1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Vineon's Battling Retirement Thread

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Vineon, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Vineon

Vineon Fleurdelysé
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Since I pretty much don’t battle anymore outside of randbats format and theres a chance I might not again; I thought about posting my record against the smogon regulars I faced through my career for nostalgia purposes.. All records taken from my wonderful pokemon record sheet that I basically started the day I started pokemon online on the PBS, to netbattle :).

Yes you probably don’t give a fuck especially if we never battled so feel free to hit the back button. I still felt like posting this anyway!! :D

I pretty much only put in the people I battled that I know post here.

Acura 2-0
    RUSA Win 6-4
    RUSA Win 2-0
    I rock your world, Eric Hayes.
    In the first game you quit early when basically your venusaur missed with sleep powder 3 times in a row :(. In won the second match 2-0 in December of 2004, which is pretty much when I started dating matches.

Andii56 5-4
    GSC Win 4-0
    GSC Loss 0-4
    GSC Loss 0-5
    GSC Win 3-1
    GSC Win 5-3
    RUSA Loss 0-1
    RUSA Win 5-0
    RUSA Win 3-0
    We had sort of a cool gsc netbattle legacy, all these GSC matches were pretty much me using gsc theme teams, which I loved to use on netbattle. Matches worth mentioning are the first in which I used my Christmas team to beat you and getting 2 kills with delibird, the 0-6 loss to you where apparently you owned my King theme team with UU and the 5-0 RS battle in which you used beat up Houndoom and lost to my ninjask/exploud combo. At the end..
    I still end with a winning record against you .

Articuno64 1-1
    RUSA Loss 0-3
    RUSA Win 3-0
    Of course you remember our first match, it was in the Marble Palace Gemmatic Tournament and you and Celia scouted my team >:O! You totally fucked me up with blaziken and SPARK whiscash which I had no clue what it could do. I remember nothing about the 2nd match but I am glad to see I evened up the score. It is a shame we never RBY battled.

chaos 1-6
    RUSA Win 3-0
    RUSA Loss 0-6
    RUSA Loss 0-4
    RUSA Loss 1-3
    RUSA Loss 4-5
    RUSA Loss 0-6
    RUSA Loss 0-2
    God you own my ass….. you and MrE are by far the 2 people that have the best record against me (0-5 against MrE)…. Aside from that ONE win I got at the beginning when you were pretty much giving rs its first shot on Netbattle and I took advantage of it, you basically always kicked my ass. In my second battle against you, you apparently stoped cold one of my best winning streak with a baton pass team. Then I pretty much always continued to suck against you.. The last battle was great though, it was in round 3 of the first smogon official tournament and it really came down to the last move.. it was one of the greatest battle I've had.

Crazy Starwolf 4-6
    RUSA Win 5-0
    RUSA Loss 0-2
    GSC Win 5-0
    RUSA Win 6-5
    RUSA Loss 0-2
    RUSA Loss 3-5
    RUSA Loss 0-5
    RUSA Loss 3-5
    GSC Loss 3-4
    RUSA Win 5-0
    It is a shame I started with a 3-1 record against you only to then lose 5 straight….. however… it doesn’t matter at the end.. as I still won the last match between us ;D. Pretty much it sums up to my C gsc team and clefable getting a sweep in our first gsc match against your regular team and then you owning my ass everytime for a while. I recall you said you once beat me when in a hurry and half asleep or something .

Fish 2-2
    RBY Loss 0-1
    RBY Win 3-0
    GSC Loss 0-4
    GSC Win 6-0
    Lol… those 2 rby battles probably happened at the end of 2001 or early 2002, they are really old…. I battled you twice on the same tournament, losing to you first in round 6 in the winners bracket when you kicked my ass with several exploders, and then after making my way back to you to the finales, winning with luck against pretty much an UU team of yours… You actually had me beat with Focus Energy Hyper Beam machamp until starmie got a lucky freeze to put back the match in my favour. I also remember that last match, when you tested my gsc abilities to be in your team for sneak4, after losing you pretty much told me it wasn’t anything amazing as you didn’t try and all, it sort of hurt me :(.

goofball 8-2
    GSC Loss 1-2
    GSC Win 4-0
    GSC Win 3-0
    GSC Win 5-0
    GSC Win 1-0
    GSC Win 5-0
    GSC Win 5-0
    GSC Win 5-0
    RUSA Win 1-0
    RUSA Loss 2-5
    Ok now I fucking own you, eeveedude… after I guess I weirdly lost my first match using an eevee team, I pretty much raped the shit out of your all the time afterwards, beating you in a couple of tournaments like the Furret Cup, the Kabuto Kup and the Golden Girls Tournament, whatever that was. Ok you won the last match decisively but it doesn’t make up for 8 straight losses :p.

Green Pikachu 2-2
    RBY Loss ?-?
    RBY Win 5-4
    RBY Win 4-0
    RBY Loss 0-2
    I saw you started posting here so I’ll post my record against you I guess! First 2 matches were in the SST, the first rby tournament I won :D, you beat me in the first and I kicked ass in the losers bracket and beat everyone afterwards, including you again. Guess what.. it ended 5-4 because you quit! These are actually all tournament battles, the other 2 being in the IMUT (I have no clue what that was) and the tag team Venonat Noober Pympz tourmanet thing.

Hipmonlee 6-7
    RBY Win 3-0
    RBY Win 3-0
    RBY Win 1-0
    RBY Win 3-0
    RBY Loss 0-5
    GSC Loss 0-3
    RBY Loss 0-1
    GSC Loss 0-2
    RUSA Loss 0-3
    RBY Win 2-0
    RUSA Win 4-0
    RUSA Loss 3-5
    RUSA Loss 3-5
    Hip.. man.. I enjoyed our pokemon rivalry a huge lot and it turns out you edged me at the end by one win … I still 5-2 you at rby though which grants me bragging rights . We always won by streaks it seems, I won 4, you won 5, I won 2 you won 2 and we battled in a freakload of tournaments.. like in that monotype tournament when I beat your rock team with a fighting team, that grass monotype thing you eventually won, that freaking close win in that stage 1 tournament that came down to the last move when your haunter woke up JUST in time.. …… also that time when you owned my slowbro with a rhydon ONE ON ONE and where berserk gene tauros did the rest… that first RS battle between us… who also happened to be YOUR first ever rs match.. and I freaking lost that… that Dweedle Cup win in which I used 2 amnesiaers to beat you :D and that relatively recent loss where you beat me in an uu match with szizor and Persian in cs’s uu tourney..
    We’ve had awesome wars :)

Icicle Knight 1-1
    GSC Win 6-0
    RUSA Loss 3-4
    Wow I have matches against you? Pretty much all that’s noted about them is that I swept with kangaskhan in the first and you apparently got a “fgt ch on my gyarados” in the second. Lol Last one actually apparently happened in july last year, which isn’t too far back yet I remember nothing about it .

Justin8649 6-3
    RBY Win 3-0
    RBY Loss 0-2
    RBY Win 2-0
    GSC Win 6-0
    RUSA Loss 0-4
    GSC Win 6-0
    GSC Win 2-0
    GSC Win 5-0
    RBY Loss 0-2
    So everytime you win, I win twice, that’s what there is to remember from that record :D. First 3 battles are tournament matches in red’s tournament and the monkey league… I remember you told me you were new in that first match to totally blow me off my mindset… but it didnt work :D! Then came the freaking I QUIT gsc match hahahaha, fuck man, that match and its stipulation was awesome… whoever was losing had to leave pokemon online forever… of course.. that didn’t happen but you did leave for a while and it gave celia and a few others quite a scare . I won that match with luck though when my curselax beat yours with a CH . After that we’ve had a RUSA match in which you beat me with a REST gardevoir and a couple of UU matches… then you beat me pretty recently in a smogon weekly tournament thing back in like October. I still am 4-0 in gsc against you .

lugiastorm 3-2
    RUSA Loss 0-4
    RUSA Win 4-0
    RUSA Loss ?-?
    GSC Win 4-0
    RBY Win 3-0
    Uh…you will remember one of these 2 rs losses, probably the second one, you pretty much luckfucked me to the point I sent you a voice clip about the result of the battle!!! The 2nd match had ME getting insane lick in the Fire Leaf Cup when my magneton survived with 2hps to kill your jolteon, and my ptrap gengar survived with 1 hp to kill your own gengar :D. The RBY match was in the IBT in 2004, round 1 I used victreebel and sandslash in this!!

Mcgraw 3-3
    GSC Loss 0-1
    GSC Loss 0-6
    GSC Loss 0-5
    RUSA Win 4-0
    RUSA Win 1-0
    RUSA Win 5-0
    lol, so you're 3-0 against me in gsc and I'm 3-0 against you in rs. I especially liked that one rs match in which you were leading 5-1.. only to lose to salac reversal heracross for the 1-0 comeback :D

MoP 1-1
    GSC Win 2-0
    GSC Loss 0-3
    Actually not much to say.. you apparently battled my gsc T team twice with UU teams, won once, and lost once :p

MrDodrio 2-0
    RUSA Loss 0-3
    GSC Win 4-0
    RUSA Win 1-0
    RUSA Loss 4-5
    RUSA Loss 0-5
    You own my ass at GSC, that is pretty much the story here, you totally destroyed me with taunt gyarados in the golden girls tournament and you kicked the ass out of my cb team.

MTG 6-1
    GSC Win 4-0
    GSC Win 4-0
    RBY Win ?-?
    GSC Loss 0-4
    GSC Win 3-0
    GSC Win 1-0
    RUSA Win 5-0
    All these battles are really old and yes I kick your ass at pokemon!… the last one being actually my first ever rs match, on the beta testing forms of the rsbots :D.. I swept with calm mind alakazam in it.. I also used recover medicham ._... another battle worth mentioning is the one before that.. which was for your badge in some TPM gym leader thing :D in a battle that was apparently decided on the very last move.

Noobster 1-1
    RUSA Win 6-5
    RUSA Loss 0-2
    Not much to say here, you quit early in the first after my magneton traped your skarmory and you beat my C team with complete standards in the second!

Omni 3-1
    GSC Win 6-0
    GSC Win 4-0
    RUSA Win 4-0
    GSC Loss 0-4
    Pretty much similarly to goofball, I beat you both in the Furret Cup and then in the Kabuto Kup as the Tampon Strings team rolled over you. I got 3 kills with lantern I our rs match, which must date back to rs 200 and then you (finally!) beat me in the last match in something called the summertime tournament.. a gsc uu tournament.

Skarm 6-1
    GSC Win 2-0
    GSC Win 4-0
    RUSA Win 2-0
    GSC Win 3-0
    RUSA Win 4-0
    GSC Win 4-0
    RUSA Loss 3-3
    I am so proud of that record.. people regard you as one of the best and I happen to have a STELLAR record against you :D I have no clue why I always had your number. First win is in the Kabuto Kup and the second in the Metallic Standard Tournament, I don’t remember that one though. You apparently almost beat me in the first with curse heracross however. I raped with gardevoir in our first rs match, which was 200 and then with zam in 386.. following gsc match was for the VAGINA BADGE back when you were the vagina gym leader :D! and yeah I regretted battling you in that last match with my B theme team against your real team, it ended up screwing an awesome record… but regardless, I probably would have lost with my real team anyway ;), that last match was also a stadium mode match for some reason O_o.. you beat my blastoise, bannette, blaziken combo with swamp, lax and salamence :o.

Steelicks 2-0
    GSC Win 5-0
    RUSA Win 2-0
    So in the first match, I beat then Devil Dan with my uu team, victreebell passing through you like my penis through your vaselined ass. And then my cb team beat you in round 1 of the 2nd official smogon tournament . 2-0 bitch :D

This is my all time record for completeness!!!

RECORD W L D TOTAL WINNING %
    RBY 211 53 0 264 79.9
    GSC 1475 503 5 1983 74.4
    RUSA 1009 278 3 1290 78.2
    TOTAL 2695 834 8 3537 76.2

TOURNEY RECORD W L TOTAL WINNING %
    TOURNEYS RBY 70 31 101 69.3
    TOURNEYS GSC 37 32 69 53.6
    TOURNEYS RUSA 18 13 31 58.1
    TOURNEYS TOTAL 125 76 201 62.2
  2. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

this is an awesome thread :)

Devil Dan will have his revenge. he is plotting...
  3. gdpt

gdpt

i wish i have your memory vineon
  4. Articuno64

Articuno64 1 to 63 were taken
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

heh, spark whiscash...
  5. Basics

Basics

Holy shit dude, it must have taken a while to go through those logs!
  6. Vineon

Vineon Fleurdelysé
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

GDPTaznboi 5-0
    RBY Win 6-5
    RBY Win 4-3
    RBY Win 4-0
    RBY Win 4-0
    RBY Win 3-0
    Yeah it isnt so much my memory but the notes I have writen next to some matches... btw I own you :)... I beat you in 2 monotype tournaments, MetalMew's UU tourney and in the finale of some weird tourney where only natural moves where allowed on the pokemons (as in no TMs).

Basics 0-1
    GSC Loss ?-?
    blah, I battled and I didnt note the score apparently, but you won, and I have never ever saved a log, I just noted every match's result on a microsoft excel file ever since the start :x.
  7. The HavoX

The HavoX

(I hope GGfag isn't reading this thread)

Anyway, farewell and thanks for the memories Vines.
  8. Fish

Fish
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This is an awesome thread. I remember when you first told me you kept track of this kinda stuff I was pretty envious that I had not done something similiar.

That RBY Tourney final match was one of my favorite battles ever, even though I lost. But I woulda felt like a shmuck had I won since being subbed into to the WB at Round 6 would have made it a hollow victory for me.

And damn you for remembering my tantrum after that GSC loss! I was riding a high after 6-0ing Kefka after being away from the community for well over a year, and you swiftly brought me back down to reality. I think that's the only time I ever got pissy after losing, and boy did I get pissy. I'm usually a good sport. Anyway, you know damn well at this point I respect you, you're one of the top 5 battlers in the history of the community imo!
  9. Basics

Basics

Yeah, lol I know where Fish is coming from. I really wish I kept logs like this now lol. :( I guess I'll start now!
  10. Vineon

Vineon Fleurdelysé

haha Fish.. its all forgotten, I just sort of idolized you(and I still do!), which made it feel sort of worse.

lol.. also..some of these notes about you and I's matches were pretty embarassing as I pretty much call you the greatest battler Ive ever faced and stuff on it and all. None of that stuff was ever written to be read by anyone but me after all.

Also top 5 in history is pushing it :/ but thanks :D, I always thought you were the best.
  11. bleep

bleep

I've been keeping track of wins since last year... I started a year late and wish I had started doing it in March 2004 when I started NB.

I have wins against people I would've never expected to pull out against, its pretty cool looking at old logs.

I'm not sure if I've ever battled you Vineon, but I know it would've been fun to!
  12. gdpt

gdpt

i don't think i ever beat you haha...the only time i remember was the natural moves one and a purelimit mono tournament where your poliwrath owned my lapras with submission lol
  13. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

wow this is a fucking awesome topic

yeah i always did have a great record against you :) i always enjoyed our battles though ;/ im happy you were never afraid to battle me (glares to jumpman)
  14. Arkeis

Arkeis (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ (formerly aragornbird)
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I never battled Vineon at all. =( But then again, I don't really battle seriously anymore.
    Congrats anyways, Vin!
  15. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I know I battled vineon in a tourney or two and wish to know how I fare!

This is an amazing idea btw, records are really cool. I wish I saved more logs.
  16. Vineon

Vineon Fleurdelysé

Jackal 0-1
    RBY Loss 0-2
    Triforce Tournament, round 1, that is actually very recent.. for me anyway as I havent had a battle in months.. I remember thinking I played awesome in it only to somewhat still lose at the end. I think it may have come to a tauros vs tauros situation... I wish I kept something about that battle actually, it was so great it almost made me want to play rby again on a constant basis. I think that is most likely the last match I played, it dates back to january of this year.
  17. Arcturus

Arcturus
    is a Researcher Alumnus

I don't think I've battled you on netbattle, but I know I battled you in GSC bot era and got pwnt. But I could be wrong!
  18. Roy

Roy sux
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

haha awesome choice of topic. i wonder how i fare against you
  19. PokeFan Marianne

PokeFan Marianne

With Vineon's hot sexiness, there is no way he could lose many battles. Hot guys are usually the ones who don't lose.
  20. skarm

skarm I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I should probably start doing this at some point so that I can point out that I only really lose in tournaments!
  21. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

ah yes, how could I forget lol, this was a very good game. It was indeed your tauros vs my tauros and a paralyzed alakazam iirc. My tauros came out with 4hp. We both played really well is what I do remember.

I also recall some kind of advanced battle where you got angry at me for using a weird gyarados set but I dont remember, i dont think it was in a tournament at least.

Well anyways I have read the comments you put about everyone, its very interesting :)
  22. giga

giga
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Vineon challenged me to a randbat once a long time ago I don't remember the outcome however oh well.
  23. goofball

goofball
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 4 Champion

lol Vineon you're awesome also hey!!! you picked on me during my newbie days...the only battle I actually remember vsing you was the Butterfree Cup...I had an Unown with Hidden power Ice ._.
  24. Cloggerdude

Cloggerdude

I know I've battled you at least once or twice Vinny.

And yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Fish on this one; Vineon is definately one of the top 5. I know a few people who are very good at one generation, but Vin is good at all of them.

My hat's off to you.
  25. Vineon

Vineon Fleurdelysé

Roy Master 0-2
    RUSA Loss 4-5
    RUSA Loss 2-3
    oh yeah I forgot Roy :D.. I honestly hated both our battles. Jirachi beat me in the first then in the second you got a freaking dumbshit freeze that changed the outcome of the match >:[

I dont think we did unless you were on another name and I didnt group them, or if I somehow simply forgot to add the battle to my record file, but I usually do it as soon as the battle ends.

Cloggerdude 3-3
    GSC Win 6-0
    GSC Win 5-0
    GSC Loss 0-3
    GSC Loss 0-1
    RBY Win 2-0
    RBY Loss 0-4
    ah, glad to see you post here :).. I used theme teams in our first 3 battles, actually my King team team, a rby team in gsc and some other theme team, battling a couple of your UU teams, apparently in the third you beat me with sleeptalking heracross and magneton. First rby win was in a poison monotype tournament and the second rby match was during the ibt in 2004 (2nd round).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)