Wartortle [QC 3/3] [GP 1/2]

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This analysis contains an unacceptably low amount of detail. The counters section is alarmingly short, and the set itself isn't exactly expanded upon. Additionally, mentions of "blastoise's absence" throughout are questionable at best. This set should exist because it is good, not because Blastoise isn't allowed in the tier.

This needs a significant quality overhaul, including major expansion on all sections and a decent overview. Additionally, considering that RU isn't a very concrete tier and it's been nearly more than 2 months since this completed QC, I'm going to request AT LEAST two more QC checks before this goes on site.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello, im not QC but im willing to help out!

Wartortle's only real niche is getting Rapid Spin + Haze imo, its the only pokemon that can legally get that combo! (the two moves are illegal together on tentacool, no smeargle doesnt count) perhaps make the set look more like this?

[SET]
name: Rapid Spin Support
move 1: Rapid Spin
move 2: Foresight / Seismic Toss
move 3: Scald
move 4: Haze
item: Eviolite
ability: Torrent
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

most of Wartortle's resistances are on the special side, such as fire, ice, and water, making a specially defensive spread a good choice, especialy because you can now check things such as gorebyss and omastar with haze. haze is COMPLETELY needed on wartortle, or it becomes complete set up bait, even with yawn things like subNP jynx give you trouble. seismic toss is really wartortle's best option for damage, its not like scad is doing more than 100 damage to anything that isnt weak to it anyway. ice beam really isnt worth it on wartortle, your not going to be damaging much anyway with base 65 spa. Also, with a lack of perma rain in RU, there is no real reason to use rain dish, so torrent is really the only thing that needs to be slashed (also haze and rain dish are illegal -.-)

good luck on your analysis!

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
hmm yeah i like molk's "check". just a few nitpicks:

[SET]
name: Rapid Spin Support
move 1: Rapid Spin
move 2: Foresight / Seismic Toss
move 3: Scald / Seismic Toss
move 4: Haze
item: Eviolite
ability: Torrent
nature: Bold Calm
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

haze is a p. underrated move and it should definitively be on the analysis. it's not like yawn / ice beam are helpful at all lol.

for teammates, mention pokemon that benefit from rapid spin but shouldn't be used with other rapid spinners (cryogonal, sandslash, armaldo, claydol) because of their bad synergy with them. a good example is probably moltres. also, blastoise's raise to uu mentions shouldn't be removed for any reason, since that's probably the main reason to use wartortle, along with the fact there are no good water-type spinners (except tentacool, which lacks haze like molk mentioned) in the tier. by the way: wartortle should never be used on a rain dance team, since that'll only make the later lose momentum, so remove all rain dish mentions. i also suggest you to try writting a little bit more, because you're going nonwhere with such a small analysis, though i gotta admit i'm a huge fan of simplicity.

with that said:

QC APPROVED 4/5

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry but enough is enough, you've spent way too long on this and you don't make much of an attempt to work on it. If anybody wants to finish this off, PM me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)