Want to see your Original sprites on the X-Box Live Arcade?

Adult solar chameleon. Is it good enough?

There's a difference between mutated and horribly outlined and shaded, with very diagonal proportions...

Yeah! Thats looking really good so far! I don't see any issues with the actual design but maybe a bit more detail (i.e. something more going on with the skin, maybe two-toned with a lighter underbelly or extend the blue head thing all long the back withe scales and such or with some texture sort of thing or something) and maybe just a bit lighter color palette, though we can mess with that in QC later.

Just some stuff to think about

Well I had scratched tiger what may fith in as the shadow tiger.
I guess I can give you some direction, lol. This is obviously originally meant to some sort of electric creature so I think change the yellow stripes (and maybe we could have a few more stripes) to a purple or lighter blue and probably shorten that tail up a bit. Other than that I think it looks good! i will let you know if I can think of anything else.

I'd recommend tucking its right leg in more. Currently it is too far out and looks slightly detached. Other than that, I'd say go with S534's recommendations and it should look great. +)
Yeah good call Xand. I thought of that after I posted my other stuff but was too lazy to edit my post, lol.

Alright, so what properties would I need to add to this to make it 'atomic'? At the moment it's unfinished because of that, it's just a rough currently. If anyone could give any crit that'd be nice too, such as whether the pose or the proportions are wrong and I need to re-do it.

Alright, so what properties would I need to add to this to make it 'atomic'? At the moment it's unfinished because of that, it's just a rough currently. If anyone could give any crit that'd be nice too, such as whether the pose or the proportions are wrong and I need to re-do it.

I had this question @ our facebook headquarters too here is what we said then:

"***NOTE ABOUT THE ATOMIC TYPE***

A couple of you guys have raised concerns about not really knowing which direction to go with the atomic type so we put our heads together and decided on what we really wanted to convey with this type. We decided that glowiness and mutation were both good directions and that we would incorporate both of these concepts into the base of the type. I searched around and gathered some examples of what we mean (we did not create these but are just presenting them as referance)

http://ravirin.deviantart.com/art/Radioactive-124797572
http://kaijusamurai.deviantart.com/art/Godzilla-Neo-BURNING-GODZILLA-96965108
http://delthero.deviantart.com/art/Giant-Radioactive-Zombie-Fish-132890012
http://claytonbarton.deviantart.com/art/3D-Bug-Final-Concept-125506702
http://bullterrierka.deviantart.com/art/Carbon-123239062

So yeah, I really like the first one, the deer thing. So anything like that is great. Let me know if you guys have any questions or concerns!"

ALSO here is one of our atomic creatures that has been previously created. Obviously a jellyfish is going to translate differently than a bear but the links above should give some decent reference.

Let me know if you have anymore questions on the atomic issue.

As for your actual sprite there are a number of issues. While I REALLY like the initial concept you have going there I think the pose of a bit off and the fur texture makes it very busy looking. Maybe just decreasing the contrast on the fur so it is more subtle would be sufficient or maybe you could look @ some pokemon sprites where they seem to convey fur without all that hashing. I really like where you are going with it over all though. Thanks!

I guess I can give you some direction, lol. This is obviously originally meant to some sort of electric creature so I think change the yellow stripes (and maybe we could have a few more stripes) to a purple or lighter blue and probably shorten that tail up a bit. Other than that I think it looks good! i will let you know if I can think of anything else.
Ok, here is he. I made two of them, so you can decide which one is better.

Note: The blue one has other shading on his Left hidden legg. I did this, so you can decide what shade is better. ;)

Ok, here is he. I made two of them, so you can decide which one is better.

Note: The blue one has other shading on his Left hidden legg. I did this, so you can decide what shade is better. ;)

Thats a tough one.... The blue one looks good but it doesn't look very shadowy... hmm... let me play with a bit and I will see what you think of it.

Thats a tough one.... The blue one looks good but it doesn't look very shadowy... hmm... let me play with a bit and I will see what you think of it.
You could just call it Electric. The tail gives me a slightly Electric feel, although it could just be me. Eh.

Whatever the case, did you get my Shadow Bat Jon? Never got a reply to my E-mail.

Also, expect an Atomic Lightning Bug soon, as in, tomorrow. It may not look Atomic at first sight, but just wait until you see the color scheme I have planned, plus what it looks like under the wings... +)

EDIT:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/...oncepts and Sprites/scan0009.jpg?t=1272128314
^There's the promised link. +)^

I'm just wondering if this is for real....

An octopus, most likely water, but could be relored to Atomic or Solor if wanted.

First off:

I like it! It may be a little small for an adult version (REMINDER TO EVERYONE THAT WE ARE WORKING WITH 100x100 PIXELS HERE) but I like it. I think we will keep it water (maybe means changing some yellow to something a bit more aquatic) since we have some things filling this niche in those other types.

Secondly:

Yes, lol, we are "for real". We are a small studio so we have chosen to outsource some of our creature creation to all of you talented individuals and those like you on other sites but we are definitely "for real". Much of our programming has been completed as well as the environments and some character development (all from scratch mind you). The script for the game is also in the later stages of revision. We hope to see it on the X-box Live Arcade as soon as we can. The real hurdle we are facing is the enormity of this creature creation endeavor.

ok, too bad I dont have x-box live...but I'm woking on making an adult version...and I made a slight change to the sprite. Instead of being an octopus, it'll be a crustacian type animal, who has 4 eyestalks, and a sack of gelatous water that it uses to A) keep moist, and B) breath. It normaly live underwater, and with the gelatous sack, has a means of living and reproducing on land.

nah its an octopus that has the above qualities.

hey, think I could geta copy of that adamantoise sprite that isnt jpeg? I wanna play around with it see how its made, disect it in many ways...

ok, too bad I dont have x-box live...but I'm woking on making an adult version...and I made a slight change to the sprite. Instead of being an octopus, it'll be a crustacian type animal, who has 4 eyestalks, and a sack of gelatous water that it uses to A) keep moist, and B) breath. It normaly live underwater, and with the gelatous sack, has a means of living and reproducing on land.

nah its an octopus that has the above qualities.

hey, think I could geta copy of that adamantoise sprite that isnt jpeg? I wanna play around with it see how its made, disect it in many ways...

Either direction sounds good. The legs and stuff on the original kind of made it look like a crustacean a bit anyway so it could work.

Unfortunately I cannot give you anything other than the .jpeg version of the tortoise for one big reason..... I do not have it. The artist that created a number of our earlier creatures had a serious hardware malfunction and lost all of the native files for her work.

This left us with nothing but the posted .jpegs for the both the tortoises and the atomic jellies. I have been attempting to reconstruct both of these families (both of the jellies are just about finished but have some minor adjustments to make since the alpha transparencies make reconstruction a bit more complicated).

So I apologize that I cannot help satiate your curiosity. If you would like to truly explore their structure then I would say that you could try your hand at reconstructing these sprites if you so desired.

Hey, I'm actualy working on an Ice/Ghost Tiger right now that i was designing as a snow leopard for a request. When I'm done, I could show it to you guys, cant realy think of an evo for it though, cause its a legendary, and it'll be within 80x80.

I also have a Psychic/Dragon that could be perfect for a shadow type...that sprite is alreaady done...in fact...

Nice sprite DD.

Having it online for download would be really nice since i don't have x-box live too.

I edited the shadow tiger again. Hope you like it.

And I have a water/dragon type if you are interested. Look in my own topic (it's called Syphonia). :)

@Dhjona: Thats actualy a water/flying according to the symbols next to it...Dhjona, I love your sprite work its so masterful! And thanks for the compliment. and the colors seem a bit dark in my opinion, maybe lighten up the black a tiny bit, not as light as it was, but just a bit lighter...

@Studio: that sucks that they lost all their files...and thanks for trying^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)