Mafia vs Village Weeb Mafia: GAME OVER! Postgame in #504-505

The year is 2016. The outside world is barren and uninhabitable, a scarred memory of the peace we once shared. The shut in Smogoners would never notice, too preoccupied with Stratos' return to the forums. Taking a break from their illegal anime and funyuns to browse the now unlocked Doubles OU Anime Viability Rankings Thread, they locked in seemingly endless combat over the excruciating minutia of each show. After weeks of futile deliberation, Walrein finally broke down and sucked dick for mods. Locking the thread, he proposed a Mafia Game to determine the anime worthy of recognition. Begrudgingly, the posters donned their LARPing hats and pressed on.

Most of the anime up for contention were Bad Anime, and so they are the Village. Secretly, the Good Anime and the Kids Anime formed the two Mafia factions.

Rules:

1. While alive, you may talk to anyone about the game. The official IRC channel for this game is #circus on the SynIRC server. While dead, you may not talk to anyone about the game. Mafia strategy communication with their own team when dead is enabled, however.

2. Every user has a Role PM that they will receive in a conversation with me and Walrein. Do not add anyone to your Role PM conversation, or any game related conversation they were not originally a part of. Do not copy and paste or screenshot the exact text of your Role PM. You may describe flavor and actions, but you must paraphrase.

3. You may copy and paste anything anyone tells you, including the host. You may fake logs with other people, but I can't help with that. You may not impersonate anyone on IRC or otherwise.

4. Each day and night will be 48 hours barring small time changes for schedule convenience. I won't extend for idling fucks, and you should tell me if you are purposefully not using an action. I'll update early if all actions are in, but I will not end the day prematurely when a majority vote is reached.

5. Tie votes will result in no lynch.

6. You may ask me obvious questions about priority, etc if it is with respect to a standard role, but I don't have to answer if I feel like your question is overly prying and either my answer or purposeful lack of one would reveal too much. If I say I can't answer, let it go.

7. Please add me to any game related spreadsheets using ghostwheelsda@gmail.com and Walrein using tyler.y.james@gmail.com, and add both of us to conversations you create. Feel free to let loose and talk to me about your perspective in the game as well, I really enjoy it!

Potentially useful:

1. All it takes to be a member of the Bad Anime is for me to be able to make a joke about it. Collective taste, let alone any one person's taste, is very subjective depending on which communities you frequent and what you value in a show.

2. As a member of any faction investigating claims and logic you may want to know what shows I have seen (even if not every show in this game is one I've seen) or find basic descriptions. https://hummingbird.me/users/Ghostwheel is that resource. Simply click on "library", then "completed".

Playerlist

Dead (21):
pancake - Transformers - Kids Anime - Transporter - Lynched D1
SomewhatOddish - Oreimo - Bad Anime - Kill Hooker - Stabbed N1
Empoof - Canaan - Bad Anime - Alliance Checker - Shot N1
thetwinmasters - DNA^2 - Bad Anime - Non-Kill Hooker - Shadow Realm'd N1

Mithril - Bakemonogatari - Bad Anime - Tsundere Bodyguard - Lynched D2

sunny004 - Yugioh! - Kids Anime - Jack of All Trades - Stabbed N2
Jalmont - GATE - Bad Anime - Backup - Shot N2

Aubisio - Medabots - Kids Anime - Team BPV+Results Thief - Stabbed N3
Da Letter El - Geneshaft - Blazade's Favorite Anime - Scientific Victory Wolf - Shot N3
Yeti - Fullmetal Alchemist - Good Anime - Counterattacking Bodyguard - Robattled N3

King_ - Itsudatte! My Santa! - Bad Anime - Item Creator - Lynched D4
Tropiusisbae - Clannad - Bad Anime - Beloved Princess - Stabbed N4
rssp1 - Mirai Nikki - Bad Anime - Vigilante+Tracker - Shot N4
Nomark - Death Note - Bad Anime - Role Cop - Hyper Beamed N4

Nico? - Cowboy Bebop - Good Anime - Expert Killer - Lynched D5
kirsche - Pokemon - Kids Anime - Inspector+Mayor - Laser Cannoned N5

Eagle4 - Knights of Sidonia - Bad Anime - Rogue - Lynched D6
shubaka17 - Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Bad Anime - Decoy - Laser Cannoned N6

UncleSam - Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Good Anime - Ideology Mayor - Lynched D7
Haruno - Neon Genesis Evangelion - Bad Anime - Community Mayor - Ripped Apart N7

Flyhn - Elfen Lied - Bad Anime - Safeguard - Endgamed D8

Alive (1)

Galap - From the New World - Good Anime - Investigator+Hooker

Role PMs are going out. DO NOT POST until I have sent them.

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I will be leading this village I am a good role for leader (to be divulged later, probably D1) and have the role name Pokemon.

I expect everyone to send me their role names ASAP so that I can have something to hold you to later. If you're willing to tell me the general realm of your role (ie info, control, protective, etc) than I can give good targets for those with a minimum of risk but I expect all the mafia among you will cry when I ask for that so ya.

tl;dr I'm leading send me role names asap tyty

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
that ^

also we need a non-Weeb Village leader. If the village leader is a weeb, then they likely watch good anime and are therefore scum.

I am not a weeb, but i don't know how to village lead so someone else has to do it.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Blazade is this setup bastard?

for those of you who do not know what bastard means it means that your role could not mean what it seems (e.g. if I were roleblocker and was actually weak, but I wasn't told that I was weak).

You can also say that you can't confirm nor deny this.

Blazade is this setup bastard?

for those of you who do not know what bastard means it means that your role could not mean what it seems (e.g. if I were roleblocker and was actually weak, but I wasn't told that I was weak).

You can also say that you can't confirm nor deny this.
I am up front in my role PMs; if I were to for some reason design a role that has hidden weaknesses I would prefer not to specify, they would at least be informed that weaknesses in their role exist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)