ORAS OU Wallbreakers' Unite

What do you think about Stall ?

• Total voters
Hi fellow Smogoners, and welcome to my brand new RMT, made to beat those modafuckaz that keep playing stall.
As well as many of you guys, i really hate facing stall teams. I don't have anything against those in fact, since good stall players can really make interesting to watch games, but those on the ladd that play ABR Stall because it's hype omg weavile on a stall that's so freaking cool (Nothing against those who had this idea, just against the ppl that spam it mindlessly) are really annoying.

(Also, take notice that i'm french and so there may be mistakes in sentence formulation)

Anyways, let's go a bit more in depth on this team !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Teambuilding Process
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

: I wanted to build a team around Specs Kyu-B, that could be great against Stall but still not struggle against offense.

: Then, i needed some way to remove hazards and check Fighting-types and most notably Keldeo. Starmie was just perfect for that !

: Now, i wanted a way to constantly pressure bulky cores, and it's where Band Ttar comes in : With his powerful Pursuit, he can trap Latis that can be quite hard to handle, and also weaken Chansey quite hard since Pursuit deals around 50% to the blob.

: Then, i wanted a wall that could possibly setup SR. At first, i thought about Hippo, but it was way too redundant and it would bring another Water weakness. That's why i took Ferro, which can setup SR quite easily and can handle a myriad of threats notably with his Rock resist.

: From here, i needed a fast scout, so i immediatly bring Lando-T which is one of the best at this job with his Scarfer set. It also gives me a bit of momentum with one U-Turn user which is very useful when you use wallbreakers.

: It's very strange to fit a Charizard-Mega-Y at the end of the team, but that did happen. It completes the Fire/Water/Grass core, it brings sun to lessen Water-types attacks damage and moreover has a really good synergy with Band Ttar which can trap Latis and Chansey to help Chari-Y.

Kyurem-Black
Item :
Choice Specs

Ability : Teravolt
EVs : 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature : Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
IVs : 0 Atk
Draco Meteor
Ice Beam
Earth Power
Hidden Power [Fire]

Kyurem-Black is known as one of the best wallbreakers in the entire game, due to his incredible damage output and insane coverage with mixed BoltBeam and access to moves such as Earth Power and Roost to increase both his coverage and his longetivity.
However, i didn't wanted to play those common sets, because i think there's one much better way to play him : The Choice Specs variant !

With a Choice Specs, Kyurem-B is actually able to blow apart all its designed counters, since Clefable is now 2HKOed by Ice Beam, and Scizor-M and Ferrothorn will get shrekt by HP Fire.
Kyurem-B will also be able to wallbreak much more efficiently with Specs Draco Meteor, which packs one hell of a punch.

Draco Meteor - Devastating 130-BP STAB that will blow everything expect bulky Steel-types, Fairies and Chansey.

Ice Beam - Secondary STAB that still packs pretty good damage, but has no immunities and no chance to miss like Draco Meteor.

Earth Power - The best coverage option for Kyu-B. Hits Heatran, Jirachi, Magnezone and other bulky Steel-types that could wall Kyurem easily without it. Also nets a 2HKO on non-AV Azumarill after rocks, and is able to hit Rotom-W because of Teravolt.

Hidden Power [Fire] - You hate Ferro ? You hate Scizor-M ? WELL THEN ! This move can net an OHKO on both pokemon after rocks (and yes, this Kyu is Timid not Modest), even if Ferro has a slightly lesser chance to get OHKOed by it.

Starmie
Item : Colbur Berry
/ Leftovers

Ability : Natural Cure
EVs : 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature : Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
IVs : 0 Atk
Scald
Psyshock
Rapid Spin
Recover

Even if i prefer Offensive versions of Starmie, i have to admit that Defensive versions also works pretty well.
It pairs very well with the rest of the team with its Water resist, its ability to counter Keldeo quite hard, his ability to shrug off status with Natural Cure and most of all its access to Rapid Spin to support the team.
Right at the moment, i prefer Colbur > Lefties to escape at least one Pursuit to keep spinning and countering Keld. That really helps when an enemy outplays you out like bringing Keldeo then double on Weavile when you bring Starmie in, thus making prediction a bit easier ; tho Lefties is perfectly viable.

Scald - Since Scald appeared in pokemon, it made a lot of people cringe real hard, and it's not hard to see why. With almost no immunities and 30% burn chance, it's really hard to switch in that move since even Water resists may eventually get burnt and worn down easily. That also remove the possibility for physically oriented pokemon such as Azumarill to come in that move.

Psyshock - Fuck Keldeo. Also fuck Gengar. (Scald is broken don't use that apart from those two)

Rapid Spin - Very useful to get rid of Stealth Rocks and (T)Spikes. You're pretty much forced to run Defog or this in like every team.

Recover - Allows Starmie to stay healthy throughout the match, thus making it a perfect Keldeo counter.

Tyranitar
Item : Choice Band

Ability : Sand Stream
EVs : 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe // 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature : Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Superpower

Since his apparition in GSC, Tyranitar has always been a tough guy to face. His myriad of resistances, great coverage, great bulk, great stats overall let him be possibly the most influent pokemon in every generation.
And well, Band Ttar is a thing i really love to play. I play it in every generation from ADV, and ORAS makes no exception.
His ability to remove Latis and weaken Chansey is really godlike in every kind of team, from stall to offense.
Not much to say here tho, play it or face it and you will understand the harsh reality of what Band Ttar can do.
I still prefer the max HP for better bulk, but as full speed Ada Band Tar can actually outspeed defensive Lando-T by one point it's actually a pretty good option. 76 Speed allows Ttar to speed creep most Skarmory variants.

Stone Edge - Rock STAB is always a good thing to have in a team. It has no immunities, and there's not that much pokemon that actually possess a resistance to it. The problem here is that we're talking about FUCKING BAND TTAR, and in this case, finding switch-ins to that thing will not be easy.

Crunch - Pretty good secondary STAB that still does a shitton of damage because we talk about FUCKING BAND TTAR if you still didn't got it. Since Dark resist often gets rekt by Stone Edge (Hi Clef), you will often find yourself in the position where your opponent HAS to sack something in order to deal with your monster. (Oh lord i'd love to see what would happen if Ttar learnt Knock Off)

Pursuit - They wanna switch out ? GRAB DAT ASS UP THEN ! Pursuit is really one of the strongest moves in the entire game along with Scald and Knock Off and it's not hard to see why. It just punishes the most natural thing in pokemon : Switching. Lmao at this point it could even be "I'm punishing you from using items". owait Knock Off is that you ?

Superpower - Fucks Ferro and stuff. In fact, you will only use it in like 50% of your games since you can just spam Stone Miss and Pursuit to get your job done.

Ferrothorn
Item : Leftovers

Ability : Iron Barbs
EVs : 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Nature : Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
IVs: 0 Spe
Gyro Ball
Knock Off
Leech Seed
Stealth Rock

This thing is great at many things. Stops like 1/3 of the meta and setup Rocks or Spikes like he doesn't even care. Behold the Ferrothug.
His ability to weaken switch-ins with Leech Seed is unrivaled in the meta, and his typing and bulk allows him to switch into so many threats it's unreal. imo looks a bit like ADV Swampert, you know, the thing that can switch in almost every physical attacker ever.
Again, i don't really know what to say. It's Ferro. It does things, a lot of things and is always useful.

Gyro Ball - 150 BP STAB is nothing to laugh at, even without any attack investment. It does surprisingly good damage, and it hits Clef which is pretty important in ORAS.

Knock Off - I had no Knock Off user in this team so well. I gave it to Ferro since it can make use of the move pretty well actually.

Leech Seed - Wanna switch a thing in ? Well it's gonna take a ~17% max HP every turn. Fun isn't it ? Also pretty useful to keep Ferro healthy along with Lefties.

Stealth Rock - I forgot about a thing when i mentionned the holy trinity of Scald / Koff / Pursuit. I forgot the most important thing in the game : Stealth Rock ! This thing is a must-have on any team that doesn't wanna troll.

Landorus-Therian
Item :
Choice Scarf

Ability : Intimidate
EVs : 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature : Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Hidden Power [Ice]
U-Turn

Well, here it comes ! The unknown, unnoticeable and unplayed Landorus-Therian. This thing really deserves more attention. I know it's barely usable in this meta since he only have U-Turn, Intimidate, STAB EQ, immunity to opposing EQ and ability to setup rocks OR revenge kill OR setup his own SD or Rock Polish, but i really wanted to try that original thing.
Here, i play the Scarf variant, but it's still pretty bad since it can't revenge kill anything with his bad speed and low damage but well.
I decided to take HP Ice to lure the guys who play the even worse defensive variant with Rocky Helmet.

Earthquake - Very bad STAB with only 100 BP. Thus, flying-types are immune to it, making it even worse. But well, it has STAB so it's fine i guess.

Stone Edge - A baby Stone Edge compared to Ttar's, but still hits quite hard honestly.

Hidden Power [Ice] - I hate people that also use Landorus-T because this is my idea and nobody steals my ideas. So i must counter my own personnal unknown pokemon. How embarassing.

U-Turn - I want you to grab that momentum and KEEP IT ! Landorus-T is a very bad pokemon atm so you need to profit the little he can do for your team.

Charizard-Mega-Y
Item : Charizardite Y

Ability : Drought
EVs : 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature : Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
IVs: 0 Atk
Fire Blast
Focus Blast / Ancient Power
Solar Beam
Roost

Here it comes, the 3rd wallbreaker ! Specs Kyu-B and FUCKING BAND TTAR aren't enough so there we go.
So, if you wanna play Zard-Y here's the super secret way to get it well : CLICK FIRE BLAST. If there's an Heatran in the opposing team ? CLICK FOCUS MISS (you will miss it but it's not that bad since Heatran will have his booty saved). If there's a fucking Water-type ? SOLARBEAMUUUUUUUU !.

Now you know how to play Zard-Mega-Skill, just go on the ladd and make your country proud :')

Fire Blast - For once, this things deserves its name. It uses Fire and it Blasts off the enemies.

Focus Blast - More like Focus Miss. You will never hit dat sexy Heatran booty with that tho.

Solar Beam - You thought Water-types were Fire-types counters ? lol.

Roost - Well as swaggy as he is, Zard-Y can get weakened, so having a recovery move that lessen its Rock weakness is always great to have. Care for EQ tho.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Threatlist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weavile :
Well, any offensive team that doesn't pack Keldeo or Lopunny-M (And even then Keldeo won't like losing his item and Lopunny won't like Icicle Crash damage) will often get rekt by this badass guy.
The only thing that i see that can truly be considered as a Weavile counter is MScizor that really doesn't care about anything he'll throw at him.
SpD Talonflame : This thing is the reason for why i still hesitate to give Zard-Y Ancient Power. It burns my team like he doesn't even care and even Kyu-B can struggle against him since mine doesn't have Roost.

Take notice that i may have forgotten some.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Specs
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Starmie @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-Turn

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Hope you'll all like this team and i hope you will be able to rekt lots of stall teams with that !

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, cool team. I like the use of Scarf Lando over Excadrill as the revenge killer because it provides momentum instead of relying on it. I have to say though, Specs Kyurem Black is not as good as regular Specs Kyurem which can afford to run a Timid nature. I really like Colbur Starmie since it's the glue holding the team together against Keldeo, which is often paired with a Pursuit trapper.

Let's delve into some of the weaknesses I see. I agree SpD Talon can be an issue, but I also think that Mega Scizor looks rather problematic. Your answer is Zard Y and U-turn Scizor is going to punish that seitchin pretty badly especially with hazards up. Bisharp is also a bit of an issue since your Dark resist is slower than it. Also, Sand Rush Excadrill is very threatening because Scarf Lando does not switch in too well. Tornadus-T also has no switchins outside of Zard Y and is highly threatening to most members of your team. Other mons like Manaphy can be annoying since your Ferro has no Grass move and Kyu-B is worn down quickly, and Mega Pinsir only check is Scarf Lando which is needed to check a lot of stuff.

First off I think Band Tar + Zard Y already dismantles stall and bulky teams, I don't think Kyu-B is necessary to pile on further. In fact I think Kyu-B exacerbates some weaknesses like Mega Scizor and Diancie while only providing a soft check to threats such as Manaphy and Serperior.

So to be honest, I know the team started with Kyu-B but I think it's the most expendable member for you given your other core of wallbreakers. I would recommend replacing it with Rotom-Wash. Rotom gives you another pivot (a great way to bring in your breakers), alleviates pressure from mons like Talon and Excadrill, as well as Mega Pinsir which can be a problem. It also helps you to soft check Keldeo and helps with Mega Scizor and Tornadus-T as well so I think it covers a lot of weaknesses.

Now what this does is lessen your issue with Double Dance Lando-T and Lando-T in general. I think you can take HP Ice off your Lando-T at this point and replace it with Knock Off since this is just a great move in general for it and helps you cripple various switch ins.

Knock Off on your Landorus means your Ferrothorn can run Power Whip. This is extremely helpful for Mega Gyarados and Manaphy which are both big threats (and Manaphy becoming a bigger problem after Kyu-B's removal).

I am at work so I unfortunately don't have the time to paste importables of spreads but Rotom can just be a max defense pivot, 44 Spe if you are really afraid of Jolly BD Azu. I would run speed creep on Band Tar just so you can get the jump on walls like Skarmory and whatnot. The other spreads look fine to me though I would run Timid Zard Y so you at least speed tie with Manaphy.

Anyway hope this was helpful!

And what about Zapdos on Rotom-Wash ?

It still checks Talon, MScizor, Torn-T, MPinsir and kind of check Excadrill, while also being able to use Volt Switch with Heat Wave and possibly HP Ice to deal with Lando/Chomp easier.
It also checks Manaphy way better than Rotom-W, and since i already have a Spinner i'm not forced to run Defog.

I thought about that kind of offensive set :

Zapdos @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Statik
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Life Orb allows to deal higher damage, Lefties give passive recovery and Rocky Helmet is the ultimate "fuck you" to U-turn users with 30% paralysis chance PLUS 17% HP damage.

Plus, HP Ice on Zapdos allows me to swap HP Ice for Koff on my Lando without struggling with Gliscor, Lando and Chomp.

Also, since i can now check Manaphy easier with Zapdos and Power Whip Ferro, i'm not forced to run Timid on Zard-Y since i really love the little boost in damage :

252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias in Sun: 137-162 (42.9 - 50.7%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Now this calc is pretty badass.

Tho if you have a better set i'm really opened for other ideas.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Issue with that calc is that Latias still outspeeds Zard anyway so it can Roost or retaliate before that 2hko is actualized. Basically that extra damage doesn't matter in that situation.

Volt Switch offensive Zapdos has a lot of problems to he honest. Stealth Rocks weakness on a Volt Switch or U-turn mon is generally only conducive to wearing yourself down outside of TornT. With that spread you also aren't checking Pinsir that well and it's harder to remain at high HP with Stealth Rock up. Without bulk you will be hard pressed to check things as well.

Rotom will already help against Lando/Chomp and Zapdos really does not help much against Excadrill.

It is your team so do as you wish but I would not recommend running offensive Zapdos on pretty much any team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)