Want to write for The Smog? (Yes, you do!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some one can write about the middle cup. What it is, common teams, biggest threats, etc. diamondfan1910 wrote a very good warstory about MC and got many people interested in it. I would write it but i have no knowledge on the subject.

I would like to write an MC article for the Smog, however I don't know if I am the right man to do it, and I would need Zy's/Optimusje's approval.

I remember an article a few issues back about gimmick sets, I'd love to write an article on gimmick Pokémon, and how, in theory, they could be used effectively.

This'd be beyond something saying "to KO something with Farfetch'd, BP it +6 Attack, +6 Speed and +6 SpA", I'd be looking in depth at gimmicks, explaining their theoretical role in the metagame, and why they can't compete.

Watching matches surprisingly helps majorly at getting back into the game.

I'd love to help with a middle cup thing, I'm just not best at writing myself, so I suppose im better off helping out with the general lines/ideas of such an article (as I know the metagame rather well)

I would like to write for The Smog. I used to be a major contributor for the Nsider2 Newspaper and would love to write here. I could write about Little and Middle cup or whatever you need help on.

New member here. :D I'd love to write or the Smog. I don't know if I have the knowledge to do so, though.

But nevertheless, I can help like, say, have a collaboration with somebody for articles. I could also proofread, but it looks like nobody really needs that much proofreading. Plus, the most cliched line, I could use somebody's idea to write an article. :)

I'd say I'm a fairly good writer. I honestly would write for the Smog.

I think for the first 5th Gen Smog there should be something on how abilities might change the metagames (OU, NU, LC, etc.)

I'd very much like to write for the Smog, I also have an idea:

I am a firm believer that the 1st generation produced the best pokemon, perhaps I could write about that?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
If you guys need any help with any of the articles, let me know. I'd be happy to help either collaborate or write an article myself. I think my experience writing several analyses in the UU sub-forum speaks for my abilities as a writer.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am looking for co-authors for an article about good ingame B&W pokemon. Details here:

I want to write about awesome in-game pokemon for Black and White, covering maybe 10 or so particular jewels of in-game epic. I have sent in an approval request to Jimbo.

I also want to look for some experienced co-writers who have written for The Smog before and are interested, because this type of article is the type we can easily have multiple people jump onboard. Of course if no one is interested I would be happy to write myself.

edit: Just got Jimbo's approval so I will be doing this. Please PM me if you want to co-write about certain pokemon. Right now, I am planning on writing about Shimama, Hiappu/Boappu/Yannapu, Dokkora and Kurimugan. I have been particularly impressed with the above pokemon in game (from my own use). Co-author applicants, please have ideas for 2-3 you would like to cover. I would also be thrilled if someone would like to write about the starters. I picked Tsutaja, who I have been continuously disappointed with, but starters are so influential in-game they should really all be included.

As mentioned, I can handle it alone if no one wants to write, but would love to have co-authors on board if people want to write.

edit 2: Also talking to Jump about a potential Pokemon and Basic Japanese article. I think readers would be interested in learning at least the basic Japanese alphabet and some useful basic terminology.

Ideally, I would like people who have written for The Smog before. Regardless in-game experiene with B&W is something of a must-- I realize the difficulties here since access to the game in general is limited. Interested writers, please PM me with 2-3 pokemon you want to write about (and reasoning). If you have not written for The Smog before, please show me a writing sample. Thanks

edit: Erhm, yeah, sorry I didn't know that. >.< Thanks Reverb and Fate. :P

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am looking for co-authors for an article about good ingame B&W pokemon. Details here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3013339&postcount=44

Ideally, I would like people who have written for The Smog before. Regardless in-game experiene with B&W is something of a must-- I realize the difficulties here since access to the game in general is limited. Interested writers, please PM me with 2-3 pokemon you want to write about (and reasoning). If you have not written for The Smog before, please show me a writing sample. Thanks
LOL they can't see that <_<

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to write to Smogon. Look for co-writers. Want to write about the pokémons that would be nothing if they didn't have their abilities.

I will happily lend a hand to anyone who needs a co-writer. Although I currently have no references, I can assure you that I'm very nit-picky when it comes to grammar and I'd certainly consider myself a decent writer.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think an article about LC would be great.
I'd volunteer but from what I've learned round these parts, theres always someone better.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
As an idea without a volounteer writer, for a change, could we have an introductory article about getting into UU? It's something I'd like to do, but it seems like another world to us OU players. Maybe someone who often battles UU could give use some tips, as well as a breif overview of the main differences. I'd also say something for Ubers would be good, because I notice that the most frequent 'last post' in the Uber Sub-forum is the "Why don't people play Ubers" thread, so I assume there would be people willing to write one.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As an idea without a volounteer writer, for a change, could we have an introductory article about getting into UU? It's something I'd like to do, but it seems like another world to us OU players. Maybe someone who often battles UU could give use some tips, as well as a breif overview of the main differences. I'd also say something for Ubers would be good, because I notice that the most frequent 'last post' in the Uber Sub-forum is the "Why don't people play Ubers" thread, so I assume there would be people willing to write one.
Thats pretty much what I was thinking for LC. It's even more neglected than UU (UU is actually quite popular, being one of three Tiers in the smogon tour)
Maybe we could do a different tier every month or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)