ORAS OU Victory is Assured! Victini OU Team

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Hey guys! LucarioOfLegends here. And today, I present my team based around the V-Wheelin' Pokemon herself, Victini!

upload_2016-8-28_17-55-43.png
Fire Star (Victini) @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate
- Energy Ball
If you could guess by now, Victini is on my team as my main wall breaker. Victory Star gives multiple moves throughout the team near-perfect accuracy, including Victini's. V-Create is the strongest non-sacrifical move in the entire series so far, and is the main STAB of the set. Really, the other three moves are coverage that get perfect or near perfect accuracy via Victory Star. The current spread of EV's and Life Orb maximizing attacking ability.

upload_2016-8-28_18-11-7.png
Playboy (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
Mega-Lopunny is an awesome Pokemon I have always wanted to use in the metagame, and it synergizes well with Victini, since Lopunny covers Victini's dark weakness, and Victini gives perfect accuracy to High Jump Kick and deals with bulkier Pokemon Lopunny can't break through. High Jump Kick, as stated earlier, gets perfect accuracy from Victory Star and deals massive amounts of damage on hit. Return is secondary STAB and is used when something resists High Jump Kick. Fake Out is guaranteed to give me the Mega and also acts as free damage. Ice Punch fill the last slot as coverage for what the STAB cant hit neutrally.

upload_2016-8-28_18-23-38.png
Spin Cycle (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Rotom-W was added to this team to fix a problem with Water types that Victini had. Acting as my pivot, Rotom-W helps get the previous two into their respective roles. Volt Switch is STAB that keeps momentum while helping other Pokes on the team. Hydro Pump is the alternative against Ground types, and gets 88% accuracy with Victory Star. Will-O-Wisp is to cripple Physical Sweepers with burns. Finally, Pain Split is recovery that also eats the opposing pokemon's health. All in all, a standard Rotom Wash Set.

upload_2016-8-28_18-32-2.png
Necro (Umbreon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play
Easily the hardest part of this team was finding a cleric. I didn't feel that Clefable was quite right for the team, so I went down to UU and picked up this little fella'. Umbreon is able to Wish pass to itself and other Pokemon, Cure Status with Heal Bell, and tank with its immense bulk. The first three moves are pretty standard: Wish for healing purposes, Protect for scouting and free Wishes, and Heal Bell for curing status. Foul Play is to not become Taunt fodder, and to use setup against them. Finally, Synchronize adds more salt in the opponent by giving back poison and burns that Heal Bell can easily remove.

upload_2016-8-28_18-39-54.png
Drill! (Excadrill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
Realizing my lack of Fairy coverage and hazard control, I put Excadrill on my team. Not only can he spin away rocks and set his own, but Excadrill has two handy immunities that he can switch into at any point in the match. E-Quake is his main STAB, and deals with any foes that may trouble him. Iron Head is secondary STAB, deals with Fairies, and the flinch chance is always nice too. Rapid Spin removes opposing hazards on his side of the field. Stealth Rock is quite obvious, to get chip damage on the enemy.

upload_2016-8-28_18-59-6.png
Storm God (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
Last but not least, Thundurus fits onto the team as coverage and extra offensive power. I LOVE this thing. It can switch into a multitude of threats, and punish them greatly. Thunder Wave is nearly guaranteed to go first due to Prankster, and cripples Pokemon that rely on their precious Speed Stat. Thunderbolt is STAB, punishing anything that predicts wrong. The last two slots are coverage, Grass Knot getting Ground types like Swampert, Quagsire, and Hippowdon, and Focus Blast Hitting near everthing else, while getting a Victory Star boost.

Critique is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Hi LucarioOfLegends! Just so you are aware, Victini's Victory Star ability is only in effect while Victini is on the field. Ergo, in single battles, only Victini will benefit from the accuracy boost. Serebii and Bulbapedia have sort of awkward wording when describing the ability which is where I'm guessing this your misunderstanding came from.

Cool team. Since you was already warned that victini's ability doesn't helps teammates, i have some suggestions. First and most important: Clefable > Umbreon the reason is that your team lacks switch to Fighting types, 3 weakness and 2 resistences that doesn't appreciate switching every time is a big flaw. For this reason i think Clefable Unware cleric phas a better synergy with your team. I'm going to give sets later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)