Want to see your Original sprites on the X-Box Live Arcade?

I assure you it's 100% Scratched, I assure you. Please belive me. I've moved on from splicing/fusions. I tried to base it off of a razor clam if that helps. (they produce those fronds when kept in the water) I mean for the adult version to look more dragonish than snaily, so the snail/slug idea is questionable.Thanks for the comments! :D

I assure you it's 100% Scratched, I assure you. Please belive me. I've moved on from splicing/fusions. I tried to base it off of a razor clam if that helps. (they produce those fronds when kept in the water) I mean for the adult version to look more dragonish than snaily, so the snail/slug idea is questionable.Thanks for the comments! :D
I believe you, lol. You are just new to our group so I wanted to check.

I finished the adult, more girth, and less Dratini-ish, I hope you like it! :D

Having trouble with the stalagmite and gills.

I finished the adult, more girth, and less Dratini-ish, I hope you like it! :D

Having trouble with the stalagmite and gills.
It looks great dude! For just starting scratch spriting you sure seem to have some talent! Your snails have been added to the sprite encyclopedia in the 2nd post of this thread! Check it out!

Finish, I did NOT have fun making this sprite, especially the part where the ash turns to fire

I hope you like it anyway! :D

I made a baby Ice Worm, I had some issues with coloring and shading, but it still turned out well.

I assure you, the adult one will be more detailed and "powerful".

I made a baby Ice Worm, I had some issues with coloring and shading, but it still turned out well.

I assure you, the adult one will be more detailed and "powerful".

Looks good! Just one thing (and this is for everyone, not just you)...

Our project manager called me up this afternoon and requested that I stick more stringently to the list of concepts (found here and below) that our team has generated. We are especially proud of some of the categories' listed creatures and he would like to see those concepts fleshed out rather than me allowing any and everything to pass inspection. So unfortunately, while your sprite looks great, I have been instructed to decline the entry for the ice category and direct you to the list above and below to find inspiration for future spriting endeavors. We are simply limited to 9 creatures per type, and for most categories (ice being one of them), we are pretty insistent that the final 9 are inspired by the creatures in that list.

If you look @ the list you will see, however, that there is a snake listed in the Electric category which you may be able to adapt your design to fit!

Thank you for working hard though!

------------Water
-Manatee
-Leatherback Sea Turtle(concept art)
-Horse
-Heron
-Osprey/Sting ray
-Ocelot (concept art)

-Sea Snail(x)
-Octocrab (x)
-Platypus(x)

------------Ice

-Penguin
-Winged Snow Leopard
-Rabbit
-Yeti
-Narwhal
-Blue-footed Boobie

-Frilled Lizard(x)
-Wolf(x)
-Ibex(x)

------------Fire
-Lobster
-Warthog
-Rat/Gerbil

-Lion(x)
-Goat(x)
-Thylacine(x)
-Phoenix(x)
-Armadillo Lizard(x)
-Cardinal(x)

------------Solar
-Raptor
-Fox
-Chameleon
-Giraffe
-Peacock
-Zebra
-Triceratops
-Sloth

-Owl(x)

------------Shadow
-Tiger
-Bat
-Racoon
-Vulture
-Badger
-Angler Fish
-Tarsier
-Pangolin

-Vampire Squid(x)

------------Metal
-Gorilla
-Rhino
-Armadillo
-Moose
-Eagle
-Hedgehog
-Scorpion

-Mantis(x)
-Tortoise(x)

------------Atomic
-Cockroach
-Hyena
-Bear
-Deer
-Hippo
-Red-winged black bird

-Jellyfish(x)
-Shark(x)
-Spider(x)

------------Earth
-Panda
-Camel
-Orangutan
-Kangaroo
-Star-nosed mole

-Dolphin(x)
-Ant(x)
-Dimetron(x)
-Elephant(x)

------------Electric
-Porcupine
-Yak
-Cheetah
-Hawk
-Dragon
-Hornet
-Red Panda
-Snake

-Toad(x)

Fixed the wolf cub and I noticed there werent any earth guys so I made some elephants:

Thylacine cub looks good! Thanks!

I REALLY like your concept for the Earth Elephants! I foresee some touch-ups on my end but nothing you would need to worry about! Thanks dude!

I think I'll do the steel scorpion...
Ok, that's fine, I'll try the Earth Ant out.

I am sorry to kind of stifle your creative juices a bit. I really am. If it were up to me I would just let you guys do your thing and run wild with your brilliant ideas.

If you guys have an idea for something you might want to do that is not on the list then PLEASE let me know and I will see what I can do. In the end we want the best work possible so if you have a great concept then just talk to me.

Some categories are more flexible than others so I would be able to allow more creativity in those. Some of the categories further down the list just kind of have animals that we wanted to kind of use but couldn't think of anywhere else to put them and so they may not be the best fits. So while ICE and WATER and FIRE are pretty much locked down I may be able to let you guys try a few other concepts in the others if you wanted. I just don't want to stifle the great work you guys have been doing so far for us. Keep it up! :)

As it is I am looking forward to seeing the scorpion and the ant!

It's me again, finished the Earth Ant, the biggest issues were the concept and the color change.

If you don't like it, it will sit on you! lol

albinoloon, I love that ant! its good spriting! hey, on that adult snail, what if you were to add some fins to help it keep it's body floating liek that? idk, I just feel like it should have some kind of stands to keep it up >.>

Thanks DD! I`ll try to do something about the posture, but I`m not sure It`ll be pretty... :p My uncle is fixing the computer right now so my progress is at a halt for now, but I assure you, I`ll try my best to finish the adult! :D

It's me again, finished the adult, it went over the 100x100 pixel limit, but I fixed it!

Probably one of my hardest sprites yet, extreme parts were the shading and the size. I hope you like it, and I also hope it fits! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)