Warstory: We are Uber strong

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, here I am again posting another Warstory. This is no ordinary Uber match, though. This match is a fantastic match played by Lady Bug, and myself. Not only that but it brings a strange new player to the Uber play ground. Though he may be small, slow and easy to pick on, our friend showed these Ubers when all bets are off and it's time to get down and dirty, he's not afraid. Enjoy this match of our favorite bug type; Parasect.

The comments will be in purple as always
The score (after each kill) will be in red
The battle will be in BOLD
The hit points of the pokemon in will be underlined
Leftovers will be removed:
Gen. Empoleon: Parasect and Lugia

Lady Bug: Giratina and Forretress
Weather damage and benefits will not be included
If two of the same pokemon are in, mine will have a * next to its name

Gen. Empoleons Team:

Lady Bugs Team:

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

Lady Bug sent out Groudon.
Gen. Empoleon sent out Deoxys-f.
Deoxys-f is exerting its pressure!
Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
The sun began to shine!

Ok, well to start off the game I'm most likely against an anti-lead Groudon. Meaning the chance of me getting paralized is high likely, so I opt to hit Groudon with a Shadow Ball while I still have my speed with me.

Lady Bug switched in Giratina.
Giratina is exerting its pressure!
Deoxys-f used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Giratina lost 29% of its health.
The sun continues to shine.

Deoxys-f: 100% Giratina: 77%

I avoid a Thunder Wave and instead am face to face with Giratina, at least it tells me I'm most likely playing a stall team. Stealth Rocks is going to be helpful due to the heavy switching that is caused by Uber pokemon, so I pick Stealth Rocks to give me an advantage against the monster known as Giratina
---
Deoxys-f used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!
Giratina used Dragon Claw.
A critical hit!
Deoxys-f lost 100% of its health.
Deoxys-f hung on using its Focus Sash!

Deoxys-f: 1% Giratina: 83%

It was a 2HKO without a critical hit any way. The only option I have is to use Shadow Ball, hurt Giratina (since my other moves have no effect on Giratina) then send in a sweeper to weaken his defensive core.
---
Deoxys-f used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Giratina lost 27% of its health.
Giratina used Dragon Claw.
Deoxys-f lost 0% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Deoxys-f fainted.

Deoxys-f: KO'd Giratina: 62%
5-6 Lady Bug

As far as Suicide leads go, Deoxys-f is one of the best ones out there. It's now a throw up game between who to send in. Parasect won't do much to a Giratina, especially since they usually have Rest Talk. Garchomp could come in and possibly OHKO Giratina with Outrage, but I'd run the risk of getting Will-o-Wisped.
---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Kyogre.
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
The sun faded.
Rain began to fall!

My strongest pokemon comes out to stare down the giant wall. Giratina should be KO'd by a Modest Choice Specs Ice Beam, if not he'll switch to a steel type, which will easily be walled by my Lugia.

Kyogre used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Giratina lost 51% of its health.
Giratina used Rest.
Giratina fell asleep!
Giratina restored 88% of its health.
The rain continues to fall.

Kyogre: 100% + locked into Ice Beam Giratina: 100% + 2 turns of sleep

Giratina must be running a ton of SpDef EV's. Now I have a problem, should I stay in hoping that Kyogre will hurt Giratina, or should I switch out? The problem with switching out is I only know two members of his team, meaning that if I try to predict early in this match it could leave me at a disadvantage. I decide that staying in and using Ice Beam is probably my best chance at scouting his team, with little to no risk for me.
---
Lady Bug switched in Kyogre.
Pointed stones dug into Kyogre.
Kyogre lost 12% of its health.
*Kyogre used Ice Beam.
It's not very effective...
Kyogre lost 22% of its health.

*Kyogre: 100% + Locked into Ice Beam Kyogre: 88%

He brings in his own Kyogre to wall the Ice Beam. He is either going to Water Spout, or use Thunder. My Parasect is only 4HKO'd by Thunder, and he won't care about a Water Spout at all.
---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Parasect.
Kyogre used Surf.
Parasect soaked up rain!

Parasect: 100% Kyogre: 88%

In safely, though I do wonder why he picked Surf over Water Spot, doesn't matter now. I take some time to think about my move, what are the chances that if I use Spore Giratina will come in? If I use Stun Spore, then I could maybe cripple a powerful sweeper of his. Or I could just help my team out with Light Screen. I decide that since I assume my opponent is a competent battler, he'll expect me to paralyse the in coming pokemon with Stun Spore, so I pick Spore to send a pokemon to slumber land.
---
Lady Bug switched in Groudon.
The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Pointed stones dug into Groudon.
Groudon lost 6% of its health.
Parasect used Spore.
Groudon fell asleep!
Groudon's Lum Berry cured its Sleep!

Parasect: 94% Groudon: 94% + no item

Well that's just great. Lum Berry on Groudon and the sun is out, meaning that Parasect is going to be taking damage every single turn he decides to stay in. I'm fearing a rock type move, as fire isn't that common of an attacking type in Ubers, I go to Lugia to take the hit (which she should shrug off) and then set up Reflect.
---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Lugia.
Lugia is exerting its pressure!
Groudon used Stealth Rock.

Lugia: 100% Groudon: 94%

He sets down rocks limiting the amount of times I can switch in and out of attacks. This is to say that, Lugia my wall, is going to be almost completely useless this game due to her taking 25% every time she switches in. I still decide that Reflect is the best option I have, making sure my team doesn't take a lot of damage from in coming physical attacks.
---
Lady Bug switched in Forretress.
Pointed stones dug into Forretress.
Forretress lost 12% of its health.
Lugia used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!

Lugia: 100% + Reflect Forretress: 94%

As my screen comes up, a Forretress comes in. I am afraid that Forretress is going to set spikes down, weakening my Kyogres Water Spout even more than it already is. Or he could place down Toxic Spikes, ruining my entire team, as I have no Toxic immunites. I switch in Kyogre to get on the field, before more entry hazzards come in.
---
The sun faded.
Rain began to fall!
Forretress used Light Screen.
A barrier was formed!

Kyogre: 88% + Reflect Forretress: 100% + Light Screen

My opponent out smarts me again and puts up a Light Screen, something which I didn't expect in the slightest. Kyogre should still be able to OHKO that Forretress with a Water Spout.
---
Pointed stones dug into Giratina.
Giratina lost 12% of its health.
Kyogre used Water Spout.
Giratina lost 21% of its health.

Kyogre: 88% + Reflect / Locked into Water Spout Giratina: 85% + Light Screen

In comes the wall to end all walls. Giratina shrugs off that attack with his bolstered SpDef and Light Screen. I now don't know what to do. I can stay in and whittle down his HP with Water Spout (though I won't 4HKO) or I can switch to another pokemon, in hopes of catching him off guard. His team, being a stall team, catching him off guard is the best thing I can do at the moment.
---
Pointed stones dug into Parasect.
Parasect lost 25% of its health.

Parasect: 88% + Reflect Forretress: 94% + Light Screen

A double switch, in comes Forretress and Parasect. For those who are wondering as to why I picked Parasect, it was because if he switches in his Kyogre, then I can safely assume he will Ice Beam, meaning Tyranitar can come in and start to use Stone Edge or Pursuit. I try for Spore again, hoping that my opponent is trying to outpredict me and getting a quick sleep on him.
---
Lady Bug switched in Groudon .
The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Pointed stones dug into Groudon.
Groudon lost 6% of its health.
Parasect used Spore.
Groudon fell asleep!
Parasect's reflect wore off!

Parasect: 82% Groudon: 88% + asleep

Groudon comes in again to get the sun out and to start causing Parasect damage. No skilled player would ever leave a sleeping pokemon in, so I use Stun Spore, maybe getting another pokemon of his with a dedly status. My Reflect ended, which means his Light Screen should be ending next turn.
---
Lady Bug switched in Forretress .
Parasect used Stun Spore.
Forretress is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Forretress's light screen wore off!

Parasect: 76% Forretress: 88%

I stun his Forretress, but that really wouldn't matter in fact it could be argued that I helped him by strengthing his Gyro Ball. Well now that his Reflect has ended I switch to Kyogre to hopefull get in before Light Screen does.
---
The sun faded.
Rain began to fall!
Forretress used Rapid Spin.
Forretress blew away the spikes!
Kyogre lost 5% of its health.

Kyogre: 71% Forretress: 94%

Kyogre is in, and has his blow hole aimed at Forretress. Nothing on his team (that I have seen) can handel a Water Spout, it is without a doubt my best option at weakening his team, and getting a sweep in.
---
Kyogre used Water Spout.
Giratina lost 34% of its health.

Kyogre: 71% + Locked into Water Spout Giratina: 50% + 2 turns of sleep

Giratina comes in to wall my Water Spout only to find himself in a scary 3HKO. I can't switch to one of my physical sweepers in fear of Will-o-Wisp, and the worst thing right now is he maybe weakens my Water Spout, which is still bad, but far less worse than losing my Garchomp. I use Water Spout to get him in KO range.
---
Kyogre used Water Spout.
Giratina lost 35% of its health.
Giratina is fast asleep!
Giratina used Sleep Talk.
Giratina used Rest.
But it failed!

Kyogre: 71% + Locked into Water Spout Giratina: 15% + 1 Turn of sleep

With a little luck I pull off the Water Spout and am sitting at a comfortable 71%. This is my last Water Spout due to Pressure, but it should be the last Water Spout I need in the game. The hardest part of stall is breaking their special wall, this is extremely the case in the Ubers game. I click Water Spout to watch the great wall tumble down.
---
Kyogre used Water Spout.
Giratina lost 15% of its health.
Lady Bug's Giratina fainted.

Kyogre: 71% + Locked into Water Spout Giratina: KO'd
5-5 Tie

I can only imagine what pokemon he might send in. If it's Kyogre, I will have to sacrifice Lugia so I can get the advantage with Parasect.
---
Lady Bug switched in Deoxys-f .

Sweeper Deoxys, that is not something that I see every day. If memory serves right, sweeper Deoxys carries Grass Knot and Extreme Speed, with two slots for whatever else is needed. I suppose that Lugia is the most expendable pokemon, being weak to Stealth Rocks and all, also telling me if Deoxys is carrying Super Power. This also tells me that his team isn't actually a stall team at all, just it's carrying some super defensive pokemon to help counter Specs Ogre and the such.

Pointed stones dug into Lugia.
Lugia lost 25% of its health.
Deoxys-f used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Lugia lost 54% of its health.

Lugia: 27% Deoxys-f: 100%

I switch in Lugia only to face a powerful Thunder right to my beautiful birds face. I don't want to show that I have Garchomp just yet, so I switch in Tyranitar to lower Thunders accuracy, and to possible get a kill with Pursuit. I don't see why a sweeper Deoxys would carry Super Power, as the attack drop might hurt in the long run. Though it is possible. If it is carrying Super Power, my only option will to be revenge kill with Garchomp.
---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Tyranitar.
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The rain stopped.
A sandstorm brewed!
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.
Deoxys-f used Thunder.
Tyranitar lost 24% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

Tyranitar: 74% Deoxys: 94%

Tyranitar gets hit by the Thunder, and shrugs it off. I use Pursuit in hopes that the Deoxys is frightened and switches out, I also have my fingers crossed in hopes it is not carrying Super Power.
---
Deoxys-f used Ice Beam.
Tyranitar lost 17% of its health.
Tyranitar used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Deoxys-f lost 94% of its health.
Lady Bug's Deoxys-f fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

Tyranitar: 57% Deoxys-f: KO'd
5-4 Gen. Empoleon

Deoxys goes down after hitting my Tyranitar with an Ice Beam. I'm in a good position right now, I have fodder with my Lugia, Parasect to deal with Kyogre and a sweeper Garchomp still hidden in reserve. Whatever my opponent switches in I have a favorable chance of coming out on top.
---
Lady Bug switched in Garchomp.

Garchomp?! Hardly anyone actually runs a Garchomp, and they usually save him for late game sweeping. His team must not have much of an answer to Tyranitar besides Kyogre, who is threated by Parasect. Well, I want to know if Garchomp is going to use Earthquake or Outrage, I go to Lugia as a fodder pokemon to see what he is going to do.

Pointed stones dug into Lugia.
Lugia lost 25% of its health.
Garchomp used Dragon Claw.
Lugia lost 2% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Lugia fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

Lugia: KO'd Garchomp: 100%
4-4 Tie

My opponent use Dragon Claw to scout out what I'm going to do. Lugia goes down and now I switch in a pokemon to deal with out beloved 4th gen dragon. Tyranitar can't do anything to Garchomp with the movest I run, Parasect is afraid of Groudon in the back, and my Garchomp is afraid of a speed tie.
---

So that leaves Kyogre to come in and threaten with Surf (since I no longer have any Water Spouts). I use Surf to either kill his Garchomp, hurt his Groudon or harm his Kyogre.

The sandstorm stopped.
Rain began to fall!
Lady Bug switched in Groudon.
The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Kyogre used Surf.
It's super effective!
Groudon lost 67% of its health.

Kyogre: 59% + Locked into Surf Groudon: 21%

The sun comes out once more to weaken my water attack enough so Groudon can survive. I don't want to risk switching out and having another pokemon get threatened by Groudon waking up. Specs Kyogre is generally fast enough to outspeed most non boosted Groudons.
---
Kyogre used Surf.
It's super effective!
Groudon lost 21% of its health.
Lady Bug's Groudon fainted.

Kyogre: 59% + Locked into Surf Groudon: KO'd
4-3 Gen. Empoleon

Groudon tumbles down, but now Kyogre is open for the picking by the rest of his team.
---

Garchomp comes in to threaten my team with his boosted Outrage and Earthquake. I don't want to lose Kyogre, as she gives my Parasect support, so I go to Tyranitar to become fodder for my team.

Gen. Empoleon switched in Tyranitar.
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The sun faded.
A sandstorm brewed!
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.
Garchomp used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 35% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Tyranitar fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

Tyranitar: KO'd Garchomp: 100%
3-3 Tie

Kyogre can come in and hope to survive the attack and OHKO back with surf, while my Garchomp can revenge kill it easy. Parasect carries a 4x resistance to Earthquake though and has a whole array of status moves in his arsenal.
---

Parasect was the obvious choice, not risking any major damage to the team, while threatening his Garchomp should he choose to stay in and use Earthquake. I do, unfortunatly, make an error in judgement here.

Parasect used Spore.
But it failed!
The sandstorm rages.

Parasect: 51% Forretress: 100%

I have Parasect use Spore when switching to Forretress was the call any player would have made. I don't want Parasect to go to waste, so I go to Kyogre to hurt his team with Surf, and do a damn good job at it as well.
---
The sandstorm stopped.
Rain began to fall!
Forretress used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered everywhere!
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!

Kyogre: 47% Forretress: 100%

Kyogre comes in to OHKO that iron ball with Surf. At this point in the game, it is extreme late game. We both have three pokemon left, two Kyogres, two Garchomp (though he hasn't seen mine) and a supporter each. The supporters can't harm the sweepers, but they can make t easier for the opposing pokemon to sweep. So it's now down to the wire of who can predict whos movement.
---
Kyogre used Surf.
Forretress lost 100% of its health.
Lady Bug's Forretress fainted.

Kyogre: 47% Forretress: KO'd
3-2 Gen. Empoleon

He sacrifices Forretress to allow his sweepers to come in. Garchomp and Kyogre are both deadly to my team, luckily they can't OHKO ALL of my pokemon with a single move. Meaning I still have a shot to win this.
---

His Kyogre comes in, I don't know what move he's going to do, if it's Thunder, Garchomp can come in and the game will end at a speed tie, if it is a water attack, Parasect can have fun with it, if it is Ice, well Kyogre can shrug two of those off.

Kyogre used Surf.
A critical hit!
*Kyogre lost 46% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Kyogre fainted.

*Kyogre: KO'd Kyogre: 88%
2-2 Tie

Kyogre goes down to a surf, meaning that Parasect needs to come in to put a pokemon to sleep.
---
Parasect was hurt by Spikes!
Parasect lost 12% of its health.

Parasect only has 14% at this point, but he's ready to get healed by Kyogres Surf.

Kyogre used Surf.
Parasect's Dry Skin absorbed damage!
Parasect restored 25% of its health.
Parasect used Spore.
Kyogre fell asleep!

Parasect: 76% Kyogre: 88% + asleep

Rather than having his Garchomp take the spore, he has Kyogre use Surf, then get put to sleep. I know that he wouldn't keep Kyogre in, so I use Stun Spore to paralize Garchomp and give me the key to victory.
---
Parasect's attack missed!

Parasect: 94% Garchomp: 100%

Well fuck, I can't express how sad I was when Stun Spore missed, this game is down to the wire. I hope Parasect can survive whatever Garchomp throws at him.
---
Garchomp used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Parasect lost 73% of its health.
Garchomp is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Parasect: 21% Garchomp: 100% + Paralized

Parasect survives the Stone Edge, and paralizes Garchomp. I was amazed at my little bug taking that super effective hit and then doing his job. I need to get my final (and hidden) pokemon in to deal the final blow to this game.
---
Garchomp used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Parasect lost 21% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Parasect fainted.

Parasect: KO'd Garchomp: 100% + Paralized
2-1 Lady Bug

Parasect goes down, rest in peace.
---
Gen. Empoleon switched in Garchomp.
Pointed stones dug into Garchomp.
Garchomp lost 6% of its health.
Garchomp was hurt by Spikes!
Garchomp lost 12% of its health

Watch as the game unfolds.
Lady Bug: thats uber
Gen. Empoleon: Parasect is Uber strong
*Garchomp used Outrage.
*Garchomp went on a rampage!
It's super effective!
Garchomp lost 100% of its health.
Lady Bug's Garchomp fainted.

*Garchomp: 82% + Locked into Outrage Garchomp: KO'd
1-1 Tie

His Garchomp goes down, now it's my Garchomp versus his sleeping Kyogre.
---

Lady Bug: gg
Gen. Empoleon: Good Game
Garchomp used Outrage.
Kyogre lost 65% of its health.
Lady Bug's Kyogre fainted.

Gen. Empoleon wins!

Garchomp OHKO's Kyogre and secures the victory for my team. What a fantastic match

Props:
Garchomp on both sides, being equally threatening.
Kyogre for being threatening during the entire game
Parasect, he is Uber strong
Slops:
Lugia did pretty much nothing for me this game
Giratina only used three moves this game.

Remember, remain Uber strong

Jibaku EDIT: I'm stealthily moving this to the archive. This is perhaps the warstory that begun the concept of Project Ubers.
Hush!

Surprising, I went against Parasect and knocked it, but it does have potential. I really loved the end, Garchomp pulls off the win ^^
Great warstory, especially the whole sunny day vs Rain dance affair, kinda hilarious eh?

Again, great warstory. I remember playing you when you first started using Parasect and it surprised the shit out of me lol. But now that I know about Parasect, it's not too hard to handle. I was surprised that it survived the Stone Edge from Garchomp, but I guess that's the difference between Jolly and Adamant lol.

Haha that was fucking awesome, Gen

It's great to see more uber warstories, especially those featuring Parasect.

Nice warstory as usual. Not much else needs said than that. :)

(though I do feel this was just to advertise Parasect. XD)

Good to see you used Parasect and Garchomp. Parachomp for the win! I liked the comments, they were simple but efficient.

Parasect for life, brother.

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I really should've Superpower'd T-tar =/ And it's funny how was Parasect a big threat in that battle lol. That was a very gg.

Awesome Warstory :). I think I like you more now GE lol.
Shhh, people will catch on.
*must use Ubersect* heh, but I've been wanting to use it in Ubers ever since you made that analysis :P.

Note: Garchomp's SE did minimum damage to Parasect, but even max damage isn't an OHKO (73.07% - 86.07%)

Great game, and I'm glad to see Parasect doing something, as much as it leads me down a road of bad memories. Great. Now I need more booze.

Uberamazing warstory, like allways...
Lady Bug switched in Deoxys-f .

This also tells me that his team is actually a stall team at all, just it's carrying some super defensive pokemon to help counter Specs Ogre and the such.
Small nitpick, a bit confusing when I read it.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the issue there is that he typed "is actually" when he meant "isn't actually" there.

Anyway, awesome warstory. Nice to see Parasect getting a little love. Surviving that Stone Edge was impressive.

oh man. this reminds me of way back before diamond when I told my brother(who was going to train parasect). "That thing is worthless! why would you train that?" man, amazing how a warstory can change you mind. very nice

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, that was before dry skin. Poor Parasect became even more hateful of fire attacks, if that was at all possible. Still, got to say Dry Skin is obviously cool, and probably the most complex ability of pokemon. It's got so many different effects, I almost wonder why it's the only ability like that.

(I honestly wish they had made more)

lol @ gen before: It's not just sexy, its parasexy

And I can't help but think that if gen had only had anything that knew toxic... gg giratina
Anyway, since i'm into ubers now, very helpful warstory

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That... was... amazing...
Like death in hail and recovery in Sand?
Trying not to derail, but I just meant other abilities as complex as dry skin, which:

-depletes health in sun
-recovers health in rain
-gives a water immunity and water absorb ability
-gives a weakness to fire

There are just no other abilities that complex, when if one were to think a little bit creatively I am sure one could have thought up of abilities a lot more interesting and multi-dimensional than the ones we have now.

Like an ability that removes 1 layer of spikes/rocks every time the pokemon switches in. Or how about an ability that lets you "recharge" (like for hyper beam) by using an extra pp instead of an extra turn (ie. you could hyper beam continuously, but could only do it 4 times). Those are some examples I thought of just now, and not even as complex as dry skin in terms of how many effects it produces.

[/derail]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)