1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Vivillon Collection

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by skylight, Oct 12, 2013.

1. ReginaNoctis

ReginaNoctis

I've added my info from Sweden to that too. Interesting to compare with Norway! Sweden currently looks like this - still missing 7 of 21 län, but I'm guessing E, F, G, H and I are Continental, Y is Polar or Icy Snow, and BD Icy Snow.
  2. Sylvy_XD

Sylvy_XD

Hi skylight remember me? It's siebold/sylvy
  3. EIFF

EIFF

Interesting to see that Sweden doesn't get Tundra :p Norway looks like this at the moment.

A clarification based on a test I did: Vivillon will get the pattern of the region where the egg was obtained, not hatched. This makes it possible to get all Vivillon patterns with your own OT and changeable nicknames.
    Br0k3nWh4mmy and Fuzzball like this.
  4. Magik0722

Magik0722

Need tundra and monsoon
    I have an extra meadow, continential, polar, high plains, marine
  5. megayokim

megayokim

anyone need a river or marine one since i have a few of those atm i really need sun ,ocean, monsoon,glacier and meadow
  6. Meed

Meed

Hellohello, I have spare polar, elegant, and can breed modern. I'm looking for monsoon, icysnow, sun, ocean, jungle, tundra and meadow. Will gladly breed other things for the missing patterns, like DW goodra or froakie
  7. JadeXtreme

JadeXtreme

Dear EIFF.

This is JadeXtreme. I am a huge fan of your work and I really loving it and have been contributing to fill in the information you needed.

I am the one who started with 10 oblasts/etc of Russia, and will get more done when I feel like it. I'm the one who revealed Ocean, Sandstorm and Jungle's location for PAL in first place so they dont have to relay on Americans much.

I really interested to know whats the full world map would be turn out in the end.

If you are looking for someone to just fill in the colours for world map, I am happy to help you out mate. I have the better one now if I want to keep it updated, even tho europe one is small but easily done with zooming and I love geography and travel in general so getting to know more is a bonus.

Keep it up mate.

JadeXtreme.
  8. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Weird choice of regions. The most polar county, Finnmark, gets Icy Snow (to be fair, there's not much else up there. Then again, Icy Snow applies well to pretty much all of Norway five months of the year). Tundra is given to the most mountaineous regions, whereas the most tundra-ous ones get Polar instead. Continental is quite fitting where applied, though, but I miss "high plains". Perhaps there's hope for Oppland?
  9. EIFF

EIFF

JadeXtreme: I think you may be confusing me with someone else. I'm only working with the distribution of Vivillon in Norway, not in the whole world. As far as I'm aware the user clapyourhands has been working with the world map.

I agree that especially tundra is a bit odd to have in those regions. Maybe Oppdal can get High Plains, although I have my doubts. If it did it would mean that Norway has 5 different patterns, something I find less likely considering Norways size. Hedmark and Oppland are the two counties which I think could end up with any of Polar, Continental or Tundra, while I'm guessing Sogn og Fjordane gets Tundra based on the general pattern.
  10. The Diverman

The Diverman

I need Sun, Sandstorm, Monsoon, Jungle, and Archipelago. I think it's easier to finding a shiny than finding a Sandstorm Vivillon, I've only seen two on the GTS.

Oh and I have the Ocean pattern.
  11. CJorex

CJorex

I don't have any of those formes that I'm willing to trade, but could you please trade me an Ocean Vivillon? I can trade starters, fossils, and some other stuff. PM me to try and make a deal.
    I need Ocean, Sandstorm, Icy Snow and Archipelago
  12. Meed

Meed

I'm very close to complete my collection! Only need MONSOON now
    I can offer other vivi, including ocean.
  13. Hollymon

Hollymon

Is it confirmed that we have found them all? Because there could be some rare ones only obtainable in small countries or something that no one has come forward about?
  14. EIFF

EIFF

As far as I'm aware it's not confirmed yet. Just considering how social media work today and the fact that people can just restart there game and test for all obscure locations (within their 3DS region), makes me think that there are no new unknown patterns to find.
  15. Raichu_dude

Raichu_dude

Can you tell me which region is Ocean pattern from, please?
  16. EIFF

EIFF

Ocean Vivillon is only known from Hawaii and Réunion (France).
  17. skylight

skylight the cold never bothered me anyway
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

My collection is complete! Anyone else gonna keep them or trade them around? Or get shinies of each forme now? Because I'm sort of undecided and the last option is seemingly impossible :x
  18. Age of Kings

Age of Kings of the Ash Legion
    is a Forum Moderator

Looking for Archipelago, Icy Snow, Jungle, Monsoon, Ocean, Sandstorm.

I have a spare River and possibly Marine, and I'm almost swimming in High Plains and Elegant. I can also trade starters (no hidden abilities yet) if that floats your boat.
  19. mcFlareon

mcFlareon

Ah maybe it is different in some states then. The image here has a Sun pattern for Northern Territory: http://i.imgur.com/3p4671P.png

Also if anyone wants Scatterbugs with Pokerus I can give you some, just got lucky while hunting for Scatterbugs. (evolving them takes time but I assure they'll be River Patterns)

I need everything but River, Elegant, Polar and Garden
  20. Hydreigon1998

Hydreigon1998

What would someone trade me for my sandstorm?
  21. CJorex

CJorex

Which forms are you missing? I have an extra Savannah.
  22. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

I am in need of Meadow, I will provide a Polar with Pokerus.
  23. Winz15

Winz15

I am in desperate need of an Icysnow or a Monsoon. I can offer an Ocean with Pokerus.
  24. EIFF

EIFF

Just found a shiny Polar Vivillon in a Friend Safari :D

[​IMG]

EDIT:
    To compare with non-shiny:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  25. Alice in Pyroland

Alice in Pyroland

So thanks to Smealum's hacking shenanigans we now know there's two undiscovered forms of Vivillon http://i.imgur.com/6awfAlE.png

Now although they're probably event-based I am curious; is it at all possible they're tied to regions we don't know the Vivillon forms of yet?

E - And on that note would it be possible to go through every individual 3DS region setting to validate every location as of yet? As far as I'm aware it's all been word of mouth "I'm in x region, found x Vivillon" but theoretically if changing your 3DS region and starting a new game allows you to find different Vivillon it should surely be possible to manually check every available region? Or is that not actually possible with the way 3DS work? I've never really had a need to change region so I don't know if there's any sort of restriction, although given the talk of people changing their region to try and influence Vivillon forms, I assume it must be possible on some level? (Although obviously very inconvenient and impractical for anyone not starting a new game)
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)