Volcarona (Revamp) [QC: 2/3] (Writing up)

[QC Checks: Jukain / trc / ]
[GP Checks: / ]

Overview
########
  • Great STAB and coverage moves such as Fire Blast, Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, and HP Ground
  • Quiver Dance
  • Decent 85/65/105 bulk
  • Great speed tier of 100
  • Walled by most dragons and Fire types.
  • Can't do anything against stall unless Chansey faints.
Offensive Quiver Dance
########
name: Offensive Quiver Dance
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Bug Buzz / HP Ground
ability: Flame Body
item: Passho Berry / Lum Berry
evs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Quiver Dance is what mostly makes Volcarona viable; after just one boost, it allows Volcarona to be one of the fastest Pokemon, outspeeding Choice Scarf Landorus-T. It also enables Volcarona to hit extremely hard and even the ability Volcarona the ability to sweep. Fire Blast is the most important move on Volcarona, as it hits very hard, especially after at +1. Giga Drain allows Volcarona to hit Water-type Pokemon that resist its powerful Fire Blast such as Keldeo, Manaphy, and Azumarill. Bug Buzz has good neutral coverage and hits things like Latias, Latios, Slowbro, and Tyranitar hard, which otherwise would to stop Volcarona's sweep due to their ability to take a Fire Blast or a Giga Drain even at +1, and retaliate back with either status or heavy damage, if not outright KO. Alternatively, HP Ground allows Volcarona to hit bulky Fire-types such as Heatran and Mega Charizard X who would otherwise take any hit from Volcarona and either force Volcarona out with phazing or just KO.

Set Details
========

Special Attack is maxed out because Volcarona needs as much firepower as possible. The Speed EVs with Timid nature allow Volcarona to outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus-T at +1, and anything under base 92 Spe even with positive nature, without any boosts. The Rest of the EVs are put into bulk to allow Volcarona to take hits as much as possible. Alternatively, Max Speed instead of the current speed could be used to achieve a speed of 328, which would allow Volcarona to at least tie with other base 100 speed Pokemon such as Mega Gardevoir and Mega Charizard Y before a boost. Passho Berry allows Volcarona to survive strong water-type moves once, which allows Volcarona to set up on some common Water-types, such as Keldeo, or prevent powerful Water-type priority, such as Choice Banded Azumarill's Aqua Jet, from stopping it to sweep. Lum Berry allows Volcarona to have a one-time save from common status such as Toxic and Thunder Wave. It helps against the likes of Thundurus's Prankster Thunder Wave trying to stop Volcarona's sweep. It could also help Volcarona set up on Pokemon that commonly run moves that can status, such as Jirachi's Toxic or Body Slam. Finally, Flame Body is an occasional side affect that can come in handy every now and then. Getting revenged killed by Azumarill or Mega Pinsir, for example, will make them prone to Volcarona's Flame body, and getting lucky enough to get a burn on them will cripple them heavily and help Volcarona's teammates.

Usage Tips
========
  • Volcarona is best sent out mid-game or even late-game when everything is weakened and Volcarona has a chance to set up so it can clean up afterwards.
  • Early game Volcarona can put dents in the opponent by firing off a Fire Blast or a coverage as most players will switch into their check to stop a potential sweep, thus giving itself and its teammates an edge for Volcarona to sweep mid-game or late-game.
  • Only set up with Volcarona after its counters and even checks are taken out or at least weakened.
  • Volcarona will only function effectively if hazards - especially Stealth Rock - are off the field.

Team Options
========
  • Volcarona must have a teammate with hazard control as it really needs hazards off its field. Pokemon that can reliably spin, like Starmie and Excadrill, reliably Defog, such as Latios and Latias, or posses Magic Bounce, such as Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie, all make very good teammates.
  • Depending on the coverage combinations, different kind of Pokemon are recommended. For example, Volcarona's that lack HP Ground will much prefer teammates that can reliably handle Fire-types, such as Dugtrio, Keldeo, Starmie and Manaphy, while Volcarona that lack Bug Buzz would appreciate teammates that can handle and eliminate bulky Psychic-types, such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Weavile.
  • Pokemon that can counter all sets of Talonflame, such as Mega Manectric, Rotom-W, Tyranitar, and Slowbro, are also appreciated, as Talonflame can easily stop Volcarona's attempt to sweep.
  • Pokemon that can provide Healing Wish support, such as Celebi, Latias, or even Jirachi, are all good teammates that can get Volcarona back up to full health and having another chance of boosting.
  • VoltTurn support is also nice as it can provide Volcarona which much more opportunities to set up. With hazards, VoltTurn can also wear down Chansey by using Volt Switch or U-turn on the incoming Chansey and switching to something that would force it out such as Keldeo or Terrakion.
  • Finally, Memento users such as Latios, Whimsicott, and Dugtrio are also good teammates for Volcarona. As they can give Volcarona a huge chance to set up on the Pokemon targeted by Memento.

Other Options
########
  • Sitrus Berry is an alternative item over Passho or Lum Berry. It helps Volcarona if its teammates could not get Stealth Rock out of the fields, which means that if Volcarona switches in with Stealth Rock on the field, then it will regain health good enough to set up. However this is only possible if the HP number is even.
  • Expert Belt or Charcoal can be used instead of Passho Berry or Lum Berry. Those two items would allow Volcarona to have more power and a better chance of sweeping.
  • A bulky set with Quiver Dance and Roost could be used instead of the offensive Quiver Dance, but its generally lackluster as it deprives Volcarona of needed coverage and does not give Volcarona enough speed to outspeed fast threats such as Scarf Landorus-T at +1.

Checks & Counters
########
  • **Bulky Dragon Types**: Pokemon like Mega Altaria, Mega Charizard X (Has to be already mega evolved) and Dragonite can counter all of Volcarona's sets in almost any circumstances, including when rocks are up.
  • **Bulky Fire Types**: Pokemon like Heatran, Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y, and Assault Vest Entei all serve as solid checks to Volcarona, as most of them can take a hit at +1 and OHKO back.
  • **Bulky Water Types**: Pokemon such as Assault Vest Azumarill and regular Gyarados can check Volcarona, but are relatively shaky and its advised to keep hazards off for them so they can be more reliable.

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Giga Drain is 100% required and shouldn't be slashed with anything imo. I think Heatran is common enough and trickier to get rid of than Latis for HP Ground to be a better option than Bug Buzz and therefore worth putting as the first slash but I'm not too sure about that especially since TTar is rising in usage. I'd also slash Passho behind Lum but that's just me.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
  • HP Rock could be used as one of the coverage moves Volcarona gets
should HP be listed as a coverage move? imo it should be just stated as
"HP Rock is an option for Volcarona, as it OHKOs any kind of Talonflame - bar the SpD ones - without any boosts and OHKOs Mega Charizard Y at +1."
Also, i found a bulky Volcarona set on the calc, could this be added as another set
Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

im sorry if the set is bad, idk much else about volca cos it's a rare sight

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
It's Fire Blast, HP Ground / Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, Quiver Dance. Giga Drain is mandatory on its offensive set. Whether or not HP Ground or Bug Buzz is slashed first is up to QC. I find HP Ground pretty important to sweep past Heatran and even gives you the luxury of playing mind-games with Talonflame when they try to Roost after Rocks damage assuming you'll be switching out. Having your sweep pretty much ended by Char-X is really unfortunate as well. Bug Buzz is an ok option to dent bulky psychics and Choice Scarf Tyranitar however I feel pairing up Volcarona with a partner to handle these such as Bisharp or Weavile is much more suitable. Life Orb should get a mention as an OO due to added sweeping capabilities if those want to forgo utility for power. I truly believe that Passho Berry is the superior option on Volcarona and that buffer for Keldeo, Manaphy, and Azumarill is more helpful than one would think. Prankster Thunder Wave users such as Thundurus and Klefki should already be out of the way when Volcarona wants to sweep regardless. Lum Berry has its uses but I wouldn't slash it before Passho Berry.

In your usage tips you emphasize that Volcarona is only sent out mid-late game for a sweep but early game Volcarona can put dents in the opponent by popping off a coverage move or Fire Blast as most times players will switch into their check to stop a potential sweep, thus giving itself and partners an edge for the actual late game scenario.

Team options should include Talonflame checks and counters such as Rotom-W, Rhyperior, Landorus-T, Slowbro, just to name a few. Hazard control can be in the form of Starmie, the Lati twins, or Excadrill either as a stand alone spinner or one that is used on Sand Offense. M-Diancie and M-Sableye also make fantastic partners in regards to hazard control with the former being a solid Talonflame check and with M-Sableye's utility set can wittle down defensive and balanced builds to help Volcarona sweep late-game. Make a mention of Thunder Wave users such as Thundurus, Klefki, Thunder Wave Clefable, or any viable potential users of the move as this provides Volcarona an edge against various offensive builds without getting dented by them, think M-Metagross who is lured by Twave Clefable, M-Gallade, Latios, and Keldeo.

HP Rock is extremely sub-par coverage and a bad lure at that. You theoretically can hit Talonflame and Charizard on the switch in however you'll now miss a lot of intended targets that HP Ground or Bug Buzz would cover such as Heatran and bulky Psychic types all at once. You're much more inclined to include legitimates checks and counters to HP Rocks targets than to run it on Volcarona. I don't think it even warrants a mention quite frankly but that's my own personal opinion from using it. I'd remove the scarf mention as well. You're already using a mon designed to sweep to not only hit the speed benchmark that would be attained with Choice Scarf, but loses the benefit of its sweeping potential without that gain in power. In theory Scarf sounds neat but in practice you'll be yearning for its ability to set up and legitimately sweep in the first place.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Adding on to what AM has said, I'd make a special mention of Choice Scarf Tyranitar since it traps Latis and checks Talonflame+Pinsir all at one, making it a particularly good partner for Volcarona.

Also is Scarf even worth OO? The whole appeal of Volcarons lies in its amazing boosting move, and you're not beating any checks with scarf afaik so I see no reason to run it (it's also much easier to force out making Volcarona's greatest flaw, SR weakness, even more of a hindrance)

should HP be listed as a coverage move? imo it should be just stated as
"HP Rock is an option for Volcarona, as it OHKOs any kind of Talonflame - bar the SpD ones - without any boosts and OHKOs Mega Charizard Y at +1."
Also, i found a bulky Volcarona set on the calc, could this be added as another set
Volcarona @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

im sorry if the set is bad, idk much else about volca cos it's a rare sight
The bulkarona set got rejected - its not as good anymore. I'm keeping it at OO.
Giga Drain is 100% required and shouldn't be slashed with anything imo. I think Heatran is common enough and trickier to get rid of than Latis for HP Ground to be a better option than Bug Buzz and therefore worth putting as the first slash but I'm not too sure about that especially since TTar is rising in usage. I'd also slash Passho behind Lum but that's just me.
It's Fire Blast, HP Ground / Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, Quiver Dance. Giga Drain is mandatory on its offensive set. Whether or not HP Ground or Bug Buzz is slashed first is up to QC. I find HP Ground pretty important to sweep past Heatran and even gives you the luxury of playing mind-games with Talonflame when they try to Roost after Rocks damage assuming you'll be switching out. Having your sweep pretty much ended by Char-X is really unfortunate as well. Bug Buzz is an ok option to dent bulky psychics and Choice Scarf Tyranitar however I feel pairing up Volcarona with a partner to handle these such as Bisharp or Weavile is much more suitable. Life Orb should get a mention as an OO due to added sweeping capabilities if those want to forgo utility for power. I truly believe that Passho Berry is the superior option on Volcarona and that buffer for Keldeo, Manaphy, and Azumarill is more helpful than one would think. Prankster Thunder Wave users such as Thundurus and Klefki should already be out of the way when Volcarona wants to sweep regardless. Lum Berry has its uses but I wouldn't slash it before Passho Berry.

In your usage tips you emphasize that Volcarona is only sent out mid-late game for a sweep but early game Volcarona can put dents in the opponent by popping off a coverage move or Fire Blast as most times players will switch into their check to stop a potential sweep, thus giving itself and partners an edge for the actual late game scenario.

Team options should include Talonflame checks and counters such as Rotom-W, Rhyperior, Landorus-T, Slowbro, just to name a few. Hazard control can be in the form of Starmie, the Lati twins, or Excadrill either as a stand alone spinner or one that is used on Sand Offense. M-Diancie and M-Sableye also make fantastic partners in regards to hazard control with the former being a solid Talonflame check and with M-Sableye's utility set can wittle down defensive and balanced builds to help Volcarona sweep late-game. Make a mention of Thunder Wave users such as Thundurus, Klefki, Thunder Wave Clefable, or any viable potential users of the move as this provides Volcarona an edge against various offensive builds without getting dented by them, think M-Metagross who is lured by Twave Clefable, M-Gallade, Latios, and Keldeo.

HP Rock is extremely sub-par coverage and a bad lure at that. You theoretically can hit Talonflame and Charizard on the switch in however you'll now miss a lot of intended targets that HP Ground or Bug Buzz would cover such as Heatran and bulky Psychic types all at once. You're much more inclined to include legitimates checks and counters to HP Rocks targets than to run it on Volcarona. I don't think it even warrants a mention quite frankly but that's my own personal opinion from using it. I'd remove the scarf mention as well. You're already using a mon designed to sweep to not only hit the speed benchmark that would be attained with Choice Scarf, but loses the benefit of its sweeping potential without that gain in power. In theory Scarf sounds neat but in practice you'll be yearning for its ability to set up and legitimately sweep in the first place.
Adding on to what AM has said, I'd make a special mention of Choice Scarf Tyranitar since it traps Latis and checks Talonflame+Pinsir all at one, making it a particularly good partner for Volcarona.

Also is Scarf even worth OO? The whole appeal of Volcarons lies in its amazing boosting move, and you're not beating any checks with scarf afaik so I see no reason to run it (it's also much easier to force out making Volcarona's greatest flaw, SR weakness, even more of a hindrance)
I removed mentions of Scarf set in OO - I agree it's not too appealing.
I also removed HP Rock from OO.
Made Giga Drain move 3 and slash HP Ground w/ Bug Buzz on move 4 (Bug buzz main slash though, I'm not too sure either so QC can decide on this)
And did Passho > Lum.
And yeah elaborated more on team options and set details. (This was still WIP but thanks guys!)

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
not really much to say. mention sitrus somewhere, it's nice if you can't get rocks off the field reliably or just to take a hit while setting up. mention hw support from celebi/latias in team options. 1/3

not really much to say. mention sitrus somewhere, it's nice if you can't get rocks off the field reliably or just to take a hit while setting up. mention hw support from celebi/latias in team options. 1/3
Mentioned Sitrus in OO
and mentioned the hw support pokes in team options.

I would remove Salamence from C&C, it is not even good in OU without its banned Mega.

Thundurus is not as relevant as it once once, but Volcarona still needs a teammate that can handle it, as Prankster Thunder Wave can screw any Volcarona lacking a Lum Berry over. Mega Manectric checks not only Thundurus, but Talonflame as well, while providing Intimidate + Volt Switch to give Volcarona safe switch-in opportunities if Stealth Rock is off the field.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dugtrio should be mentioned in team options if running bug buzz. It traps tran and can also give Volc free setup opportunities with memento. Also, I wouldn't call Volcarona deadweight against stall - it's far from it. Once Chansey is gone, Volc has a field day with it. A few things need to be weakened, Sure, but that doesn't make it deadweight at all. VoltTurn support could also be mentioned somewhere to give Volc setup opportunities.

I would remove Salamence from C&C, it is not even good in OU without its banned Mega.

Thundurus is not as relevant as it once once, but Volcarona still needs a teammate that can handle it, as Prankster Thunder Wave can screw any Volcarona lacking a Lum Berry over. Mega Manectric checks not only Thundurus, but Talonflame as well, while providing Intimidate + Volt Switch to give Volcarona safe switch-in opportunities if Stealth Rock is off the field.
Put Mega Mane in team options, though I'm hesitant to remove Salamence from C&C, since it is viable in OU, and even though outclassed, it still has usage and can counter volc.

Dugtrio should be mentioned in team options if running bug buzz. It traps tran and can also give Volc free setup opportunities with memento. Also, I wouldn't call Volcarona deadweight against stall - it's far from it. Once Chansey is gone, Volc has a field day with it. A few things need to be weakened, Sure, but that doesn't make it deadweight at all. VoltTurn support could also be mentioned somewhere to give Volc setup opportunities.
Mentioned Dugtrio & VoltTurn support. Also as long as Chansey is there then Volcarona always can't do anything to stall, but I see your point and I changed the phrase to -> can't do anything vs. stall as long chansey is alive.

i wouldn't really consider flame body overview material - it's more like an occasional side effect that only comes into effect in specific situations, like being revenged by a mega pinsir, azu, or being ~ballsy~ and switching in on landorus-t u-turns. the most typical ways of revenging volcarona physically are talonflame and sandexca, obviously azu and pinsir are the ones that risk the flame body burn, so it would be interesting to talk about that dynamic a bit in usage tips; a burn could open up a setup opportunity, or perhaps prevent your own rp landorus from being revenged by band azu ajet, for example.

mention max speed in set details for the chance to tie with 328s at least which can obviously be clutch in situations with no other way to win

move sitrus up to set details. also i guess you could mention like your standard sweeper items like charcoal which has a definitely noticeable power difference:
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 185-218 (62.2 - 73.4%)
+1 252 SpA Charcoal Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 221-261 (74.4 - 87.8%)
and you can talk about how lum gives safer setup vs jirachi avoiding body slam para/toxic

team options looks pretty good. voltturn section needs to be more specific but you can also talk how, like, if the opposing team isn't running celebi as their grass then you can vswitch on chansey and force it to keep taking hazard damage while going into something to force it out like your mmeta/keld/terrak/taunt gengar etc and i think there should be a section on pressuring chansey like you have bisharp pursuit, consistent voltturn, with like spikes, knock off landorus-i, etc. things that lure in things volc can setup on are really cool too and memento latios is like the perfect partner since it lures in jirachi so i'd mention that.

qc 2/3

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Put Mega Mane in team options, though I'm hesitant to remove Salamence from C&C, since it is viable in OU, and even though outclassed, it still has usage and can counter volc.

Mentioned Dugtrio & VoltTurn support. Also as long as Chansey is there then Volcarona always can't do anything to stall, but I see your point and I changed the phrase to -> can't do anything vs. stall as long chansey is alive.
"Dragons" is already enough, with Dragonite being the only thing possibly worth mentioning since it OHKOs after Rocks with Band E-Speed or sets up in front of you if it's actually running DD (plus it doesn't fear Flame Body since those tend to have Lum Berry). Also it's actually somewhat relevant, unlike Salamence.

i wouldn't really consider flame body overview material - it's more like an occasional side effect that only comes into effect in specific situations, like being revenged by a mega pinsir, azu, or being ~ballsy~ and switching in on landorus-t u-turns. the most typical ways of revenging volcarona physically are talonflame and sandexca, obviously azu and pinsir are the ones that risk the flame body burn, so it would be interesting to talk about that dynamic a bit in usage tips; a burn could open up a setup opportunity, or perhaps prevent your own rp landorus from being revenged by band azu ajet, for example.

mention max speed in set details for the chance to tie with 328s at least which can obviously be clutch in situations with no other way to win

move sitrus up to set details. also i guess you could mention like your standard sweeper items like charcoal which has a definitely noticeable power difference:
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 185-218 (62.2 - 73.4%)
+1 252 SpA Charcoal Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 221-261 (74.4 - 87.8%)
and you can talk about how lum gives safer setup vs jirachi avoiding body slam para/toxic

team options looks pretty good. voltturn section needs to be more specific but you can also talk how, like, if the opposing team isn't running celebi as their grass then you can vswitch on chansey and force it to keep taking hazard damage while going into something to force it out like your mmeta/keld/terrak/taunt gengar etc and i think there should be a section on pressuring chansey like you have bisharp pursuit, consistent voltturn, with like spikes, knock off landorus-i, etc. things that lure in things volc can setup on are really cool too and memento latios is like the perfect partner since it lures in jirachi so i'd mention that.

qc 2/3
Implemented everything.
"Dragons" is already enough, with Dragonite being the only thing possibly worth mentioning since it OHKOs after Rocks with Band E-Speed or sets up in front of you if it's actually running DD (plus it doesn't fear Flame Body since those tend to have Lum Berry). Also it's actually somewhat relevant, unlike Salamence.
Yeah, Dragons is probably enough, going to remove Salamence unless QC says to put it back.

If you are going to mention Sitrus berry in OO then mention that it won't activate after taking SR damage from full unless you have an even HP number.

everything looks set in stone so far, just give a mention of fiery dance, hp ice, and life orb in oo. fiery dance trading power for accuracy and a 50% chance to raise sp attack, hp ice to hit chomp/altaria/dnite/latis and life orb for more wallbreaking prowess. looks good, 3/3

everything looks set in stone so far, just give a mention of fiery dance, hp ice, and life orb in oo. fiery dance trading power for accuracy and a 50% chance to raise sp attack, hp ice to hit chomp/altaria/dnite/latis and life orb for more wallbreaking prowess. looks good, 3/3
i'll put this and complete my write up when I have time, thanks :]

As said above, pls add Fiery Dance in OO and even let it be slashed, as after the boost it gives it hits harder than Fblast and has no haxy miss chance. Volcarona is a terrifying offensive force but one problem it has is being slowly worn down by tankish Pokemon. Sure it can Quiver Dance right in Blissey's face, but Blissey will still probably take it out with Toxic or Thunder Wave long before Volcarona collects enough Quiver Dances to beat the pink blob. Chesto Rest helps solve this problem. Quiver Dance until the Blissey, Tentacruel or whatever has you near death. Then Rest, and Quiver Dance further with this new "life". This set is extremely dangerous against stall that relies on residual damage and Blissey / Chansey as Chesto Rest Volcarona has little trouble getting around them. Speed EVs outrun Scarf Rotom and Scarf Adamant base 100s after one Quiver Dance with the rest of the spare EVs placed in bulk. HP hits an odd number so Stealth Rocks does less damage while the remaining 4 EVs is slapped into Special Defense. Although still struggles to defeat the blobs, it gives an Okay chance to win the 1v1. Set Below. Other options can have a Choice Specs. In the sun can be pretty incredible. Even Blissey can't easily take a Specs Fire Blast with sunlight.

- Fiery Dance / Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Rest
Item Attached: Chesto Berry
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 148 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible mention an alternate spread with enough Speed to prevent Scarf Kyurem-B revenges (+1 Fire Blast always OHKOs -SpD after Rocks)? You need 216 EVs and the current HP investment doesn't specify what (if any) OHKOs and 2HKOs it lets you avoid.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say this, but I have been extremely busy lately and it doesn't look like I will be able to finish this anytime soon.
I would like to drop this.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I'd be willing to take this over as I only have one other analysis(Starmie) at the moment which is currently in it's write up stage.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)