Pokémon Vikavolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
(First post here, so take it with a grain of salt)
Would choice scarf work on this guy to make him more viable (outside of Trick Room at least, he seems like he could be a great partner for Reuniclus or Bronzong.)? Specs seems like it'll only make its already monstrous special attack more effective, but it doesn't really seem to have the special bulk (or physical bulk if they get lucky with a stone miss) to tank a hit if it gets outsped. Sure, it's still going to be outpaced by faster mons but it'll at least be able to cut in front of the rock or ground types that might have OHKOd it before it can take a bite out of their health.

Hey all! First ever post here on Smogon (long time lurker) :D

You could run String Shot and (maybe Buginium-Z to get a +1 speed boost) and treat your foes with -2 speed. If I've done my calculations right you should pretty much out-speed most everything on your second turn (if you can survive that long).

Set might look something like:

Vikavolt @ Buginium-Z / Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def, 252 SpA, 252 Spd
-Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
-Bug Buzz
-Flash Cannon
-String Shot

Just for a level 50 comparison:

Modest Vikavolt, 252 Spd EVs and +1 Spd = 95 base speed * 1.5 = 142.5 base speed
Versus
Jolly Aerodactyle 252 Spd EVs and -2 Speed = 200 base speed * .5 = 100 base speed
Timid Mega Alakazam ends up at around 111 base speed.

Again, you have to survive the first turn AND successfully land String Shot (which does have 95 accuracy). Set-up support and/or cleric might go well with this guy.

EDIT: Totally forgot natures but it's nice to know that Vikavolt can potentially still out-speed everything with a Modest nature.

Last edited:
Hey all! First ever post here on Smogon (long time lurker) :D

You could run String Shot and (maybe Buginium-Z to get a +1 speed boost) and treat your foes with -2 speed. If I've done my calculations right you should pretty much out-speed most everything on your second turn (if you can survive that long).

Set might look something like:

Vikavolt @ Buginium-Z / Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Def, 252 SpA, 252 Spd
-Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
-Bug Buzz
-Flash Cannon
-String Shot

Just for a level 50 comparison:

Modest Vikavolt, 252 Spd EVs and +1 Spd = 95 base speed * 1.5 = 142.5 base speed
Versus
Jolly Aerodactyle 252 Spd EVs and -2 Speed = 200 base speed * .5 = 100 base speed
Timid Mega Alakazam ends up at around 111 base speed.

Again, you have to survive the first turn AND successfully land String Shot (which does have 95 accuracy). Set-up support and/or cleric might go well with this guy.

EDIT: Totally forgot natures but it's nice to know that Vikavolt can potentially still out-speed everything with a Modest nature.
Interesting in concept, but does this set do anything Z-Electric Terrain Xurkitree (or even Z-Rain Dance Manaphy) can't?

Interesting in concept, but does this set do anything Z-Electric Terrain Xurkitree (or even Z-Rain Dance Manaphy) can't?
From a bit of research the only similarities I can see between Z-Rain Dance Manaphy, Z-Electric terrain Xurkitree, and Z-String Shot Vikavolt are the SpA focused builds and the ability to get +1 Speed from their respective moves.

What I'm not seeing from Manaphy or Xurkitree is the ability to inflict -2 Speed on BOTH of your opponents in doubles. Vikavolt is able to use one move in String Shot to swing momentum and gain speed advantage on the field (possibly force switches at the same time) and become a very powerful special sweeper.

This of course is probably putting too much emphasis on a rather fragile Pokémon and it may not OHKO anything useful but it's fun to dream :) btw thanks for the reply FierceDiety1!

Last edited:
From a bit of research the only similarities I can see between Z-Rain Dance Manaphy, Z-Electric terrain Xurkitree, and Z-String Shot Vikavolt are the SpA focused builds and the ability to get +1 Speed from their respective moves.

What I'm not seeing from Manaphy or Xurkitree is the ability to inflict -2 Speed on BOTH of your opponents in doubles. Vikavolt is able to use one move in String Shot to swing momentum and gain speed advantage on the field (possibly force switches at the same time) and become a very powerful special sweeper.

This of course is probably putting too much emphasis on a rather fragile Pokémon and it may not OHKO anything useful but it's fun to dream :) btw thanks for the reply FierceDiety1!
Assuming your math is correct, that's probably one of the better implementations for a Z-Move I've seen. Granted I'm not sure how well this strat would work in singles as you would need a very advantageous setup to use it. In doubles however I could see this being pulled off a lot easier.

I'd also drop Flash Cannon for HP Ground. You get the same coverage on rock but also get the extra SE hit on Fire. Granted you lose some oomf but at 145 SpA it'll still hit pretty hard.

This thing has Roost, unique resists and Levitate, why is there no defensive set for it?
Guess it didn't occur to me. The defensive set would be something like this, I suppose:
Vikavolt @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Roost
- Volt Switch
good pivot

Does anyone know if there's anything important for Vikavolt to outspeed with 0 investment? I'm trying a Vikavolt set out, and I'm considering running absolute minimum speed (0 IVs, 0 EVs, hindering nature) so that I can use Vikavolt to respond to Trick Room teams.

At level 100:
With 31 IVs/0 EVs and neutral nature, it has 122 speed.
With 0 IVs/0 EVs and hindering nature, it has 81 speed.

Are there any important mons in the middle of this range that Vik needs to outspeed? Because if not, I'll definitely go absolute min speed to give my team a Trick Room answer.

EDIT: So I did the math, and since regular Vikavolt has base speed 43, it has an effective base speed of 22.5 when running min speed. This means that min-speed Vik loses the ability to outspeed uninvested mons with base speed of 23-42 and loses the ability to speed tie against other base 43s. In exchange, it can outslow min-speed mons with a base speed of 65-44, and slow-tie against min-speed base 43s.

Only counting the Alola dex (i.e. no pokebank mons), these are the pokemon whom min-speed Vikavolt will lose the ability to outspeed:
Gigalith, Shiinotic, Wishiwashi, Reuniclus, Bastiodon, Slowking, Slowbro, Snorlax, Sudowoodo, Parasect, Carracosta, Palossand, Mudsdale, Toxapex, Corsola, Drampa, Turtonator, Gastrodon, Dhelmise, Golisopod, Probopass, Rhyperior, Ariados, Rhydon, and Araquanid. (It also no longer speed ties with Guzzlord, Crabominable, or other Vikavolts who share a base speed of 43.)
*Bolded mons have a usage of 3% or higher according to the November usage stats, which means they are at or near OU-level usage (3.41%) and are more likely to be encountered.

In exchange for being outsped by these mons under normal circumstances, min-speed Vikavolt can now out-slow the following min-speed mons under Trick Room:
Lurantis, Gumshoos, Conkeldurr, Alolan-Marowak, Alolan-Exeggutor, Alolan-Golem, Wigglytuff, Carbink, Eelektross, Sableye, Hariyama, Piloswine, Azumarill, Chansey, Alolan-Muk, Relicanth, Blissey, Machamp, Magearna, Porygon2, and Oranguru. (It is also able to slow-tie against min-speed Crabominable, Guzzlord, and Vikavolt.)
*Bolded mons are the ones I can recall facing often in Trick Room teams. (This is not an objective measurement.)

There are important mons either way, so it's a matter of preference. You can also go somewhere in between 0 IVs/hindering and 31 IVs/neutral to customize which mons you lose/gain the ability to outspeed. (For example, by dropping to 29 IVs and running a neutral nature, Vikavolt out-slows Magearna under Trick Room and drops to a speed tie vs Araquanid, without losing the ability to outspeed uninvested base 41s and lower.)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there's anything important for Vikavolt to outspeed with 0 investment? I'm trying a Vikavolt set out, and I'm considering running absolute minimum speed (0 IVs, 0 EVs, hindering nature) so that I can use Vikavolt to respond to Trick Room teams.

At level 100:
With 31 IVs/0 EVs and neutral nature, it has 122 speed.
With 0 IVs/0 EVs and hindering nature, it has 81 speed.

Are there any important mons in the middle of this range that Vik needs to outspeed? Because if not, I'll definitely go absolute min speed to give my team a Trick Room answer.
Everything from base 65 speed to base 44. Don't know which mons are used in trick room teams, but first on that list I see is Magearna (bulbapedia), that is bound to be important.

Would it be good to run 196 HP/252+ Sp. Atk./60 Spe on Vikavolt, to edge out base 50s? It is a common speed tier for the slow and bulky, so I was thinking why not?

This thing has Roost, unique resists and Levitate, why is there no defensive set for it?
Guess it didn't occur to me. The defensive set would be something like this, I suppose:
Vikavolt @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Roost
- Volt Switch
good pivot
Here no but in the NU spec meta defensive vika has gotten very nice praise for its ability to be a long term fighting/steel and to an extent Ground check.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...read-read-post-48.3587371/page-2#post-7103893

ksr15 said:
Some good partners (from all tiers) might be Tapu Koko because of the free electric terrain...
According to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Levitate_(Ability) it would appear that because of levitate, Vikavolt is not able to take advantage of any terrain unfortunately.

It does however have some synergy with some of the new weather setters (Pelipper and A-Ninetails specifically) which appear to be popular right now and will probably stick around for a while and shape the future meta. With access to screens and a slow volt-turn it is able to set up a relatively safe switch in to your weather setter (you're still vulnerable to stealth rock though as it doesn't have access to rapid spin or defog). It also has access to Thunder (rain) or Solarbeam (sun). Set might look something like:

Vikavolt @ Leftovers / Focus Sash
Ability Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpA
Bold Nature
-Volt Switch
-Reflect / Light Screen
-Thunder / Solarbeam / Bug Buzz
-Roost / Fill

Leftovers allows recovery if you forego roost and Focus Sash helps you to set up at least one of your screens (which will stack with Aurora Veil from A-Ninetails). EVs and natures are to help defend against moves that may threaten your partner (can also spec for SpDef if needed).

Additionally, I've been looking at this little guy. Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this but did not see a dedicated page to post. As such I'll try not to go TOO in depth.

With some crazy base defenses and a good attack stat, Charjabug has the potential to be a great partner for doubles. With Eviolite this little guy ends up with base Def of 143 and Special Def of 113. I'm liking it as a counter to Pelipper.

Charjabug @ Eviolite
Ability: Battery
EVs: 252 HP, 164 Atk or SpAtk, 92 SpDef
Nature: Careful / Calm
-Spark / Volt Switch / Thunderbolt / Wild Charge
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-String Shot / Electro Web / Protect

It's ability is a slightly less powerful version of helping hand for special attacks (increases damage by 30%). Spark or Volt Switch depending on how you would like to focus offensively. I prefer String Shot as it is fantastic for doubles since it hits both opponents through protect.

Now for the fun part: damage calculations! :D (below is with Rain on the field and are calculated for doubles)

Cafeful:
164 Atk Charjabug Spark vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 112-136 (67 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
164 Atk Charjabug Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 156-184 (93.4 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Calm:
164 SpA Charjabug Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Pelipper: 132-156 (79 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
164 SpA Charjabug Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Pelipper: 168-196 (100.5 - 117.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Pelipper Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 92+ SpD Eviolite Charjabug: 52-63 (31.7 - 38.4%) -- 94.6% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Pelipper Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 92+ SpD Eviolite Charjabug: 79-94 (48.1 - 57.3%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:
Hello

I'm fairly new to competitive pokemon, until ORAS I didn't really understood all the little mechanics underneath what I believed to be a very simple game.
This generation it will be my first time seriously trying to breed a good team and EV train my pokemon properly and use strategy and the like.
I've been looking to put a vikavolt on my team and stumbled upon this forum as I was looking for inspiration.

So far Vikavolt's strengths to me seem to be its typing and its great special attack, and his biggest weakness being his bad speed.

So I had this build in mind after reading through this forum and seeing the other builds
This will be more focused on bulkiness than on speed

Vikavolt @ Shell Bell / Assault Vest
Ability Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA, distribute the rest over Def and SpD
Bold / Relaxed / Modest nature
-Roost / Volt Switch / Rain Dance / Flash Cannon
-Thunderbolt / Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball

First I'll explain the possible item choices:
Shell Bell:
Shell Bell instead of leftovers because Vikavolt's HP isn't all that great while he will do loads of damage so in theory with an all out attacking build Shell Bell will do more for you than Leftovers
Assault Vest:
If you put most of your EVs in Defense you can then wear the Assault Vest to boost your Special Defense.
(I originally wanted to run Roost with this but I forgot that Assault Vest prevents you from using Roost, so this probably isn't good at all)

Moves:
Bug Buzz for STAB
Energy Ball for type coverage against
Thunderbolt for STAB
Roost because I'm an idiot and a newb (lol)
Volt Switch:
This is for when shit hits the fan and you need to get out but you know you can survive a hit and can still do some decent damage. Switching out normally might of course be better.
Flash Cannon for even more type coverage along with Energy Ball
Rain Dance + Thunder combo:
I normally hate thunder, or inaccurate moves in general, because it's so unreliable. This is of course removed by Rain Dance and Rain Dance also weakens fire type moves, making you take
50% less damage from fire type moves, effectively leaving you with only a weakness to rock types.
The only bad thing about this is that Rain Dance doesn't trigger Shell Bell so maybe you want to put EVs in HP instead and run leftovers (but then Roost might be better for you)

I'd like to get some feedback on this build and opinions on what the EV spread should be and what the ideal nature would be.

Hello

I'm fairly new to competitive pokemon, until ORAS I didn't really understood all the little mechanics underneath what I believed to be a very simple game.
This generation it will be my first time seriously trying to breed a good team and EV train my pokemon properly and use strategy and the like.
I've been looking to put a vikavolt on my team and stumbled upon this forum as I was looking for inspiration.

So far Vikavolt's strengths to me seem to be its typing and its great special attack, and his biggest weakness being his bad speed.

So I had this build in mind after reading through this forum and seeing the other builds
This will be more focused on bulkiness than on speed

Vikavolt @ Shell Bell / Assault Vest
Ability Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA, distribute the rest over Def and SpD
Bold / Relaxed / Modest nature
-Roost / Volt Switch / Rain Dance / Flash Cannon
-Thunderbolt / Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball

First I'll explain the possible item choices:
Shell Bell:
Shell Bell instead of leftovers because Vikavolt's HP isn't all that great while he will do loads of damage so in theory with an all out attacking build Shell Bell will do more for you than Leftovers
Assault Vest:
If you put most of your EVs in Defense you can then wear the Assault Vest to boost your Special Defense.
(I originally wanted to run Roost with this but I forgot that Assault Vest prevents you from using Roost, so this probably isn't good at all)

Moves:
Bug Buzz for STAB
Energy Ball for type coverage against
Thunderbolt for STAB
Roost because I'm an idiot and a newb (lol)
Volt Switch:
This is for when shit hits the fan and you need to get out but you know you can survive a hit and can still do some decent damage. Switching out normally might of course be better.
Flash Cannon for even more type coverage along with Energy Ball
Rain Dance + Thunder combo:
I normally hate thunder, or inaccurate moves in general, because it's so unreliable. This is of course removed by Rain Dance and Rain Dance also weakens fire type moves, making you take
50% less damage from fire type moves, effectively leaving you with only a weakness to rock types.
The only bad thing about this is that Rain Dance doesn't trigger Shell Bell so maybe you want to put EVs in HP instead and run leftovers (but then Roost might be better for you)

I'd like to get some feedback on this build and opinions on what the EV spread should be and what the ideal nature would be.
Shell Bell isn't that good of an item. The recovery is pitiful even for KOs and the loss in power is very noticable on the rest. Assault Vest is definitely the superior choice, and you can also use a slow Volt Switch to pivot in safely frail mons to gain momentum and/or weather/terrain setters (Rain comes to mind so you can use 100% accurate Thunders). I suggest most of your EVs to be put on HP if you go for Assault Vest. Its defense is actually solid enough and if you invest in HP you can sponge both special and physical hits (but more on the special side). If you really want Roost, then Leftovers is perfectly viable, and may I also suggest Life Orb. You should invest on defenses alone and not HP only if you use draining moves (like leech seed) in conjunction with leftovers or big root and/or things like ingrain, in this kind of dedicated set. But investing on defenses to combat a very specific threat is a perfectly reasonable strategy. A +special attack -speed nature would be ideal to combat trick room teams. Modest with a few speed EVs to speed creep specific mons is also viable. With only roost as a support move, I dont see the point to run anything other than a +special attack nature. Personally i like the Assault Vest coupled with Volt Switch strategy (dont underestimate the usefulness of a slow switch-in!), and damp rock/leftovers with rain dance thunder u-turn and roost with a -speed nature is also a nice secondary rain setter for rain teams (this one doesnt need full special attack investment and u-turn is so you are not denied the switch).

Shell Bell isn't that good of an item. The recovery is pitiful even for KOs and the loss in power is very noticable on the rest. Assault Vest is definitely the superior choice, and you can also use a slow Volt Switch to pivot in safely frail mons to gain momentum and/or weather/terrain setters (Rain comes to mind so you can use 100% accurate Thunders). I suggest most of your EVs to be put on HP if you go for Assault Vest. Its defense is actually solid enough and if you invest in HP you can sponge both special and physical hits (but more on the special side). If you really want Roost, then Leftovers is perfectly viable, and may I also suggest Life Orb. You should invest on defenses alone and not HP only if you use draining moves (like leech seed) in conjunction with leftovers or big root and/or things like ingrain, in this kind of dedicated set. But investing on defenses to combat a very specific threat is a perfectly reasonable strategy. A +special attack -speed nature would be ideal to combat trick room teams. Modest with a few speed EVs to speed creep specific mons is also viable. With only roost as a support move, I dont see the point to run anything other than a +special attack nature. Personally i like the Assault Vest coupled with Volt Switch strategy (dont underestimate the usefulness of a slow switch-in!), and damp rock/leftovers with rain dance thunder u-turn and roost with a -speed nature is also a nice secondary rain setter for rain teams (this one doesnt need full special attack investment and u-turn is so you are not denied the switch).
I'm not a huge fan of using a life orb on something that is so squishy and slow, it seems to me like if i would survive a hit i would likely kill myself with the first attack.
also not a big fan of your u-turn suggestion as it is physical and bug buzz is so good.

Just one question, if I were to do the assault vest build with volt switch what nature would you recommend?
Of course a -speed nature for trick rooms, otherwise a -attack nature, but I'm unsure if i want +defense, +SpD or a +SpA nature

Either way thanks for your feedback :D

I'm not a huge fan of using a life orb on something that is so squishy and slow, it seems to me like if i would survive a hit i would likely kill myself with the first attack.
also not a big fan of your u-turn suggestion as it is physical and bug buzz is so good.

Just one question, if I were to do the assault vest build with volt switch what nature would you recommend?
Of course a -speed nature for trick rooms, otherwise a -attack nature, but I'm unsure if i want +defense, +SpD or a +SpA nature

I'd set the nature to +SpA personally, you get more value and you won't need any EV invest in SpA after that.

I'd like to say it isn't squishy at all, but there's no way one can ignore the glaring stealth rock weakness this thing has. But for the scenario you are describing, LO is the second best item it could have IMO, and since it is too slow to score a roost, leftovers and your initial item of choice wont do nothing to help it with their meager recovery. At least you could nab a KO with the power boost and get 1-1. The best is without a question (for scenario purposes) choice specs, that I dislike using since I dont play hyper offense.

U-turn is not negotiable on the set i proposed (...you...could...use....volt-switch, but_id_suffer), and thunder is better if you get the rain up, thats what the set is all about after all.

Bug Buzz can be very good though against Kartana (resists both stabs and fighting coverage) since it is its only move that can KO it without fail in a no Specs(thunderbolt KOs)/LO(dint check that one) set, and can work especially well in rain teams against bulky grasses too. Energy Ball in conjunction with levitate for ground-waters X4 damage is also crazy useful. Speaking of Kartana, another mon that is walled by Vikavolt is Pheromosa, also with crappy SpD and bulk. If you use your team in OU environment it might not be a bad idea to run a little bit physical bulk, nature or whatnot, to tank their hits better, if your team needs it. But personally Max +SpA is what Id run yeah.

Edit: Just realized Brave Bird is neutral on Vikavolt and Flash Cannon in neutral on Tapu Koko. Messing up electric resists.

Last edited:
I'd like to say it isn't squishy at all, but there's no way one can ignore the glaring stealth rock weakness this thing has. But for the scenario you are describing, LO is the second best item it could have IMO, and since it is too slow to score a roost, leftovers and your initial item of choice wont do nothing to help it with their meager recovery. At least you could nab a KO with the power boost and get 1-1. The best is without a question (for scenario purposes) choice specs, that I dislike using since I dont play hyper offense.

U-turn is not negotiable on the set i proposed (...you...could...use....volt-switch, but_id_suffer), and thunder is better if you get the rain up, thats what the set is all about after all.

Bug Buzz can be very good though against Kartana (resists both stabs and fighting coverage) since it is its only move that can KO it without fail in a no Specs(thunderbolt KOs)/LO(dint check that one) set, and can work especially well in rain teams against bulky grasses too. Energy Ball in conjunction with levitate for ground-waters X4 damage is also crazy useful. Speaking of Kartana, another mon that is walled by Vikavolt is Pheromosa, also with crappy SpD and bulk. If you use your team in OU environment it might not be a bad idea to run a little bit physical bulk, nature or whatnot, to tank their hits better, if your team needs it. But personally Max +SpA is what Id run yeah.

Edit: Just realized Brave Bird is neutral on Vikavolt and Flash Cannon in neutral on Tapu Koko. Messing up electric resists.
I figured that volt switch wouldn't ever really be denied because i can just take out the ground types with energy ball but i suppose there are some ground dual types that are damaged normally by grass so for the Rain Dance build U-turn might indeed be a safer option.

Theoretically, with such good Sp.Atk and really bad speed. A Specs set with Modest or TR sweeper comes to mind. The other viable set is Agility with Timid to patch your speed.

For coverage other than HP, it has Energy Ball, Flash Cannon, Air Slash and Mud Shot which are decent options. Energy Ball hits hard Ground types trying to capitalize on a Volt Switch. Air Slash hits Kommo-O which walls you, though it has limited use outside of niche targets. Flash Cannon destroys Diancie and A-Ninetales though it has very limited use outside these targets. Mud Shot sounds like a terrible idea. though it's decent for slowing switch ins and hitting both A-Marowak and Magnezone super effectively which otherwise wall you. As for Hidden Powers, I'm thinking Ice is the most viable on Vikabolt. Fire and Ground are decent alternative options. Ice provides that sweet VoltBeam coverage. Fire smacks Scizor and Ferrothorn. Ground does the same as Mud Shot, though slightly more powerful and doesn't miss.

Vikabolt is too frail and slow to use Roost effectively. It works best either as a slow, hard hitting Sp. attacker or a decent sweeper with Agility

Edit: I see someone discussed a defensive set with Roost being possibly solid in the future NU meta if it gets laden with Fighting and Ground types. Silly me, I overlooked Vikabolt's nice resistances.

Last edited:
To be honest, if I didn't have a Bug on my team(-to-be) already, I'd seriously consider Vikavolt. It has much better coverage than Xurkitree, while yes having less base Speed and raw power. Which is why the Focus Sash+Agility idea intrigues me. Like many Pokemon this gen, Vikavolt shines best in Doubles, though it does still have an interesting use in Singles. Its low speed isn't a problem necessarily either, it's just looked at badly on first glance since Xurkitree came out in the same Gen and this game's been so Speed heavy. I wouldn't say it's exactly OU material thanks to Xurkitree just existing, but I wouldn't put it lower than UU either. Since both of its weaknesses to Rock and Fire can be countered through Water, as long as you have a strong Water type backing it up to get rid of threats, like Starmie or Blastoise, I see Vikavolt doing well.

Galvantula is trash; it does nothing but set up Webs and die. If I want Webs I run Shuckle since it can also set up Stealth Rock and Encore stuff before actually dying, plus having Sturdy means it can hold Mental Herb to bypass a Taunt. Even then Sticky Web as a playstyle has issues.
I wouldn't say Galvantula is trash as I have more times than I can count have my Galvantula take out 2-3 mons by itself as a suicide lead. Done it in UU and OU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)