Vortex Of Decimation (Peaked 1400s)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by D4RR3N, Sep 24, 2011.

1. D4RR3N

D4RR3N

Sup smogon. This is a team i made around ago originally for the suspect votings, but my internet went down like the day before the the suspect votings end, so i ended up being close to hitting reqs. This is a Hyper Offense Team made based on Mixed Infernape, a pokemon that shined like a star in the gen we left behind.
    So without further ado, let me present you: Vortex Of Decimation.

Team Building Process:
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Yeah, the whole team started with the idea of me wanting to use Infernape, a poke i've always wanted to use in a team.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ok so I added Scizor, considering it murders the likes of Latios and Gengar, which could give Ape a hard time.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ok so seeing Starmie being a threat to both Infernape and Gengar, i decided to add Rotom-W.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Next, i added Deoxys-S, a good pokemon for setting up entry hazards on Hyper Offensive teams.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Seeing my team not having a hard-hitting physical attacker, i decided to add Dragonite, one of my favourite physical attackers of all time.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ok, the team's almost done by now. I decided to add a Starmie as my last poke considering a Rapin Spinner would be useful for my team and LO Starmie hits everything hard.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    But then, seeing Starmie isnt useful to my team, i quickly removed it for a gengar. Gengar doesnt have the ability to spin, but it's still useful to my team, which you'll see later.

In Depth:
    [​IMG]

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 232 HP / 160 Atk / 28 SAtk / 88 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Superpower
    - Psycho Boost

This is a so called "lead" of my team. Stealth Rocks and Spikes are crucial for this team, as they can help me get easier KOs. Just because of this reason, Focus Sash is crucial as it lets me set up both SR and Spikes unopposed in most cases. The Hp EVs might be weird at first glance, but it lets me survive a Crunch from non-Banded Tyranitars without bringing me to my Sash. Superpower was chosen on this set to OHKO non-Chople Tyranitars, which is a pretty common "lead" in the OU metagame and Psycho Boost is there for stab and it does a lot of damage against stuff like Politoed and Rotom-W.

[​IMG]

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Fire Punch

DD Dragonite is a complete monster, winning me a lot of games that i would've lost. Multi Scale is the key to success of this set, letting me set up on a lot of stuff that might be threatening to my team. As for the moveset, it covers almost everything in OU, except for Heatran. But, it's not that Heatran could take hits from Dragonite well, +1 Outrage actually 2HKOs Heatran after Stealth Rocks, bar random physically defensive variants.

[​IMG]

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Trick
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Here's Rotom-W, one of the best revenge killers in the OU metagame as of now. 224 Speed EVs puts me at 396 speed, outspeeding based 130 pokes and Timid Scarf Politoed. Hydro Pump hits hard with a Modest nature, while Volt Switch is a good scouting move and HP Grass surprises Gastrodon switch ins for a 2HKO when they was like "Hey i could wall Rotom-W".

[​IMG]

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SDef
    - U-turn
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit
    - Bullet Punch

Now here's my 2nd Revenge Killer, Scizor. This thing works extremely well with Rotom-W, as they lures out each others counters. The moves are pretty much self-explanary, while the evs let me take hits from the likes of latios better and proceed to revenge kill them the next turn.

[​IMG]

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Pain Split
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

This thing's a beast, and of course i can back up the statement of me saying it's a beast. Firstly, it beats Blissey one on one. YES, BLISSEY. Other then that, it's also a good spin blocker of my team, since i wouldnt want entry hazards set up by Deoxys being spun away. Life Orb lets me hit things hard, and Ghost + Fighting hits everything.

[​IMG]

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Fire Blast
    - Close Combat
    - Mach Punch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Now for the Star of the team, We got Infernape! This thing wrecks like everything with good prediction, and 2HKO/OHKO pretty much everything in OU. Fire Blast and Close Combat are good and reliable stabs, and paired with Life Orb, it pretty much hits anything that doesnt resist it hard. Mach Punch is useful for revenging faster and weakened pokemon, and doing enough damage to Excadrill so that Dragonite could switch in and kill it with Extremespeed. HP Ice surprises Landorus switch ins, as they usually wouldnt predict me to have it.

So yeah, that's pretty much it. Rates will be appreciated.

Edit:

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
    - Substitute
    - Disable
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Over

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    - Substitute
    - Pain Split
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
  2. D4RR3N

D4RR3N

reserved for threat list
  3. gookie

gookie Adominnustrata
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

multiscale lum dnite runs best in rain as sandstorm will most likely be prevalent (i realize that ss damage is at the end of the turn but this prevents dnite from having even one turn on the field) in addition you don't even run a spinner.

well the obvious problem is your team is 6-0'd by excadrill after rotom-w has had a little bit of residual damage.

also, i don't know where you're getting your calcs from but 0 attack tyranitar does 79.6% - 94.7% to deoxys-s with 252 hp EVs so you have a chance to be ohko'd after SS damage, seeing as how tyranitars do tend to run some attack EVs at least some of the time, not to mention you're not using max hp, so basically you're better off attacking and hoping they're not chople. in addition, running not max speed leaves you weak to other lead deoxys-d who can just taunt you, so i'd probably suggest 12 atk / 244 hp / 252 spe @ LO superpower / taunt / spikes / stealth rock allowing you to ohko max hp tyranitar 100% of the time, of course you lose to chople, but win some lose some.

furthermore, you have one steel pokemon, who's not even that defensively inclined, leaving you massively weak to latios which could very well OHKO you on the switch with hp fire, and leaving everyone else, including dragonite OHKO'd by Draco Meteor; not to mention your massive weakness to dragmag.

you also only have only rotom-w, and not even a bulky variant to check rain teams, as dnite is slaughtered by ice beam after multiscale is broken.

back to the drawing board imo.
  4. D4RR3N

D4RR3N

well for Excadrill, i could do like 80% with Ape's Mach Punch, he kills me with Earthquake, i switch to dnite and proceed to finish it with E-speed. Besides i think i made a mistake on the rmt. 232 hp was meant to live Crunch from sp defensive tars, which usually dont carry attack evs. And fyi, this is an hyper offense team, people usually dont run two steels in these kind of teams, and even if they do, one of the steel types is something fragile for example lucario. Take a look at Lamppost's The Skies Are Clear RMT and PK Gaming's Enter the Dragon RMT. None of those teams carry two steel types, cause it's not a team that you switch in pokes to take hits, but instead it's that kind of team that you should have good prediction. So yeah.
  5. gookie

gookie Adominnustrata
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

yes, but you'll notice that PKG's team carries 1. politoed to check exca (given, i overlooked your ape's iron fist mach punch), however you are still weak to landorus + excadrill, PKG's team also has mamo to check opposing dragons. His team carries great offensive synergy and has checks for common threats, which yours does not.

you also failed to address the other weakness i listed, latios / rotom-w being an extreme fragile variant.

hyper offense is very tough to pull off in the current metagame!

you can attempt to change your scizor to a bulky SD roost variant as that helps with latios to an extent.

however, you will need at least one more rain check, so perhaps something like bulky NP celebi.

i'd also recommend a bulkier spread on dragonite, with leftovers and roost, allowing you to sponge more water / fire attacks that your team needs, whilst still maintaining offensive presence.
  6. afterburn

afterburn
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Hey D4RR3N, solid team. There really are only two problems I see with this team. The first is the lack of a true Rock- type resist, meaning something like CB Terrakion or CB / Scarf Tyranitar can cause quite a lot of damage with powerful Stone Edges, at the very least KOing one member as you bring in something to revenge kill them. The second problem is Bulk Up Conkeldurr, who gets a set-up on Scizor locked into Pursuit or -1 Superpower and then potentially sweep you, with your only option being Rotom-W's Trick (at the cost of its life).

The first change is a quite simple one, changing Gengar's moveset to the SubDisable set. Although it's not a 100% counter to Conkeldurr like Gliscor, it does give you insurance against it, and can check it. The way it works is (I'm sure you know how) by coming in on the Bulk Up or luring out a Drain Punch, using Substitute, as it Paybacks, then disabling the only move in its arsenal which can actually hurt you and halting its sweep. My second change requires swapping Choice Band Scizor for Offensive Trick Room Bronzong. This will give you a valuable Rock- type resist, and with Max HP you can tank those Stone Edges well. It also poses an offensive threat against opposing offensive teams due to the sheer amount of speed on those teams. Macho Brace will make you slower than TR Reuniclus, allowing you to cripple it with Hypnosis, but Life Orb is also a solid option.

The things you need to watch out with this change are primarily CM Reuniclus and CM / SD Virizion. For Virizion if you can keep Deoxys-S alive you can KO SD variants with Psycho Boost, and do huge amounts on CM variants, leaving them as easy pickings for Dragonite. For CM Reuniclus however, you can try the same strategy with Gengar as you do with Conkeldur With Psychic disabled you can then do good amounts of damage with Dragonite's Outrage. Bronzong or Rotom-W can cripple with Trick / Hypnosis. I didn't mention this earlier, but you also lack an Electric- type resist, giving an opening to Rotom-W and Thundurus. Thankfully, none of your Pokemon are weak to Electric- attacks, and you can hit most of them quite hard. If I would patch up the Electric- / Rock- type resist it would be Magnezone instead of Bronzong, but doing so makes you weaker to TR Reuniclus, and it's not like your team needs help removing Steel- types, as everything carries a move to smack them. I really like these types of non weather teams, and yours is quite solid, luvdisc'd.
    Movesets (open)

[​IMG]
    Gengar @ Leftovers | Levitate
    Timid | 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
    Shadow Ball / Disable / Substitute / Focus Blast

[​IMG]
    Bronzong @ Macho Brace | Levitate
    Brave | 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    IVs: 0 Spe
    Trick Room / Gyro Ball / Earthquake / Hypnosis
  7. D4RR3N

D4RR3N

thanks for the rate dude, i'll definitely change my gengar's set and try out that zong
  8. Squirrel.

Squirrel.

Yo nice team I like the HO style so fun to use! First off though I would definitely change that Deo-s Speed set to probably:

Deoxys-S @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 SAtk
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Psycho Boost
    - Fire Punch

The previous 88 speed legit does nothing but scout for scarf heatrans which is nonexistent, or it means your running 88 speed to tie other 88 speed Deo-s which wont help at all either. You will either be able to set up against Deo-s if not taunt or you wont be the speed isn't helping you. So just add the 88 somewhere else I suggested atk to make fire punch a 100% ohko on scizor and the added evs do more to fortress who love to try and come in and spin. I would also consider changing Dragonites set since you aren't running a spinner SR will probably get up. It would be best to just give it as much power as possible to make its E-Speed extremely good also you might be able to run waterfall or EQ to kill a few heatrans off since from experience seems like people don't switch heatan out from dnite.

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Outrage
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Waterfall
    - Fire punch
  9. D4RR3N

D4RR3N

Kay CB Dnite would probably be worth trying out thanks for the rate bro!
  10. gookie

gookie Adominnustrata

i apologize for my shitty rate earlier, i playtested a bit and found this is an excellent team, although i do not really like the TR bronzong as it's a pretty shaky reuniclus check. i think keeping scizor is a better idea as you can check ddnite better and reliably handle non hp-fire reuniclus, however, as you went for CB on your dragonite i think a bulky roost three attacks set

Scizor @ Life Orb
    248 Hp, 40 Atak, 220 SpDef
    Pursuit / Roost / Bullet Punch / Bug Bite

would work better as three choice users leaves you prone to be set up on, which is really hard for a team like yours to handle
  11. Howard

Howard

Darren, I said I'd get around to rating your team, and I'm not one to break promises. It's hard for me to make suggestions that haven't already been made, seeing as the team is pretty solid all around, and doesn't need that much work aside from slight variations to already existing Mons. That being said, I agree with the switch to CBNite, seeing as you can use it to crush a lot of set up Mons with the extra power. Since your team can't really afford to let something set up, I think it might be wise to try and KO before you allow that situation to take place. Other than that, great team bro, and I'll see you around the interwebs.
  12. BKC

BKC sorrow flew on black wings
    is a Tutoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 16 Championis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion
    Mentor

Hi Darren, this is a really good team and there's not much room for improvement, so my suggestions will be minimal, but still beneficial.

First off, run Low Kick over Superpower on Deoxys; now even Chople Tyranitar is KO'd, and it'll be harder for your opponent to revenge you without the -1 Defense effect from Superpower. Also, try Taunt over Psycho Boost - by preventing hazard setup, you make your team alot more dangerous, especially Dragonite. Psycho Boost is good for surprise killing Tentacruel before it can spin away your hazards, but the combination of Gengar + Rotom-W has that covered.

Also, try U-turn over HP Ice on Infernape. Since Ape lures in Latios, you can now get in a light hit before escaping to Scizor - no need to take 50% from a Draco Meteor any more. U-turn also has great utility in forcing your opponent to switch again and again to rack up hazard damage (great against stall teams), especially since you're running the Scizor + Rotom-W combo.

gl!
  13. D4RR3N

D4RR3N

I'll try CB Nite, thanks for the rate dude!

Taunt sounds like a great move on Deoxys-S. I'll definitely try that and U-Turn over HP Ice on Infernape out. Thanks dude!
  14. D4RR3N

D4RR3N

bumping in to see if you guys have any more suggestions.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)