[AC]

EVs outpace Mienshao, since HP Rocks fucks up Virizion's Speed anyways

Synthesis
Hidden Power Ice

[OO]

Work Up
Dual Screens
Choice Band

Obv, these are the sets from the OU Version, Trying the WU set for a set, as well as a SubCM Variant

Also, Need new EVs for the WU set, working on that too

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Swords Dance first with Lum Berry slashed so you can set up on Scald and move Hidden Power Ice to AC please. Calm Mind second with Hidden Power Rock over Ice.

I'm really skeptical about the Work Up set and am just going to straight-up reject the Dual Screens set. I say OO them both, alongside CB, etc.

Substitute is a good choice imho, for both sets, mainly for Calm Mind set, slashed on Hidden Power. Also I agree with kokoloko I would put Work Up and Double Screens set both in OO

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wouldn't 3 attacks + Synthesis be a viable set? I mean Virizion is a wonderful pivot for offensive and balanced teams, so being able to switch in repeatedly as well as still pack a punch with LO and decent coverage would be something no?

CC, Giga Drain / Leaf Blade, HP Ice / Stone Edge and Synthesis would be a good combo of moves. Giga Drain i think is preferable so you don't gett completely screwed if burned by Scald, seeing as you can switch easily into most water types.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
My main issue with that is that the other Grass-types do it better, especially Shaymin. I would relegate Synthesis to either the AC of both sets or OO.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ugh, making me do work, this is such bs

Well, since we're in agreement that CM and SD are staying, I'll spend more time testing the WU set, since we're putting Dual Screens and CB in OO

Substitute is a good choice imho, for both sets, mainly for Calm Mind set, slashed on Hidden Power. Also I agree with kokoloko I would put Work Up and Double Screens set both in OO
Sounds like a good idea, I'll slash it in and test it, and wait to see what QC thinks

EDIT- I'll just test a SubCM set then, might just make that separate

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My main issue with that is that the other Grass-types do it better, especially Shaymin. I would relegate Synthesis to either the AC of both sets or OO.
But Virizion only has 10 base Spa/Atk than Shaymin. It also has a great speed tier, which enables it to outrun all the base 100 Speed group, and also Mienshao and Zoroark, both important threats. Not to mention that Close Combat is something that makes Virizion quite different from Shaymin.

I don't think it is outclassed but you know best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)