1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Virizion (WIP)

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by TrollFreak, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrollFreak

TrollFreak (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Copying Endorphins

[​IMG]
    Virizion

[SET]
    name: Swords Dance
    move 1: Swords Dance
    move 2: Close Combat
    move 3: Leaf Blade
    move 4: Stone Edge
    item: Lum Berry / Life Orb
    nature: Jolly
    evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SC]

[AC]

Hidden Power Ice
    Synthesis
    Leftovers

[SET]
    name: Calm Mind
    move 1: Calm Mind
    move 2: Giga Drain
    move 3: Focus Blast
    move 4: Hidden Power Rock / Substitute
    item: Life Orb / Leftovers
    nature: Timid
    evs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 236 Spe

[SC]

[AC]

EVs outpace Mienshao, since HP Rocks fucks up Virizion's Speed anyways

Synthesis
    Hidden Power Ice

[OO]

Work Up
    Dual Screens
    Choice Band

Obv, these are the sets from the OU Version, Trying the WU set for a set, as well as a SubCM Variant

Also, Need new EVs for the WU set, working on that too
  2. kokoloko

kokoloko supersmooth
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

Swords Dance first with Lum Berry slashed so you can set up on Scald and move Hidden Power Ice to AC please. Calm Mind second with Hidden Power Rock over Ice.

I'm really skeptical about the Work Up set and am just going to straight-up reject the Dual Screens set. I say OO them both, alongside CB, etc.
  3. Alexander.

Alexander. Banned deucer.

Substitute is a good choice imho, for both sets, mainly for Calm Mind set, slashed on Hidden Power. Also I agree with kokoloko I would put Work Up and Double Screens set both in OO
  4. alexwolf

alexwolf Fear the D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Wouldn't 3 attacks + Synthesis be a viable set? I mean Virizion is a wonderful pivot for offensive and balanced teams, so being able to switch in repeatedly as well as still pack a punch with LO and decent coverage would be something no?

CC, Giga Drain / Leaf Blade, HP Ice / Stone Edge and Synthesis would be a good combo of moves. Giga Drain i think is preferable so you don't gett completely screwed if burned by Scald, seeing as you can switch easily into most water types.
  5. kokoloko

kokoloko supersmooth
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

My main issue with that is that the other Grass-types do it better, especially Shaymin. I would relegate Synthesis to either the AC of both sets or OO.
  6. TrollFreak

TrollFreak (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Ugh, making me do work, this is such bs

Well, since we're in agreement that CM and SD are staying, I'll spend more time testing the WU set, since we're putting Dual Screens and CB in OO

Sounds like a good idea, I'll slash it in and test it, and wait to see what QC thinks

EDIT- I'll just test a SubCM set then, might just make that separate
  7. alexwolf

alexwolf Fear the D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

But Virizion only has 10 base Spa/Atk than Shaymin. It also has a great speed tier, which enables it to outrun all the base 100 Speed group, and also Mienshao and Zoroark, both important threats. Not to mention that Close Combat is something that makes Virizion quite different from Shaymin.

I don't think it is outclassed but you know best...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)