Weather Whore (Tri-Weather Team)

I realize that three starters and not three abusers is the best way to go on this team. I tried out your suggestions just for fun and the thing is that the three non-starters aren't even attempting to abuse the weather in any way at all. So it kind of makes me wonder why I should even be using weather. To me, the ideal team would have the three starters, paired with three who do abuse the weather in some ways (i.e. a thunder, hurricane, synthesis, growth, surf, or something of the sort here and there), however they would not be completely dependent abusers as they are now.

Wouldn't Reshiram be a better abuser than Charizard (anything is better than zard)?
STAB Blue Flare and an actual way to hit the Kyogre Switchin.
Trust me, Charizard is awful, and i would never have even considered it while teambuilding.

I realize that three starters and not three abusers is the best way to go on this team. I tried out your suggestions just for fun and the thing is that the three non-starters aren't even attempting to abuse the weather in any way at all. So it kind of makes me wonder why I should even be using weather. To me, the ideal team would have the three starters, paired with three who do abuse the weather in some ways (i.e. a thunder, hurricane, synthesis, growth, surf, or something of the sort here and there), however they would not be completely dependent abusers as they are now.
There is a big reason to use three starters, and that is to mess with any team that rely on only one weather. And if you use anything that is dependent on one weather, you will be difficult to maintain that weather and that weather abuser will become useless once you are forced to switch the weather. And if your opponent is not abusing any particular kind of weather, it is still OK as you can just play normally as long as your team synergize with each other well.

I'll start out by saying that triple weather is a viable playstyle, do not let people make you think otherwise. The ability to mess up the opponent strategy while simultaneously strengthening your own is fearsome when played correctly. However, I will say that in order to be successful with this team you need to have a high level of prediction and skill. This will come with time and practice. Also, you need to master the art of the mind-game while attacking in a continuous and fluid manner. Flow is key.

Those who say that the weather-abuser are too situational and will not work when the weather is not in their respective flavor, have forgotten one key thing: the opponent usually run weather themselves. This means that you have the right sweeper to play in the opponent's field, putting you at a major advantage.

I will suggest you remove the choice-band on Kingdra since your Charizard is already choice-locked. This will give you the freedom to switch move, furthering the mind-games. Put rapid spin on Excadrill to support your Charizard since he will need it, lest SR will take 1/2 of his health everytime he switch in.

My last advice is to keep Charizard. Those who are telling you to replace it are just scared of Charizard's 252+ Sp. Atk SolarPower Choice Specs Fire Blast in the sun. Also Fire Blast > Flamethower. However, I will also recommend Overheat since Charizard will likely not live an attack in the Uber environment, hence the Sp. Atk drop is insignficant.

If you thought Kyogre's Waterspout was strong, Charizard will help to redefine strength for you, although admittedly, Kyogre is also really good. Anyone who seen the third Pokemon movie knows fully well what Charizard is capable of.

Hope this helps. :)

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Anyone who seen the third Pokemon movie knows fully well what Charizard is capable of.

There aren't enough NOs in the world to express what I'm thinking right now. No. Just no. Saying "you need to master the art of the mind-game" is superficial advice and doesn't contribute at all to the team. I can say the same thing to a team of Blastoise / Charizard / Venusaur / Lapras / Snorlax / Pikachu, and indeed, if they have a "high level of prediction and skill", they can still win matches.

Weather abusers that are completely dependent on their respective weathers being up are indeed very hard to maintain. Why do you think Venusaur needs so much support in OU? Why aren't Kingdra / Kabutops / Omastar on every single team in Ubers? Because they are highly dependent on their weather being up, and without it, are generally dead weight. Let's say the opponent has Kyogre, and you have Kyogre / Groudon / Tyranitar. Charizard and Excadrill are automatically at a disadvantage, as if the opponent manages to keep their weather up, you lose two members of your team. Furthermore, if you have weather up, at all times, two of your team members are useless as well. Period. The most they'll do is serve as death fodder, or maybe if you're lucky they can add an extra round of Life Orb recoil to an opponent's sweeper. That's it.

Charizard sucks. It sucks. Complete suck. Especially when you have three weather starters, and Charizard can only function in one of them, Charizard sucks. Nobody is afraid of Charizard's 252 Solar Power Fire Blast in the sun, because chances are, it won't be in the sun, and all you have is a pitiful base 109 SpA, most likely under rain, as Kyogre stomps this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)