Warubiaru

I'm gonna be honest and geuss that he doesn't get much use, sadly. I see him as a top threat in UU, though. Maybe BL if he's "too good", though I doubt it.
I think you're crazy wrong. This guy has Top Tier OU written all over him. Even with bellow average speed and average attacking power this guy is deadly. I think the term "after (?) and (?) have been taken down Warubiaru sweeps your teams" will start popping up in RMTs. I mean a simple revenge turns into an all out sweep if you don't have Pokémon that can not only outspeed him, but OHKO him. Overconfidence is a scary ability. With some T-Wave support he's pretty dangerous even without Choice Scarf.

in the set above i meant outrage not rs. and couldnt we run adamant nature and take out 252 evs on attack? he reaches 303 attack with adamant and the extra 252 evs could be used for bulk. 176 evs in hp and 88 in both defenses

This guy is replacing that pillarmon as my Revenge Killer. Banded STAB priority from a huge base attack is nice, but Scarfed STABQuake/STABCrunch/STABSuit are more versatile. Not to mention Stone Edge for good measure, and Overconfidence to continue killing if the conditions are met.

the only ou (imo) pokes that get it are erefuun, lucario, the wind genie and the electric genie
Lucario gets Justice Heart actually, not Mischievous Heart.

I agree with the comparisons to Tyranitar with this guy, especially regarding Choice Scarf. With Adamant, he has the same Attack as Jolly ScarfTar but a good deal more speed. I would run Adamant in most cases, unless Lucario starts using +speed natures more often, since 92 speed isn't outrunning all that many important things that use +speed natures. But of course, the speed tiers are just beginning to take form, so it's hard to be sure atm. He also has the option of Intimidate to effectively have greater defense than Tar upon switching in, or can threaten a Late Game Sweep with Overconfidence, which I've seen him do before.

He has great Offensive Typing, which is also pretty decent defensively, two amazing abilities, and the right stats in the right places to be a major physical threat. I'm predicting he'll sit quite comfortably in OU.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Warubiaru wants Crunch. Trickery is cool and all, but a lot of the time you will be hitting stuff that the extra BP is not worth the power lost. For example, Sazandora will be a solid check to this, and many of them run an attack lowering nature. Crunch is better because it is a spammable STAB, although with the advent of Justice Heart it is less so.

the best warubiaru will probably be scarf. overconfidence is a solid ability, plus most fliers get nailed by crunch for a 2hko after stealth rock. spikes support seems like a good idea as well. warubiaru could help wear down nattorei with them, among other walls.

the issues with mcgraws arguement of both stabs having things that are immune to them is that they are hit really hard by the other stab. skarmory is an exception, but most flying types dislike crunch or stone edge, and the pokemon that get justice heart (correct me if im wrong here) dont like earthquake. obviously an eq resist is vital with doryuuzu, but if you can hit their resist with a crunch or something then scarf warubiaru could become really scary.

I think you're crazy wrong. This guy has Top Tier OU written all over him. Even with bellow average speed and average attacking power this guy is deadly. I think the term "after (?) and (?) have been taken down Warubiaru sweeps your teams" will start popping up in RMTs. I mean a simple revenge turns into an all out sweep if you don't have Pokémon that can not only outspeed him, but OHKO him. Overconfidence is a scary ability. With some T-Wave support he's pretty dangerous even without Choice Scarf.
Sure overconfidence is great, but if he's using the best thing to fix his speed (scarf) and uses eq, then a levitator/flyer will come in and wreak havoc. similar things will happen with his crunch being resisted by lucario as well as giving luke an attack boost, then luke getting up an SD and destroying your team (this also applies to the musketeer trio). I just think there are better choices out there that don't need nearly as many threats removed to start sweeping (ononokusu comes to mind, with only skarmory and bronzong really needing to be eliminated). he also lacks a good set-up move outside of claw sharpen and bulk up.

I'd like to run the following set:
Adamant
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Overconfidence (or EQSpiral, whatever)
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Pursuit
~Fire Fang/Thunder Fang9
I could see this thing coming into anything that it could scare out (Blissey), cripple it, and proceed to sweep. I'd enjoy predicting the Scizor switch and Fire Fanging it. The coverage of this kind of set is enormous.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I think gamefreak was playing favorites when they were choosing movepools for these pokemon. We want X pokemon to be better than Y pokemon, so we'll make sure that Y pokemon doesn't have access to moves like swords dance/rock polish etc.

Yup. Game Freak loves giving the middle finger to some Pokémon with good potential: Kirikizan, Goruggu (who still functions fairly well, from what I've read), Cute Charm Milotic (the hell Game Freak)… the list goes on. Thankfully, the third game can sometimes remedy this. And at least the Criminal Croc still looks like he'll do some good things out in the field.

I'd also like to add that he can probably teach Doryuuzu a thing or two about how drills work.

This is so OP and should be banned due to it's massive amount of COOL POINTS.

If only it was slightly faster. It's a good Anti-tar, but thats about all it is. There are other pokemon than can come in on TTar and do other things. Mabye it will be useful, but even with that excellent typing and ability, it's lower than average speed coupled with it's lower than average defenses make me question it's competitiveness...

..but it's still OP due to it's coolness.

I think gamefreak was playing favorites when they were choosing movepools for these pokemon. We want X pokemon to be better than Y pokemon, so we'll make sure that Y pokemon doesn't have access to moves like swords dance/rock polish etc.
Do you seriously want this thing to be able to Swords Dance and get Overconfidence boosts? Even at 92 Spe, thats crazy powerful. Gamefreak actually did something smart by leaving Warubairu SD-less. What he needs is good team support in the form of Glare / Thunder Wave. With those he becomes a monster.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
in my opinion, they've should've given waru the elemental punches
Well that is just entirely irrelevant.

On topic, Warubiaru is entirely underwhelming. Being walled by all the current Physical stoppers such as Skarmory, Hippowdon, Nuttre, Swampert and Vaporeon makes it a liablity against stall as it will be set up on. This ineffectualness is compounded by its inablilty to seriously damage most offensive teams, due to the ubiquity of super effective priority and two risky stabs (Justice Heart means Crunch can't be chucked around). Also that is a fucking horrible sprite.

I only hate the shiny sprite, the backsprite is a little iffy unless you can make out the arms.

This thing is a little underwhelming as it's not really Zapdos bulky, and not too strong either. Overconfidence is great and all, but the presence of either Nattorei/Vappy/the like really hinder its usefulness. On the other hand, there are no notable base 90 scarfers/DD'ers, so Warubiaru can afford to drop a lot of speed in favour of bulk. Dropping to 172 Evs for the scarf set allows it to outspeed Timid Jolteon, add another point and it outspeeds 395 speed Agildar. However, I still find it less bulky and useful than say, an LO Mamoswine.

This guy is pretty decent.

I ran him and Heracross both as Overconfidence Choice Scarfers. Reveal one early and use him as a revenger, keep the other tucked away until his counters are weakened or eliminated and then wreak havoc.

The best thing this guy has going for him is his electric immunity, as it allows him to switch in and threaten things without taking any damage besides entry hazards

This is so OP and should be banned due to it's massive amount of COOL POINTS.

If only it was slightly faster. It's a good Anti-tar, but thats about all it is. There are other pokemon than can come in on TTar and do other things. Mabye it will be useful, but even with that excellent typing and ability, it's lower than average speed coupled with it's lower than average defenses make me question it's competitiveness...

..but it's still OP due to it's coolness.
About the only point you got right there was being a check to Tar.
And the cool points.

This thing makes ScarfTar mostly obsolete!
Set:

Warburiau@Choice Scarf
Adamant, Overconfidence
4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Pursuit/Dragon Claw/Utility Move

Here are the tradeoffs:
-1 less attack (lol, huge diff there)
-Much higher speed (outspeeds ScarfTran)
-Better STAB (failedge has failcurracy)
-Gains an Ice weakness to lose 4x Fighting weakness, and steel weakness, as well as an Electric immunity (Twave)
-Much better ability (unless you need SS support, though Hippowdon is usually better for it's dragon slayin attributes)
-Less natural bulk
-No access to Elemental Punches, but I wouldn't run them anyways

My favourite part is that after EITHER the opponents Ground OR Dark resistors are gone, he can pick off a weakened poke, then sweep an entire team better than Tar due to OC. He actually wrecks. So. Fuckin. Bad.

My personal opinion is that he reminds he a lot of Nidoqueen and Lanturn. He may very well become a decent Pokemon in the lower tiers, due to some very handy resistances and interesting options. In OU, he could be used as a "niche pokemon", serving a very specific purpose in a metagame suited to his presence, despite average stats, thanks to intersting and unique typing. In other words, think of Nidoqueen, "Damn! My stall team still needs reliable toxic spikes, stealth rock, and a counter to Tyranitar or Lucario! Well..." I think that's basically what Warubiaru is going to be like.

That said, exactly what this set would look like, I don't know. Scarf seems like the best idea, functioning pretty similarly to Scarftar but with better typing (it seems). Overconfidence seems intriguing, and with perhaps Bulk Up I could see some offensive options- however, this would probably be in the lower tiers. I think that Scarf will be his most common set in OU- below that, things like Bulk Up, or even CB, as he definitely has the awesome STAB for that sort of thing. A very interesting Pokemon, to be sure.

I can imagine with Anger Point, and that new move that causes crits, he would be fun in doubles.
Yes but the new move that causes crits is Ice [Ice Breath] :3 maybe with a yache berry though. If this guy got Rock Polish, he would be a doubles master (and EQ hits both sides!)

XxBraedonxX, he doesn't have one less attack than Tyranitar. He has 17, which IS a big difference. He has about 365 max IIRC, and ttar has 403. Also, TTar has STAB Stone Edge and a lot more resistances, as well as Sand Stream

i believe ttar will overshadow this guy because of greater overall bulk and a stronger pursuit...but warubiaru has its own selling points such as two great abilities in intimidate and overconfidence and stab earthquake as well as a bigger speed stat...but ttar can still handle forces like shanderaa and gengar much better...

I think Virizion (Grass/Fighting legend) would counter him nicely, resisting both his STABs and Stone edge, and is capable of hitting back with STAB Leaf Blade or Sacred Sword.

Trickery, (at least in my opinion), should never be used on Warubiaru. It uses the opponent's attack to calculate damage, making it completely unreliable. What if you're facing a Blissey? Sure, it may be quite a nasty surprise for the Intimidate Gyara who comes in expecting to screw you up, but it's completely unreliable.

It's almost like GameFreak tried to give us a real version of Colosoil, lol. If only this guy got Rapid Spin...

I think Scarf Waru is probably his most useful set, since it has more speed than Tyrannitar. in all, though, he really seems like an inferior Tyrannitar to me, since a lot of his jobs are similar, but he doesn't have the movepool and scary versatility.

I really like the idea of the Ice Breath/Anger Point strategy in doubles/triples. That'd be pretty scary.

Finish off any counters of this thing, slap on a Scarf and go to town with Overconfidence. I think this is a very potent late-game cleaner, with good attack, usable speed, and good STAB. And NeoSeth, about the Anger Point thing, it's week to Ice Breath (and for the record, it's also weak to Mountain Storm, the other insta-crit move), so you'd probably need an appropriate berry to make it work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)