Weezing

speaking of evolutions, imagine poison/dark weezing! No weaknesses!!!

plus it's defencive stats, plus the likelihood of such a combination, PLUS the ability to Haze Evasion N00bs, this might make Weezing an OU (or at least BL) Pokemon! (it's evo, that is)

so suggesting that! Poison/Dark Weezing evo

^Of course, that would mean that it no longer resists Fighting moves (or Bug moves), which is one of the main reasons to use Weezing.

But if Weezing got an evo, it would have to be one hell of an evo to be worth using over Evolution Stone Weezing.

ex) Poison/Steel with Levitate

Poison/Steel with Levitate.

Everything does fine with Steel. Even Ice.
2x weak to Ground? 4x weak to Fire AND Fighting? Neutral to Water, Rock and Electric? Seems pretty damn bad to me.

I think Weezing is pretty viable for OU as is, particularly against Sand teams. Reunclus is a problem however.

2x weak to Ground? 4x weak to Fire AND Fighting? Neutral to Water, Rock and Electric? Seems pretty damn bad to me.

I think Weezing is pretty viable for OU as is, particularly against Sand teams. Reunclus is a problem however.
He said with Levitate, and Poison resists Fighting... it would only be weak to Fire, and a x2 at that. :/

He said with Levitate, and Poison resists Fighting... it would only be weak to Fire, and a x2 at that. :/
He was talking about a generic ice/steel type, not weezing. But how high is Alakazam's usage? because he's one of the better counters for weezing, if his usage is high then weezing wont be doing so well.

Edit:ninja'd

breh

強いだね
uhhh.. alakazam is not used in standard OU so it's irrelevant for me.

how is it a counter anyway? Weezing just switches. Yes I realize that's the main point of a counter but that only really matters when the pokemon can force it out, even with boosts. Barring the crappy stockpile weezing, Weezing loses nothing when it is forced out (hell it's even immune to every hazard but SR).

also ice/anything is an awful typing

notice how Kyurem sucks and yet it's a Dragon-type with amazing stats (ok it doesn't exactly "suck" but it's certainly not the best)

poison/electric would be the best weezing evo, on that topic. reliable STAB would be nice.

Yeah I was referring to Ice/Steel, which sounds particularly bad. Steel is supposed to make everything better lol.

I think Poison/Fire would make sense after Poison/Steel. It can already explode, cause smoke and use Fire moves. A bomb evolution would be pretty badass.

Yes I realize that's the main point of a counter
You just answered your own question. "lol you can switch" doesn't make something any less of a counter since a counter forces you to either switch or die.

Anyway, it'll be a long time before there's even a chance of Weezing getting an evolution, and Poison+Levitate actually makes for a pretty decent defensive typing.

Poison/Dark evo with Levitate for pseudo-no weakness status and Psychic immunity that would be useful with lower Sp. Def, alongside Eelektross. But why does it need an evo anyway? Like PokeMontage said, Poison and Levitate is a good defensive typing, leaving Psychic as its only weakness, though this is possibly the weakness more easily explloited with low Sp. Def and Psychic's tendency to come off a Sp. Atk behemoth.

My Weezing

I think you guys should consider this set, has been working well for me.

Stockpile
Weezing w/Black Sludge
Nature: Bold (+Def -Attack)
EV: 116 HP / 244 Def / 148 SpD
- Stockpile
- Toxic
- Venoshock
- Clear Smog

This is such an awesome set. His attacks aren't affected by the many popular Intimidate-rs, which is important because a little extra strength can change the game. Max HP IVs give this Weezing exactly 300 HP, I decided the investment into Special Defense was worth the extra 30 HP.

This set can withstand attacks from those popular sweeping buffs (Dragon Dance/Coil/Calm Mind) -mostly- to reliably clear smog, which really makes it sort of a trump card. Obviously not meant to handle steel types but you know, 3 stockpiles can mean there isn't much the steel type could do either.

Other than that, as long as Weezing is attacking something, might as well be going for STAB, right?

Oh, and I often find that you can sort of surprise opponents if you hold off on Clear Smog and Stockpile instead. In certain circumstances the defense boosts will be enough to mitigate their damage, even more so when you do decide to Clear Smog.

I used a set similar to that Stockpile one in Gen 4 UU to decent success. The problem is that any steel type can switch in absolutely free as you literally can't do a single thing to them other than sit there and get hit. I ended up working WoW in to it since most Steels hate being burnt on the switch in.

@Poen

I'd probably change Venoshock (Assuming "hazing" is the purpose of the set aside from stockpiling) for flamethrower/fire blast (it gets fire blast, right?) since poison is a pretty terrible offensive type.

@Above
Flamethrower has 25 more BP than HP fire, plus a chance to burn.

@Poen

I'd probably change Venoshock (Assuming "hazing" is the purpose of the set aside from stockpiling) for flamethrower/fire blast (it gets fire blast, right?) since poison is a pretty terrible offensive type.

@Above
Flamethrower has 25 more BP than HP fire, plus a chance to burn.

Two things though, clear smog ensures that weezings stats stay above the enemies. I chose venoshock because it, like clear smog is STAB poison and does a lot of damage. If a steel type switches in to me, I usually switch him out.

Flamethrower is a tempting move to take, but I'm using Weezing as a support wall. He doesn't have the Sp Atk to do much. Venoshocking a badly poisoned enemy is probably the strongest STAB Poison he could have.

Venoshocking a badly poisoned enemy is probably the strongest STAB Poison he could have.
Or, he could easily be Venoshocking a burned enemy. As skitz0phrenic suggests, maybe Will-o-wisp over Toxic? So instead of ALL steel types walling you're entire set, with WoW, only Heatran does.

I must say, I was quite surprised to find that Weezing is usable in OU.

I've used Physically Defensive Weezing alongside a Specially Defensive Heatran. Not only do they cover each other's weaknesses perfectly, but they handle both sides of the attacking spectrum. Furthermore, they can spread burns like nothing else, via WoW and, in Heatran's case, Lava Plume. Or, if I dislike burns, they both have access to Toxic.

Typing-, defensive-, and status-synergy make it a potent duo. That said, Weezing still isn't an OU monster. I'm just saying that he doesn't, you know, suck.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I agree with the posters suggesting WoW, without it Weezing is complete set-up bait for any Steel-type. Maybe a stockpile set like this would be effective:

Weezing @ Chesto Berry
Bold
252 HP, 176 Def, 80 SpD
1. Clear Smog
2. Stockpile
3. Will-o-wisp
4. Rest

Great answer for physical attackers. While it lacks leftovers, it'd be a shame to waste Stockpile boosts because you took a couple strong hits setting up. Rest with Chesto berry allows a one-time full restore of HP and status, so should help you keep those stockpile boosts to stall out with WoW longer. Pain Split could be an option, too.

Or, he could easily be Venoshocking a burned enemy. As skitz0phrenic suggests, maybe Will-o-wisp over Toxic? So instead of ALL steel types walling you're entire set, with WoW, only Heatran does.
Venoshock doubles in power when facing a poisoned enemy only.

I must say, I was quite surprised to find that Weezing is usable in OU.

I've used Physically Defensive Weezing alongside a Specially Defensive Heatran. Not only do they cover each other's weaknesses perfectly, but they handle both sides of the attacking spectrum. Furthermore, they can spread burns like nothing else, via WoW and, in Heatran's case, Lava Plume. Or, if I dislike burns, they both have access to Toxic.

Typing-, defensive-, and status-synergy make it a potent duo. That said, Weezing still isn't an OU monster. I'm just saying that he doesn't, you know, suck.
Even in IV it was usable, I for one used early DP instead of Gliscor, and it served me fine. Thunderbolt for Gyarados and Flamethrower for Heracross, Metagross and other stuff was nice.

In Gen V, I haven't tried it, as I use Gliscor to wall things like Terrakion and other physical threats.

Weezing fairs decently in OU, but it suffers from the power creep this generation. There are many common threats it just cannot deal with and while the poison/levitate combination is a decent defensive typing, the low special defence makes it unable to tank even moderate powered neutral special attacks.

All this said, Weezing is a decent pokemon, but there are others who do any job he can do a lot better. Perhaps he will find a place in UU like he did last generation?

Even in IV it was usable, I for one used early DP instead of Gliscor, and it served me fine. Thunderbolt for Gyarados and Flamethrower for Heracross, Metagross and other stuff was nice.

In Gen V, I haven't tried it, as I use Gliscor to wall things like Terrakion and other physical threats.
Yeah, Gliscor is overall the better wall, because Poison Heal > Leftovers. STAB Earthquake > STAB Poison. And Gliscor at least has little bit of speed to him. And Gliscor can run Swords Dance, or even a (somewhat) gimmicky Baton Pass set.

Weezing has the advantage of being able to burn stuff. And Weezing isn't crippled by a surprise HP Ice on Landorus or Virizion.

Gliscor is still better, just not at everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)