VOLCARNO Done

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

RAINY VOLCARNO GOOD SET™ ~ praj.pran 2014​
Overview
########

Volcarona can fill two roles in the Doubles OU metagame: it can take on a supportive role by utilizing Rage Powder alongside its niche typing, or it can go on the offense with a Quiver Dance set which makes it a powerful late-game sweeper. Volcarona is unique as a Rage Powder user because it maintains a powerful offensive presence, so offensive teams don't lose momentum with it. Both sets are held back by Volcarona's poor physical bulk and weakness to common spread moves such as Rock Slide, but on the correct team, Volcarona can be a huge asset.

Rage Powder
########
name: Rage Powder
move 1: Overheat
move 2: Bug Buzz / Will-O-Wisp
move 3: Rage Powder
move 4: Protect
ability: Flame Body
item: Sitrus Berry / Lum Berry
evs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 100 SpA / 108 Spe
nature: Modest

Moves
========

Overheat is used primarily to take out Grass-type Pokemon, which are immune to the effects of Rage Powder, notably standard Amoonguss and Breloom. Bug Buzz provides more coverage and allows Volcarona to put big dents in Pokemon such as Cresselia. It can also be used to help Volcarona avoid the Special Attack drop from Overheat. Will-O-Wisp is also a useful choice in this slot to cripple physical attackers, such as Landorus-T, on a predicted switch. However, it can be redundant alongside Flame Body. Rage Powder compliments Volcarona's unique typing and allows it to support its partner by redirecting threatening attacks. Protect helps stall out field conditions and increases Volcarona's longevity.

Set Details
========

The Special Attack investment provides enough power to OHKO 252 HP / 72 SpD Sassy Amoonguss. With the given Speed investment, Volcarona can outspeed Jolly Breloom and therefore avoid being hit by Spore. The rest of Volcarona's EVs are dumped into HP and Defense. Flame Body is preferred over Swarm to work in tandem with Rage Powder. Sitrus Berry helps keep Volcarona alive to redirect more attacks and is necessary to survive Mega Kangaskhan's Return, while Lum Berry helps Volcarona avoid one Spore or Thunder Wave. If you choose to run Lum Berry, moving 28 HP EVs to Defense will ensure Volcarona always survives Mega Kangaskhan's Return.

Usage Tips
========

Volcarona should use its options to take down weakened Pokemon or anything it can hit for super effective damage. Rage Powder can be used to help a teammate survive for an extra turn or possibly set up with a boosting move or Substitute. Thanks to Flame Body, Volcarona makes for a great switch-in to a predicted Fake Out, U-turn, or Fighting-type attack.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that fear Steel- or Fighting-type Pokemon make for good partners, as Volcarona can redirect these attacks with ease. Diancie is a particularly good choice because it can take out Flying-types that threaten Volcarona. Volcarona supports Water-type Pokemon that Amoonguss can easily switch in on, such as Keldeo. Kyurem-B makes for a nice partner, as it helps beat the rain archetype, which Volcarona struggles with. Grass-type Pokemon such as Shaymin-S are good partners, as Volcarona can redirect Ice-type moves while they can handle troublesome Water-type Pokemon such as Rotom-W.

Quiver Dance
########
name: Quiver Dance
move 1: Heat Wave / Fire Blast
move 2: Bug Buzz
move 3: Quiver Dance
move 4: Protect / Giga Drain
ability: Flame Body / Swarm
item: Sitrus Berry
evs: 160 HP / 16 Def / 148 SpA / 184 Spe

Moves
========

Heat Wave is Volcarona's primary STAB move. It provides spread damage, which helps Volcarona dish out as much damage as possible. Fire Blast can also be used in this slot to hit a single target for a lot more damage and is particularly helpful for Aegislash, which otherwise can spam Wide Guard. Bug Buzz provides coverage and hits through Substitute. Quiver Dance allows Volcarona to become a much bigger threat. After accumulating a Quiver Dance boost, Volcarona is often capable of cleaning up a weakened team. Protect is used to maintain boosts and help stall out field conditions such as Tailwind or Trick Room. Giga Drain extends Volcarona's coverage and allows it to beat Pokemon that it usually can't touch, such as Diancie, Keldeo, and Terrakion.

Set Details
========

The defensive investment allows Volcarona to survive Mega Kangaskhan's Return as well as Ludicolo's rain-boosted Hydro Pump after one Quiver Dance. The Speed investment means that Volcarona will beat Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T after a Quiver Dance boost. The remaining EVs are dropped into Special Attack for good damage output. Swarm can be used to help boost Bug Buzz's power at low health, but Flame Body is typically preferred for the useful chance to burn.

Usage Tips
========

Quiver Dance is best saved for later in the game, when Volcarona's checks and counters have been softened up or knocked out. Protect should be used to help maintain any accumulated boosts while Volcarona's partner switches to a favorable matchup or takes down any threats. Only use Quiver Dance when Volcarona is not going to take too much damage during the turn, or it will become very difficult to protect the boosts.

Team Options
========

Fake Out support from Pokemon such as Kangaskhan and Hitmontop helps Volcarona Quiver Dance safely. Hitmontop also provides Wide Guard support to help protect Volcarona from threatening spread moves such as Rock Slide and Earthquake. Rotom-W can switch into the Flying-, Water-, and Rock-type attacks that threaten Volcarona and force their users out. Keldeo can provide Quick Guard support to help Volcarona deal with Azumarill and Talonflame, and beats Rock-type Pokemon. Kyurem-B is effective against the rain archetype, which is threatening to Volcarona. Follow Me or Rage Powder support from Pokemon such as Togekiss and Amoonguss can help Volcarona set up safely.

Other Options
########
Volcarona can run Hidden Power Ground to be able to hit Heatran, which otherwise walls it. Similarly, Hidden Power Rock can be used to hit Fire-type Pokemon such as Charizard. The Quiver Dance set can run Charcoal with Fire Blast to OHKO Amoonguss and Aegislash at +0, but it has a much harder time staying healthy enough without Sitrus Berry. Volcarona can make use of Hurricane on rain teams, but it is quite weak because it does not receive a STAB boost. Tailwind is an option to help support slower Pokemon on the team.

Checks & Counters
########

**Typing Advantage**: Rock-type Pokemon such as Terrakion and Diancie can easily OHKO Volcarona and do not take much damage from any of its attacks. Water-type Pokemon such as Keldeo and Azumarill can also easily switch in on and OHKO Volcarona. Politoed is particularly useful, as it also weakens the power of Volcarona's Fire-type moves. Both of these sets of Pokemon need to be wary of Giga Drain. Faster threats such as Shaymin-S, Talonflame, and Choice Scarf Landorus-T can outspeed and easily take down Volcarona due to its relative frailty, although a full-health Volcarona can actually survive Shaymin-S's Air Slash and OHKO back, as long as it doesn't flinch.

**Utility Moves**: Moves such as Fake Out can make Rage Powder a risky choice, while Taunt and Encore can stop Volcarona from doing its job effectively.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You joke but I'm gonna push for Steel Wing on the ORAS Talonflame analysis :p

I'll get to this later, but I think we should get a QD set on here too. I'll come up with some nifty EVs eventually. It's too strong to totally ignore.

Volcarona is weird cause nothing really synergizes well with it offensively defensively, and weakness to every freaking spread move (all eq should 2hko) makes Rage Powder less usable.

I think that wideguard aegislash would be a really good partner though there are very few single target rock/water moves nothing uses hydro besides washer really, and for waterfall theres really only gyara and m-swampert.

Aegislash checks terrakion and m-diancie as well.

Strange 'mon. I always found that it was way too damned good for uu, but lackluster compared to other OU fire types (*cough* heatran *cough* 'zard)

One of those loners stranded to the bordlerline :/

I like your sets however - personally I found that its quiver dance sweeping abilities allow it to work exceptionally well with Mega-Aggron, or.. as Laurel mentioned: Aegislash.

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright here's what I got

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 64 HP / 68 Def / 128 SpA / 64 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz / Giga Drain
- Protect / Giga Drain

184 Modest outruns 252 Adamant Landoge, so it will outrun Adamant scarf after a QD.
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 64 HP / 68 Def Volcarona: 343-406 (104.8 - 124.1%) - fails to OHKO with Sitrus Berry, and a 51% chance for Kanga to burn itself
252+ SpA Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. +1 64 HP / 64 SpD Volcarona in Rain: 276-326 (84.4 - 99.6%) - once you've got a QD, Ludi fails to revenge
Rest put into Special Attack, obviously

judge away

Bughouse

Because you're playing a creep game. And Ludicolo can more easily outrun Volcarona than Volcarona can outrun it, since +2 will boost faster than +1.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why is the EV spread 64 HP / 68 Def / 128 SpA / 64 SpD / 184 Spe? It's inefficient

160 HP / 16 Def / 148 SpA / 184 Spe is better. You net the same defensive benchmarks and have more EVs in SpA

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 160 HP / 16 Def Volcarona: 370-438 (105.4 - 124.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. +1 160 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona in Rain: 296-350 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 160 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 294-348 (83.7 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Also you erroneously have that the EV spread is to survive Ludicolo Hydro Pump at +1 SpD - that is only the case in rain

I'd OO HP Ground, not have it on the main set. It's there only for Heatran - every other common Fire-type is immune to it, and Terrakion / Mega Diancie are better handled with Giga Drain. You pair Volcarona with Pokemon that have strong match-ups against Heatran like those mentioned in your Team Options; Hitmontop, Rotom-W, Keldeo and Kyurem-B. It's not worth the moveslot.

Giga Drain hits more than Water-types, also Diancie and Terrakion who wall your STABs otherwise.

OO Fire Blast. It's useful on both sets - the first to avoid a SpA drop, and for the QD set, it nets a guaranteed OHKO on 44 HP Lando-T at +1
Also OO HP Rock for coverage against Fire-types sans Heatran and Flying-types that also resist Heat Wave (Salamence, Gyarados).

Remove WoW from OO, as you have it on the Rage Powder set already

Bughouse

"Survive Ludicolo Hydro Pump at +1 SpD"
I mean, it just survives it. reminder that this is survival in rain :o

Volcarona + Diancie = OTP

Probably wouldn't do Char Y as a teammate bc Rock Slide the meta

also do:
OO Fire Blast. It's useful on both sets - the first to avoid a SpA drop, and for the QD set, it nets a guaranteed OHKO on 44 HP Lando-T at +1
and
Remove WoW from OO, as you have it on the Rage Powder set already
from DM's previous comment

after that 2/3

Bughouse

yo Darkmalice totemo wants a third check and I saw you had comments above he addressed (also you're more active than the rest of QC after the two who already gave checks and the writer... rip)

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Lol this was actually next on my to-do-list srk1214 :)

Overview
-
it doesn't take on a defensive role; it takes on a supportive role
-could add that the Rage Powder set works well on offensive teams that want some support without losing momentum, where as the Quiver Dance set functions as a late game sweeper.
It's offensive presence, unique resistances, and ability to beat Amoonguss sets it apart from other Rage Powder users in the metagame.
-I don't really like this line
  • What's so special about being a Rage Powder user that beats Amoonguss? Amoonguss and Volcarona are the only relevant Rage Powder users except for the rare Vivillon which also beats Amoonguss. Somehow I think you're trying to reference Amoonguss because it's immune to Rage Powder, though I feel that's better off just being mentioned in the Rage Powder set just like it currently is.
  • You've mentioned niche typing twice
I would remove that line. When you reference utilizing its Rage Powder alongside its niche typing, add offensive presence here too.

Rage Powder
-OHKO the standard 252 HP / 72+ SpD Amoonguss; there may be that player that decides to invest more SpD into Amoonguss
-contrary to what you've said it doesn't survive a combination of Mega Kang's Fake Out and Return
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Fake Out vs. 224 HP / 76 Def Volcarona: 123-145 (33.5 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 224 HP / 76 Def Volcarona: 310-366 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(both moves together) 432-510 (117.7 - 138.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Adamant Kang always OHKOes with both together

Mind you the EV spread works well if you hold a Lum Berry. Otherwise, I'd just go 252 HP / 48 Def for the better mix bulk; it has similar physical capabilities too - both OHKOed by Lando-T's Rock Slide, Garchomp's moves from 12.5% to 25% chance of OHKO but it's not relevant enough. Unless I'm missing something with that old spread... BLOOD TOTEM

I would AC Lum Berry. It's handy for using Volcarona as a sleep counter and for redirecting Thunder Waves which would otherwise trouble Volcarona

Quiver Dance
Mention why Keldeo's Quick Guard support is helpful (blocks Talonflame's Brave Bird and Azumarill's Aqua Jet)

OO = good

Checks and counters

-can have Water-types and Rock-types to list examples. Then specifically mention Terrakion, Keldeo and Mega Diancie as they resist both STABs. Add to the list Azumarill. Mention that they none of them like Giga Drain on the QD set
-Speed should be under typing advantage, as both the examples you've given us super-effective attacks to beat Volcarona. Note however that Shaymin-S only has a small chance to OHKO and that's only with a Modest nature, where as Volcarona will OHKO it back
-can add Politoed under typing advantage for nerfing Fire-type attacks and hitting Volcarona super-effectively

Darkmalice

Level 3
First set
  • Say Sitrus Berry needed to avoid the OHKO from Kang's Return
  • The Special Attack investment provides enough power to OHKO Rage Powder Amoonguss 252 HP / 72+ Sassy Amoonguss. More informative, more correct (in case an Amoonguss decides to have more special bulk), and no point in mentioning Rage Powder when every single Amoonguss uses it
  • The Defensive EVs allow an invested Rotom-W Hydro Pump and also provide good physical bulk - it's more about, after the Speed and SpA benchmarks,
  • I'd still AC your old EV spread of 224 HP / 76 Def if you use Lum Berry - always survive Jolly Mega Kang Return even without Sitrus

Checks and Counters
-Faster threats such as Shaymin-S - you really need to mention that Volcarona OHKOes back and only Modest Skymin has a small chance of OHKOing

Could mention Speed control under checks and counters too; this applies mainly for the QD set. Useless sweeper if paralysed, useless in Trick Room. Thundurus-I ideal paralysis user, Jellicent ideal TR user as it resists both STABs and can hit back super-effectively, but must watch out for Giga Drain.

Once you update all this, time to get this out of the way

QC 3/3

Stratos

Banned deucer.
talonflame should definitely be in checks and counters, and u should mention that fire blast helps a lot vs aegislash, also implement darkmalices shit and get this moving BLOOD TOTEM ~_~ you have 3/3 this part is easy

edit: or give it to me to finish

volcarYES

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Darkmalice

Level 3
Stratos was using a volcarona set with fire blast to specifically kill things at +0 (with charcoal) like amoonguss and aegislash. fire blast kills landorus-therian at +1
Volcarona @ Charcoal
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
- Quiver Dance
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-ou-teambuilding-shop.3535365/page-2#post-6168999

this is in case you need to explain the purpose of fire blast
OO it. Sitrus Berry is too good to turn down on a Pokemon that is designed to set up, and that would remove the primary advantages of Charcoal. Lando-T is OHKOed by the current set even without Charcoal and 252 SpA, and Amoonguss will be OHKOed with any prior damage (has a 31.3% chance to OHKO).
+1 148+ SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 340-402 (103 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I do like the ability to OHKO Amoonguss and Aegislash before QD though, which is worth mentioning.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

1/2
Overview
########
Volcarona can fill two roles in the Smogon Doubles metagame. It can take on a supportive role; by utilizing it's Rage Powder alongside it's its niche typing, or it can go on the offense with a Quiver Dance set which makes it a powerful late(dash)game sweeper. Volcarona is unique as a Rage Powder user because as it maintains a powerful offensive presence(comma) so offensive teams don't lose momentum with it. Both sets are held back by Volcarona's poor physical bulk and weakness to common spread moves such as Rock Slide, but on the correct team, Volcarona can be a huge asset.

Rage Powder
########
name: Rage Powder
move 1: Overheat
move 2: Bug Buzz / Will-O-Wisp
move 3: Rage Powder
move 4: Protect
ability: Flame Body
item: Sitrus Berry / Lum Berry
evs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 100 SpA / 108 Spe

Moves
========
(spaces after all of these)
Overheat is used primarily to take out Grass-type Pokemon(comma) which are immune to the effects of Rage Powder, notably standard Amoonguss and Breloom. Bug Buzz provides more coverage and allows you Volcarona to put big dents in Pokemon such as Cresselia,(semicolon) it can also be used to help Volcarona avoid the Special Attack drop from Overheat. Will-O-Wisp is also a useful choice in this slot to help cripple physical attackers, such as Landorus-T, on a predicted switch. However, it can be redundant alongside Flame Body. Rage Powder compliments Volcarona's unique typing and allows it to support it's its partner by redirecting threatening attacks. Protect helps to stall out field conditions and increases Volcarona's longevity.

Set Details
========
(space)
The Special Attack investment provides enough power to OHKO 252 HP / 72 SpD Sassy Amoonguss. With the given Speed, Volcarona can outspeed Jolly Breloom and therefore avoid being hit by Spore. The rest of Volcarona's EVs are dumped into HP and Defense. Flame Body is preferred over Swarm to work in tandem with Flame Body. Sitrus Berry helps keep Volcarona alive to redirect more attacks, (remove comma) and is necessary to survive Mega Kangaskhan's Return, while Lum Berry helps Volcarona redirect avoid one Spore or Thunder Wave. If you choose to run Lum Berry, moving 28 HP EVs to Defense will ensure you Volcarona always survives Mega Kangaskhan's Return.

Usage Tips
========
(space)
Volcarona should use it's its options to take down weakened Pokemon or anything it can hit for super effective damage. Rage Powder can be used to help a teammate survive for an extra turn or possibly set up with a boosting move or Substitute. Thanks to Flame Body, Volcarona makes for a great switch(dash) in to predicted a predicted Fake Out, U-turn, or Fighting-type attack.

Team Options
========
(space)
Pokemon that fear Steel- or Fighting-type Pokemon make for good partners(comma) as Volcarona can redirect these attacks with ease. Diancie is a particularly good choice because since it can take out Flying-types that threaten Volcarona. Volcarona supports Water-type Pokemon that Amoonguss can easily switch in on(comma) such as Keldeo. Kyurem-B makes for a nice partner(comma) as it helps beat the rain archetype(comma) which Volcarona struggles with. Grass-type Pokemon such as Shaymin-S are good partners(comma) as Volcarona can redirect the Ice-type moves whilst while they can handle troublesome Water-type Pokemon such as Rotom-W.

Quiver Dance
########
name: Quiver Dance
move 1: Heat Wave / Fire Blast
move 2: Bug Buzz
move 3: Quiver Dance
move 4: Protect / Giga Drain
ability: Flame Body / Swarm
item: Sitrus Berry
evs: 160 HP / 16 Def / 148 SpA / 184 Spe

Moves
========
(space)
Heat Wave is Volcarona's primary STAB-boosted move. It provides spread damage(comma) which helps it Volcarona dish out as much damage as possible. Fire Blast can also be used in this slot to hit a single target for a lot more damage, and it is particularly helpful for Aegislash, who which otherwise can spam Wide Guard. Bug Buzz provides coverage and also hits through Substitute(comma) which can be useful. Quiver Dance allows Volcarona to become a much bigger threat. After accumulating a Quiver Dance boost, Volcarona is often capable of cleaning up a weakened team. Protect is used to maintain boosts and help stall out field conditions such as Tailwind or Trick Room. Giga Drain extends Volcarona's coverage and allows it to beat Pokemon that it usually can't touch, such as like Diancie, Keldeo, and Terrakion which it can't usually touch.

Set Details
========
(space)
The defensive investment allows Volcarona to survive a Mega Kangaskhan's Return as well as a Ludicolo's rain-boosted Ludicolo Hydro Pump after one Quiver Dance. The Speed investment means that Volcarona will beat Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T after a Quiver Dance boost. The remaining EVs are dropped into Special Attack for good damage output. Swarm can be used to help boost Bug Buzz's power at low health(comma) but Flame Body is typically preferred for the useful chance to burn(period)

Usage Tips
========
(space)
Quiver Dance is best saved for later in the game(comma) when Volcarona's checks and counters have been softened up, (remove comma) or knocked out. Protect should be used to help maintain any accumulated boosts while whilst Volcarona's partner switches to a favorable matchup or takes down any threats. Only use Quiver Dance when Volcarona is not going to take too much damage during the turn(comma) or it will become very difficult to protect the boosts.

Team Options
========
(space)
Fake Out support from Pokemon such as Kangaskhan and Hitmontop helps Volcarona Quiver Dance safely,(semicolon. period is also fine) Hitmontop also provides Wide Guard support to help protect Volcarona from threatening spread moves such as Rock Slide and Earthquake. Rotom-W can switch into the Flying-, Water-, and Rock-type attacks that threaten Volcarona and force them their users out. Keldeo can provide Quick Guard support to help which helps Volcarona deal with Azumarill and Talonflame, and it also beats Rock-type Pokemon. Kyurem-B is effective against the rain archetype(comma) which is threatening to Volcarona. Follow Me or Rage Powder support from Pokemon like such as Togekiss or and Amoonguss can help Volcarona set up safely.

Other Options
########
(space)
Through the use of Hidden Power Ground,
Volcarona can run Hidden Power Ground gains an option to be able to hit Heatran(comma) which otherwise walls it. Similarly, Hidden Power Rock can be used to hit Fire-type Pokemon like such as Chandelure. The Quiver Dance set can run Charcoal with Fire Blast to OHKO Amoonguss and Aegislash at +0, but it has a much harder time staying healthy enough without Sitrus Berry. Volcarona can make use of Hurricane on rain teams(comma) but, (remove comma) it is quite weak as because it does not receive a STAB boost. Tailwind is an option to help support slower Pokemon on the team.

Checks & Counters
########
(space)
**Typing Advantage**: Rock-type Pokemon such as Terrakion and Diancie can easily OHKO Volcarona and do not take much damage from any of it's its attacks. Water-type Pokemon such as Keldeo and Azumarill can also easily switch in on, (remove comma) and OHKO Volcarona. Politoed is particularly useful(comma) as it also weakens the power of Volcarona's Fire-type moves. Both of these sets of Pokemon need to be wary of Giga Drain. Faster threats such as Shaymin-S, Talonflame, and Choice Scarf Landorus-T can outspeed and easily take down Volcarona due to it's its relative frailty, although a fully healthy Volcarona can actually survive a Shaymin-S's Air Slash and OHKO back, though only if as long as it doesn't flinch.

**Utility Moves**(colon) Moves such as Fake Out can make Rage Powder a risky choice(comma) whilst while Taunt and Encore can stop Volcarona from doing its job effectively.

Replace every instance of it's with it is and read it again. If it sounds right, use it's. If not, use its.

ex: Diancie does not take much damage from any of it's attacks.
Diancie does not take much damage from any of it is attacks. (no)
Diancie does not take much damage from any of its attacks. (yes)

ex: It's a good idea to use Quiver Dance on a predicted switch.
It is a good idea to use Quiver Dance on a predicted switch. (yes)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)