VoltTurn Mayhem

So when does the deban for test of blaze and or mega blaze begin?
As soon as I figure out whether to test regular or mega first, just in case more than one person thinks it'd be better to test regular first. But, so not to hold things up indefinitely, I'll make a call tomorrow night. (Unless I fall asleep first again. >.>)

Hazards. Hazards on everything.

EDID: Also, I'm loving the ghost type. Immunities to Rapid Spin and Fake out, good stuff.

EDIT: Edit is spelled with a t.

I am a horrible, forgetful person. But, either today or as soon as they update it, consider Mega-Blaze temporarily unbanned for testing. Please use and abuse it and regular Blaze to see if they are broken or not. Replays are, of course, appreciated.

The Fake Out clause should be edited into the OP, as well as any unbans that happened that I forgot about.

Hoopa-Unbound looks usable. Hyperspace Fury breaks through Protect and its Defense drop doesn't matter. Looking through these replays, I'm not seeing a lot of switch-ins either.

And lastly, how do Doom Desire and Future Sight work?

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This set looks good on Slaking

Slaking @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Truant
Naive Nature
- Giga Impact
- Retaliate
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Beam

Hate Lando-T? Garchomp? Dragonite? (All very viable mons) Slaking da Vengeking is here. The secret? Ice Beam. Lando intimidates expecting a weak as fuk retailate, and gets bopped by a Ice Beam. Makes use of Slaking's good 95 SpA. Lures Lures Lures all around!

This should make slaking much much more viable since Retaliate-Switch or Giga Impact-Switch.
Given that Retaliate tops out at 140BP, I would sooner just run Giga Impact. Facade as backup, and two coverage moves. Hell, Return might even be viable, because Slaking does NOT want to risk missing Giga Impact if it doesn't have to.

Oh cool to see this get picked! I had kinda forgotten about it, though that's not hard since the last post was back in Feb of last year. I'll need to dig around and see if I can find the teams I was using on Aqua way back when. I know I had a couple of fun strategies.

Inner focus, with the exception of Lucario, can't switch in, and if they can it doesn't help much. So, from my experience, this guy is much more helpful.
Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor/Protect
- Sucker Punch/Protect
It can switch in, annoy the enemy, and, when the game is near its end, beat the enemy completely because they cannot hurt it. It greatly benefits from this meta due to the prevalence of fake out and the easy switching.

The moves are fairly obvious. Will o wisp punishes switches, while, shadow sneak provides an attack and a fast switch. X-Scissor is a far more powerful attack, suitable for punishing switches. Sucker punch, meanwhile, allows you to pivot out from normal types. Protect is another option- It allows you to scout and see if the enemy is capable of harming you.

While rock hurt it, this mon also benefits from the Lati twins, who can use scarfed Draco Meteor to punish the meta. Since defog also switches them out, they can easily remove rocks and pivot Shedinja in.

Of course, it isn't without flaws. Talonflame doesn't care what this guy tries and punishes any switches, while rough skin makes it dangerous to attack. Similarly, it will die to random rocky helmets.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i like running Pursuit in this meta. Especially this wonderous combo

(Momentum Thief) Lopunny @ Lopunnite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Giga Impact / Return
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

(Dark Bishop) Bisharp @ Dread Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Need to Pursuit trap annoying mons but afraid to directly switch? Dat Sylveon giving problems? Well this pair of pals will easily take care of all that and more!! Mega Lop is probably the best mega atm, thanks its high speed and power, but specifically its STAB Scrappy Fake Out. All other moves should be used only if a kill is guareenteed. But here is how it works. Use Fake Out on Psychic/Ghost/Fairy type mon. Then bring in Bisharp safely!!! For Psychic type mons click Pursuit 80% of the time because usually they flee on sight. For Ghosts its the same thing but be careful, as alot carry WoW. For Fairies click Iron Head, as NO fairy survives a Bisharp's Iron Head after recieving a Fake Out from good ole Lopunny. This can be done to eliminate pesky Spinblockers, Mega Kazam, Hyper Beam -ate fairies and stuff.

Agreed. Fakeout is way too overpowered in this setup. They should force a server start. Right now most people just juggle fakeout then go "It's not cheating if the server allows it. lol." I have had fakeout hit before EXTREME SPEED. This is not right at all.

And to the people who say "use protect"- it just locks you into being hit by fakeout NEXT turn.
And scald or other status? Yeah, good luck landing it before fakout. You won't.

Last edited:

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Agreed. Fakeout is way too overpowered in this setup. They should force a server start. Right now most people just juggle fakeout then go "It's not cheating if the server allows it. lol." I have had fakeout hit before EXTREME SPEED. This is not right at all.

And to the people who say "use protect"- it just locks you into being hit by fakeout NEXT turn.
And scald or other status? Yeah, good luck landing it before fakout. You won't.
Actually, protect is a completely viable strat. Fake out only works on the first turn out, so protect gets rid of that threat. After protect, you can threaten with a priority move or just attack if you're faster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)