Wall breaking: a guide for the offensive side

Please make some coherent statements. I'm having trouble figuring out what changes you actually want me to make or if you're just advocating Choice Specs Wailord (there's a better place than here to do that).

On a side note, Blaziken has better offensive stats in both categories than Infernape, but is slower and has a smaller movepool.

I suppose Trapinch could be mentioned as a UU trapper, as even though Dugtrio's Attack is lower, he's simply more durable than Trapinch (and saying Dugtrio is more durable is really saying something). And even with Focus Sash, Trapinch can only really do its job once. It probably would do better in UU though.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
well put together, and i'm glad to see that the suggestions in this thread are being implemented.

I'd expand further on the pokemon combinations section that Aldaron suggested since it will end up being the most practicable portion of the guide, and will encourage people to search for team synergies rather than clumping a bunch of dissonant strategies together.

You should really give breloom it's own section(or at least a mention), since Breloom is probably the best wall buster out there. It's also the best SkarmBliss counter in the game, since it also counters Swampert and Dusknoir.

I could give Breloom a mention, but as of yet I have no sections for individual Pokemon. Infernape is technically a better SkarmBliss counter, even if it's stopped by Dusknoir (Grass Knot handles Swampert and any other bulky waters/grounds).

You should add a section on just Powerful pokes who can break walls. The list should be: Dragonite, Heracross, Salamence, Garchomp, Infernape, etc

See: choice and boosting.

Snorlax doesn't carry Pursuit too often from my understanding. The pseudo trappers I mentioned are Pokemon who use Pursuit often or always.

I think mentioning some UU "mixed-attackers" will help complete this guide. Certain UU pokemon like Nidoking/queen, Clefable and maybe Camerupt, as well as the BL Magmortar all are great feasible "wall-breakers" even in Standerd environment. Electivire is commonly mixed too, as well as Abomosnow, if you want to mention all of the most useable possibilities.

I enjoyed the language of the article, athough i felt some sentences were a tad lengthy. Good jod in putting this together though.

I listed the ones that are most commonly used, and OU Pokemon are, as their name suggests, most commonly used. Personally I feel that Nidoqueen, Clefable, and Camerupt have much better things to do that mixed attack (such as counter Heracross, be a special attacker, and so many other things for Clefable). Abomasnow is common, yet niche. If you want a hail team he'll be on it, and he'll only be on it if it's a hail team. And that's another guide written by Dragontamer I believe.

Does this still need to be edited for grammar? I ask because I noticed mistakes in the second sentence, but I figured you might have a 'for editing' copy or something that you are not posting yet.

In the GSC generation, (I am pretty sure a comma is needed after this in clause) the sheer stalling power of two of the metagame's best walls enraged the users of NetBattle, which led (once again, maybe not super totally necessary, but dropping contractions usually leads to run ons, I am pretty sure) to a wave of "NO SKARMBLISS!!!1!1!" in NetBattle user descriptions.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Take off Lucario as a mixed attacker. There is never a time that a mixed sweeping Lucario will ever be more effective than a standard Lucario, barring HP Ice on a SD set I guess.

At this stage in the metagame, this guide leaves out one of the best mixed sweepers, Kingdra.

Not only that, Electivire with T-Bolt, Flamethrower, Cross Chop, HP Grass is one of the more common wallbreaking sets.

I believe another mention for wall breaking is pokemon that have good attacking types. Let me explain... special fighting in specs Lucario has no trouble breaking down Blissey, and physical water and ice easily takes care of most physical walls. Therefore, Pokemon like Lucario, Gyarados, and Mamoswine are incredibly hard to counter with common walls simply because of the STAB moves they use, whether they go all physical or special. I mean, no Gliscor is walling Gyarados anytime soon... I feel this is important and should be added into the guide.

Bump this seems to be a useful article is it ready for HTMLization? I'll be taking care of that but a couple of fixes/things to add/suggestions to the guide itself will be very much appreciated. Have a nice day ^_^.

~edit: I've read it and I don't see anything in particular that needs fixing so I'm going straight to HTMLizing it. I will be adding a few things the OP left out(examples mostly) but nothing major ^_^;.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)