Warstory de Nick [VGC 2011 San Jose]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, yeah.

"Hey kid, do you want some SlowpokeTail? Only five bucks."

Didn't train much at all, and EV trained my last guy (Reuinclus) the hour before I left. Goodie. Got there at around 1:30 and boy was the place huge. Took me a while to find out where everyone else was, I recognized Duy and Wild Eep (If not for the reason his shirt said WildEep on it)

Got my Battle Box ready and I got my card for registration blah blah blah.

Battle 1:
Guy knew what he was doing sorta, but Trick Room fails after Whimsicott's Taunt. I wish my Whimsicott could've had at least one attack...
Edit: I did save the battle, so I may upload that sometime.

Battle 2:
Guy told me the last battle he won was a fluke and that none of his mons were EV'ed. Straightforward battle, wasn't too bad.

Battle 3:
Found out my opponent was voodoo pimp after losing. Flight Gem boosted Acrobatics from Tornadus fucking hurts. The main thing from this battle was my Heat Wave missing both Tornadus and Mienshao. Done doing calcs? That's a one percent chance of happening. One percent. Nonetheless, good game. That miss cost me dearly.

Cool shit that happened
~ Dance party with the Unova Starters + Pikachu. Huy can Break Dance.
~ Meeting up with fellow Smogon friends (Wild Eep, OmegaDonut, Huy, Duy, Unreality, Jeremy, hoiboy, Age of Kings, Supe, ggfan makiri, I know I'm missing some names...)
~ Getting offered some SlowpokeTails by some weird dude.
~ Watching cool ass battles.
~ "Inb4 Rock Slide misses!"
~ Taunting a Trick Room Gothielle and two turns later Taunting a Trick Room Cofagrigus.
~ Rock Slide crit OHKOing a Haxorus.
~ Talking with Unreality about random crap.
~ Being the first to figure out Supe is not Mexican.
~ Seeing hot volleyball players. Fuck you Pikachu mascot guy!
~ Hearing a story from a supervisor about a kid who had a fuck ton of hacked mons and pointed at one and is just like "Well, this one's not hacked!".
~ Winning two battles which was above my expectations.
~ Just going was fun.
~ QUACK QUACK QUACK

Slops
~ Starving.
~ Leaving early and therefore not seeing ggfan makiri get his prize. :(
~ Standing up and my legs still ache.
~ Not getting to at least Top 64.
~ Not bringing a camera to take pictures.
~ Not getting it on with said hot volleyball players.

Overall it was a fun experience, I hope you guys had as much fun as I did, I unfortunately probably won't make it for Worlds this year. I'd like to thank everyone who's been working on the VGC Analyses; without them, I wouldn't have any clue how to EV/use my mons. I'd also like to thank firestorm xl for his awesome Rufflet which I evolved and trained for my team.

Did you really just list ggfan as a Smogon peep? And was he actually there, or was someone impersonating him? Based on you calling him a Smogon peep, I'm leaning towards the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)