[Warstory] His Kingdom for a Horse

Why hello there guys, its me, Hypnotist again. I know I haven't been on much ever since like... 6 months ago... or something like that, but I got distracted with making my own server and my own metagame and stuff. Currently, its up, but I've been having connection problems ever since I got this new router, Netgear, :\ only I can connect to it at the moment. Oh well, at any rate, I've been battling at the official server again recently and I've had some interesting battles here and there. I haven't really changed my team from before, but oh well (I've had to reformat my computer a couple of times too. :\). One of those battles was this one, it wasn't my best but it wasn't my worst either. Though I really did play terribly. It just goes to show you how one pokemon and move can make a difference. Like before, I shall keep his team hidden, though I will reveal mine beforehand. Here goes (my second warstory):

Hypnotist vs Coloss8
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

My Team:

Turn #1:
Hypnotist sent out Smeargle (lvl 100 Smeargle m).
coloss8 sent out Forretress (lvl 100 Forretress m).
Smeargle used Switcheroo.
Smeargle obtained Leftovers!
Forretress obtained Choice Scarf!
Forretress used Explosion.
Smeargle lost 100% of its health.
Hypnotist's Smeargle fainted.
coloss8's Forretress fainted.

The battle begins when I switch in my Smeargle and he his forretress, a suitable victim for Smeargle to begin what can sometimes become his deadly role - a choice scarfer. In other battles, my opponents are left shocked upon realizing that my Smeargle is a choice scarfer and not a baton passer. Although Smeargle never really kills - unless it destiny bonds - it really does weaken and debilitate the opponent's strategy. It didn't play such a big role here though other than falling victim himself to Forretress's explosion. Why Forretress used Explosion, I do not know. My biggest guess is that my opponent expected me to use Spore and simply used Explosion as a way to pass the turn (he would probably then proceed to switch to something else from there). Enough about that though, let's proceed.

Turn #2:
Hypnotist switched in Ninetales (lvl 100 Ninetales ?).
coloss8 switched in Dragonite (lvl 100 Dragonite ?).

Turn #3:
Ninetales used Hypnosis.
Dragonite fell asleep!
Dragonite is fast asleep!

Turn #4:
Ninetales used Flamethrower.
It's not very effective...
A critical hit!
Dragonite lost 35% of its health.

After Smeargle faints, I decide on my next pokemon. I realized that it would be unwise to switch to a wall. If I switched to a physical wall they might send out a sp. sweeper and if I switched to a special wall, they might send out a physical sweeper. That would place me in a tight spot. So, I decided that I would switch into sweepers instead. If they switch in a stronger sweeper, then I'd have to switch out, but if they switch in a wall, well, walls don't often hurt as much as sweepers if they decide to attack. Though the free turn does give them a turn to set up but I am less likely to receive too much damage anyways. So in the end, I went with Ninetales. Figuring that Dragonite is a pretty slow pokemon, I simply proceed to use Hypnosis. I could've then used Nasty Plot, but let's face it, if I do do that, they'll switch in something that will force me to switch out. So instead, I attacked with Flamethrower (figuring that they would figure that I would never attack with Flamethrower). Seeing that they didn't switch out...

Turn #5:
Hypnotist switched in Mantine (lvl 100 Mantine ?).

Turn #6:
Dragonite woke up!
Dragonite used Dragon Dance.
Dragonite's attack was raised.
Dragonite's speed was raised.
Mantine used Icy Wind.
It's super effective!
Dragonite lost 46% of its health.
Dragonite's speed was lowered.

Turn #7:
Dragonite used Outrage.
Dragonite went on a rampage!
Mantine lost 100% of its health.
Hypnotist's Mantine fainted.

Turn #8:
Hypnotist switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
Dragonite used Outrage.
Skarmory lost 33% of its health.
Skarmory used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered everywhere!
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Skarmory's leftovers restored its health a little!
Skarmory restored 6% of its health.

Turn #9:
Dragonite used Outrage.
Skarmory lost 28% of its health.
Skarmory used Whirlwind.
coloss8 switched in Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).

And so I switched in Mantine. Of course, I can't really do much with it I suppose, it's still an interesting pokemon. Since Dragonite's role is still a mystery to me, I thought there's a slight possibility that it might be a sp. sweeper. I switched to Mantine in fear that it might have Fire Blast if I switched to Skarmory, as well as the fact that Mantine has Icy Wind. Yes, I am quite clear of the fact that I probably could've killed Dragonite if I had Ice Beam, though Icy Wind's purpose isn't really to deal damage, it's to slow down pokemon. If they decided to switch out Dragonite to another sweeper, I could use Icy Wind as they switch out, and that sweeper is now slower. As an alternate option, I can also use Toxic to intoxicate the newly sent out pokemon, but Dragonite was asleep, and I didn't want to risk it. It used Dragon Dance and I used Icy Wind so they canceled out the speed boost. It still baffles me as to why I didn't switch out Mantine. I could've switched in Skarmory, maybe I just didn't want to hurt Skarmory too much by switching it in on an attack. This is pretty much the standard skarm, and it's pretty reliable as a physical sweeper. Anyhow, Mantine dies to outrage and I switch in skarmory and set up spikes and then proceed to whirlwind it.

Turn #10:
Gengar is tightening its focus!
Hypnotist switched in Dugtrio (lvl 100 Dugtrio ?).
Gengar used Focus Punch.
Dugtrio lost 92% of its health.

Turn #11:
Dugtrio used Shadow Claw.
It's super effective!
Gengar lost 100% of its health.
Gengar hung on using its Focus Sash!
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Dugtrio lost 8% of its health.
Hypnotist's Dugtrio fainted.

Turn #12:
Hypnotist switched in Roserade (lvl 100 Roserade ?).
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Roserade lost 35% of its health.
Roserade used Energy Ball.
Gengar lost 0% of its health.
coloss8's Gengar fainted.
Roserade's Black Sludge restored a little health!
Roserade restored 6% of its health.

Expecting a thunderbolt, I switch out to Dugtrio. Boy was I wrong. My opponent predicted me and used a focus punch. I decide to try to kill it with Shadow Claw, but Focus Sash activates and Gengar kills Dugtrio instead. With Mantine dead, my next best choice was Roserade, which would be my cleric. It can be pretty resilient and can stand at least 1 ice beam from a starmie (when at full health of course). Though, although I mainly use it as a defensive pokemon, it still has it's high sp. attack and I can use it as a semi-sp. sweeper. Knowing that it can stand one Shadow Ball, I decide to kill off Gengar. At this point, I have lost three and my opponent has lost two. So it's a:

3 vs 4

It seems to go downhill from here. For me anyways.

Turn #13:
Hypnotist switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
Dragonite used Fire Punch.
It's super effective!
Skarmory lost 36% of its health.

Turn #14:
It's super effective!
Skarmory lost 22% of its health.
Hypnotist's Skarmory fainted.

Turn #15:
Hypnotist switched in Roserade (lvl 100 Roserade ?).
It's super effective!
Roserade lost 71% of its health.
Hypnotist's Roserade fainted.
I'm punching myself in the face at this point. Well, here's what happened, he switched in Dragonite when I still had my Roserade out. I figured he might DD or something like that, but he uses Fire punch instead - just as I switch to Skarmory. Worried that he might predict a switch to Ninetales, I leave Skarmory in there to die. At this point, I could've switched to Ninetales directly, though I switched in to Roserade. I can't quite recall why. I was probably forgot that I could switch to Ninetales directly and decided to try to bait Dragonite into attacking me with Fire punch again. Though... the same thing happened once more and I lost Roserade.

1 vs 4

I could've just forfeited right then and there, but I'm not the type of guy that forfeits. I keep fighting until the end hoping that my luck will pull through.

Turn #16:
Hypnotist switched in Ninetales (lvl 100 Ninetales ?).
Ninetales used Hypnosis.
Dragonite fell asleep!
Ninetales is a very awesome pokemon. My Ninetales, as you may already know, is the standard Ninetales w/ Wide Lens. I should've used Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower if I was going that route though. Oh well, I've changed that already now so it has Fire Blast, which with the Wide Lens boost is 93% accurate. Knowing that Dragonite is slower, I just use Hypnosis again and hope that Nasty Plotted Flamethrowers and Energy Balls pull through. Keep in mind, Dragonite has already been weakened by Mantine.

Turn #17:
Ninetales used Nasty Plot.
Ninetales's special attack was sharply raised.

Turn #18:
coloss8 switched in Medicham (lvl 100 Medicham ?).
Medicham was hurt by Spikes!
Medicham lost 12% of its health.
Ninetales used Nasty Plot.
Ninetales's special attack was sharply raised.
After he switched to Medicham, I thought it was all over and I had lost. I use Flamethrower as Medicham is certain to kill me, especially if it is choice scarfed.

Turn #19:
Medicham lost 88% of its health.
coloss8's Medicham fainted.
But what's this? It's not choice scarfed at all. I begin thinking I might have a chance at winning.

Turn #20:
coloss8 switched in Suicune (lvl 100 Suicune).
Suicune is exerting its pressure!
Suicune was hurt by Spikes!
Suicune lost 12% of its health.
Ninetales used Energy Ball.
It's super effective!
Suicune lost 88% of its health.
coloss8's Suicune fainted.
Luckily for me, Nasty Plotted (twice) Ninetales is a menace. Suicune dies to my Energy Ball.

Turn #21:
coloss8 switched in Clefable (lvl 100 Clefable ?).
A critical hit!
Clefable lost 100% of its health.
coloss8's Clefable fainted.

Clefable spooked me. I knew that it could be quite powerful, especially with Facade+Toxic Orb. I was also aware of its defensive capabilities. Though I got lucky, I landeda critical hit.

Turn #22:
Dragonite lost 19% of its health.
coloss8's Dragonite fainted.
Hypnotist wins!

And so it ends. His kingdom for a horse. I'm sure that last part could've been avoided if he had planned things correctly.

His Team:

Pros:
-Ninetales, for being so awesome
-My opponent (no offense of course)
-A bit of hax

Cons:
-Me trying to make dragonite use a fire move by switching to Roserade, when I could've just switched in Ninetales directly
-Allowing my pokemon to die to quickly

Pretty cool comeback, but just one question/comment: Clefable was hurt by spikes? So it didn't have Magic Guard for some reason? Shoddy Glitch or just a mistake?

Pretty cool comeback, but just one question/comment: Clefable was hurt by spikes? So it didn't have Magic Guard for some reason? Shoddy Glitch or just a mistake?
Not really a shoddy glitch. More of a message error.

Clefable isn't really hurt by the spikes, though it says it is anyway. I should probably remove that part.

Wow, someone getting to set up and sweeping. Honestly could never see something like that coming.

Sweeping isn't something you call exciting...
But i once sweeped a Uber team with Ninetales(Ok,it was +6 sp.atk,with Drought AND Flash Fire activated...but it OHKO a Ho-oh(154sp.def and resisting...:pirate:))so Ninetales is just good

Oh shut up with the sarcastic post(s) degrading the warstory. It isn't amazing, I agree, but give him props for using a team that isn't as OU, the story was well constructed and presented, and the comments were insightful. An important part of warstories that often gets overlooked is the comments and the insight into what they were thinking - and he gave plenty of that and it made sense.

It wasn't the best story in the world and your oppenent wasn't great, but nice win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)