1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon Volcanion, Hoopa, and Diancie

Discussion in 'OverUsed' started by zferolie, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zferolie

zferolie

I used the search feature, but didn't see a thread on this. I hope this is allowed, but I thought it was interesting.

So, I have been hearing rumors that people discovered the names of three pokemon not in the game, but it seems the system registers them as actual pokemon. They are Volcanion, Hoopa, and Diancie, and supposedly you can ask for them on GTS. The Rumor started from Serebii posting a page then quickly removing them.

[​IMG]

Not sure how Serebii figured this out, but then I saw these too, confirming this rumor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tested this out myself, and yes, GTS recognizes these as actual pokemon.

All we know are the names and types. Diancie is a rock/Fairy, Hoopa is a Psychic/Ghost, and Volcanion is a Water/Fire. I have been wanting a water fire for years now, and a Psychic/Ghost sounds quite interesting(this gens mew?). other then that we know nothing. I thought making a page to document anything people find might be good.
  2. TorchicBlaziken

TorchicBlaziken

I guess all we could really discuss here is how a Water/Fire, Psychic/Ghost or Rock/Fairy that isn't Carbink would impact the metagame through their typing alone, if they are any good.
  3. Monster Guy

Monster Guy

It's about time we had a Water/Fire.

Not sure about the Psychic/Ghost or the Rock/Fairy, but I guess we'll have to wait until they're revealed.
  4. Fangren

Fangren

Huh, so I guess these are the event pokes of this generation. Diancie has the same type as Carbink, but the other two are unique.
  5. UltiMario

UltiMario

Diancie better be good, don't put shame to the glorious name that is Carbink.

But seriously, there's really not a whole lot to talk about for these guys without any hint of stats or abilities...
    TwoBit, Manaphy and Melee Mewtwo like this.
  6. S0L1D G0LD

S0L1D G0LD

Nope. Mega gar is ghost psychic, last I checked.
  7. Manaphy

Manaphy

It's possible these are scrapped Pokemon, and they don't really jump out as Event-Pokemon to me. Diancie seems perfect as a scrapped Evolution to Carbink.
  8. Fangren

Fangren

Nope, Mega Gengar remains Ghost/Poison.
  9. S0L1D G0LD

S0L1D G0LD

Dammit, which asshole keeps informing me wrong?
    jynx likes this.
  10. zferolie

zferolie

Well, I had a feeling we may start to get more information soon, since serebii leaked the info. They seem to know something

Mega Gar is still Ghost/Poison.
    Then why would their numbers come after the last one?
  11. Manaphy

Manaphy

Well if they're scrapped there's no point in having them in the middle of the PokeDex taking up space, but I do suppose that it's possible one of these are actually the Event legendary.
  12. bluemon

bluemon

We shouldnt be discussing here.

This is a competitive pokemon site, not theory-theorymoning site
  13. DDRMaster

DDRMaster

Since we have no idea about their base stats or movepools, we really have no idea whether they'll be good or not. Diancia would probably work well as a sweeper with that typing, just so long as it watches out for Scizor. However, I don't see it being very good as a wall with that 4x Steel weakness. Hoopa will die to anything with Pursuit but will otherwise have great coverage if it gets a good Fighting move. Volcanion has 3 common weaknesses and 5 resistances including a dual resistance to Ice, Steel, and Fire meaning it should be good at checking certain Pokemon like Heatran.

And I really don't think these are scrapped Pokemon, since we haven't really had evidence of scrapped Pokemon since Gen 1 (and even then, none of them had legible names outside of Missingno.).
  14. Skaelor

Skaelor

Sorry if the question is too damn dumb, but... why, like the past generations, we cannot get through the game files or even hack it to see the actual and certain data?
  15. Adonzo

Adonzo

Nobody has cracked the 3DS' encryption.

Works for Nintendo/GF, I guess. Means that their big reveals of these mons will actually be reveals, instead of tons of people already knowing about them
  16. ApathyandToast

ApathyandToast

Because the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet, there are no roms so datamining isn't possible.
  17. Lexxikun

Lexxikun

I'm not sure whether the Serebii pages are believable or not (Very easy to photoshop something like that, and Joe himself was on the Serbii forums saying that they weren't real, so...) but the fact that their names are valid on the GTS is very suspicious. I would've thought they'd have checked something like that before releasing the game...
  18. Vorena

Vorena

I find this quite funny. Nintendo is probably attempting to hide the fact that there are more legendary pokemon. I think certain legendary pokemon were not suppose to be revealed until particular dates, but have not been able to do that as of yet. Look at D/P. Hack the system and figuring out how to get the pokemon. For now, I guess they did a better job of keeping the pokemon hidden for a little bit lol
    Lilligant562 likes this.
  19. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

So event legendaries a go go?

I'm just trying to figure out how you can have some form of data on them.
  20. sidakarya

sidakarya

Interestingly, these are the same names as the japanese trademarks revealed on Pokejungle a few months ago.
  21. bluemon

bluemon

mew says hello
  22. Garuketo

Garuketo

They have to be real because I just deposited a Corsola for a Hoopa in return.
  23. S0L1D G0LD

S0L1D G0LD

Did you get one yet? Get a hacked Pokemon yet? Hmmm?
    Piexplode likes this.
  24. zferolie

zferolie

If these are event legendaries, which I assume they are, we should assume they should be at least UU just for stats, abilities, or moves. Correct me if I am wrong, but has an event Legendary ever been under UU?

Since we already have a wall Fairy/Rock, I would guess Diancia would be an offensive one, to make it different from Carbink. the 4x steel weakness hurts it a bit like you said.

Hoopa does have that big 4x Dark weakness, but other 4x weakness guys still seem to do ok. I am assuming this is the Mew of this Generation(with all 100 stats) since almost every one in the past have been part psychic. Plus the name sounds very cute, like most Mew types.

Volcanion better be a Fire Dolphin that spews lava from it's Blowhole. When I was making fake starters, one was a fire starter that was like that, and it was awesome.
    Piexplode likes this.
  25. UltiMario

UltiMario

There hasn't been a scrapped Pokemon that's accessible like this since GSC, and that was through hella glitches, and they didn't even have real names leftover.

This isn't some indie game company that leaves giant sections of scrapped code in there to be accessed by parts of the game very easily. These are event Pokemon like any others we've had before, it's just that for some reason since we can't datamine you want to assume this is beta stuff... which the nicest word I can use to describe your line of thought is naive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)