Warubiaru

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Being weak to aqua jet, ice shard and mach punch/vaccuum wave with no resistance to bullet punch/extremespeed is just horrible. Warubiaru will be forced to switch out all too often if anything threatens to priority own it. STAB dark now has an additional downside due to Heart of Justice and being choice locked into earthquake has not been desirable since GSC. I think its attack is slightly too low to use choice scarf effectively, but its speed is very exploitable with choice band. From a theory point of view, I really cannot see Warubiaru being commonly used in OU.

That said, Waru is my favourite Pokemon from this generation and I will be tearing up shit in game with it.

Being weak to aqua jet, ice shard and mach punch/vaccuum wave with no resistance to bullet punch/extremespeed is just horrible. Warubiaru will be forced to switch out all too often if anything threatens to priority own it. STAB dark now has an additional downside due to Heart of Justice and being choice locked into earthquake has not been desirable since GSC. I think its attack is slightly too low to use choice scarf effectively, but its speed is very exploitable with choice band. From a theory point of view, I really cannot see Warubiaru being commonly used in OU.

That said, Waru is my favourite Pokemon from this generation and I will be tearing up shit in game with it.
Priority attacks, in general, are rare. I for one almost never see aqua jet/ice shard. The only two common ones are bullet punch and extremespeed, both of which you can see coming from a mile away.

Oh wait, forgot Sucker Punch, but he resists that.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Priority attacks, in general, are rare. I for one almost never see aqua jet/ice shard. The only two common ones are bullet punch and extremespeed, both of which you can see coming from a mile away.
This is a strawman.

I made no mention of the relative rarity of each priority attack, but rather an absolute statement that all of the above are enough to scare Warubiaru off. It does not matter how obvious a priority attack is. My argument is that Warubiaru is forced to switch out too often (more often than it can switch in), and this is an obviously material disadvantage.

This thing is pretty cool with its abilities but probably outclassed by Tyranitar who has better over all bulk and power for the most part.I suppose his speed and Ability sets him apart.Both intimidate and Over confidence are really great abilities and this guy seems to be quite versetile as well.The priority weakness is quite annoying and he will probably have to switch a lot though.Scarf seems like the most viable option.Deffinetly has OU potential so lets see how it turns out for this guy.

This is a strawman.

I made no mention of the relative rarity of each priority attack, but rather an absolute statement that all of the above are enough to scare Warubiaru off. It does not matter how obvious a priority attack is. My argument is that Warubiaru is forced to switch out too often (more often than it can switch in), and this is an obviously material disadvantage.
You may want to look up what a straw man fallacy is.

Saying that Ice Shard/Aqua Jet is a hazard to Warubiaru is like saying Choice Scarf Aerodactyl is a hazard to Ninjask. Just because it exists doesn't mean it's common.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
You may want to look up what a straw man fallacy is.

Saying that Ice Shard/Aqua Jet is a hazard to Warubiaru is like saying Choice Scarf Aerodactyl is a hazard to Ninjask. Just because it exists doesn't mean it's common.
Read my original post. Realise that I did not say that aqua jet/ice shard are common. Now read it again until you understand it.

Now read my second post, and read that again until you understand it.

Realise that both your replies miss the point. I can only conclude that you are a troll.

Read my original post. Realise that I did not say that aqua jet/ice shard are common. Now read it again until you understand it.

Now read my second post, and read that again until you understand it.

Realise that both your replies miss the point. I can only conclude that you are a troll.
Almost reminiscent of the Salem Witch Trials. I CAN'T DEFEND MY ARGUMENT! MAYBE IF I CALL HIM ONE OF THOSE TROLLS I ALWAYS HEAR ABOUT, EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY!

You brought up Aqua Jet/Ice Shard as a threat to him, and I responded saying that those two moves are rarely if ever seen. Believe it or not, but this is a valid point.

And how did I not respond to your original comment? You clearly stated that Aqua Jet/Ice Shard were dangerous to Warubiaru (w/no reasoning), I respectfully disagreed, then stated my reason for doing so. You then started babbling about trolls and straw men.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
You brought up Aqua Jet/Ice Shard as a threat to him, and I responded saying that those two moves are rarely if ever seen. Believe it or not, but this is a valid point.

And how did I not respond to your original comment? You clearly stated that Aqua Jet/Ice Shard were dangerous to Warubiaru (w/no reasoning), I respectfully disagreed, then stated my reason for doing so.
My first post:
Priority attacks force Waru to switch. Collectively this happens too often and is therefore a disadvantage.

Your first post:
Priority attacks A and B are uncommon. Priority attacks C and D are predictable. "This is neither here nor there, but I will post it as an implicit rebuttal to your post!!"

Our subsequent posts:
You are stupid.
No, you are stupid.

My first post:
Priority attacks force Waru to switch. Collectively this happens too often and is therefore a disadvantage.

Your first post:
Priority attacks A and B are uncommon. Priority attacks C and D are predictable. "This is neither here nor there, but I will post it as an implicit rebuttal to your post!!"

Our subsequent posts:
You are stupid.
No, you are stupid.
Not sure if your English is always this bad or if it's just due to it being late, but I'll do my best to translate this.

By "A and B" I'm going to assume you mean Aqua Jet/Ice Shard. Let's start with "A". The only OU Pokémon that learns Aqua Jet is Empoleon. I, for one, have never seen an Empoleon do anything other than Sub down to a berry. However, even from max attack Empoleon, he still survives Aqua Jet. In terms of Ice Shard, the only two OU who learn it are Weavile and Mamoswine. For both of these, any man in his right mind will switch out due to typing, NOT "what if they have ice shard". I, for one, would switch out even if they never could learn Ice Shard.

By "C and D", I'm going to assume you mean Bullet Punch/Extremespeed. In the case of both of these by Scizor/Lucario (respectively), Warubiaru takes laughable damage from their priority attacks. In all honesty, I'd be fearing U-Turn/Close Combat more than priority.

This is probably the part where you call me a troll.

Aqua Jet/Ice Shard being "rare" is all well and good, but you should keep in mind that Mach Punch will be quite common thanks to Doryuuzu - the Pokémon who has single-handedly defined the "metagame" thus far - being weak to Fighting.

Warubiaru is not going to appreciate any of it.

Not sure if your English is always this bad or if it's just due to it being late, but I'll do my best to translate this.

By "A and B" I'm going to assume you mean Aqua Jet/Ice Shard. Let's start with "A". The only OU Pokémon that learns Aqua Jet is Empoleon. I, for one, have never seen an Empoleon do anything other than Sub down to a berry. However, even from max attack Empoleon, he still survives Aqua Jet. In terms of Ice Shard, the only two OU who learn it are Weavile and Mamoswine. For both of these, any man in his right mind will switch out due to typing, NOT "what if they have ice shard". I, for one, would switch out even if they never could learn Ice Shard.

By "C and D", I'm going to assume you mean Bullet Punch/Extremespeed. In the case of both of these by Scizor/Lucario (respectively), Warubiaru takes laughable damage from their priority attacks. In all honesty, I'd be fearing U-Turn/Close Combat more than priority.

This is probably the part where you call me a troll.
You. Miss. The. Point.

Mcgraw was saying that due to X, Y and Z, this pokemon will not see OU play. Your response was "X is rare blah blah blah". X still exists however, and you also failed to address Y and Z. You didn't address McGraw's point which was that these factors combined would lead to the croc not seeing OU play, you only made a technicality comment which did not address his point whatsoever.

You. Miss. The. Point.

Mcgraw was saying that due to X, Y and Z, this pokemon will not see OU play. Your response was "X is rare blah blah blah". X still exists however, and you also failed to address Y and Z. You didn't address McGraw's point which was that these factors combined would lead to the croc not seeing OU play, you only made a technicality comment which did not address his point whatsoever.
Once again: Just because it exists does not mean it's common. Is Warubiaru gonna drop down to UU just because there's a slim chance that you'll find a CB Lapras with Ice Shard? You never know exactly what to expect in a match, so you have to go with what's usually seen and expect that. If you try to expect every possible twist you're gonna be overwhelmed.

tl;dr Warubiaru isn't gonna drop down just because there's a couple of rare moves that may or may not kill him.

Aqua Jet/Ice Shard being "rare" is all well and good, but you should keep in mind that Mach Punch will be quite common thanks to Doryuuzu - the Pokémon who has single-handedly defined the "metagame" thus far - being weak to Fighting.

Warubiaru is not going to appreciate any of it.
Since no one really knows for sure what to expect in Gen 5, I'm comparing Warubiaru to Gen 4 for now. But from what I hear, Mach Punch Roopushin is gaining popularity solely due to the mole, so he could pose a major threat to Warubiaru.

tl;dr Warubiaru isn't gonna drop down just because there's a couple of rare moves that may or may not kill him.
Since no one really knows for sure what to expect in Gen 5, I'm comparing Warubiaru to Gen 4 for now. But from what I hear, Mach Punch Roopushin is gaining popularity solely due to the mole, so he could pose a major threat to Warubiaru.
He might not drop down from the rare ones, but he'll drop down from the common ones.

I agree. However, the case of Warubiaru not being OU was that he would be forced to switch ou far too often. This was supported by Warubiaru having not enough attack or speed to use either band or scarf well, does not handle priority well and both of his STABs are types that are not great to be locked into. You rattled off on priority being a minor point (by being rare), despite mcgraw not saying it was common at all. This doesn't really counter his arguement at all, as he was never saying priority was common and you never once address the main arguement - "that Warubiaru being forced to switch out too often prevents it from being OU".

Have any of you actually used Warubiaru yet in any kind of setting? Or is this all pure conjecture from looking at the guys stats and movepool? I'm not sure you can call all this talk facts about him if you haven't. Switching him in and out a lot isn't that bad, especially since he resists SR. He helps me gain the momentum of matches because people are so scared of his EQ and not letting him KO. I give him lots of spikes support so he is always a threat to come in and knock something out for an attack boost if they stay in.

Have any of you actually used Warubiaru yet in any kind of setting? Or is this all pure conjecture from looking at the guys stats and movepool? I'm not sure you can call all this talk facts about him if you haven't.
Lulz so true wariaburu definitely owns his powerful eq coupled with overconfidence make him a menacing opponent. All this talk of priority owning him really isnt that valid. I mean Tyranitar is 4x weak to mach punch and weak to aqua jet and bullet punch. Did that keep him out of OU? No although Ttar is very bulky Im just using this to show that priority isnt that big of an issue. Wariaburu can hold his own against extreme speed and bullet punch. Even Aqua Jet. And even if he does have to switch out a lot, it's not that bad he has a resistance to SR meaning switching in and out isnt that bad.

Weakness to priority is troublesome, but unlike say, Dragon Dance Tyranitar, Warubiaru is not trying to setup and sweep. Intimidate helps with his below average Defense, and immunity to Thunder-Wave, along with a STAB Earthquake/Pursuit are his selling points. Thus, I think he'll mostly see usage as a Choice user.

can warubiaru be used as a utility pokemon to help out weather teams? he can use intimidate to force out many sand storm attackers, and he can help ninetales by covering a rock weakness, while ninetales covers the grass weakness. Water weakness is nulled by sunlight as well as the plentiful grass types. I mean, intimidate quake, edge pursuit has the potential to break the tyranitar, shandeera, and other friends that mess up sunny sweeps. Though he can't deal with rain.

i think he would only be useful on sandstorm teams, but in order to cripple ST doryuuzu they would both have to come in at the same time and then throw a pursuit to hurt him when he swiches. and doryuuzu will be on most sand storm teams. sunny day teams would try to have shandera which i think can OHKO waru with FB.

Warubiaru gets STAB Trickery, and though it hasnt been tested yet, I think it will see some use. I agree that it will mostly be used as a Choice User.

There is no way Doryuzuu will switch out on Warubiaru, as even a Non-Boosted X-Scissor will KO Warubiaru.

No I meant to say that warubiaru can check tyranitar, and may be a good way to help sun teams by eliminating certain threats. Specifically, he can help kill tyranitar, and ninetales, two powerful weather changers with his stabs. He can also kill rankurusu and shinpora, which can be annoying with magic guard, and he can deal with espeon and jolteon if he uses choice scarf. He can also kill heatran and check gyrados, both big threats. So from that we get this set

Warubiaru Choice Scarf Jolly
252atk 252spd
Intimidate
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit or filler.

Warubiru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overconfidence
EVs:4Hp/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
-Earthquake
-Rock slide
-Trickery
-Pursuit

how about this?

With this thing running max speed this thing could start a sweep from a revenge kill potentially with is a pretty scary and pursuit is a nice move for some thing with Overconfidence

I'm gonna be honest and geuss that he doesn't get much use, sadly. I see him as a top threat in UU, though. Maybe BL if he's "too good", though I doubt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)