OU Volcarona

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor

QC: Valentine | aim | Jukain

GP: Jukain | The Dutch Plumberjack

Overview
########

Volcarona is an interesting Pokemon that has access to one of the best boosting moves in the game, Quiver Dance, making it a truly formidable sweeper. With good STABs, reliable recovery, and a fantastic setup move, one might think Volcarona would be a common OU Pokemon. Sadly, Volcarona has some crippling flaws that hold it back, such as a glaring 4x weakness to Stealth Rock, a case of four-moveslot syndrome, and low physical bulk. In addition, Volcarona matches up poorly against some of the most prominent OU playstyles in the current metagame, such as Flying-type and sand offense, both of which can severely limit its effectiveness. However, with proper team support, Volcarona can easily break teams in two, and can also be used as a reliable win condition.

Offensive Quiver Dance
########
name: Offensive Quiver Dance
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Hidden Power Ground / Bug Buzz
ability: Flame Body
item: Passho Berry / Life Orb / Lum Berry
evs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
nature: Modest

Moves
========

Volcarona was blessed with Quiver Dance, a move that boosts the user's Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed stats by one stage, making it an extremely potent sweeper, as well as making it trickier to revenge kill with a special move. Fire Blast is ridiculously powerful backed up by a Life Orb boost. It rips and tears at +1, breaking down and delivering a 2HKO to specially bulky Pokemon such as Sylveon. Giga Drain is almost necessary, providing a way for Volcarona to defeat bulky Water-types, and has the added bonus of being able to mitigate Life Orb damage. In addition, it can KO Keldeo, Terrakion, Gyarados, and Manaphy after Stealth Rock, which would otherwise be massive threats. Hidden Power Ground is used to KO Heatran and Mega Charizard X, two common Pokemon that resist Fire/Grass coverage. However, Bug Buzz is a viable option to KO Tyranitar, Latios, and Latias at +1, which could otherwise wall Volcarona.

Set Details
=======

160 Speed EVs let Volcarona outspeed Mega Manectric and Choice Scarf Heatran after a boost as well as Adamant Excadrill outside of sand before. 252 Special Attack EVs with a Modest nature maximize Special Attack, while 96 HP EVs give Volcarona an odd HP stat, giving it three switch-ins to Stealth Rock. Passho Berry allows Volcarona to set up in a pinch or avoid a revenge kill from the likes of Keldeo and Azumarill. Alternatively, Life Orb delivers a large boost to power, while Lum Berry is a good alternative to prevent status.

Usage Tips
========

When attempting to finish and clean the opposing team, Volcarona is ideally used late-game, when any checks or counters to it have been defeated or severely weakened, allowing it to set up and mercilessly rampage through the opposing team with no interruption. To make this easier, keeping Stealth Rock off the field is imperative, as otherwise Volcarona will be much easier to check and often won't get as many opportunities to set up. Additionally, Volcarona is countered and checked by commonly used Pokemon such as Heatran, meaning that Volcarona can be used to lure them in and KO them with a super effective Hidden Power. If such a Pokemon is on the opposing team, Volcarona can be sent out earlier to start setting up, which can lure the opponent into sending out their Volcarona check, only to be defeated by a surprise Hidden Power.

Team Options
========

Entry hazard removal is the first thing needed when using Volcarona, as being 4x weak to Stealth Rock almost always requires a hazard remover. Pokemon such as bulky Starmie, Excadrill, and Latias are good at this role and remove hazards very efficiently. Physical wallbreakers such as Choice Band Terrakion can regain momentum and force out Volcarona's checks and counters, while being able to demolish anything that stands in their way. Pokemon that can lure in and beat Volcarona's counters such as Knock Off Landorus are fantastic partners, weakening them and allowing Volcarona a much easier time sweeping without interruption. Another solid partner is Keldeo, which can defeat Chansey and Blissey with Secret Sword, while Volcarona can beat bulky Grass-types that stop Keldeo from spamming its Water STAB moves. The two carry decent defensive synergy as well, with Keldeo resisting Rock and Water, and Volcarona resisting Grass. A very common and reliable check to Volcarona is Talonflame, so Pokemon that can force out or KO it such as Rotom-W and Tyranitar make good partners. Tyranitar can also Pursuit trap Latios and Latias, which can check any Volcarona set lacking Bug Buzz.

Bulky Quiver Dance
########
name: Bulky Quiver Dance
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 2: Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Roost
ability: Flame Body
item: Leftovers / Lum Berry
evs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
nature: Bold

Moves
========

Quiver Dance is your first and best choice for a setup move, boosting Volcarona's Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed stats by one stage each. This makes Volcarona a terrifying sweeper, while the addition of the move Roost makes it much more difficult to wear down. This gives Volcarona much-needed longevity, which in turn allows it to acquire many more boosts over the course of the match, eventually overwhelming the opponent. Fire Blast is Volcarona's strongest STAB move, pummeling things with its sheer power. However, Volcarona's signature moveFiery Dancecan be put to good use here, as every time it inflicts damage, there is a 50% chance of raising Volcarona's Special Attack by one stage, making it become more powerful as it starts sweeping, at the cost of quite a bit of power. Giga Drain is absolutely mandatory, as otherwise, Volcarona loses to any Rock- or Water-types that it comes across; it also allows Volcarona to restore its health to some degree.

Set Details
=======

248 HP EVs are used in order to take hits better and allow three switch-ins with Stealth Rock on the field. 124 Speed EVs are used to outspeed neutral-natured Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl at +1, with the rest of the EVs put into Defense. To further increase Volcarona's physical bulk, a Bold nature is used. Leftovers is used for slight recovery, whereas Lum Berry offers Volcarona a one-time cure for status.

Usage Tips
========

This set Volcarona set plays much differently from the more offensive sets, as it lacks immediate power even after a boost; as such, it must have its checks and counters defeated or weakened to the point where it can handle them. This is because the set plays the roles of both a boosting sweeper and your win condition in most games, so it should be left in reserve until the opponent has nothing that can threaten it and it can use Quiver Dance until it obtains enough boosts to sweep. Using Roost to mitigate Stealth Rock damage is also an option and is often needed when an opportunity to set up presents itself.

Team Options
========

As with all Volcarona sets, the first order of business is to have Pokemon that can keep Stealth Rock off the field. Defoggers such as Latios and Latias are great partners due to resisting Water and being able to use Defog quickly thanks to their high Speed stats. Keldeo and Landorus are amazing partners, due to their ability to defeat Chansey and put pressure on most special walls. Tyranitar and Rotom-W are also amazing teammates, being able to handle most Talonflame sets. Tyranitar can also set up Stealth Rock, which can wear down the opposing team, whereas Rotom-W can use Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers, helping Volcarona take neutral or resisted hits much better as it sets up.

Other Options
#########

Volcarona has a few other options, such as Hidden Power Ice, which it can use to dispatch of Dragonite after Stealth Rock damage and Garchomp, two Pokemon that would otherwise be able to tank Volcarona's Fire STAB moves, with Garchomp also standing a decent chance to survive Bug Buzz from the offensive set. Roost and Fiery Dance are both options for the offensive set, as Fiery Dance can allow Volcarona to become progressively stronger as it sweeps while still doing damage, whereas Roost mitigates Life Orb recoil and can provide Volcarona with more longevity. A more gimmicky set with Rest+Chesto Berry could work, getting boosts in and then using Rest to cure any status and damage done. Finally, Hidden Power Rock is a great move to KO Mega Charizard X and specially defensive Mega Charizard Y, as well as hitting Talonflame on the switch.

Checks & Counters
#########

**Fire-types**: Specially defensive Fire-types, such as Heatran, Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, and Talonflame, can handle offensive Volcarona to a good degree, only fearing a stray Hidden Power Ground or Hidden Power Rock. Talonflame is the best check, as Gale Wings allows Brave Bird to ignore Volcarona's Speed Boosts; it only fears Hidden Power Rock on the switch. Specially defensive Fire-types also easily beat the bulky set, which would have to sacrifice a better move to be able to lure and beat them.

**Bulky Special Walls**: Chansey and Blissey are great counters to Volcarona, being able to come in on boosted hits, and use Thunder Wave or Toxic in order to cripple it and prevent a sweep. They can also use Soft-Boiled to heal off any damage taken.

**Rock-types**: While slightly more shaky than Fire-types, faster Rock-types like Mega Aerodactyl and Scarf Terrakion can check both Volcarona sets, with the former being able to survive a +1 Life Orb-boosted Giga Drain after Stealth Rock. Tyranitar beats any set lacking Bug Buzz, making it an ideal check as well.

**Stealth Rock**: Stealth Rock chips away half of Volcarona's health each time it switches in, making it a priority to set it up when Volcarona is on the opposing team.

**Water-types**: Despite it carrying Giga Drain, certain Water-types can check Volcarona, such as Assault Vest Azumarill and defensive Gyarados, both of which can stomach a Giga Drain and KO with Waterfall. Greninja can also KO an unboosted Volcarona with Life Orb Hydro Pump. On the other hand, Choice Scarf Keldeo and Choice Band Azumarill can both revenge kill a boosted Volcarona with Hydro Pump and Aqua Jet respectively. However, the majority of these checks lose to offensive Volcarona sets that run Passho Berry.

Last edited:

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
  • Physical wallbreakers like Choice Band Terrakion to beat it's checks and counters like
I see this kinda thing in a lot of analyses so I might try and address this more broadly at some point, but the point is that this suggestion really makes no sense under scrutiny. If you send out a Terrakion and start slugging away at the opponent the last thing they're going to do is have a Chansey, or or whatever be weakened by this. I mean think about it.. Choice Band Terrakion might be a good for something that hates Lando/Gliscor/Hippo/Mega Scizor/ALomomola/Skarmory/Quagsire/Venusaur or something because it can lure these in and deal a crushing attack, or at least important semi-permanent damage to them. Volcarona tends to have bigger problems than those kinds of mons or even has an easy time with them. But even suggesting things that directly counter Volcarona's counter don't actually help Volcarona vs. its counters. The team will benefit from this, as you will be able to regain some kind of momentum, but say.. switching a Gengar into a Chansey doesn't really do anything if the opponent responds with Knock Off Sdef Gliscor (which counters Volcarona anyways but that's not the point). So it should be worded to say that it's more an offensive partner than something to help beat its checks.

In my head at least, a better way to go about supporting Volcarona would be lures or trappers to its counters, though Volcarona is not all that outstanding, so an entire teamslot to trap for it would be excessive. "Special Overload" is probably the most viable offensive support I think Volcarona can get. A team with a specially offensive bias that has its own tools to screw around with typically common specially defensive Pokemon can degrade the opponent's AV users, Heatran, Chansey, Unaware Clef, and all the other things that are a nightmare for Volcarona. Unexpected Taunts, U-turns, Knock Offs, coverage moves or just plain hazards+double switching would actually serve to do lasting damage to counters.

But I gotta say I do not relaly know how to use this thing. I built a team around it in the Genesect/Lucario era and even then it didn't really do much.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Yeah, I suppose offensive partner is a better phrase, very well put.

Using Volcarona, it honestly seems that you require something for Chansey, as it's the only complete hard counter to all it's sets IIRC.

With smart play, stacking hazard damage on it, and offensive pressure, and double switches like you said, I do feel it would be easier Chansey as can't take a Fire Blast at +1 if it's been weakened:

+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 253-298 (35.9 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 203-239 (31.6 - 37.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Keldeo seems like a good partner if your running Bug Buzz for its ability to switch into and deal with Tran, SDef Gliscor and the blobs and Volcarona can deal with Lati@s, Celebi, Slowbro, Jellicent and bulky grasses. They both whittle down azu to the point where one can KO

SDef Talonflame and Zard (mainly Y but X could deal with it in a pinch) should be added to C+C.
Also mention that HP rock should be used on the predicted switch if you run it as Talonflame has priority

I see no mention of talonflame anywhere in C&C, i am honestly surprised about that :3
every single talonflame set can swiftly OHKO Volcarona and avoids the OHKO from almost every move in Volcarona's arsenal, even at 1+ (except for hp rock)
Heck, even if Talonflame has zero attack investment, volcarona has a 12.5% chance of surviving talon's brave bird.

+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 268-316 (90.2 - 106.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

You should mention that hp rock nails talonflame on the switch

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Edits are being done guys, don't worry, just bogged down with some IRL stuff.

+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 263-309 (88.2 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

I'll put down a shaky check at best for boosted variants, but it beats it unboosted for sure

I meant SDef on Zard-Y too
Sorry for the confusion

+1 252+ SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 240 HP / 136+ SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 162-192 (45.3 - 53.7%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO

I forgot to put sun into the first time I calc'd it so it's not as great a check but it can 2HKO it at +1 SDef w/ Fire Blast

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Quick Update: School started, and slowed down the pace, but I should be able to finish the bulky set soon

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Anything I need to put on the Bulky set that I may have missed, since the checks and counters are pretty much the same?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You only do one "checks and counters" section and one "other options" per analysis. So basically merge them and put them at the end of the analysis, and also look at them. A bulky set, for example, shouldn't be in OO, because it's a set.

Also relating to C&C, Offensive Volcarona 2HKOs Chansey at +3, so it isn't /the best/ counter. Of course assuming LO damage, possible SR, and Seismic Toss, this isn't always going to end in Volcarona's favor. Chansey is just so passive that Volc, under ideal conditions, can actually use it as setup bait. You do have to bank on Fire Blast hitting twice, but whatever. Volcarona is unreliable against Chansey (and Bliss), and Chansey is unreliable against Volc, so I kinda think it should be removed.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
You only do one "checks and counters" section and one "other options" per analysis. So basically merge them and put them at the end of the analysis, and also look at them. A bulky set, for example, shouldn't be in OO, because it's a set.

Also relating to C&C, Offensive Volcarona 2HKOs Chansey at +3, so it isn't /the best/ counter. Of course assuming LO damage, possible SR, and Seismic Toss, this isn't always going to end in Volcarona's favor. Chansey is just so passive that Volc, under ideal conditions, can actually use it as setup bait. You do have to bank on Fire Blast hitting twice, but whatever. Volcarona is unreliable against Chansey (and Bliss), and Chansey is unreliable against Volc, so I kinda think it should be removed.
But most Chansey/Blissey carry some type of status, either Thunder Wave which cripples it very hard, and then Toxic which can quickly limit its sweep, especially if Volcarona lacks roost and isn't already boosted to +3

I'll ask QC about it, and take their input as well.

And thank you very much for your advice in formatting, first analysis :p

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Overview

Be more critical. Stress more reasons why Volcarona is pretty terrible now, since it really is bad. Talk especially about how much it hates FlySpam, sand, and to a lesser extent rain, which all screw it over in different ways.

Other Options
  • Volcarona can run a bulky set as well, using 120 Speed Evs, and the rest in HP and Defence, but this means it lacks coverage options and is walled much more
Remove, since bulkarona is a set already.
  • Substitute can block status and help Volcarona to acquire more boosts
Imo remove, because if you look at Volcarona, you see a SR weak mon with Life Orb that often needs to take a hit and sometimes is in sand. It's worn down way too fast for Substitute to be of any use imo.
  • Roost allows recovery and staves off Life Orb recoil and SR damage
  • Fiery Dance lacks the immediate power of Fire Blast, but has a 50% of increasing SpA
Specify that these are both options for the offensive set, since both moves are staples on the defensive set.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
"232 Speed EVs allow it to outpace positive-natured base 150's after a Quiver Dance"
Huh? Are there any pokemon in OU that are close to that base speed now that Deo-s is gone? Maybe you should mention some scatters that it can outspeed after a QD, but saying pokemon with base 150 speed is pointless unless you have a good example.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm assuming this refers to MZam and MAero, however, these two rarely ever run a +Speed nature, so that's probably more speed than is neccesary. I personally think 160 Speed would be a better benchmark, since that lets you outspeed Jolly Mega-Heracross, standard Mew, and Adamant Excadrill outside of Sand at +0 as well as Scarf Heatran and Mega-Manectric (who is the fastest relevant unscarfed Pokemon in OU excluding MAero and MZam who as I said usually run Adamant and Modest respectively) at +1. Most relevant scarfers outspeed you anyway if you run Modest, no there's no real point in trying to creep them at +1.

Valentine

Banned deucer.
this seems just about right, i really enjoyed running 290 speed (i believe that's 216 evs, which leaves 40 hp evs), for my offensive set. but i guess the spread isn't as important as giga drain, which is absolutely mandatory for volc this gen, very pleased to see you have it on both sets. slash lum berry next to leftovers on the bulky roost set, in my experience it helped a lot. nice job, cool to see other ppl using volc, not the best mon but a lot of fun.

well done.

1/3

When you format the c&c properly for the final product id include a general section of rock types, because type advantage and what not.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
When you format the c&c properly for the final product id include a general section of rock types, because type advantage and what not.
Rock types honestly aren't Volcarona's biggest problem imo, as Giga-Drain/Bug Buzz take care of all relevant rock types, barring Aerodactyl (Mega), so they can't be listed as a Counter, but I'll give a mention to them as checks for unboosted Volcarona.

tehy

Banned deucer.

Uh..yes it is. You switch in on the quiver dance. Two Seismic Tosses slam Volca down to a little over 40%. Fire Blast;Chansey tanks it and Seismic Tosses. Unless Chansey was already weakened to the point where Giga Drain Koes, chansey just takes the fire blast and they both go down.

Not to mention that Chansey could Softboiled once and then toss again

Not to mention that 1% residual damage lets Chansey only take one Fire Blast

And holy shit not to mention, status Chansey just wins. Thunder wave basically means that volca is crippled of course, though it'll actually outspeed chansey at +3, but then soft stall with seismic in the mix is much more viable since you're stalling for both damage and paralysis chance. Though Volcarona can turn the tables by quiver dancing even more.

As for Rock-types, ScarfRak wins, TTar wins if you're Giga Drain or bulky, rhyperior always loses.

Ash Borer I do agree with the philosophy. Still, BandRak and such are so strong that they can force sacrifices, which means they can use Chansey to rip apart your opponent's team. It's imperfect since T-wave stops that and Toxic+Tosses wear him down, but there's that.

It's also worth noting that you need something capable of actually killing whatever counter exists. If you have 6 mons that can, say, mess with chansey on the switch, then it won't have to switch in at all. Especially for something like Chansey, you need something capable of actually just ending it.

Ultimately, i'd like lures to be big Team Options mentions, but i'm not sure if they should be talked about in Checks and Counters. Certainly, that would mean we'd have to radically redefine what a check really means.

I see this kinda thing in a lot of analyses so I might try and address this more broadly at some point, but the point is that this suggestion really makes no sense under scrutiny. If you send out a Terrakion and start slugging away at the opponent the last thing they're going to do is have a Chansey, or or whatever be weakened by this. I mean think about it.. Choice Band Terrakion might be a good for something that hates Lando/Gliscor/Hippo/Mega Scizor/ALomomola/Skarmory/Quagsire/Venusaur or something because it can lure these in and deal a crushing attack, or at least important semi-permanent damage to them. Volcarona tends to have bigger problems than those kinds of mons or even has an easy time with them. But even suggesting things that directly counter Volcarona's counter don't actually help Volcarona vs. its counters. The team will benefit from this, as you will be able to regain some kind of momentum, but say.. switching a Gengar into a Chansey doesn't really do anything if the opponent responds with Knock Off Sdef Gliscor (which counters Volcarona anyways but that's not the point). So it should be worded to say that it's more an offensive partner than something to help beat its checks.

In my head at least, a better way to go about supporting Volcarona would be lures or trappers to its counters, though Volcarona is not all that outstanding, so an entire teamslot to trap for it would be excessive. "Special Overload" is probably the most viable offensive support I think Volcarona can get. A team with a specially offensive bias that has its own tools to screw around with typically common specially defensive Pokemon can degrade the opponent's AV users, Heatran, Chansey, Unaware Clef, and all the other things that are a nightmare for Volcarona. Unexpected Taunts, U-turns, Knock Offs, coverage moves or just plain hazards+double switching would actually serve to do lasting damage to counters.

But I gotta say I do not relaly know how to use this thing. I built a team around it in the Genesect/Lucario era and even then it didn't really do much.
I second Ash Borer's statement. If you want to harass Heatran / Chansey / Azumarill and other Volcarona checks, you need Pokemon that can lure them in and cripple them. I personally love Volcarona, but it struggles with so many Pokemon, and a banded Terrakion is not going to lure Chansey any time soon.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Uh..yes it is. You switch in on the quiver dance. Two Seismic Tosses slam Volca down to a little over 40%. Fire Blast;Chansey tanks it and Seismic Tosses. Unless Chansey was already weakened to the point where Giga Drain Koes, chansey just takes the fire blast and they both go down.

Not to mention that Chansey could Softboiled once and then toss again

Not to mention that 1% residual damage lets Chansey only take one Fire Blast

And holy shit not to mention, status Chansey just wins. Thunder wave basically means that volca is crippled of course, though it'll actually outspeed chansey at +3, but then soft stall with seismic in the mix is much more viable since you're stalling for both damage and paralysis chance. Though Volcarona can turn the tables by quiver dancing even more.

As for Rock-types, ScarfRak wins, TTar wins if you're Giga Drain or bulky, rhyperior always loses.

Ash Borer I do agree with the philosophy. Still, BandRak and such are so strong that they can force sacrifices, which means they can use Chansey to rip apart your opponent's team. It's imperfect since T-wave stops that and Toxic+Tosses wear him down, but there's that.

It's also worth noting that you need something capable of actually killing whatever counter exists. If you have 6 mons that can, say, mess with chansey on the switch, then it won't have to switch in at all. Especially for something like Chansey, you need something capable of actually just ending it.

Ultimately, i'd like lures to be big Team Options mentions, but i'm not sure if they should be talked about in Checks and Counters. Certainly, that would mean we'd have to radically redefine what a check really means.
Yeah that comment wasn't recent; idrk why you brought back something no one's been talking about for two weeks. Ik why it's totally wrong, and I agree with theepicbro for choosing not to add it.

As for rock types, you're right. ScarfRac beats you no matter what, Mega Aerodactyl beats you as long as you don't have HP Ice/Rock, and Tyranitar beats you as long as you don't have Bug Buzz. Also, the only Rock-type you always beat 1v1 is Rhyperior.

However, Dactyl is 2hkod, so even though it does beat Volc, it's going to be left with 26% after successfully killing it, which isn't ideal for a check.
Terrak aero and even ttar arent ohkod by anything at +1
Well, Terrakion is always OHKOd by the offensive set and Tyranitar is always OHKOd by offensive sets with Bug Buzz. Kinda picking at straws, since Bug Buzz isn't ideal on Volc + Rakion is often Scarf, so it wins, but w/e; they still can be ohkod by the common set.
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 395-465 (122.2 - 143.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 369-437 (108.2 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 432-510 (106.9 - 126.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)