Weather or Not Here I Come!

Should I switch Drifblim with

• Total voters
suicune is bulkier than whimsicott and he learns tailwind too. Cresselia can take the role of uxie with more bulk and access to thunder wave, trick room, icy wind and helping ando, so she can provide good support for the team. metagross is another great pokemon for bulk offense like air baloon heatran or swampert, both of these three have good attack and defense stats expecially for swamper and metagross. Scizor can also help with excellent bulk and (banded) bullet punch. you can need a scarf user in the role of late-game sweeper, hydreigon can help with powerful STABs like dragon pulse and dark pulse. also scarf jellicent with water spout is good. reuniclus and conkelldurr are usefull in case against trick roomers, but you know, pokemons are 649 so it will be impossible to try all the combination, i can only suggest you to try all the combos as well as possible and then choose what's better

Dude I really need to ask you to use better english, it's really quite annoying to read your posts.

i think you need more investment in speed, expecially for hitmontop: he is very common as lead, and it may happen that you must outspeed another hitmontop with mach punch or another pokemon with a priority attack, so i suggest you max speed for this pkmn. Thundurus is helpful for your team with prankster and taunt/thunder wave, also in the role of zapdos. For a banded arcanine you can try extremespeed: with low speed a +2 priority attack with 80 BP + CB is always good, or you can try a mixed set with heat wave and earthquake/rock slide (i don't know if he learns these two). I'm not pretty sure about heracross, he's good but i think you can find something better for his role, like machamp (conkelldur is too slow). furthermore your team is outspeeded out of tailwind and this can be a risk. you can try a pokemon with the choice scarf, like a late-game sweeper such a hydreigon, or choice specs latios or also the same arcanine with 252 speed and the choice scarf. suicune and zapdos can also be stopped by taunt (prankster thundurus/tornadus/sableye) and you risk to be really vulnerable and slow, in this situation your bulk helps a lot.

i think you need more investment in speed, expecially for hitmontop: he is very common as lead, and it may happen that you must outspeed another hitmontop with mach punch or another pokemon with a priority attack, so i suggest you max speed for this pkmn. Thundurus is helpful for your team with prankster and taunt/thunder wave, also in the role of zapdos. For a banded arcanine you can try extremespeed: with low speed a +2 priority attack with 80 BP + CB is always good, or you can try a mixed set with heat wave and earthquake/rock slide (i don't know if he learns these two). I'm not pretty sure about heracross, he's good but i think you can find something better for his role, like machamp (conkelldur is too slow). furthermore your team is outspeeded out of tailwind and this can be a risk. you can try a pokemon with the choice scarf, like a late-game sweeper such a hydreigon, or choice specs latios or also the same arcanine with 252 speed and the choice scarf. suicune and zapdos can also be stopped by taunt (prankster thundurus/tornadus/sableye) and you risk to be really vulnerable and slow, in this situation your bulk helps a lot.
Do you not realize that this is a bulky team? Which revolves around tailwind, doubling my speed so i dont need to worry about speed

yes, you are right, i know. i said this just for hitmontop who needs speed because is a lead. remember that when you use tailwind, your speed doesn't boost in the same turn but in the next one.

yes, you are right, i know. i said this just for hitmontop who needs speed because is a lead. remember that when you use tailwind, your speed doesn't boost in the same turn but in the next one.

I'm actually changing the team a lot, the changes should probably be applied at either around 3:30 today or about 8am tomorrow.

ok, and..when is your VGC?

I'm going to the pleasanton, ca regionals. I believe it's on April 21st. I plan to have my team out of the planning stage by January/February if I can keep on track. Hopefully then I can start making some pokemon and hopefully ask some friends for some RNGed Pokemon.

i can rng well wild pkmns, i need more practice with breeding pkmns with egg moves but surely no hacks. i think i should learn to rng on D/P

scarf hydreigon is outspeeded by another scarfed pokemon such as latios and garchomp, it's enought easy to battle against them. A good check for these scarfed pkmns is weavile: priority ice shard OHKOes garchomp and does serious damages to latios. weavile is also the fastest user of fake out. he can get ice punch, ice shard and fake out in the 4th gen. Jellicent is a good replacement for gastrodon, because water absorb with surf is a great combo and water spout takes care of infernape, just watch out for toxicroak's dark gem'd sucker punch

scarf hydreigon is outspeeded by another scarfed pokemon such as latios and garchomp, it's enought easy to battle against them. A good check for these scarfed pkmns is weavile: priority ice shard OHKOes garchomp and does serious damages to latios. weavile is also the fastest user of fake out. he can get ice punch, ice shard and fake out in the 4th gen. Jellicent is a good replacement for gastrodon, because water absorb with surf is a great combo and water spout takes care of infernape, just watch out for toxicroak's dark gem'd sucker punch

I'll make those changes pronto

because water absorb with surf is a great combo and water spout takes care of infernape, just watch out for toxicroak's dark gem'd sucker punch

But if i replace hydreigon with Weavile, i dont have a surf user, should i run surf on golduck then?

But if i replace hydreigon with Weavile, i dont have a surf user, should i run surf on golduck then?
you can also replace ambipom with weavile and keep hydreigon.
You can run surf on golduck too or insert a pokemon that can use it as well like kingdra, that is also useful against rain teams.

With the minimal amounts of comments on this RMT, my team has been just sort of going through hourly changes based on what I see on PO, so everyday it definetly changes a lot. Like yesterday i went from golduck to lickilicky to abomasnow to tyranitar back to spec golduck. So my RMT isn't really that accurate. I think maybe I should do a lot more testing before updating, I might even just make a new RMT post all together.

Keep battling on PO is the best thing you can do.
PO is great to battle on, but at the same time its bad. Because you're not battling that many different people you make irrational changes pretty easily. Like I went from this team which evolved into a gravity based team which is no evolved into a TR team, so I'm just going to make a new RMT for a Trick Room team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)