Serious Violence Planned at 2015 Worlds Boston (Pokemon) UPDATE if anyone cares

Shit like this happens (or almost happens), and US citizens still insist on their 2nd amendment rights. There are limits, people. 'Murica: "A small handgun for self-protection is necessary!" It's not necessary at all if nobody is allowed to have them.

On a side note, the day there's a shooting at a Pokémon Tournament is the day my childhood dies.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Shit like this happens (or almost happens), and US citizens still insist on their 2nd amendment rights. There are limits, people. 'Murica: "A small handgun for self-protection is necessary!" It's not necessary at all if nobody is allowed to have them.

On a side note, the day there's a shooting at a Pokémon Tournament is the day my childhood dies.
Because if we ban guns, the criminals will willingly drop their guns and abide by the law. It worked for illegal drugs/narcotics.

Idk man, I feel like there's a slight difference between [only able to be obtained illegally] and [obtainable for many citizens who can then leave them lying around for nutcases like these guys].

Not that it'd be at those extremes but you get the point. I live in a country with much tighter gun laws than the states and believe me, and I honestly can only recall one high-profile crime involving guns (Lindt cafe siege). There's nothing compared to the scale of the shootings that we hear about from the states and nor are there high-profile incidents such as this. That's not to say there isn't gun crime, but it certainly isn't the same as what we see in the US

Asek

Banned deucer.
When i first saw the OP i thought that there was going to be riots at worlds : kind of disappointed its just some angry dweebs but ah well, glad to see social media being used in a useful manner

Idk man, I feel like there's a slight difference between [only able to be obtained illegally] and [obtainable for many citizens who can then leave them lying around for nutcases like these guys].

Not that it'd be at those extremes but you get the point. I live in a country with much tighter gun laws than the states and believe me, and I honestly can only recall one high-profile crime involving guns (Lindt cafe siege). There's nothing compared to the scale of the shootings that we hear about from the states and nor are there high-profile incidents such as this. That's not to say there isn't gun crime, but it certainly isn't the same as what we see in the US
Australias tighter gun laws were directly resulting from events such as Port Arthur massacre and Hoddle street shootings. These high profile cases were what really opnened the door for discussion on gun legislation in Australia and lead to the eventual tightening of the law to what it is now, with it being fairly difficult for the average joe to go out and find a firearm. We managed to get guns out of control, but only after foreseeable consequences of out slack firearms regulation occurred. The fact that you cab only recall one high profile crime involving guns highlights how successful regulating firearms can be in keeping their use in violent crimes down.

Sadly americans go through tragedies such as the Sandy Hook massacre and still insists that there is a logical reason for each of their citizens to have the rights to bear arms.

What I find strange about it is the fact that they took all the time, effort and money to get invites to Worlds. Surely if you were gonna do that, you wouldn't bother with qualifying and you'd just turn up all guns blazing? (It's good they didn't, but it just doesn't make sense to me is all. I'm not a psychopath :P)

Reactions: JES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)