[War Story] Satoshi v. Shirona-- I will be a Pokemon Master!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great battle, great commentary, My only problem was the Japanese names. I didn't know who was who and it seemed kind of fanboyish.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It is fanboyish, as I'm a fanboy-- also why this isn't archived I believe. But really, serious grave diggin' here. O.o

Thanks for the comments though. Originally this thread had like 7+ pages of comments, but it got chopped off when smogon was pruning.

Uh use burn orb instead of poison orb. It negates guts and does less damage.
Very entertaining by the way

Wow this was a great warstory (although it's the first one I've read). My favorite line:
Prof. Oak: "Look at Satoshi and Pikachu—they have a strong bond so the hax gods smiled on them."

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Uh use burn orb instead of poison orb. It negates guts and does less damage.
Very entertaining by the way
Depends. If you're planning to use a hit-and-run strategy, U-turning a lot and only staying in 2-3 turns, Toxic Orb is better. If you are planning to go for the clean-sweep staying in longer, Burn Orb is better. I've played with both.

After all this time, this is, in my opinion, still the best warstory on Smogon. I've read it like ten times now, but it never gets boring. It's an absolute shame nobody bothered to archive it... yet.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
I have a 2 archived stories now I think. xD

But yeah, this one is my pride and joy as an artist I guess. lol This story will never die!! xD

Hmm, perhaps a sequel could be made to this warstory with Cynthia's new Platinum team, plus Ash has a lot more choices for Pokemon as well. Or Ash vs. other game/anime trainers lol. I tried to make a tourney with an idea like that but it was a no go.

Huh. This has been around for nearly a year, yet I've never read it until now.

Brilliant, btw. I've never seen such a creative and entertaining warstory. I can't remember the last time I loled at a warstory.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Cynthia-- huh, maybe. Could even do "Ash Sinnoh" now. He has Gliscor and Infernape! woot Starapter / Gliscor / Infernape / Pikachu / Torterra / Floatzel

sounds decent to me. Has to be open battle now though because of garchomp. >.>

nice theme team and way to go on reading garchomp's "slowness", albeit it's still a risk because some people just love running 252/252 adamant scarf blindly :P which would've still outrun any non-timid pikachus. good battle though
Pikachu has 90 base speed, but more likely to run max speed and a +nature. It turns out that:
[31 (IVs) + 63 (from EVs) + 5 (whatever) + 90*2 (base speed *2)] * 1.1 = 306 (rounded down)

And max speed Adamant Garchomp without any speed boosts' speed is:
[99 (IVs + EVs + 5) + 204 (base speed*2) = 303

So my point is, Pikachu would usually be faster than Garchomp (of course, given it bad defenses, it won't even stand a chance to live when hit by an unboosted JollyChomp EQ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)