does is bluff that its Physical to lure in stuff such and landorus or garchomp and smack them with a glaciate. Not only this but vic can bluff a scarf which could seriously mess up your opponent if they dont figure it out in time. Anyways victinis main goal is to break down walls to help the other teamates by removing stuff they hate. (landorus and garchomp and pretty big threats due to having 0 ground resists or imunities) Thanks to victory star vic gets a Slightly more dependable focus blast that allows vic to beat tyranitar a common switch in to victini. Blue flare is pretty nice as unlike v-create your not forced to switch or take massive damage. Thunder allows vic to hit bulky waters but with sand it can be pretty hard to use. (this is why im not using a smooth rock on hippo) This is one of the reasons vic is a good wallbreaker. Hes unpredictable due to his massive amounts of coverage moves.

Calcs for focus blast/thunder/glaciate damage: (note mons must be weakened)
252 SpA Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 284-336 (74.3 - 87.9%) -- 6.3% chance to
OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Victini Glaciate vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Garchomp: 304-360 (85.1 - 100.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Victini Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 292-344 (72.4 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Victini Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 240-284 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Safety Vest (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Azumarill serves as the main answer to opposing sand and revenge killer thanks to aqua jet. It takes on the likes of tyranitar and Dragons as well as help weaken things for victini as removing lefties with knock off helps victini remove slower mons later in game. Azumarill helps the team by doing just what a bulky water does take hits and then azu hits back hard. not to mention azumarills typing works great with victini as it hates dark type moves. The sets pretty simple Aqua jet is azus priority move and it hits hard and picks off mons that are low on hp. Play rough is azus strongest move hitting everything not bulky really hard and hits a tons of thing neutrally. Knock off is a really good move on azu becuase it allows azu to remove items off of mons and removing things like lefties on mons with 0 recovery moves or scarfs is huge and has great utility+coverage. Waterfall is azus main water stab that hits the like of heatran, tar and a few other mons. Azu struggles against bulky waters so thats where venu comes in. Who also resists grass and electric type moves.

Large n in charge (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Venusaurs bulk and resistances seriously helps the team out resisting several moves azu and kyub hates so it seemed like a perfect tank to have. Its my best and only answer to azumaril as well as tanks hits from the likes of mega lop really well. Seriously lop cant kill venu lol. On top of this venu Serves as the main knock off absorber for the team and handles the bulky water types. Thanks to thick fat fire type moves and ice type moves are no issue for venu and on top of that i have 2 fire resists already. If the spread looks weird thats becuase it is. Wanted to use a defensive spread but i saw that ferro was a huge issue for the team. Turns out with no investment hp fire does very little damage so i split up the defense and put some into sp.a to get a bit over a 2ohko on ferro which helps. (non invested is a 3 ohko) Giga drain is venus main stab healing itself in the process and hits water, ground and rock types while sludge bomb hits things like faries, serperior hard. Synthesis is more or less a double edge sword on this team that is annoying. Due to how im using sand synthesis is useless while its up but while sands off its a more reliable recovery move then giga drain is. Last is hidden power fire which is used to hit the likes of ferrothorn, scizor/mega as they without hp fire can set up on venu. Should be noted that im working on a way around synthesis by either using somthing else instead of it or doing something about the sand core.

Icicle Crash plz (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

Seeing since the team has 2 fairy resists and a way to properly deal with fighting types and dragons kyurem-black fit the team really well. Hes capable of breaking several mons such as heatran, rotom-w, gliscor(not that big of a issue) and opposing azumarill. Overall his wallbreaking abilities are really needed as well as his power as the team really cant hit that hard otherwise and kyu breaks down mons for the others to finish off. The spread allows kyube to speed creep things like adamant excadrill with no sand, out speed jolly bisharp, bulky charizard-x to name a few. Rest was put into attack to get some more damage with fusion bolt and invested 252 in sp.a. Fusion bolt its for hitting water types such as slowbro,azumaril and flying types like talonflame. Ice beam is stab and hits everything pretty hard while earth power allows kyu to beat the like of rotom-w, heatran, gengar, bronzong and other steels. Last i chose to have roost over substitute as sand will be up quite a bit and sub+lo+sand is way to much damage to take so roost was chosen to allow kyu to stay alive longer and to deal with lo+sand damage. You can run hp fire over roost if you like if ferros a huge issue for you.

Nibblesnarf (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

My team was pretty weak to rock type moves and while venusaur could take a hit or two i needed a resist as well as a answer to bird spam other wise talon would destroy this team. Hippo is the teams secondairy wall as well as the teams hazzards setter. Hippo thanks to its great bulk is capable of walling a lot of the physical attackers in the teir that dont have ice, grass or water type coverage. The spread allows hippo to take on physical attacks really well while investing some of its evs in its sp.def to take special moves better. I chose to use leftovers over the smooth rock mostly because of victini and venu as vics thunder and venus synthesis is near useless in the sand which could prove to be problematic. As for moves Earthquake is hippos stab that hits pretty hard with no investment while stone edge is mostly used for hitting specific pokemon such as talonflame who beats hippo if hes missing rock slide/stone edge(stall breaker talon stalls it to death while sd sets up on hippo). Next slack off is used for hippos main recovery allowing him to shrug off those brave birds from talon and watch the sand+recoil damage rack up. Stealth rock is the hazzard of choice for the team allowing mons like victini, excadrill or azumarill crucial kos....then again what pokemon hates chip damage?

You Spin Me (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Swords Dance / Return
- Rapid Spin

Last but not least we go excadrill. Exadrill serves as the teams hazzard remover as well as a late game cleaner assuming drill can last to the end of the match with hippo. Excadrills services as a spinner are extremely helpful because Victini and kyurem take a ton of hazzard damage each time they come in which can seriously limit what they can do in a match. Adamant nature was chosen becuase it allows drill to hit really hard while still out speeding the entire un-boosted metagame which is huge for this team due to how slow it is. Excadrill mostly is used when sand is up and drill is going to scare a mon out as that gives him either a free sd or a free chance to remove hazzards. Anyways i slashed swords dance on rock slide in case you dont really care about getting walled by talon or rotom-w. I also slashed return because that is a thing. It hits rotom-w harder then rock slide does.(Calcs bellow) Finally we have rapid spin as drills last move and its really important for the team to function at its best as without hazard control it limits victini and kyu-black.

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Return vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 116-136 (38.2 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 86-101 (28.3 - 33.3%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Anyways that's the team. Overall it pretty good besides the obvious problems with thunder,synthesis and nothing to resist ground type moves but despite these flaws its a pretty neat team. If you really hate thunder on vic run thunder bolt. Other possibilities for the 0 ground resist thing is to use rotom-w over azu and try to fit a clefable somewhere.

Neko (Victini) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Glaciate

Safety Vest (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Large n in charge (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Icicle Crash plz (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

Nibblesnarf (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

You Spin Me (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Threat list:
landorus-incarnate
scarf kyurem-black

Replays:
Coming Soon​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)