Weather or Not Here I Come!

Should I switch Drifblim with

• Total voters
For your statement on TR, that's a good point and I completely forgot about ragepowder/follow me. So thanks for reminding me about that, I'll run TR instead
You can try Chandelure with TR and Imprison to lock other trick room users, keeping heat wave and protect/shadow ball

You can try Chandelure with TR and Imprison to lock other trick room users, keeping heat wave and protect/shadow ball
That's a good idea, I was thinking that too, but that would also eliminate Sweeping capabilities. But I think I'll base the team around more on them not being able to get momentum rather than me getting momentum, all focused around sun and/or tailwind. Because momentum is everything in pokemon

lol

Yeah whatever why am I even trying; just learn to accept constructive criticism when given it. You're clearly not even reading what I've said anyway.

The cockiness is pretty funny though I'll give you that.

I'm sorry, but if you want to keep sun, you really should drop Whimsicott. Most of the time it's easier to switch around then use a turn setting up. Whimsicott was a great Pokemon in 2011 because 99% of the time it stopped priority Thundurus/Tornadus which were on 99% of the teams, but they aren't nearly as common anymore. I'm going to agree with Zog and replace Whimsicott either with Nintails, which at least has good damage output, or just forgo sun entirely and replace Shiftry too. Half of your team is also Garchomp weak, with literally nothing that can OHKO it. I would suggest replacing Shiftry with Latios (OHKOs and outspeeds the common Garchomp) and Whimsicott with either Nintails, or a rain counter such as Gastrodon or Thundurus.

Terrakion will never use X-Scissor, and it doesn't OHKO anything, so you should replace that with Quick Attack. Priority is always useful.

lol

Yeah whatever why am I even trying; just learn to accept constructive criticism when given it. You're clearly not even reading what I've said anyway.

The cockiness is pretty funny though I'll give you that.

Obviously you have no idea, My team was 5 pokemon different that what it is now, obviously i can take constructive criticism.

I'm sorry, but if you want to keep sun, you really should drop Whimsicott. Most of the time it's easier to switch around then use a turn setting up. Whimsicott was a great Pokemon in 2011 because 99% of the time it stopped priority Thundurus/Tornadus which were on 99% of the teams, but they aren't nearly as common anymore. I'm going to agree with Zog and replace Whimsicott either with Nintails, which at least has good damage output, or just forgo sun entirely and replace Shiftry too. Half of your team is also Garchomp weak, with literally nothing that can OHKO it. I would suggest replacing Shiftry with Latios (OHKOs and outspeeds the common Garchomp) and Whimsicott with either Nintails, or a rain counter such as Gastrodon or Thundurus.
I tried Gastrodon and man did it get raped by grass moves. But I guess I could run Ninetails *SOOOOBBB* and I guess I'll drop Shiftry with Latios too, can you give me some movesets though?

I tried Gastrodon and man did it get raped by grass moves. But I guess I could run Ninetails *SOOOOBBB* and I guess I'll drop Shiftry with Latios too, can you give me some movesets though?
For Ninetales you can go here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3455125
and for Latios you can go here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3455209
And Saboros ca you give me a moveset for Amoonguss on my team please? it will be much appreciated

EDIT: Be careful with Garchomps, they can have a choice scarf

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3455209
And Saboros ca you give me a moveset for Amoonguss on my team please? it will be much appreciated
Thanks, and sure, however with Amoonguss you can run many different effective EV Spreads, here's what i used in VGC 2011:

Amoonguss@Coba Berry
Sassy
Effect Spore
252HP/252Def/252SpDef
Giga Drain
Rage Powder
Spore
Protect

0 IV in Speed

With this guy, you'd use him in TR, with TR up you can totally abuse Spore and put the only other team to sleep, Rage Powder is for tanking hits you don't want other guy to. The Coba is to tank Flight Gem Acrobatics from Tornadus, this item is much more preferable than Black Sludge or even Mental Herb

Yeah, i've used the same set but with a calm nature, i just don't know which attack replace with gastro acid
I didn't know Amoongus got gastro acid, however i know what team your talking about, i saw the RMT. Usually you don't want to run Amoonguss outside of TR, but if you really want to, then I'd replace Giga Drain, because, when Amoongus gets taunted, it's pretty much screwed, even with Giga Drain. Or if you want an attacking more just in case your down to a 1v1 in the final match and all you have is your amoongus, I'd run Gastro Acid instead of Protect.

I tried Gastrodon and man did it get raped by grass moves. But I guess I could run Ninetails *SOOOOBBB* and I guess I'll drop Shiftry with Latios too, can you give me some movesets though?[/If you check the smogon VGC analysis, you'll find some good sets. Also, Chandelure is much better for imprison TR bacuse it's not Fake out weak and gets super effective stab against TR set up.

I tried Gastrodon and man did it get raped by grass moves. But I guess I could run Ninetails *SOOOOBBB* and I guess I'll drop Shiftry with Latios too, can you give me some movesets though?[/If you check the smogon VGC analysis, you'll find some good sets. Also, Chandelure is much better for imprison TR bacuse it's not Fake out weak and gets super effective stab against TR set up.
Yah, but Ninetails is the fastest of all the weather set ups, so I'm going to find myself switching out against Politoad and Ttar. As I switch out they're either going to Surf, Earthquake or Rock Slide all of which Chandelure is weak to while Uxie tanks all of them pretty well:

Uxie 252HP/84Def/162SpDef
Iron Ball'd 252 SpAtk Politoed's Surf to my Uxie-26.9% - 31.9%
Iron Ball'd 252 Atk Tyranitar's Rock Slide to my Uxie-20.3% - 24.7%
Iron Ball'd 252 Atk Tyranitar's Earthquake to my Uxie- IMMUNE

i'm not pretty sure about the third slot of uxie, it gets the pokemon too vulnerable to taunt, i think you should replace sunny day/helpin hand with an attack moe: psychic doesn't help you against tyrnitar, that is its bigger counter with crunch, energy ball/grass knot can help you against these three (politoed, tyranitar, hippowdon)

i'm not pretty sure about the third slot of uxie, it gets the pokemon too vulnerable to taunt, i think you should replace sunny day/helpin hand with an attack moe: psychic doesn't help you against tyrnitar, that is its bigger counter with crunch, energy ball/grass knot can help you against these three (politoed, tyranitar, hippowdon)
That's why it has a Mental Herb, so taunt wears off, and I need sunny day on Uxie because I can rely on switching out and switching in ninetails, which is way to frail to be doing that.

mmm...i think uxie is better

Yah, in many ways I agree, however, if I run uxie, then I'm running Uxie,Latios and Gallade, three psychic types. I don't want 50% of my team to be weak to be weak to the same type, especially when that type has a priority move.

yes but also shedinja is weak to ghost and dark types, suicune/umbreon are good walls but i don't know if they learn TR anyway.

Well now I've decided to get rid of the sun oriented part of my team and just make it a bulky offense
suicune is bulkier than whimsicott and he learns tailwind too. Cresselia can take the role of uxie with more bulk and access to thunder wave, trick room, icy wind and helping ando, so she can provide good support for the team. metagross is another great pokemon for bulk offense like air baloon heatran or swampert, both of these three have good attack and defense stats expecially for swamper and metagross. Scizor can also help with excellent bulk and (banded) bullet punch. you can need a scarf user in the role of late-game sweeper, hydreigon can help with powerful STABs like dragon pulse and dark pulse. also scarf jellicent with water spout is good. reuniclus and conkelldurr are usefull in case against trick roomers, but you know, pokemons are 649 so it will be impossible to try all the combination, i can only suggest you to try all the combos as well as possible and then choose what's better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)