Want to write for The Smog? (Yes, you do!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I've got a ton of free time and don't really have anything productive to use it on so I thought I could write for the Smog. I can write about either the OU or LC metagame or help on articles. In short I can pretty much do anything. It would help though if I got a few suggested topics, etc.
In my opinion, my greatest strength is in writing, not with coming up with ideas.

Also if needed, I could do some pictures, however this is not preferable although I'll do it there is nothing else.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd love to write about the VGC, given it is the only thing that keeps me interested in Pokémon anymore. I could have an article detailing some of the events at the nationals done for issue #10, and if you were willing to feature it there could be a feature/RMT on the two teams that made it to the finals of the nationals, as well.

It would be a great privelidge for me to have the opportunity to write NU articles for the smog and have a lot of free time to do so.

Hey there. Agreed with Yoz on everything...I'm getting bored this summer and I really want to help out the Smogon site.

I can write about anything. The only problem is, I feel that all my ideas for the Smog have already been thought of or done to some extent. If there's anything that needed to be written about, I'd love to help!

I can draw and I may also be able to write for The Smog. I really would like to draw but I really don't know how it works: to edit the picture to make it nice.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I'd love to write for the Smog. I work on my high school newpaper club so I have experience in the criteria needed for a newspaper article. I can't really think of topics on my own that hasn't been used already, but I can do any article idea suggested to me. Thanks.

I would love to contribute to the Smog. Like many other people here I do not have many ideas, but I can help with grammar/spelling of other's articles.

Hey,

I'd very much enjoy writing for the Smog. I'm a 20-year-old undergraduate student at Harvard University, currently enrolled in the English program with creative writing as a focus. I've been writing since I was 8--novels, poetry, short stories, magazine articles, etc., and I write for a newspaper as well as regularly submit to literary magazines. Because Pokemon is a somewhat time-consuming hobby of mine, I would love to be involved with this. I have several ideas about what to write, but more importantly, I have the ability to write about almost any subject that is needed.

Thanks for your consideration,

SE

can someone help me?

look,do you all know what is there when you open smogon right?lc analysis,new strategys for diferent pokes and stuff.i wanna post strategies on the smog,i have some good ones in the shoddy,but i dont know how to post.help?

look,do you all know what is there when you open smogon right?lc analysis,new strategys for diferent pokes and stuff.i wanna post strategies on the smog,i have some good ones in the shoddy,but i dont know how to post.help?
A good place to post new sets for Pokémon is the "New & Creative Movesets" thread in the Stark Mountain forum. If those sets are effective, then you'll receive generally positive feedback. However, no matter how good those sets may be, you won't be able to write an article for The Smog unless you clean up your writing style. Read some of the articles, and note how clean the grammar is and how rare mistakes are. You'll want your writing to look close to that.

UGH TTS you took my idea lol

I'd like to do a VGC article if possible - I can either analyze several popular teams this year since people who don't play VGC would get to know it a bit better or talk a bit less on the actual Pokemon on more about Smogon's success. (There was a similar article like that last year too!)

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
UGH TTS you took my idea lol

I'd like to do a VGC article if possible - I can either analyze several popular teams this year since people who don't play VGC would get to know it a bit better or talk a bit less on the actual Pokemon on more about Smogon's success. (There was a similar article like that last year too!)
If this happens, I would like to help Cybertron or whoever with this, as I have done well at the VGCs. We could break down popular leads like TopOgre and Nape/Palkia, plus how Smogonites did at the events.

I'd love to write about Salamence, and the pokemon that will try to take its place. I'll submit a sample later.

Hello
I could be a writer for The Smog.

I have many idea's including Pokemon of the <however long it is between issues of The Smog>.

I got 10/10 on every article writing project I was given in school and I have a huge knowledge of Pokemon.

My intentions, to start with the Smog badge and then start on my mission to be a CAP TL.

I'd love to write for the smog too, I was thinking an article about NU pokemon, which are effective in the higher tiers could be pretty good.

i Could write an article about wifi vs shoddy. What makes wifi different from shoddy. What are the differences between the metagames.

So like, when your submitting art for The Smog, do you just submit any random art you did whenever or are their guidelines/criteria for submitting art? And what about cover art, because I'd reeeaally like to do the cover art for an issue.

Bucky - if you want to submit art samples to me or another editor, feel free! You can using existing art as examples of your talent, but the Smog features original art each issue :) As for cover art, the editors decide on which art to feature on the cover.

OK, I don't think that I'm going to come up with an independent idea any time soon. The best I could come up with was an assessment of the power of luck-based Pokémon (i.e. Skymin, Jirachi, Togekiss) by considering counters that can counter ~92% of the time. I don't think that that's going to be seen as valuable, despite it being a "serious" issue among casuals. But anyways, enough about bad ideas. Every time I look at the collection of Smog articles, it seems like I could have easily participated but didn't for any number of reasons.

Thus, I'd like to put myself out there for a possible collaboration job. If anyone would like a second pair of hands building an article or, hell, even just an extra copyeditor, I should be open for it. However, I might as well tell the truth straight up and admit that I cannot at all guarantee that I'll be interested enough in the idea to accept, because my interests at any point in time are quite specific.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi.

I'd like to propose an idea similar to the Competitive Pokemon Retypes. The article would about Base stat changes and what pokemon could potentially benefit from changes.

(I wouldn't make absurd changes like give Caterpie base 120 in every stat, but more subtle changes like boosting Flygon's speed and attack to base 110 etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)